Let's Revive EggCave!

in Chit-Chat

Female
345 posts

moonlight24 • 3 August 2021 at 3:25 PM

EggCave has been very quiet recently. A little... dead. Lots of my friends are quitting, as well. So, me and @boba are trying to revive EggCave. If you want to join and help you can just ping me or @boba.

Update (9/22/2021, EDT): Thank you all for the support! We'll try our best to work it out. I'm actually making a couple of things, but I would like to hear your thoughts! I'm trying to make some type of Discord for discussion, I'll see how things turn out! See you soon!
~~ Moonlight ~~

Update (9/22/2021, EDT): The Discord has been created, but it's still a MAJOR wip, I hope it'll do something for the very least? If you want to join, here: https://discord.gg/98ybggfmQj
~~ Moonlight ~~

Update (9/23/2021, EDT): Discord launched, as you can up there ^^' Hope to see some of you soon! Some already joined. Who's @/sparkyourself, again????
~~ Moonlight ~~

Female
2,324 posts

ida92 • 4 September 2021 at 9:19 AM

@moonlight24 I recently returned from hiatus and noticed that the forums are so quiet...

Female
585 posts

duckduck • 9 September 2021 at 4:47 PM

@ida92
@moonlight24

I’ve been gone for a while also, and I agree! It’s sad to see the forums so empty. There doesn’t seem to be as much activity goin on anymore ☹️

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 9 September 2021 at 5:02 PM

@moonlight24 Yeah every time I come back to egg cave I get nostalgic and sad. I love this game but part of what makes it is the community... so many people have left and so few are active. I know I want to be more active but real life is getting in the way of that as a college student. I just don't know how to get us back to the way we were.

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 9 September 2021 at 9:49 PM

@moonlight24 I suppose I'm still considered new, but in the course of about four months, I've seen more than 7 people quit, more than 11 giving away their creatures since they're going on hiatus, and more than 10 going on semi-hiatus. I've looked through the old forums, and they were wayyyyy more active than they are now - there were people posting every minute, if not every second, and at least 12 online at once from what I've heard. I've dug through forums, seen people like @/iia quit because of different reasons. It's just sad, because I believe the community spirit was enormous (you know what I mean). I don't know how to get it back though. Lots of people are quitting and those who are online don't really communicate that much... it's mostly just trade, trade, chat, feel happy, trade again, go offline. Even for me, that's usually the case. I'd like it if the community communicated not just for trading purposes.

Female
1,308 posts

stellalunagirl • 9 September 2021 at 10:37 PM

@singasong99

I agree with you on that last point. I personally am not great at keeping connections alive IRL so I feel like it is definitely much harder to do so on a game like EC :/

Though I'm glad to see so many returning oldies, I feel a little less alone! ^^"
@duckduck @ida92

Female
2,324 posts

ida92 • 10 September 2021 at 2:05 AM

@stellalunagirl perhaps it's not too late to revive the forums 😊

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 10 September 2021 at 2:33 AM

@ida92 Perhaps. And perhaps not. I feel like the old times were much more 'fun' in a sense if you get my meaning. Every 30 minutes or so, someone posts now, compared to the 'Oh you posted something? I'm gonna quickly go post too within one second' kind of mindset.

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 10 September 2021 at 11:15 AM

@singasong99 I think part of the issue is the dying popularity of games like these... with today's world everyone wants to be constantly stimulated. This is a game that takes time. I know plenty of people who think this game is "boring" or "lame" because its not flashy or an mmorpg....

Female
2,324 posts

ida92 • 10 September 2021 at 3:08 PM

It all depends on the players really... Wether they wish to bring life back to the forums or not. I believe EggCave deserves a second youth. I'm trying to figure out what could be done, but nothing crosses my mind right now.

738 posts

dragonnn • 10 September 2021 at 8:04 PM

Bring back the combat system (for me).

😃

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 11 September 2021 at 12:54 AM

That’s true. I remember starting out frustrated as it was taking about more than a hundred years for my eggs to hatch. Which is why I bid on cheap auctions with evolved critters that no one else wanted.

6 posts

sirius_satellite • 22 September 2021 at 2:34 PM

This is my 3rd return to EggCave since I stared maybe 3-4 years ago (I had to make a new account once) and it feels a lot different without as many active people, but I hope that this game can make it through. I really like the simplicity and it has a nice community so I hope either people return to it or new players join.

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 22 September 2021 at 2:49 PM

@moonlight24
@ian
Tbh I'd personally help fund advertisement for Eggcave haha gotta get our name out there! I think there's not a lot of trails leading to this site any more and that could be one of the issues.
Disclaimer though: I know next to nothing about advertisement. My idea is maybe the community could help donate for funding? I'm not sure. So many people are already upset with how much real money gets funded into this game.
Like I said before we have to somehow add more engagement for users... if anyone has ideas I'd be happy to hear them. My brain don't work too good.

Female
345 posts

moonlight24 • 22 September 2021 at 3:37 PM

I've been gone for so long it's surprising how much support we got!
I left for a while because I was really busy and I'm back now! I'll see what I can do but thanks XD
So sorry for being so incredibly inactive! Hope I'm able to be more active now XD

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 23 September 2021 at 5:18 AM

Egg Cave, unlike Neopets, is one of the 'hidden treasures'. It's hard to come across unless you specifically search 'egg cave adoptables game', 'online adoptables game' or 'eggcave.com'. I feel like advertisements would be nice - however we don't want to make it too intrusive.
@moonlight24 Pretty sure we all here feel the same way XD

Female
890 posts

shirothekittehlover • 23 September 2021 at 7:36 AM

@moonlight24
Hmmm I think we can revive EggCave with adding certain new features? Not many, but al least enough to make this site a bit more interesting

Female
345 posts

moonlight24 • 23 September 2021 at 8:39 AM

@singasong99
@shirothekittehlover

Both of those ideas sound nice! I might start a couple of categories in 'Suggestions' though I don't think I can be the one advertising. @/ian has to do it, I don't have that power XD. I really believe most of the younger people are in school and off, I know the feeling so there's not much to do about that. Though new members really would spark this place up. I'll be as active as I can on the forums, though I'll be more active on the Discord! Note: Who's @/sparkyourself? Thanks!

UPDATE: So, here's the discord link: https://discord.gg/98ybggfmQj
I think it's all the way up there in the first message but still.
Anyways if you want to add your cove to the Feed List you can DM me in Discord or EggCave XD.

Male
1,987 posts

Ian • 23 September 2021 at 1:28 PM

Hi all! Thanks for your feedback here. I agree that it's been quieter here at Egg Cave recently. I am, however, expecting a little bump in new activity into the holiday season. Summers are normally a bit quieter because of the lack of themed holidays (this is why we do random themes).

@dragonnn what combat system are you referring to? 😸

Open to any and all suggestions here for new features for Egg Cave that you all might be interested in. ❤️

Female
345 posts

moonlight24 • 23 September 2021 at 1:57 PM

@Ian
I left for a while because EC was too hard to get, having to feed/trade/sell creatures in order to get it. Thanks!

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 24 September 2021 at 2:58 AM

@moonlight24
i've been on and off for a couple of years now, but i have also noticed how quiet it is now )): a couple years back (around maybe 2015 - 2016??), i remember that the forums were so alive due to forum games (ie. dogs vs cats, count to a million etc.) sadly, many users have since left the site, which for me, has impacted the experience of the game.
although egg cave is so nostalgic as it was essentially my childhood (i've been here for 8 years, wow!), nowadays, i just check on to see if my creatures are alive ((': this is just a really long way of saying that the community aspect of egg cave is gone, which is what kept the site alive before.

personally, i think that a great way to revive eggcave is through more forum games!! back at ec's peak, there were so many clubs (ie. BOAF), roleplays and games that kept the forums alive! i also remember that there were more creature suggestions and fun giveaways that weren't just from quitting users.
maybe this is just my bad memory, but i think there was this thing where you could see most recent posts from each section of the forums because the games section was being updated too often ^^; now, most recent posts for anything are about a day old.

sorry for the essay ((': it would be nice to see ec become alive again though o':

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 24 September 2021 at 5:23 AM

@leafmelody The forum games used to be pretty active! There are about a hundred different clubs created but they all die afterwards.

@moonlight24 hi! sorry about the discord confusion! I left the computer screen on and my little sister climbed into the seat and tried to join. Please don't add her as she's not on Egg cave! Thank you and sorry! ^^;

Female
345 posts

moonlight24 • 24 September 2021 at 8:46 AM

@leafmelody
I read the thing and I'm so sorry for you :') I participate in them as much as possible but they're kind of dead. I feel like owning one of these is a lot of responsibility so I didn't dive in and create my own. (yet)

@singasong99
I won't XD. Or I'll try not to. Sorry for the struggles! (plus, she never really joined)

Thanks for all of the support! (and explanations XD)

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 24 September 2021 at 12:23 PM

@moonlight24
I have definitely noticed that Egg Cave has been getting waaaay less active than it had been back when I first joined in 2015.
I mostly thing it's cause there isn't a ton of things to really do, and then also as time went on, there was alot more incentive/need for buying/using CC. Things didn't really become so much of a 'cc exclusive' because so many where becoming CC creatures in the end. Being this site is mostly aimed at a younger audience, users that were of that younger demographic couldn't buy cc because either their parents wouldn't allow it or the just didn't have the spare cash to.
I think that is there was a easier way to get CC for EC, like a exchange station or something that's site implemented (like what was discussed on this blog posts replys by ian way back in 2010 - "EC can be converted into cash to be used at the cash shop... Egg Cave will ALWAYS BE FREE") it would make much more incentive for people to be active on the site feeding for EC and trading for EC.

I also had some other ideas of things to add to the site as far as QoL updates and just things to do in general. All those are in this topic I made Here.

Female
345 posts

moonlight24 • 24 September 2021 at 12:47 PM

@prairie
I agree with you greatly! It would make EggCave a bit better, in my opinion. I really believe you should get CC occasionally with 7-day or more streaks. That'd make life hella easier. There's an active guide for creatures, but one for items would also be good as well. ^^' sorry for rambling on. XD

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 24 September 2021 at 12:49 PM

@moonlight24
For sure! And yes, a item guide would be so nice. That's one of the things I touched on in my topic.
I feel like there's a huge need for that - especially with the item collection stuff.

Female
345 posts

moonlight24 • 24 September 2021 at 12:51 PM

@prairie
I agree XD
I've spent overly long trying to find the worth of my retired background XD

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 24 September 2021 at 11:44 PM

@moonlight24
LOL I was thinking of like a item archive.
A item price guide would be nice too, though I feel like it would be very hard to keep track of, unless it was just aimed at retired items/cc travels. For the most part, the base value of any retires travel is at least 50cc, since it'll take that much to get the travel passport to revive it. Then its just a matter of how much demand/how many on the market/what others sell at.

Female
345 posts

moonlight24 • 25 September 2021 at 11:51 AM

@prairie
That makes sense ^^"
It would be a pain to make. X)

Female
143 posts

scout • 27 September 2021 at 12:27 AM

@Moonlight24 @Boba
I love this idea!

Some good adds for eggcave would be some adventure mini-games, like in Eliyo or BeastKeeper, because there isn't much to do around here. Maybe a chess mini-game or collect stuff and craft, like Minecraft.
Or maybe obbies. there could be drawing contests, or maybe caching pets in a forest-mini game, but you keep what u catch.
There could be a dress-your-pet contest, or parties like in Animal jam, or there could be a contest where u submit a drawing of a creature and have a chance of getting chosen to add that creature in-game.

(I think i spent tooooo much time typing this up............)