How To Train Your Dragon RP (ALWAYS OPEN)

in Roleplaying

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 5 June 2020 at 1:18 AM

HTTYD Roleplay

Story under renovation....

RULES:
No Mary or Gary Sues
Keep it PG-13
No controlling other people's characters

Character Template

Human

Name:
Personality:
Backstory:

Dragon

Name:
Rider*: (if it is a wild dragon, you can simply just leave this blank)
Race/Kind:
Personality:
Backstory:

Pings:
@wingedfox
@galaxyleopard
@arcana
@asrieldreemurr
@shadowdragon28
@meisawesome
@skymoare
@starfire_nebula

2,892 posts

skymoare • 5 June 2020 at 2:59 AM

@thelaizywolf2019

AWESOME I love dragons. Will join asap

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 5 June 2020 at 3:05 AM

@skymoare, sure! That's great to hear! Earlier while waiting for others to join, I've already made my characters!

Human

Name: Lupus Wolfsbane
Personality:

Sorry, I prefer to go and read some books in the library.

Lupus isn't a people person and gets really awkward when someone interacts with her. She prefers the company of animals and books. She loves listening to stories about dragons and whatnot.

Lupus is kind and caring, though she can get aggressive and ruthless when she deems someone a threat. She is skilled with the rapier and chakram.

Appearance: Lupus has short black hair and grey black eyes. Her face has sharp and masculine features deeming her attractive by both men and women. Lupus has a lithe and athletic body build. She wears medium weight silver armour.

Backstory: As a young girl, Lupus would get bullied a lot by other kids because of her love for books. She grew up alone in her life and has no idea where her parents are.

One day, while wandering in the forest; she encountered an injured Stormcutter. Carefully, she managed to bring the beast back to her home and treat it's wounds. Slowly, she and the dragon became close and were like family. She named the dragon, Knightsong.

Dragon

Name: Knightsong
Rider*: Lupus Wolfsbane
Appearance: Knightsong's entire body colour is white. He has gray frills and black petal-like pattern on his wings. He has steel blue highlights on his head and has gray blue eyes.
Race/Kind: Stormcutter
Personality: Knightsong is a proud, intelligent and sweet dragon. He loves spending time with his rider and gets extremely protective of her.
Backstory: Knightsong was abandoned by his parents due to unknown reasons and struggled to stay alive ever since. Years later, he became strong and many of his kind feared him. One day, he was attacked and ambushed by a Monstrous Nightmare. He weakly fled from the fight and crashed landed in a forest. Minutes later, a human approached him and despite his many attempts to escape or attack, the human brought him to her residence. There, Knightsong earned her trust when the human treated his wounds. Ever since that day, he and his rider were unseperable.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 5 June 2020 at 3:48 AM

@thelaizywolf2019
So, I’d love to join this as a dragon lover, but I’ve never read How to train your dragon before. I know the basics of it but not much

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 5 June 2020 at 3:49 AM

@galaxyleopard
Oh don't worry! Are you familiar with the film adaptation of the series?

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 5 June 2020 at 3:51 AM

@thelaizywolf2019
Yeah kinda, it’s fine I’ll just snatch a book from by brothers room and read that xD

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 5 June 2020 at 3:52 AM

@galaxyleopard
Actually, the roleplay is based on the film adaptation.

Female
86 posts

starfire_nebula • 5 June 2020 at 6:56 AM

@thelaizywolf2019
thx for the ping! i love HTTYD... i need to brush up on some things tho c:

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 5 June 2020 at 8:19 AM

@starfire_nebula, OK! I understand..

2,892 posts

skymoare • 5 June 2020 at 9:14 AM

@galaxyleopard

Just a tip you can always check the httyd wiki XD

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 5 June 2020 at 9:15 AM

@thelaizywolf2019
Can you give me some backstory? Or is it just the same/ similar universe?

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 5 June 2020 at 9:16 AM

@skymoare, yes that is correct. @meisawesome, yep it's the same universe but I'm still planning on the story.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 5 June 2020 at 9:22 AM

@thelaizywolf2019
Ah, ok. Ill make a character later. If the rp is about to start, just ping me and ill make one ASAP, ok?

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 5 June 2020 at 9:23 AM

@meisawesome, sure! I will 😊

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 5 June 2020 at 9:40 AM

@thelaizywolf2019
Oh, and one more question; can we make up species? In the first movie, i dont think he covered EVERYTHING in the book of dragons (or whatever its called)

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 5 June 2020 at 9:41 AM

@meisawesome, you can search the dragon species on the httyd wiki. You can also make hybrids.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 5 June 2020 at 9:43 AM

@thelaizywolf2019
Cool

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 5 June 2020 at 9:45 AM

@meisawesome, Uhuh.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 5 June 2020 at 11:14 AM

@thelaizywolf2019

Okay, here's mine! I just love dragons!
Also, Is it one character per person? I'm just concerned about the gender balances (cause by past experiences, there's always for female than male, so just wondering 😋)

Human

Name: Yoshino "Yoshi" Fidochi
Personality:
Quiet and shy personality. She tends to hang out with her dragon rather than other humans. When in contact with others, she tends to act cold hoping people would leave her alone. She can be often found with her dragon or in her library, thinking about ways to improve weapons or armor for both her dragon and herself. She is most active at night and sleeps for most of the day.

She prefers to use dual daggers and knives. Yoshi is rather ferocious when it comes to fighting, but she can be civil with her fellow comrades.

Appearance: Yoshi has long black hair. She wears an eye-patch over her right eye which is red and shows her left eye which is blue. She has a scar over her right eye, which she got from her dragon. She often wears black fire-proof leather for armor. Weird blue patterns decorate her armor, they sometimes glow at night. She uses the glowing to her advantage, trying to scare away any un-welcomed guests during the night. Her knives are strapped away in hidden pockets, but her dual blades hang on her waist.

Backstory:
At a young age, Yoshi learned that her parents hated dragons. Her father taught her many fighting, hunting, and surviving skills, in case a dragon attacked. They rarely let her outside, but Yoshi was curious about the world and would often sneak outside. One day she came across a little dragonet, a Triple Stryke, which she named Scorpio. Growing up she spent most of her time with Scorpio. He was her closest friend, especially after her parents disowned her for befriending a dragon.

Dragon

Name: Scorpio
Rider*: Yoshino Fidochi
Race/Kind: Triple Stryke
Personality:
Scorpio acts rather hostile towards other dragons and humans, but he does have a soft spot for Yoshi. He often lashes out at others. He is head-strong and usually enters battle without a second thought.
Backstory:
Scorpio hatched, alone with no other dragon in sight. He was captured by humans, twice, both times he was lured in. After that, he was hesitant to trust anyone. He learned to live on his own. As a young dragonet, a human by the name Yoshino found him. His first thought was to attack, which he did. Giving the young girl a scratch over her right eye. Luckily the eye wasn't damaged as much (except she's a bit blind there), but a scar was left. Scorpio thought the girl would be scared away, but she kept returning, bring him food at times. Slowly, Scorpio began to trust Yoshino. To this day, Yoshi is the only one he truly trusts.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 5 June 2020 at 11:21 AM

@skymoare welp it depends on you and your characters are accepted!

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 5 June 2020 at 12:06 PM

@thelaizywolf2019
Ok, i researched a little, and i think i got one.
Name: Sonasa
Rider:
Race/Kind: Skrill
Personality: a little ambitious, and usually untrusting of other dragons and some people.
Backstory: eh, pretty normal for the most part. She just doesnt like other dragons that much.
Other: shes one of the purple skin skrill and one of the spikes on her crown is gone.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 5 June 2020 at 3:59 PM

@thelaizywolf2019
Thanks for the ping! I don't have time to write a bio for my characters now but as soon as I do I would be happy to join!

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 5 June 2020 at 9:52 PM

@meisawesome okay your character are accepted and @wingedfox okay, I understand.. So, does anyone wish to start the roleplay?

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 5 June 2020 at 11:05 PM

At 9:00 at night I now have time! Yay! Here are my characters.

Human

Name: Eeyaa (Aeeya) Hammerfist
Personality: She's sass personified. She always has something witty to say, except for the rare times when she doesn't. Her affection is shown by punching people's shoulders or backs and she doesn't like slow talkers.
Backstory: Her parents in Old Berk were killed by dragons. She doesn't hate them, but doesn't like them because of this. She does, however warm up to people fast so if any dragons stubborn enough and adorable enough to not leave her alone show up, she'll adopt them.

Dragon

Name: Moonlace
Rider*:
Race/Kind: Sand Wraith
Personality: He's haughty and kind of like a cactus in personality. He lashes out at people if they do things he's not happy about, and sometimes just so see then frustrated. He doesn't like his name and would rather everyone just call him Moonshadow.
Backstory: He remembers very little about his past, but remembers mostly flashes of swords and big boots.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 5 June 2020 at 11:07 PM

@thelaizywolf2019
Could we start it in the morning? I gotta go to bed soon.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 5 June 2020 at 11:37 PM

@wingedfox your characters are accepted and @meisawesome sure!

@meisawesome, @galaxyleopard wanna start?

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 6 June 2020 at 12:33 PM

@thelaizywolf2019
Yes

2,892 posts

skymoare • 6 June 2020 at 1:19 PM

@thelaizywolf2019
I'm good to start. I may add another character though just because of the gender imbalance. XD

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 6 June 2020 at 8:59 PM

@skymoare OK!

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 6 June 2020 at 10:29 PM

So...pshpshpshpsh...what now? Do we start?