'Sorry, I can't feed your eggs today because...'

in Forum Games

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 30 July 2021 at 3:04 PM

The Issue:
(Game below)

Instead of making two posts I'm going to make this one.

I'm partially venting, but I'm also laughing because of how absurd it is. (and like 'what else can go wrong?!') Figure I'll turn some of my pain into a game and have fun with it.

I already can't feed coves all of the time because of health problems and bad internet & old equipment.
Now add on top of it all...
This past week I've developed what I refer to as 'Game Narcolopsy' to feeding coves. I only get a couple seconds notice to lay down before I pass out. I've been exhausted lately, but it only happens when I'm feeding. (I've had it happen with some other games in the past. Usually card games. One was the only times I've ever fallen asleep while sitting upright.) Only solution is to not play said thing for a few years, and the solution is only temporary, unless I only play the game very casually. : /
(I'm going to try to keep going, but I know from past experience it only gets worse.)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Game:

Optional: Offer some help to the person above you.
(how useful that help actually is remains to be seen.)

Aim: Post some absurd fictional reason why 'you' can't feed/click on coves.

Example:

Person 1 posts : Sorry, I can't feed rn because I'm having to mow the lawn while dodging Tyrannosaurs Rex.

Person 2: *hands them a rainbow striped umbrella and a glass of water*
Sorry, I can't feed right now because I'm stuck in the 1950's working as a switchboard operator.

I'll start this off with:

Sorry, I can't feed right now, A volcano just exploded and I'm running for my life. *dodging debris and trying to outrun lava*
[ A totally plausible thing that could happen... just chatting online would be the last thing on my mind if it were true... and there's no active volcanos anywhere near me.]

@aquaticfalconess @murmurw @eerie @tetromino @gemini_1261 @scout @izziedragon @galaxywatcherofnight @frankenstein
(And yes, I pinged a couple of you from the Vending Machine thread 😉 )
I'm still shy about pinging, so sorry if I left anyone out. This was more than I usually can talk myself into.

Deleted • 30 July 2021 at 4:34 PM

Ah this is creative!
*tosses a fire extinguisher your way*

Sorry, I can't feed right now because I've been captured by giant sentient robots.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 30 July 2021 at 4:41 PM

(Thank you! ^ _ ^
Noice! I knew I could count on you for some fun answers! : D )

*Throws you a wrench*

Sorry, I cant feed right now; a swarm of flesh eating slugs are trying to get on my toes!

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 30 July 2021 at 8:40 PM

*sends a box to capture them with*

Sorry I can't feed right now, I just bought a ton of Taco Bell and it needs eating right away D:

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 30 July 2021 at 8:45 PM

*comes over to help you eat though that food. It's a win-win!*

Sorry, I can't feed right now, I'm sneaking into area businesses and changing out all the CFL light bulbs with antique fluorescents.

Female
121 posts

mithmel • 30 July 2021 at 11:13 PM

*hand them a glass of water*

Sorry, I can't feed right now because I'm stuck in the 1950's working as a switchboard operator.

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 31 July 2021 at 1:29 AM

*begins working on a time-travel machine*

Sorry, I can't feed right now because I'm trying to outrun 50 maniac killer bees.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 31 July 2021 at 1:34 AM

*Orders you a 3-gallon Shop Vac online... with Standard Shipping*

Sorry, I can't feed right now because I am doing a full costumed rendition of the Time Warp.

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 5 August 2021 at 6:23 AM

*buys a movie ticket to watch you do this entertainment*

Sorry, I can’t feed right now because I’m trying out for the part of Mickey Mouse.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 5 August 2021 at 10:40 AM

*buys you a pair of Mouskateer ears from 1958*

Sorry, I can't feed right now, but I'm cutting rows for the Corn Maze.

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 6 August 2021 at 12:03 AM

*gets you a lawnmower and a maize sandwich*

Sorry, I can't feed right now because I'm trying to keep my Felicete away from my Egg Coins.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 6 August 2021 at 12:09 AM

*gets you a Youngold*

Sorry, i can't feed right now because I had so much fun making the Corn Maze, that I decided to branch out into trying to make replica crop circles.

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 6 August 2021 at 12:18 AM

*about to help you, but then receives a call from the mayor saying that Ark has run out of corn*

Sorry, I can't feed right now because I decided to cover my house in newspapers.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 6 August 2021 at 12:25 AM

*sends you a bottle of paste and a filing cabinet*

Sorry, I can't feed right now because a geyser has erupted in the middle of town.

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 6 August 2021 at 12:38 AM

*throws you a metal plate to plug it with before running out of town and leaving all my newspapers*

Sorry, I can't feed right now as I'm trying to locate the key to a secret door in the ground that has treasure inside.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 6 August 2021 at 12:43 AM

*gets you the phone number to a hobby store that sells metal detectors*
'Bob' the owner just happens to be a famous author / expert on lost/hidden/buried treasure. In his photo happens to be a pet Yazan.

Sorry, I can't feed right now because I'm actually feeding my whole cove. It's worse than trying to agree on pizza toppings!

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 6 August 2021 at 12:53 AM

*puts on bunny ears and goes to your cove, waiting for a feed*

Sorry, I can't feed right now because I'm haggling with Aki the Bright on a cup of green tea.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 6 August 2021 at 1:06 AM

*hands you some Egg Coins, my cheat sheet on prices, and my Bean Sack VIP card*

Sorry, I can't feed your eggs right now because I dug out my old Walkman and am jamming to some tunes.

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 6 August 2021 at 1:09 AM

*hands you a hand-written invitation to your dance party and joins in the fun*

Sorry, I can't feed right now because I've been selected as a new fishmonger and am currently trying to reel in a soggy boot.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 6 August 2021 at 1:39 AM

*knits you a net*

Sorry, I can't feed right now because i got lost down a Neopets nostalgia rabbit hole.

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 6 August 2021 at 1:43 AM

*throws down a Alice in Wonderland outfit*

Sorry, I can't feed right now because wifi has decided to leave me just at this moment.

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 7 August 2021 at 4:37 AM

Sorry I can't feed your pets because I'm trying to save my fish from drowning DX

Female
58 posts

galactic_pigeon • 7 August 2021 at 2:26 PM

*Hands over reverse scuba-diving gear* Here you go : )

Oh, I'm super sorry that I can't feed any of your creatures, I got lost in a giant underground maze and I can't find my way out! Sorry for delays, I might tomorrow though! : )

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 7 August 2021 at 2:38 PM

*hands you a headlamp, a battery, and advises to watch out for the batitaur... or was it the wumpus*

Sorry, I can't feed right now, I'm trying to out-code energy/electricity sucking nanobots.

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 9 August 2021 at 1:17 AM

*brings a video recorder...the next blockbuster movie!*

Sorry, I can't feed right now as I'm preparing to fly to Mars.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 9 August 2021 at 1:27 AM

(Oh I wish. I actually stole the plot from my favorite TV show... that was sadly cancelled after only two seasons.)

*tries to find you the best STEM classes in your country*

Sorry, I can't feed your coves right now because I'm on the roof trying to get the birds out of the satellite dish. Again.

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 11 August 2021 at 6:48 AM

*takes umbrella and CHAAAAARGE-*

apologies birds
Sorry not sorry

Sorry, I can't feed right now because I'm counting all the stars in the sky.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 12 August 2021 at 12:53 AM

*sits besides you and quietly tries too*

Sorry, I can't feed right now because I'm trying to set a Guinness Book World Record for licking the most postage stamps in a day.

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 12 August 2021 at 1:19 AM

*heaves two buckets of postage stamps and envelopes over and begins to lick too*

Sorry, I can't feed right now because I had so much fun watching videos of monkeys jumping on the bed, I decided: Why not? *bed spring cracks*

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 12 August 2021 at 1:22 AM

*looks both ways* well... Sorry I can't feed right now, but when you put it that way I can't resist jumping on a trampoline the way foxes do 😃