Cove expansion suggestion

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
2,138 posts

cranberrycat1 • 4 April 2022 at 7:17 PM

Idk
I agree with most of it but like I also disagree with some parts

- agree I agree that is is hard to get cove spaces because of the number of cove spaces that you already have. Especially when I visited the advent tree and got free cove spaces but the price still increased for the next time I got to buy cove spaces.

- disagree I disagree because people can end up hoarding, cause deflation in ec, make people less likely to feed pets, etc.

Solution - make the prices a steady rate like 100k ec or like 200k ec but not to high like a mill and not to low like 1k ec

- this is just my opinion but I think this would be the ideal solution

Female
2,555 posts

dragrawr • 4 April 2022 at 11:15 PM

I agree with keeping rates. I don’t like how high the prices can get, but maybe every 10 spaces there is a set rate. Say it’s your first time expanding - the next 10 spaces would be 200 ec each. Then the next 10 would be 400 ec each, then the next 10 are 600 each

Or it could be in sets of 5! I think this idea could work rather well. But making the prices too low constantly and too high exponentially is not helpful.

Hope you guys like this idea ! 💕🌸

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 5 April 2022 at 1:17 AM

@ida92
Or at least give us an extra space for each new species that comes out free of charge without raising the next upgrade to what that next one should have been.
All 4 of my accounts are over 1000. I got to the point I'm not on here as much and just don't care as much so I'm just working on downsizing so I don't have to pay it so either way this doesn't totally matter to me as much as it used to would have, but I understand the pain of it and at least with a new spot for every new species would be a little helpful.

Female
2,408 posts

ida92 • 6 April 2022 at 1:43 PM

@cranberrycat1 @dragrawr @immortalraven @tryvegan4theanimals thank you all for your input. I agree that this will affect the sites economy in some way - greater or smaller depending on how and when this is implemented (if ever), but I'm also on the side of people who are losing their will to play this game because constant expanding just consumes way too much EC and time (needed to collect the EC).

@crescentmoons
@kleinprinz
@natherok
@amberwater
@faerienova
@sartre

Female
2,555 posts

dragrawr • 6 April 2022 at 1:58 PM

@immortalraven I really like your idea here. I think every month we get 4 free spaces. I also think that personally my idea could work with that quite well- having sets of spaces being 200 each, then 400, then 600. That would make the cost go WAY down.

I would also like to say I don’t think we should be allowed more side accounts- I don’t know if anyone touched on this, but I think we have enough we just need to be able to pay for the cove spaces. @ida92

Female
1,309 posts

sartre • 6 April 2022 at 3:18 PM

@ida92
I don’t know the price thing how they can make it work to make everyone happy, so maybe games and raffles, I like the idea to get monthly free 4 cove spaces, or monthly raffle to win 1 cove space, or a game that’s played every week to win 1, 2, 3, or 4, cove spaces. @Ian

Non-binary
32 posts

crescentmoons • 6 April 2022 at 3:35 PM

Making cove spaces more attainable would be great; I have seen some folks with a whole bunch of side accounts just for storage. I only have one, because quite frankly I don't have the time and mental capacity to maintain more than that

Female
2,555 posts

dragrawr • 6 April 2022 at 4:43 PM

I like the game idea, perhaps every month the max amount of free coves spaces someone can get is 8 or so. For example we get 4 for free each month on ONE account. Then there could be a raffle each week giving away 1-2 cove spaces without expensive tickets- say you can only buy one ticket for 2k ec, then the raffle is equal and fair. Then perhaps the site trivia can sometimes give you a free cove space, like a random gift kinda like the dragolds den. But it can only give you up to 4 at the maximum each month. The raffle could be so that you can only win once a month, or else that would cause a problem between users.

Thoughts on this. ?

Pings
@tryvegan4theanimals @thedarkarcher

146 posts

aquafaba • 6 April 2022 at 4:49 PM

I like the ideas here, but I don't think enough attention is being paid to how making cove expansions cheaper will deflate the value of EC, which is already incredibly deflated. Without expensive cove expansions, there will be little use for EC among older more seasoned players, which will make trading for rare creatures even more difficult unless you spend money on CC.

I think that any change to cove expansion prices needs to be combined with a method for allowing players to get CC through the site. Otherwise, this site will become even more pay to play.

Female
2,555 posts

dragrawr • 8 April 2022 at 5:56 PM

@aquafaba

Yes this suggestion will not work without the cc terminal. And I totally agree with you. Ec needs to not deflate or this game will become practically unplayable. I think instead of tweaking prices too much we could go for getting cove spaces randomly from site trivia.

How do you feel about every 3 cove spaces being the same price? 200 ec for 3, then the next 3 being 400 each?

Female
2,408 posts

ida92 • 9 April 2022 at 2:52 AM

@dragrawr @sartre @crescentmoons @aquafaba Thank you all for the input. I agree that this may need to be combined with making CC more accessible. I also like @immortalraven 's idea of having 4 Cove spaces given each month. I think that for this to work we should be able to link our side accounts to our main account and have the possibility to decide which of the accounts receives the cove spaces. I personally want to keep only growing and mortal pets on my main and send all the immortals and fully evolved to my storage sides.

@jilltheplatypus
@toebeans
@prairie
@subie

Non-binary
32 posts

crescentmoons • 10 April 2022 at 1:25 AM

I don't want to offend anyone here but like....over the years, any time I've seen a discussion on a website/game where something is clearly broken and needs addressing, there are always some folks ready to talk about how making improvements that involve making a game "easier" or more accessible will break the market or ruin their accounts worth. The economy WILL adjust. You NEED to make improvements when things aren't working, in order to grow the site and keep people here.

I just came back from a 2 year absence I think? I'm still EC broke constantly, even though I have a stupid amount of click exchange credits I'll never run out of at this point. Doing quests will bleed me dry of EC long before I get enough tokens to use, I see lab pets as basically unattainable, and I wholeheartedly believe the only way I'll ever have enough EC to do stuff is to buy and resell CC. I contemplate it often, but I shouldn't feel like that's one of my only options to gain EC in a timely manner. I am a casual player who doesn't want to nor do I have the time to grind constantly.

I like it here, I like collecting pets and I generally like how the mechanics of growing pets and curating pet collections works here...but some things can be improved. That's not a bad thing. I don't want longtime players feeling like their efforts were for nothing, and I don't pretend to have all the answers, but... I'd love for people to keep an open mind is all.

Female
2,408 posts

ida92 • 10 April 2022 at 2:31 AM

@crescentmoons Thank you for the input. I agree a lot with what you said. Even though I can only afford to buy CC once a year, I still find getting 5000CC WAY easier that getting 50 mil EC. It should NOT be that way. I have never had 50 mil EC in my life. This is something weird, as it actually makes EC the premium currency. Even though it is more widely avaialable.. Constant feeding is just impossible for many adult players like me, busy with life, work, university and so on.

@ian