Find the Gobblers 2019 - Tips, Discussion, Info, and Questions

in General

How do you like the Gobbler hunting this year?

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 2 November 2019 at 6:14 PM

Hi y'all! It's November, which means that it’s Gobbler hunting time!

This is the topic where if you have any questions, want to share any tips, or have anything you want to post about the Gobbler hunt, then post it here! ❤️ any tips given by other users will be posted on the first post for everyone to see ^^

As a person who this year found the total amount of gobblers they found last year in 2 days because i'm a little too addicted to this game, I'd like to give out a few pointers. I’m making this because there’s been quite a lot of newer players these past couple of months who’ve never done Gobbler hunting before, so I hope this helps everyone 😸

Gobbler Info:
-Image opacity at 10%
-Can be found almost everywhere on the page (including ads), so far there’s been no gobblers on the error page
-A Gobbler appears around every 5 refreshes on average

Tips:
-Use a computer! It’s a lot faster.
-Find a page where you don’t have to scroll much and there’s a lot of white. A good place to do it is on the edit profile page of a creature without a travel and is a light color (I mainly use a huhu egg's profile to do it since they’re almost white)
-Hold down ctrl and then press “r” on your keyboard to refresh the page. Remember, they can be almost anywhere on the page, so look carefully! 😉
-What helps me sometimes is doing ctrl + a, which highlights everything on the page. If there’s a gobbler on the page, it’ll be highlighted and easier to see 😊
-Don’t refresh too fast, or you might miss a gobbler!
-Gobblers can be more easily spotted if you look for the signature texture of their tail, since it'll most likely contrast with the more smooth surrounding textures.
-Gobblers do frequently pop up over pictures so make sure you look closely 😊
@valleries1 found one in the cave page over the picture
@stevepat2002 found one of the bottom dark gray margin area
-If you do happen to be on your phone or a small device, there’s a helpful little glitch kind of thing:
--Since the phone screen is too narrow to fit the entire background image of eggcave (the one with the scarrow, perukeys, pumpkins, etc), if there’s a gobbler that’s supposed to be on part of the background that doesn’t normally show on your phone, the background image will kind of glitch and show more-than-usual of the background so that way the gobbler can fit on the page.
--Obviously, this glitch won’t happen every time there’s a Gobbler on your phone since Gobblers can still appear on parts of the screen that can fit on the screen, but still zoom out every time just in case there is one on the background 😉
-@stevepat2002 said, "another tip I got last year was to feed @/thedragonpalace since they are all pretty much the same, you notice when something is different"

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 2 November 2019 at 6:34 PM

@wigglytuff by every 6 refreshes do you mean every 50?

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 2 November 2019 at 6:38 PM

@stevepat2002 lol I mean sometimes :')

The longest streak I've recorded without finding a gobbler is around 15 refreshes (I searched real carefully and nothing showed up) but I've also gotten three Gobblers in a row before 😋

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 2 November 2019 at 6:40 PM

@wigglytuff I've gotten 20...

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 2 November 2019 at 6:42 PM

@stevepat2002 ive spent about 20 hours

2,892 posts

skymoare • 2 November 2019 at 7:51 PM

@wigglytuff

ugh, the only problem is that every times I scroll down, I see an illusion of a gobbler. 😊

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 2 November 2019 at 7:54 PM

@valleries1 I know, me too! All the time haha, and then when it's December and the event ends I just instinctively look for Gobblers 😋

2,892 posts

skymoare • 2 November 2019 at 7:56 PM

@wigglytuff

Yes, and then you will be looking for little eggs during the Easter event.

Although I find it harder when everything is highlighted

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 2 November 2019 at 8:00 PM

@valleries1 oh, sometimes it's easier and sometimes it's not 😋 I usually just find it helpful when there's lots of text 😊

2,892 posts

skymoare • 2 November 2019 at 8:02 PM

@wigglytuff

okay, thanks for the tips 😊

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 2 November 2019 at 8:05 PM

@valleries1 sure, happy hunting ❤️

Female
86 posts

ryepuff • 2 November 2019 at 8:34 PM

Do you get anything from collecting gobblers? Not gonna try for top 100 as I have a life lol. Worth getting any at all?

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 2 November 2019 at 8:43 PM

@ryepuff you get 1000 CC and 500k EC 😸 last year and it was only 500CC and 500k EC and the year before that it was only the top 50 collectors that got prizes, so it's a lot easier than it was the first year I joined lol

Female
86 posts

ryepuff • 3 November 2019 at 9:05 AM

@wigglytuff but only if you get top 100 you get anything right?

2,892 posts

skymoare • 3 November 2019 at 9:20 AM

ugh, this has really gotten to me. Last night I had a dream about continuously finding tons of gobblers.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 3 November 2019 at 11:01 AM

@ryepuff yep 😊 it shouldn’t be as hard this year tho! If you find 10-15 each day, you should be fine! 😊

@valleries1 yeah, I had a dream like that before! 😋

Female
343 posts

foxbit • 3 November 2019 at 11:12 AM

@valleries1 I had a dream like that too, haha 😋 Gobblers are haunting my dreams...
I definitely want the 1KCC for the creature re-releases at the end of the year.
Another tip: Press the tab key. The gobbler link is super long and the last one to show up in the page. Also, wait some 5 minutes between gobbler finds...and you're good.

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 3 November 2019 at 12:20 PM

@wigglytuff I found one in the gray margin at the bottom, if that helps anyone

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 3 November 2019 at 12:38 PM

@stevepat2002 oh, okie! I'll add that, i've just never found one there before 😋 thanks!

2,892 posts

skymoare • 3 November 2019 at 1:45 PM

@wigglytuff

If you think you say a gobbler you probably did, I found one on the Cave page. It got covered by the picture.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 3 November 2019 at 1:46 PM

@valleries1 that's good to know! It's pretty annoying when they show up on detailed pictures haha since they're pretty hard to see

Thanks ^^

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 3 November 2019 at 3:49 PM

@wigglytuff another tip I got last year was to feed @/thedragonpalace since they are all pretty much the same, you notice when something is different

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 3 November 2019 at 4:28 PM

@stevepat2002 great, I'll add that! Thanks!

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 3 November 2019 at 6:53 PM

@wigglytuff I think I’m going crazy. I looked at my nacho and I thought I saw a gobbler so I clicked it... eek

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 3 November 2019 at 7:57 PM

@stevepat2002 LOL YA I hallucinate Gobblers too!😋

Deleted • 3 November 2019 at 9:06 PM

@wigglytuff thank you the first day I found like 20 and now I am having trouble finding them but this helps out a lot thank you and everyone else for posting.

Female
493 posts

pouncessoftly • 3 November 2019 at 9:36 PM

@wigglytuff

Thank you for the suggestion about the edit profile page. My computer desk got destroyed in our recent move so I’m stuck mostly on the tablet til the new desk arrives on Thursday xD it’s definitely helped me find more than any other page I’ve tried 😊

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 4 November 2019 at 12:30 AM

@ilovehellokitty @pouncessoftly i'm glad to help! ❤️ good luck hunting 😊

Agender
136 posts

asbe • 7 November 2019 at 8:01 AM

The only event I don't like and don't participate, because there's absolutely zero chances for me to win something. Time is a problem, also I get bored quite easily.

316 posts

ravensong • 28 November 2019 at 3:56 PM

When does the even end? On Thanksgiving or the end of the month?