The Unnaturals

in Roleplaying

What are you?

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 31 August 2018 at 4:27 PM

A radioactive blast has warped all the human race's cells, and we are part creature. Time is running out for all of our sanity, the radioactivity is getting stronger and we are becoming less human by the second. We need to find a way to stop the radioactivity, all while running from the few humans who were spared from the blast. If you're in, write your bio on your first (or second) comment. You don't have to do backstory, but it's fun. No taking over someone else's role. I will mail you if you accidentally do so. Please tell me what you think of this roleplay!

Edit: You can be a human who is hunting down the Unnaturals.

Something like this:
Name:
Appearance:
Species:
History: (Optional)
Personality:
Power: (Optional)
Weakness:
Other: (Optional)

Male
137 posts

dragonborn • 31 August 2018 at 4:40 PM

Name: Jaxon
Appearance: Black hair, Neon yellow dragon eyes, Spiral ivory horns on crown of head, Silver scales along backbone, White spines jutting out of backbone, tan skin, Silver wings coming out of shoulder blades, Always has at least one weapon on his person.
Species: Human/Dragon
History: To be revealed
Personality: Doesn't get angry easily, When angry, bursts into flames, Usually very calm.
Power: Has retractable claws, Can shoot fireballs out of hands, Can light on fire, Immune to heat, can change color like a chameleon.
Weakness: Subzero temperatures, Very sympathetic (sometimes too much).

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 31 August 2018 at 5:40 PM

Name: Jessica (Jess)
Appearance: Blond hair, Tan skin, Wears a crop top made of green snakeskin, Ragged black capris, Long ragged side swept bangs, A ponytail that reaches to her waist, Red fox ears, Red fox tail, Gold bird wings, Silver eyes that glow at will, Robotic left arm (elbow down)
Species: Red Fox, Pheonix
History: Her family was killed when the radioactive blast hit her home, she was an EXTREME brat before the blast, she was popular and had it all, and now she has to run from all the humans that were spared from the blast.
Personality: Snaps at people often, takes awhile to warm up to people, is a punny, happy, fun person when she trusts someone.
Power: Retractable wings and claws, secret ability that comes with her Pheonix side.
Weakness: Goes through extreme pain when retracting wings, she usually keeps them out.

Male
137 posts

dragonborn • 4 October 2018 at 8:33 PM

Jaxon aimed his Rifle high into the sky, aiming for a small bird that flew overhead. Hopefully he could hit it. He was glad he was in a gunshop/shooting range when the radioactivity had started.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 4 October 2018 at 8:35 PM

Jess crouched low in the tall, brown grass, watching the small deer herd nibble grass. her target was an elderly female deer on the edge of the herd. She clutched the sloppy stone dagger in her hand and crept toward the deer. Her foot suddenly cracked a stick painfully loud, sending the deer scattering. Jess shouted a rude word at the deer and stomped back to the wreckage of her old home.

Female
1 post

shadowy • 12 October 2018 at 8:11 PM

@wingedfox IS IT TOO LATE TO JOIN

Name: Avery
Appearance: She has dark brown, combination (think wavy and straight all at once) hair with reddish highlights, and a few freckles sprinted randomly across her nose bridge. Her eyes are a deep dark red, reminiscent of the color of a freshly formed scab (for lack of better comparison). With pale, lightly tanned skin and not very much musculature, she stands 5'5'' with hair falling just below her ears.

Species: Human/White-Tailed Deer

History: Avery was an inside person, living her ideal life with a nice, close-knit circle of friends and a nice, relatively close-knit family. And then this whole radioactive blast thing came about and ruined all of that. Avery is VERY VERY bad at surviving on her own, and was busy following her (equally as helpless) father around when surprise surprise, he was shot. By his own rifle. Because he didn't know how to load it safely.

A lovely girl who's busy flipping out because she's alone, in the woods, and oh god is that mushroom mutating in front of her eyes she's too young to dieeee

Personality: haha useless. NO not really. She's what you would describe as the "artistic" type, she likes to draw and create color palettes and sing with the happy little birds and whatnot. Very creative in all the wrong ways when it comes to survival. She's relatively nice, relatively smart, relatively whatever. One defining trait is a more grim sense of humor that she tries to hide (because not everyone appreciates that, apparently), and the occasional period of nihilistic depression that is usually followed by the standard edgy, rebellious teenage phase.

Power: Being so useless it's actually kind of funny/making pretty pictures out of random supplies

Weakness: (currently) inability to survive on her own after being raised in a bubble, rejecting possible friendship whenever she's in one of her "moods."

Other: Her last name is Martin. Ironic that her animal half isn't, in fact, a martin. She's only a bit peeved about this, since martins are very pretty birds (all those cool tones! wow) and deer are... very brown. Aren't they.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 15 October 2018 at 6:38 PM

@shadowy it's never too late to join! Welcome!

Female
191 posts

kiiiiiler • 20 October 2018 at 7:16 PM

Name: Clara
Appearance: Sandy brown hair, Tan cat ears and tail, white tip of tail, short hair tail, blue eyes, Orange tee shirt and jeans, blue tennis shoes
Species: Cat
History: Parents killed in nuclear blast, nearly died myself, was sent to orphanage but was kicked out when started to turn to cat, travels around randomly
Personality: sometimes shy, hyper and good to be with
Power: (Optional)
Weakness: Freezing places

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 21 October 2018 at 7:50 PM

All her home was was a pile of sticks held up with more sticks. Jess growled to herself at the fact she had no soft, squishy mattress and warm blankets. But it was the only home she had. Like it or not, she had been hit directly by the blast, which meant she transformed faster than the others.

Female
191 posts

kiiiiiler • 21 October 2018 at 8:18 PM

Clara squished through the muddy swamp. "Oh, man." She said as her finger nails started to grow into claws. She glanced up at the Willow trees in the swamp. "This is going to take a while." She said as she continued forward. She had a long way to go until she got to the nearest city where she could rest. "QUACK!" Said a duck. "AHH!" Clara screamed, because she had not heard or seen anything else but dirty water and willow trees plus a couple of fish that cant talk. A strong wind blew through the branches of the willows nearly knocking Clara down. She groaned. "Why cant I just find someone here?" She continued her journey through the damp swamp.

Male
137 posts

dragonborn • 24 October 2018 at 10:59 AM

Jaxon fired his rifle and flew up to catch his dead and falling prey. "Ha ha!" he said to the dead bird. Three seconds later he crashed into a tree. "UGH! Three months since i mutated, and I still can barely steer." He muttered. Jaxon heard a crack, then a snap, then he looked down at apparently what he was sitting on. A twig in the tree. "oh, no" he said staring at the twig nonstop. it cracked some more and then, "AHHH!" he landed face first in swamp mud. "not how i thought this day was going to go." he mumbled. he looked up at a figure crashing though the bushes.

Female
191 posts

kiiiiiler • 25 October 2018 at 2:37 PM

Clara tripped on a log but barely caught herself.
"Whew." She said having an Adrenalin rush. she heard an eagle screech and looked up. It seemed to be warning her. She looked behind herself, and saw men. Humans. "Oh, no." She raced forward to escape not looking back. but she continued to feel the urge to. she followed her instincts and looked back at the men. OH NO! A NET! She brought her focus back on the road and pumped her legs faster to a sprint. "I'm not going make it I'm not going to make it!" She crossed her hands over her chest like an X as the rope net stopped her from running as it ate her. A big and strong man lifted up the net. Clara closed her eyes, and then remembered that she had Cat fangs! She opened her eyes and looked at the mans hand holding the net mid-air. She climbed up the net to the successfully laughing man. She bit his hand causing him to drop the net. YES! She thought nodding her head toward her fist. She collected some traction and sprinted out. A silver figure laid in the dirt. it had wings and looked human. Clara ran over to it and bent down. "Hey there are humans coming! lets get out of here."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 25 October 2018 at 10:36 PM

Jess spread her wings wide, fiery gold feathers flashing in the sunlight. She beat them in a powerful downward stroke. Jess flew as high and as fast as she could. Ohh, the freedom! It had been ages since Jess had felt this free. She looked down at her pitiful home."Sigh. I love you, house, but I gotta move on. You won't be able to shield me from this coming storm, you'd probably collapse!" She nodded at the dark clouds. "You've been good to me."
Jess flew down to the wreckage of her home and picked up her sparse belongings, shoving them into a sack. A family photo, dirty and slightly torn lay near her packing hands. Jess looked at it and slung her bag over her shoulder. She picked it up and put it in her bag. She took a few steps out of her lean-to and spread her wings wide. She looked at the dark clouds again and took off to the huge mountains of Wasatch.

1,135 posts

lazyanon • 28 October 2018 at 7:57 PM

@wingedfox is this okay?
Name: Trek
Pronouns: him/he/they/them/Trek doesn't really care
Species: Velociraptor
Appearance: 10 foot tall, wearing a black and white dress, And has eyeliner and lipstick on. And is this kind of velociraptor (and his scale colors) https://www.google.com/search?q=velociraptor&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiHj8eRp6reAhXCyVMKHfgBD0oQ_AUIDigB&biw=1396&bih=685#imgrc=hnu4-jYaD7cGLM:
Abilities/Powers: He can befriend/make allies very naturally almost like magic...and he can make very small earthquakes also he can very basic magic but can be much better if he ever trained
Weapons: Violin, Knife, magic, Being a drag queen, Bard stuff
Weaknesses: His fear of his mother, fire, fear of spiders, tripping over his tail, his own clumsiness,etc...
Personality: I don['t like to stick to these so I'm gonna at least say laid back
history: he lived with his family till he was 15 when she kicked him out after finding out he was a drag queen (a guy who likes to wear dresses.) and lived on the streets moving around after that and learned many things and met many people on the streets. And He has at a museum at the time of the blast making him a dinosaur.(I'm using this guy in a DnD game.)

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 28 October 2018 at 8:11 PM

Welcome @lazyanon!

1,135 posts

lazyanon • 28 October 2018 at 8:21 PM

@wingedfox your turn
Trek: *He watched the sky start to turn a dark grey and saw a someone fly away from it and towards the museum. And what he calls the source. it's the only explanation he had for almost immediately turning into a dinosaur. however, he hasn't seen another person that's sane since the blast.*"H-HEY LADY! ARE YOU SANE!? I KNOW THAT'S AN ODD THING TO ASK! BUT, ARE YOU? ALSO, DON'T GO THERE! THERE IS A BUNCH OF INSANE PEOPLE THERE!" He shouted at the foxgirl with golden wings.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 28 October 2018 at 9:00 PM

"Huh?" Jess turned in the sky as she heard someone shout.

1,135 posts

lazyanon • 28 October 2018 at 9:02 PM

@wingedfox your turn
Trek: "DON'T GO THAT WAY! INSANE PEOPLE ARE THERE! CAUSE IT'S THE SOURCE!"

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 29 October 2018 at 7:38 PM

Jess flew toward the voice. A... (was it a dinosaur?) shouted at her from the ground. She flew down to it.

1,135 posts

lazyanon • 30 October 2018 at 3:42 PM

Trek:" Miss that way is the old town. Insane people, hunters, a-and ferals live there! It's much more dangerous than the storm!"

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 30 October 2018 at 4:45 PM

"And who are you, sir?" Jess raised an eyebrow at him and flicked her ears. "I wasn't going to the village."

1,135 posts

lazyanon • 30 October 2018 at 4:57 PM

Trek:" im trek. And the only way is through the town if you don't want to go around it taking 3 hours. It's only gotten worse."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 30 October 2018 at 5:07 PM

"Well,'Trek', i was on my way to the Wasatch Mountains. my home was a trash heap." Jess was on her guard. she had learned never to trust.

1,135 posts

lazyanon • 30 October 2018 at 5:13 PM

Trek:" ah, I see. I live in the giant tree in the meadow. There is a hole big enough between the roots to live it. It's a nice small cave system. Haven't explored all of it yet. There's a lot of tunnels. And the mountains are very far. Even if they are the safe haven for Unnaturals like us. I've given up getting there and came back here. I guess i got halfway there before i ran into a village full of people who kill Unnaturals."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 30 October 2018 at 5:58 PM

Jess sighed. She looked at the sky. It was getting dark.

1,135 posts

lazyanon • 30 October 2018 at 6:00 PM

Trek:"It's getting worse... I'm gonna go to my uh. 'home'. You can come for shelter during the storm if you want..."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 30 October 2018 at 6:04 PM

"Well, better than nothing." Jess sighed. "Sure."

1,135 posts

lazyanon • 30 October 2018 at 6:07 PM

Trek:*He walked over to a huge tree that's over 50'Ft tall and between it's root almost doorway like a 20-15ft tall entrance into a cave-like maze. And inside there are signs posted to find your way around.*"The blast isn't all bad after you see beauties of nature like this. The blast made it."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 30 October 2018 at 6:19 PM

Jess looked in awe at the tree. "I was hit Dead-on by the blast. how am i not this incredible?"

1,135 posts

lazyanon • 30 October 2018 at 6:23 PM

Trek:" As was i. I think is has to do with genetics. I used to well. *air quotes* 'live' in the town for a week or two till the blast hit, and this meadow was all forest. So i guess all the trees fused their genetics together."