The Donation Center

in General

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 3 September 2022 at 4:02 PM

Sort of like 'The Thief Shop' thread, post your successful finds here.

But ONLY for system generated items. (Not ones donated by other players.)

- - - - -

Has anyone even seen system generated items?

Here's the blog post that mentions what I'm talking about.

Demifluid
1,497 posts

wonder404exe • 3 September 2022 at 4:19 PM

@snowywinter good gracious. now i have to camp another thing

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 3 September 2022 at 4:27 PM

@wonder404exe

I've been looking since it was announced and have not seen one come up once.
I keep wondering if it's another thing they forgot to flip the switch on (like the butterfly wings)... but figure other vultures are just faster than me >.< lol - Still in conversations in PMs no one else I've talked to has seen them either.

Thought of making a separate Help or Bug thread to figure it out... but been meaning to make this one from the beginning.

@Orderedchaos
@Ian
Can anyone confirm this* IS working? (*random Donation Center drops)

- - - -
10 Sep 3:21 PM
Still haven't heard from anyone (I mean, they have had a LOT going on), so I sent a ticket.

Demifluid
1,497 posts

wonder404exe • 3 September 2022 at 4:43 PM

@snowywinter I have seen mass donations not that- or maybe... i did... just check with the mods xd

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 27 September 2022 at 10:34 PM

It is confirmed, (by Ian) The Donation Center IS restocking with system generated items ^^

just no one is sharing what their spoils are from looting it. : P
Darn it fellow vultures, I'm curious! < 3

341 posts

strawberry876272 • 29 September 2022 at 11:09 PM

You take this item for yourself from the Donations Center! Lime Jelly Beans has been added to your Inventory.

Perhaps you would like to thank eggcaveteam for their generosity?

Close this box to continue browsing or click your item above to view it in your Inventory.

---
@snowywinter I just got this from donations (?)

Demifluid
1,497 posts

wonder404exe • 29 September 2022 at 11:10 PM

Dannnng should have checked……

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 29 September 2022 at 11:15 PM

@strawberry876272 Noice!!!!
Thank you for sharing ! ^^
Woot! First FOUND post!

@wonder404exe I had just checked about 5 minutes before strawberry, so it's all about timing! lol.

Female
584 posts

xxcouchxx • 12 October 2022 at 8:23 AM

@snowywinter

I just got a Treehouse with Easter Eggs travel 😊

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 12 October 2022 at 11:06 AM

@xxcouchxx YaYayayAaaa! That one seems so whimsical ^^

Female
584 posts

xxcouchxx • 12 October 2022 at 11:22 AM

@snowywinter

Ikr! I had never gotten anything from Eggcave team before. So it seems like there are some good items.

Female
760 posts

okami • 19 October 2022 at 1:36 AM

You take this item for yourself from the Donations Center! Strawberry Sandwich Cookie has been added to your Inventory.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 19 October 2022 at 6:10 AM

@bluewolf

Woot! delicious!

I love seeing all these items I wouldn't think to look up in the database 😃 Fun!

Demifluid
1,497 posts

wonder404exe • 28 October 2022 at 5:03 PM

@snowywinter

Got Item
You take this item for yourself from the Donations Center! Assorted Gummy Gems has been added to your Inventory.
Close this box to continue browsing or click your item above to view it in your Inventory.

got one x'D

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 28 October 2022 at 5:29 PM

@wonder404exe ooh, nice. One of my favorites to get in July! (I think it's the Asteroid thingy that we get those from. And if we're going to get Gummy Gems, it might as well be Assorted ; ) )

719 posts

nut • 29 October 2022 at 11:54 AM

had no idea this was a thing, haha, I've literally NEVER seen a single item in the donations center aside from when I donate something x)

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 29 October 2022 at 12:04 PM

@nut I've seen things in there donated by other players (and have snagged a few items from time to time if it was something I really wanted,) but have yet to see this mythical site generated donation.
(And have donated from time to time myself.)

Well, Now you know ^^ < 3

Demifluid
1,497 posts

wonder404exe • 30 October 2022 at 10:28 AM

@snowywinter
Got Item

You take this item for yourself from the Donations Center! Jalepeno Jelly Beans has been added to your Inventory.

Close

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 1 November 2022 at 4:16 PM

@wonder404exe Woot! So cool you got the spicy flavor : P

Boy, the Donation Center really likes its Jelly Beans! lol

There I am, zoning out, starting to randomly click links (it's really time I give Gobbler Hunting a rest for a bit, ) when I stumbled upon a Gobbler, not even realizing what page I'm on. 'Woot! Gobbler!' *almost close page* 'wait a minute, what's that?' 'Lemon Jelly Beans' *squinting* 'Wait, what page am I on?!' O.O The Donation Center?! *squints again* Eggcave Team?! *CLICK!!!!* *YOINK!*

"You take this item for yourself from the Donations Center! Lemon Jelly Beans has been added to your Inventory.
Perhaps you would like to thank eggcaveteam for their generosity?"

But wow... I wasn't even trying (unlike earlier when I went there intentionally.) I was *reallly* zoned out when I clicked on it this time.

Female
584 posts

xxcouchxx • 23 November 2022 at 7:22 PM

You take this item for yourself from the Donations Center! Clam Chowder Soup has been added to your Inventory.

Mmmmmmmm.. and dang. Didn't even give Guafe a feed stat XP

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 23 November 2022 at 11:08 PM

@xxcouchxx Hey, you got something other than jelly beans! : D
Sorry it didn't even give a feed stat. That feels like a rip-off since it was a retired item. : / Coulda sold that and bought a bunch of food items. Well, at least Guafe got to try something new ^^

Female
584 posts

xxcouchxx • 24 November 2022 at 10:41 AM

@snowywinter

I thought about selling it, but my shop has only travels and I thought it might look weird in there XD figured I'd take my chances.

Demifluid
1,497 posts

wonder404exe • 16 December 2022 at 5:04 PM

@snowywinter
"Got Item

You take this item for yourself from the Donations Center! Box of Stars has been added to your Inventory.

Close this box to continue browsing or click your item above to view it in your Inventory."

I have been gifted STARS! so I've reached the stars...?

Female
1,491 posts

froot • 25 December 2022 at 9:00 AM

You take this item for yourself from the Donations Center! Whoon Sticker has been added to your Inventory.

Female
2,906 posts

heatherm19 • 21 January 2023 at 12:27 AM

You take this item for yourself from the Donations Center! Clouds With Hanging Hearts has been added to your Inventory.

(I can't believe I *finally* saw a system-generated item in the Donation Center!! *And* it's an awesome travel!)

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 29 January 2023 at 4:14 PM

4:08 PM
'You take this item for yourself from the Donations Center! Butterscotch Blondies has been added to your Inventory.
Perhaps you would like to thank eggcaveteam for their generosity?'

(r57)

@wonder404exe Oh cool! I love the boxes of items and I didn't know that existed. Love it!

@shadowfaxe Woot! Yay for Stickers!
(Just wish we at least had a separate topic aside from Toy Shop on our creatures for Stickers.)

@heatherm19 Yay! Congrats on getting a travel! I looked it up the other week and discovered another beautiful travel in the results with it (I forget which one) ^^

Thank you all for sharing your finds!
Even if I don't comment when you post, I love seeing what you all snag ^^

Female
5 posts

nausiqua • 2 February 2023 at 5:33 PM

hello, i have discovered this option today ^^ it's fun

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 2 February 2023 at 10:20 PM

@nausiqua wow, among the deluge of user donated items I'm surprised anyone was able to pick a team donated item out of the haystack! lol ^^ I'm glad you were able to though!

care to share what retired item you were lucky enough to pick up?

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 2 February 2023 at 11:29 PM

I didn’t even know there were system generated items in the donations center! Honestly, today was the first time I’d found ANYTHING (and it was all user donated)…not that I check that often.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 2 February 2023 at 11:47 PM

@musicgurl333

Yeah, donations have either been slower or people camp out a lit more since the addition of system generated items.
I used to be able to pick up a couple items each month (and gift a few things, but I haven't been as active on site lately aside from feeding and collecting at the Cave.) There used to be a huge club of active players that donated daily (had their own forum thread and everything.)

I have a creed that I live by here. You take something, you put something in.
(if i didn't have the energy to go shopping or looking through my inventory, and add the exchange to my records, simply didn't take anything.)

The timer between taking items helped a little but with the addition of retired items guaranteed, a lot of people really do keep this up more often and keep refreshing the page.

Hopefully the daily challenge sticks around. I think having a active Donation Center is fun ^^
(Another game I'm on has quite the active one... as far as i know there's no real incentive other than an achievement badge... except at certain times of the year.) It's fun getting random items and making people's day. Never know when that "junk" just may be someone else's needed quest item : D (Or something they wanted to add to their pet's collection.)