Help Decide Which Roleplay I Do Next

in Roleplaying

Which roleplay do you like best?

1,327 posts

bgunny • 1 December 2019 at 11:44 PM

Recently, I've decided I wanted to make another roleplay after finding 4 roleplays I made awhile ago. There is a problem. I don't know which one to do! I decided to make a poll so the people who might join can have a say. Please make a vote, or leave a comment, or both. It'd be nice to know who is interested in which roleplay. Oh, and even when I decide on which roleplay I'm going to do, it might take awhile for me to actually make it. Now onto the roleplays:

The Beasts Academy

In the Dryagia kingdom, there is a school called the Beasts Academy. The purpose of this school is to choose gifted individuals and train them. The training here is different than an average academy. The students have to bond with a wild and untamed mythical creature, otherwise known as a beast. They will then train to work as a team, learn to hone in their powers, fight, and other necessary skills. From there, they will be given missions to serve their kingdom. It is an honor to be chosen for the Academy of Beasts, and every 20 years, children from all over the kingdom gather to the capital to see if they will be called upon to join the next group. The next Chosen Day is upon us. Everyone is buzzing with excitement. The same questions rings in everyone’s heads. Who will be chosen this time?

Children of Stars

Long before Earth was created, the only beings in existence were stars. Yes, beings. Stars are living. They aren’t made up of gas like everyone thinks. No, stars are made up of hopes, peace, love, and magic. They shone brightly to encourage each other, but what they wanted most was to shine for others. They wanted other creatures to look up at them in times of need. Many years later, their wish came true. Earth was created. The stars were joyous, and ever since they have been shining their light on Earth, and are a symbol for hope, peace, love, and magic. But lately, a darkness has been shrouding the Earth. Every day, the star’s light becomes dimmer and dimmer. Hopes have become a rare occurrence. A war has broken out between two groups of humans. These groups were once blessed by the stars. One of the groups was given magic. The other was given a love in science. They became jealous of the others gifts. Their war is driving away everything the stars stand for, which is why they are starting to dim and he destroyed. In one last attempt to save the world, the stars created a type of humanoid being. They are made up of stars and have human attributes to them. They have the ability to spread hope, peace, and love. The stars have named them Children of Stars or, if you want to shorten it, Star Children. The Children of Stars are being sent to Earth to fulfil their purpose at any cost. To save the world. And if they fail? Then Earth will be destroyed in a blanket of darkness and hate. For what creatures can survive without hopes, peace, love, and magic?

(The darkness is a figurative darkness, but that would be explained more in depth in the roleplay.)

Project Second Home

The year is 2896. A year ago, scientists discovered a new planet that could possibly sustain life. So, Project Second Home was started. A group of teenagers and adults were selected and trained to go to the planet and investigate. Now, the group is finally ready and is aboard a space ship heading towards their destination. Unfortunately, things aren’t going to go as planned. The crew will crash land, leaving them stranded on the planet. They will find out that the planet can sustain life… The citizens? Monsters. The planet is filled with monsters, and while some of them are friendly and hospital, others are not. Will the Second Home crew survive and find a way to get home or will they perish on the planet that was supposed to be their new home?

(I'm probably going to change the plot description around a little, but the story is going to stay the same. This is probably my most recent creation, but even this one is a few months old.)

Needs a Name

You wake up one day in a strange place with a terrible head ache and with two people watching you, one is a kid your age and the other is an adult. You see 7 other kids beside you. When you're all up you get the news from the two people that you're in an island in the sky. The island is protected from normal humans by an ancient magic that also protects the inhabitants and helps it float. The carrier of the magic is a special crystal. Every few thousand years the crystal chooses 8 humans to represent a natural element. The humans tell you that each of the kids are in charge of one and will be given that power. Great right? Wrong! To keep the magic flowing that protects the island you will need to sacrifice yourself to the rock. If you don't the island will be destroyed. Unless...maybe you and your new team mates can find a new way...

(If anyone has any name ideas, please share them or I might just end up naming it the Sacrifice. This is probably my oldest role play out the 4 and I'm still stumped on it's name.)

Thank you to anyone who votes!

Pings (sorry if you didn't want them:
@wingedfox
@shadowdragon28
@arcana
@asrieldreemurr
@valleries1
@wigglytuff
@summerglow4a

I was just pinging a bunch of people I've roleplayed with or have seen role-playing in the forums. If you also know someone who'd be interested not on this list, please ping them.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 1 December 2019 at 11:55 PM

For me personally, I prefer the Beast Academy.
First, animals, creatures, beasts. I love them. Hence why I'm on this site.
Second, fantasy. I like fantasy.
If I had to rank them tho, the Beast Academy would be first, The Children of the Stars would be second, Needs a Name third and Project Second Home last.

I'll try to think of a name for Needs a Name.

1,467 posts

robinn • 2 December 2019 at 12:47 AM

The Beasts Academy sounds the most interesting to me. I also really like Children of the Stars.

Female
1,505 posts

froot • 2 December 2019 at 7:42 AM

Needs a Name sounds hella interesting! 😃

Wouldn't regret joining that one 😋

2,892 posts

skymoare • 2 December 2019 at 8:57 AM

@bgunny

yeah, Beasts Academy sounds really cool to me

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 2 December 2019 at 2:19 PM

@bgunny I really like Needs a Name. (What do you think of Islands in the Sky as a name?)
Beasts Academy sounds really cool to me too.

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 2 December 2019 at 2:52 PM

@bgunny. Needs a name. Needs a name should be the name, because they don’t have a name O.o

1,327 posts

bgunny • 2 December 2019 at 3:21 PM

Thanks again to everyone who gave their opinion/voted!

Right now it seems like Needs a Name and Beasts Academy are tied with 4 votes each.

@stevepat2002
Were you making a vote for Needs a Name? Also, that's very deep and intense... 😊

@asrieldreemurr
Thank you! I'm happy to see any names you come up with!

@wingedfox
I was thinking about naming the roleplay that. I'll keep it in mind. Thank you!

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 2 December 2019 at 3:37 PM

@bgunny yes I was

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 2 December 2019 at 8:31 PM

@bgunny
These are great ideas! Uhh..Needs to Name sounds like a great roleplay! I also like Children of the Stars. 😊

1,478 posts

arcana • 3 December 2019 at 12:21 AM

@bgunny
I like Needs a Name and Beast Academy, although I'm not too sure which one I would choose. The name of Needs a Name, I've been considering names like Preservation, and it reminds me of a level in Temple Run called Sky Summit(Which is basically a floating island level) and something along the lines of that, or maybe something based on the items you can find in that level, if you're interested. Or, you can research actually floating islands and take one of their names/make a name for the floating island and name the roleplay that! Hope that helps!

1,327 posts

bgunny • 3 December 2019 at 11:48 AM

Needs a Name is ahead of Beasts Academy by one point (8,7). At least that's what I think it is. I'd assumed everyone would click on the poll, so now I'm having some trouble getting an accurate vote count. It's around there, though.

I doubt it's going to catch up, but Children of Stars has around 2-3 votes.

@shadowdragon28
Thank you! I'm glad you like them.

@arcana
Thank you for your name suggestions! I'll keep them in mind. Researching is a really good idea.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 3 December 2019 at 12:56 PM

@bgunny
Yes! Beasts Academy!!!

1,327 posts

bgunny • 4 December 2019 at 12:33 PM

Okay, so now Beasts Academy appears to be up by one point (9,8), but it could be tied. I'm not sure 😋. I'm going to wait a little longer and see if a clear winner is made. If not, I'm going to try and figure out the accurate count cause I don't think 17+ people voted on this.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 4 December 2019 at 1:51 PM

@bgunny

when you decide on a RP, can you please ping me? I would love to join!

1,327 posts

bgunny • 5 December 2019 at 12:08 PM

@asrieldreemurr @summerglow4a @shadowfaxe @valleries1 @wingedfox @stevepat2002 @shadowdragon28 @arcana @galaxyleopard

Results!

Okay, so I ignored the poll and tallied up the votes in the comments. The score was 6,6. Yep, the roleplays are tied XD. So, then I looked at the poll (Beasts Academy is winning on that one), and read the comments over again. A few of the people who voted for Needs a Name also said Beasts Academy seems fun, so I think I’m going to say Beasts Academy is the winner! I’ve started prepping and preparing it. I’m not going to have it up right away. It might take 1-3 weeks. I’ll make sure to ping those who are interested onto the roleplay topic.

For those who really liked Needs a Name, because it was tied on the comments, I will make sure to do that eventually. I’m thinking once I get Beasts Academy settled and running, I’ll start working on Needs a Name. It’ll probably be a month or two (maybe more) after I start Beasts Academy, but at least it’ll come in the future.

For the 2-3 people who voted for Children of Stars. In the waaaaay distance future you can count on seeing that one.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 5 December 2019 at 12:09 PM

@bgunny

Yeah! make sure you ping me!

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 5 December 2019 at 12:09 PM

@bgunny
Great!! Plz let me know when Beast Academy opens! I’d love to join!

1,327 posts

bgunny • 5 December 2019 at 12:10 PM

@valleries1 @galaxyleopard
Don't worry! I will! 😊

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 5 December 2019 at 4:13 PM

@bgunny
Ping me too plz! 😊

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 5 December 2019 at 6:56 PM

@bgunny Me too! It's an awesome idea.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 5 December 2019 at 9:22 PM

@shadowdragon28 @wingedfox
Of course! I'm glad you like the idea!

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 6 December 2019 at 1:22 AM

@bgunny
I wish to be pinged

Female
19 posts

snom • 12 December 2019 at 10:00 PM

@bgunny

i really love beast academy and needs a name 😱

1,327 posts

bgunny • 12 December 2019 at 10:16 PM

@snom
Well, the Beasts Academy is the one I chose to go for. I'm planning on posting the Sign Up forum either tomorrow or the next day if you're interested. 😊

Female
19 posts

snom • 12 December 2019 at 10:38 PM

@bgunny

i'd love to be pinged c: