Name one creature that you'd love TEC to rerelease!

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Cisgender Male
306 posts

tryvegan4theanimals • 8 November 2021 at 7:08 PM

I'll start with my favorite creature: the Squearth!

I can't find anyone who wants to trade theirs (I found one that's listed as uft, but I can't get a hold of the owner πŸ˜₯). Pretty please @ian @orderedchaos @Meteoroid @jazzyleia @mastergemma 🀞

Anyway, thanks for coming to my Ted talk. I'd love to hear yours! 😊
-Alex

Female
3,802 posts

sparklefox • 8 November 2021 at 7:38 PM

@tryvegan4theanimals - I'd love to see the Diment and Ignis get re-released, amongst many others.

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 8 November 2021 at 9:03 PM

@sparklefox Yes yes yes
And I know it'll never happen but dangit I want a balrog...

Cisgender Male
306 posts

tryvegan4theanimals • 8 November 2021 at 10:40 PM

@sparklefox Cool, I haven't seen those before. I like em! Especially the Ignis πŸ‘

@izziedragon yeah, I feel you. I didn't know about this site back then! If I did, I would have been here. As a newbie, I feel a bit left out...

Female
1,729 posts

lexicon • 8 November 2021 at 11:16 PM

@tryvegan4theanimals

*checks wishlist* hehe. definitely the diment, that's my #1 too❀️. would love to see the valgrun come back too, it's been a long time favorite and haven't seen any around

84 posts

quinoafuntime • 9 November 2021 at 1:50 AM

Parlock πŸ˜ƒ

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 9 November 2021 at 10:38 AM

@tryvegan4theanimals It hurts sometimes because I was around egg cave pretty early but I was a kid and my family didn't have a lot of money. Now I'm trying to fulfill my childhood dreams as an adult haha

139 posts

viltuvitrast • 9 November 2021 at 12:58 PM

I would nab a Clous in a second if I could. Also Squearth @tryvegan4theanimals πŸ˜‰

Cisgender Male
306 posts

tryvegan4theanimals • 9 November 2021 at 1:10 PM

@izziedragon I feel you. As kids, we tended not to think about what we might want in the future. It's interesting how the majority of people gravitating towards pet sites these days are adults (I'm 27 and loving it πŸ˜„).

But giving people another shot at doing site events would be awesome, and rereleasing decade-old creatures that are unobtainable just makes sense! There may be a very small minority of people that will be annoyed that their creatures go down in value, but I think the vast majority of players will be so happy and grateful 🀞

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 9 November 2021 at 1:15 PM

@tryvegan4theanimals 22 here! My heart skipped a beat when Ian chimed in on our discussion of re-releases last year. I had never dreamed of obtaining all these old pets without trading an absurd amount of cc for them. I will always be grateful for the site staff listening to their fanbase. For the most part, all that matters is having what makes me happy.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 9 November 2021 at 2:08 PM

Atten fellow players: A lot of my additional commentary on whether i'd commit to buy or not is directed in part to the Staff. 😊

@tryvegan4theanimals Hey! I've been meaning to make a thread like this, thank you!
(I was thinking of holding a poll at the beginning of each month and gathering the five most requested from posters the previous month. The poll would run for a week before result would be posted.
- A lot more work than I have the energy to keep up with right now.)

And one, just ONE? There's a long of longer time players ready and willing to throw down a lot of CC if several creatures were ever re-released.

For me it would be the Skrute (And I know a lot of other people really want one too.)
(and if I could pick a 2nd, the Rannin.)
Same story... hard to obtain/no one wants to part with/in UFT/resurrect tabs/lists but months go by and no word from the owner.

The Squearth is definitely on my 'hope to have' someday list. (not sure If I could commit to saying 'yes, I'd buy that as a re-release though.' It's so cute though! OwO )

@sparklefox I think I could commit to pledging buying one Diment upon re-release; and definitely one Ignis, maybe two. ^ _ ^ The Diment is definitely re-release worthy. I seen so many people want one and Bidding/Offer wars over them.

@izziedragon I'm on the fence about committing to a Balrogipuwet re-release purchase, but that definitely is in 'someday trading for' goals.

Hear ya there on the money thing. Been poor my whole life. Things only changed a couple months ago... It's really nice not having to always worry where my next meal's going to come from. ...and be able to occasionally afford trivial stuff. ( A few months ago, even buying a CC travel was almost out of the question for me. - Still so grateful to the person that did a CC/EC exchange.)
(Oof... and my father MADE me get rid of most of my toys when I was a teen. I wanted to keep all of it. Now they're worth a fortune. I seen some of it going for 100's and 1000's of $$$. Some of my stuff was even N.i.B. Not that I'd sell them. ...but it's been heck even trying to get back bits of the happy pieces of my childhood. - So yeah, I can totally relate to the worth of original EC creatures going up, and those childhood dreams seeming unobtainable.)

@lexicon YESH!!!! DEFINTELY YES! "Eggcave take my money!!!" (insert meme here) I haven't seen any around in anyone's coves in a long time, except the face of @metaphor's beautiful cove. (One of my friends had one when I first joined, but she traded it away and I don't know to whom.) I definitely could commit to buying a Valgrun.

@quinoafuntime I'd love to see the Parlock in the VEND machine ^_ ^ (Still unobtainable for me... but not unreasonable either.)

@viltuvitrast The Clous, another cutie! I totally think it should come back! (can't say If i'd commit. One i do really want, but it would most likely be an impulse buy vs a pre-commitment by word. That a 'depends on how the financials are doing.)

Cisgender Male
306 posts

tryvegan4theanimals • 9 November 2021 at 2:27 PM

@snowywinter And one, just ONE? There's a long of longer time players ready and willing to throw down a lot of CC if several creatures were ever re-released.

Agreed, there are many creatures that we'd all like rereleased. I wanted to start off with one each to avoid cluttering the thread too much. But it's all good πŸ˜‰

For me it would be the Skrute (And I know a lot of other people really want one too.)
(and if I could pick a 2nd, the Rannin.)

I've never heard of those two, I like em both! Especially the Rannin.

@viltuvitrast YES Clous! They're definitely in my top 10.

@quinoafuntime I'd love to see the Parlock in the VEND machine ^_ ^ (Still unobtainable for me... but not unreasonable either.)

Oooh Parlocks in the VEND machine would be rad 😱 another one of my top 10s for sure!

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 9 November 2021 at 2:53 PM

@snowywinter I agree! I understand the Balrog was a very important gift to give out to the site as it was just starting and I will never push hard for a rerelease, I just want to have one. Does seem like a hassle to trade for though considering how many sit in the accounts of people who have quit.
@tryvegan4theanimals
And yes! Totally agree on the skrute and rannin ❀

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 9 November 2021 at 3:13 PM

@izziedragon oh! O.O i had no idea on the history (regarding release) of the Balrog. Always something new (or old) to learn around here.

+ @tryvegan4theanimals
Had to wait until I had the funds to do so, but I've been keeping an eye out since I started and not many come up for trade. (Even combing through peoples profiles and looking through Reselectable lists. ...and asking politely.) These two are usually "Out of my cold dead hands"/"not even for my top Dreamie" creatures.

And I'd truly love to have a Rannin in each stage. I have one, but I really want at least two. I'd settle at that for a while because I don't want to be greedy and I know how rare they are. But if they ever came up for re-release I'd complete the set, be that 2 or 3 more.

Kinda the same story for me with the Skrute. (I definitely want at least 3... no apologies. I "fangirl" over them so hard. Like 'screaming at a concert, kiss the poster on the wall every night, buy the branded perfume' type of fan over them.)
I can't say I've given up hope on ever getting to name the ones from the story I made up (never got to writing it down,) but if there's ever a re-release, i might buy more than three. *blush*

downside to sharing what my favorites are... more competition. Bright side though, is hopefully this thread will be noticed by the staff and they get a chance of a re-release. Those creatures with a bigger fan-base will probably have a better chance. (We don't really know the mysterious ways of how they get chosen. Something tells me it's office Yeep races ;P)

Buuuuut.... It totally pays to browse through those Archives. Lots of REALLY cool creatures you won't see in most coves.

p.s. Glad you liked my Parlock / VEND idea ^ -^

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 9 November 2021 at 3:18 PM

@snowywinter Yes it was given for the Mystery of Ghosty event in 2009:
"Thanks for playing!
Congratulations to those who completed the plot! Each player that completed the plot will receive an opportunity to steal their very own Balrogipuwet egg on November 3, 6:00 pm ECT. The Balrogipuwet species will be given only to those who completed this plot; it will never be available again"