[ Spring/Summer Creature Suggestion: Lilycoon ]

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

What do you think?

Male
5 posts

nonameblack • 17 March 2019 at 7:45 PM

Hi, I hope it's not a problem if I haven't opened a topic yet to introduce myself but I think I can do it properly by presenting my first Creature Suggestion for Spring/Summer: the ...

Lilycoon!

Image: https://imgur.com/NsPEA3m

Habitat: Northern Plains
Weight: 6 kg
Height: 0.30 m
Obtained from: Cave/CSP

About Lilycoon Eggs
It is said that the only and particular appearance of the first egg of Lilycoon is due to the loving care of a common raccoon for the only presence himself collected along his wandering, a lily seed, which was not only a companion but, for its relaxing properties, able to be especially restful, something tough for the creature because of his sleep disorders caused by gotten lost, long before, and not being able to find his family anymore. The lily seed and the raccoon would have grown old together; the animal, leaving this world, would have shed a single tear, which would give birth, falling on the seed, to a beautiful flower that, growing, seemed to develop from an ovoid bulb.
The development of these splendid specimens seems to be due to an intrinsic nostalgic bond with Nature and to a form of Care that’s still incomprehensible: most of the bulbs discovered and studied so far produce a transparent sap that seems to prevent the advent of a subsequent stage of growth.
Only a few, observed in their natural environment, seem to transform: the stem does not stretch, but branches around the bulb itself, on which a hard shell begins to form, almost gaudy; in a short time blooms a beautiful flower of the purest color. Very few of these eggs can hatch, giving rise to a creature that resembles that of the legend. Apparently, the spread of the species is made possible by the melancholic wandering of this creature.

About the Lilycoon Creature
The Lilycoon is a very reserved creature, but it doesn’t seem uncommon to see it whizz along grassy meadows or rest near waterways. Recent naturalistic observations have been useful to identify three stages of growth of the weird-looking animal. Once hatched, the hard shell of the egg loses its colour and crumbles, dropping the flower with large petals to the ground and revealing the presence of a very special living being, resembling a raccoon (but brightly colored), who takes possession of the lily freshly fallen off from the egg shell; it seems that he spends his entire life with it, without ever separating. His usual racings seem motivated to spread as much as possible, but in safe niches, the pollen of the lily, like he's hoping it can take root and promote this life form.
A particularity lies in the fact that the flower and the animal seem to be bound by something visceral: in fact, during its growth, the Lilycoon loses its characteristic bright navy-blue colour, which seems to infect the pearly purity of the petals of the lily; the last sky-blue fluff stage seems to mean almost a nostalgic memory when compared to the new bright blue acquired by the corolla.
Following these appearances, it seems impossible to still see both the creature and its beloved vegetable companion. Some hikers from Ark City say they saw them crying together…

My beautiful flatmate and girlfriend @mirime, who brings me here, helped me with the concept, story and descriptions; instead, the drawings are essentially mine.
Hope you all like it!

#nonameblacksuggestions #nonameblackdrawings #Lilycoon #creaturesuggestion

Entry Written By: @nonameblack, @mirime
Design Concept: @nonameblack, @mirime

171 posts

mirime • 17 March 2019 at 8:11 PM

Finally! Done! ❤️

Special Pings & Adds:
@eggberts
@playermocha345
@superunloved
@the-v-squad
@isathebelle
@sybil_howlett

Female
36 posts

eggberts • 17 March 2019 at 8:43 PM

I like the Lilycoon very much. The egg, 2-3 stages are really good. Anatomically I am not sure about the back legs being able to support the Lillycoon like a human's legs do. I hope this makes sense. The first section About lilycoon eggs I would make shorter sentences. The second section About the Lilycoon Creature is very very good.

For being your first creature suggestion you have done very well. I would be delighted to have Lilycoon in my cove. 😊

Female
59 posts

superunloved • 17 March 2019 at 8:51 PM

@nonameblack
I adore it so much I want one

171 posts

mirime • 18 March 2019 at 4:23 AM

@eggberts it has been difficult to explain the eggs' origin; I tried to make shorter sentences but the whole section would have lost its true meaning. I will try again, btw. I need to think about it.
The back legs are sure able to support the raccoon, we made more than a research to create something realistic but at the same time magic.
Thanks for your valuable opinion.
I really need that, not being a native speaker I still work hard to write well.

I really hope to see the Lilycoon become a true EggCave critter.
@superunloved ♡ we want it too!

Female
36 posts

eggberts • 18 March 2019 at 4:42 AM

@mirime The concept is great! Very mystical. I'll reread it and maybe something will "click". I agree if the sentences are too short the meaning will be lost.

Deleted • 18 March 2019 at 6:39 AM

@nonameblack @mirime
That's a lovely creature! ^^
Only I'm a bit confused on the 2nd stage, as the eyes and eyebrows?? confuse me. Is the child stage blind? Or something.
But it's very blue and raccoon-like and adorable and I love that the lily changes from pure white to midnight-blue.

171 posts

mirime • 18 March 2019 at 6:48 AM

@playermocha345
No, the critter's not blind but lol I loved your interpretation. I found that fascinating, maybe lose sight allows to see much clearer..?
It could go together with the concept.

I think it's just an unfortunate scan effect; the eyes are always black, even at the 2nd stage ^^

Btw I'm so happy you like it!

Female
268 posts

isathebelle • 18 March 2019 at 2:43 PM

@mirime Hi 😊 I've seen you have pinged me but unfortunately, I didn't get any notification at all ☹️ Btw I can't see you drawing also! But concept sound very interesting 😊( what a cute name) ..and if I could see that drawing that would be even better!

171 posts

mirime • 18 March 2019 at 2:51 PM

@isathebelle
Don't worry; I had to add you to the initial pings to avoid the double post, I wasn't sure I could mention you without asking you first! That's why you haven't received the notification before.
I'm glad you enjoyed the concept! ❤️

Why can't you see the picture? Unfortunately, we were not able to put the clickable link; did you try to copy and paste it into the address bar?

Female
268 posts

isathebelle • 18 March 2019 at 2:53 PM

@mirime Yes, I did but I don't see anything ☹️

171 posts

mirime • 18 March 2019 at 2:57 PM

@isathebelle I really don't understand why ☹️

Female
268 posts

isathebelle • 18 March 2019 at 3:05 PM

@mirime Here is the screenshot,I get this : https://imgur.com/POqvI2J
Yeah, I can see it now 😊 Looks so beautiful ❤️❤️

171 posts

mirime • 18 March 2019 at 3:08 PM

@isathebelle I'm glad you saw it and you appreciated it ❤️

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 18 March 2019 at 3:09 PM

@nonameblack @mirime Awwwww, adorbs! We don't have enough raccoons on EC..... 😋

Female
268 posts

isathebelle • 18 March 2019 at 3:11 PM

@mirime
I would love to have that kind of creature ❤️❤️❤️ Really, really great job 😊

171 posts

mirime • 18 March 2019 at 3:13 PM

@qerrats ❤️ thanks for your precious feedback! We love raccoons 😋
@isathebelle thanks again dear, it's a pleasure to know you would love to take care of our Lilycoon ❤️

Male
5 posts

nonameblack • 18 March 2019 at 4:00 PM

@eggberts
@playermocha345
@superunloved
@isathebelle
@qerrats
Thanks all of you!!! 😊

Female
260 posts

sybil_howlett • 18 March 2019 at 4:01 PM

@mirime I love racoons and flowers and both are amazingly made 😃 I love the colors and the creature a lot 😸 the name suits it so much 😃 I hope they will make it for this year 😸

171 posts

mirime • 18 March 2019 at 4:05 PM

@sybil_howlett and we both thank you so much. ❤️ Your opinion is important!
We really hope that, it would be really great to see it take life!

Female
260 posts

sybil_howlett • 18 March 2019 at 4:09 PM

@mirime
@nonameblack
anytime 😸
the best for both of you and I really wish you the best so the creature will come to life and we can enjoy it all together 😃

171 posts

mirime • 18 March 2019 at 4:13 PM

@sybil_howlett
Thanks aaawfully, dear 😸 for your time and for share your impression with us

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 19 March 2019 at 11:41 AM

awesome creature idea 😃

Deleted • 20 March 2019 at 12:59 AM

@nonameblack I want one

171 posts

mirime • 21 March 2019 at 8:57 AM

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks 😉

Edit:
@lexicon here it is ^^

Female
1,726 posts

lexicon • 14 January 2020 at 12:34 AM

@nonameblack @mirime

What a beautiful collaboration ;A;

The Lilycoon is absolutely precious❤️. I love raccoons and I love the whole concept! The color palate is mesmerizing - it looks bioluminescent 😊. And the writing fits the creature very well, it is thoughtful❤️. Great work you guys, I want all of them! ^^

171 posts

mirime • 14 January 2020 at 1:10 PM

@lexicon Thanks a lot coll. ❤️ you've been so kind!
Hope we'll see the Lilycoon made soon ❤️

Edit: @megamisama90 ❤️

Female
366 posts

megamisama90 • 20 January 2020 at 2:00 PM

@nonameblack @mirime
It's so cute! ❤️ I love how the colors blend together. I hope this will be made real ❤️

171 posts

mirime • 20 January 2020 at 2:04 PM

@megamisama90 Thanks, dear. Yeah, he did a really good job! I hope you appreciate the story too! Thank you! ❤️

Female
366 posts

megamisama90 • 20 January 2020 at 2:10 PM

@mirime
I did like the story too but I do love the creatures look more, sorry. ^^ ❤️