My First Creature Suggestion: Chipmint πŸΏοΈπŸƒ

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 30 November 2022 at 10:05 PM

Introducing the Chipmint πŸΏοΈπŸƒ
The Chipmint is a mint chocolate chip chipmunk! Mint ice cream body, brown fudge swirl stripes, and chocolate chip spots and speckles. As the Chipmint evolves, their fudge swirls get darker and their chocolate chips get more plentiful.

Artwork of the Chipmint πŸΏοΈπŸƒ
https://ibb.co/0qMR2sH
I used micron pens and watercolors.

About Chipmint Eggs πŸΏοΈπŸƒ
Chipmint eggs have a cool and refreshing scent. They are best kept in the freezer, as the chilly temperature is what will help them hatch. Once your egg starts cracking open, take it for a stroll in the forest to coax the baby Chipmint out.

About the Chipmint Creature πŸΏοΈπŸƒ
Chipmints are speedy little rodents that, unlike their relatives, thrive on mint leaves. They especially adore the treat of mint chocolate chip ice cream! Chipmints will attempt to store ice cream in their cheeks, hoping to hide it away for later, but always end up swallowing the melted minty mess.

Chipmint Details πŸΏοΈπŸƒ
Weight: 0.13 kg
Height: 0.25 m
Gender Profile: Standard
Habitat: Forest
Obtained From: Cash Shop Park

Chipmint Evolution πŸΏοΈπŸƒ
Baby: 222 Feeds
Teen: 353 Feeds
Adult: 910 Feeds

Chipmint Name Origin πŸΏοΈπŸƒ
Chipmint is a play on chipmunk and mint chip. If this creature is chosen, please don't change the name. Thank you! :-)

Notes πŸΏοΈπŸƒ
❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗
Important: If this is chosen, I'd really adore and prefer for it to be drawn by the same artist that drew the Smitten, Revelca, Pixices, Floralope, Naleli... those styles! I feel that style's details and shading would look wonderful for the Chipmint.
❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗
If possible, I'd love to change stage 2's tail to wrap up and around against the hind leg, in a curled / C shape, instead of how my drawing is (straight out). Kinda like how cats sometimes have their tails when they're sitting.
It's okay to switch the order of stage 3 and 4 or keep them as is.
It's okay as a CSP or Cave creature.

🍦Thank you for checking out my lil Chipmint!

@snowywinter
@heatherm19
@redflipflap
@twinkle
@moonflower

#creaturesuggestion

Female
1,318 posts

twinkle • 30 November 2022 at 10:21 PM

@daisycat that is one of the cutest things I've ever seen in the suggestions 😭
I know it's too late but would love to have it mid-December ;u;
And WOW your art is soooo good!! πŸ‘πŸ‘
Looking forward to buy/adopt this! I'd buy 4 just to get all stages lol
@ian @prairie @shirothekittehlover @wonder404exe

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 30 November 2022 at 10:21 PM

@daisycat

okay... i was totally imaging a peppermint (red & white striped creature) in our conversation, but OMG *laying down my virtual CC for this RIGHT NOW!*
mint-chocolate chip ice cream was the only textured ice cream I'd eat as a kid, and it remained one of my favorites for many years.

@toebeans pinging you just because this is so cute and I think you should see it ^^ ❀️

cont ...
daisycat OMG your artwork is AMAZING! I wish you could be a professional artist here/contractor! ❀️ (not saying this just to be nice or anything, it is really good!)

Okay... was too excited... now to go read the description...
Okay, I so want one of these as a *real* pet... but I'd know better... I'd constantly be drooling. LOL. o.O... instead of toad licking... would chipmunk licking become a thing? ...eww. LOL.

(An yesh... I repeat words when I get too excited. oops. blush.)

P.S. ALLLL of those stages are ABSOLUTELY perfect! Eggcave official do NOT change a thing about it! PLEASE.
(might transpose the final two stages. but I'd definitely have to have one in the current last. ^^)

(OMG I want one of these so much I'm almost crying. I'm like really emotional over here.)

Demifluid
1,500 posts

wonder404exe • 30 November 2022 at 10:30 PM

@daisycat OMG!?!?!? THAT HATCHED STAGE!?!!?
As you know ima jokester:
Oml im gonna shove this guy in my bathroom as it gives a refreshing scent lmao saves the bathroom smell horrors
Can i eat it actually no i dont like mints- xD

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 30 November 2022 at 10:32 PM

@twinkle
Thank you so much!! ❀️ It would be a cute December creature for sure, but alas, too late. If it was red and white peppermint that'd be even more appropriate, though. c:

@snowywinter
Lolol thank you for your comments! I typed something in the original post that I then deleted, but now wish I kept it lol cuz I knew someone would say it -- so I was originally thinking that the final stage would have the ice cream in its mouth, like that's the end goal, to stuff your face with ice cream... but then I thought, well, it eats the ice cream to grow and evolve. So then I switched them. I was gonna say that along with, if desired, they can be switched if the creature was lucky enough to be implemented. Also, I looked at the Now Hiring on here around when I joined and was considering it, but never applied. xP

@wonder404exe
Bathroom smell HORRORS. XD You can huff the chippy like I do my irl cat LOL (she smells sooo gooood!?!?!), but idk about eating it. XD Maybe lick it like snowywinter suggested, and the Chipmint will just think you're grooming it a la cat.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 30 November 2022 at 10:44 PM

@wonder404exe LMBO ! omg. noice.
(So long as being in the bathroom wouldn't hurt it, like keeping birds in a kitchen does.) I was thinking they'd actually be nice to have around a kitchen to get rid of those cooking odors.

Lick the 'munk, lick the munk, liiiiick the 'munk. dooo it. *snicker* (I'm so going to get known as the 'munk licker around here. : - P ...regardless of not having actually done it. )

@daisycat Ah, that makes sense about the stages. (for some reason it didn't click even though i read that bit.)
(You know people hardly ever read the descriptions around here *smh* "Oooh, pretty creature!" I've referenced things straight from the profiles and it goes right over people's heads. ...Though to be fair,... there are a LOT of creatures here; can't remember all the info. I'm just as guilty of not getting a reference someone alludes to.)

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 30 November 2022 at 10:53 PM

@snowywinter
Definitely a lot of creatures here, a lot of suggestions... lots to take in. But yeah you definitely have to change your username to munklicker now LOL. I'll donate the CC for you to do it... --is totally not forcing you to do anything-- jkjk. XD

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 30 November 2022 at 11:00 PM

@daisycat *snicker* If I didn't like the names of my sides so much it would be tempting to change one of them to it. : P
(and yes, the profile creature would HAVE to be a Chipmint ^^ )

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 30 November 2022 at 11:18 PM

@snowywinter
Lol good to know that the munklicker mascot would be a Chipmint. 😸

I have another creature suggestion (well, several) that I was working on before the Chipmint. But I want it to be perfect and I'm being fussy about it. I started the drawings a while ago. And yet, I thought of and made the Chipmint all in one day lol why am I like this. I was thinking this other one would be my first suggestion and I just want it to be done already. xP

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 30 November 2022 at 11:23 PM

@daisycat sometimes ideas just spring on us like that. (Happens with me with my writing - when my brain is being functional instead of derp. *brain totally makes up a meme about it with the Hyenas from The Lion King* Smart brain focused on a task, Ambitious brain that springs in with an idea, and Derp brain that has no ideas.)

Female
2,911 posts

heatherm19 • 30 November 2022 at 11:38 PM

@daisycat This is absolutely AWESOME!! So glad you actually made a suggestion for it. And that artwork! Man, that's beautiful artwork. Would LOVE to see this adorable babe on Eggcave!

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 1 December 2022 at 12:07 AM

I came back on here and POOF it's like waking up on Christmas morning, a winter wonderland...

@snowywinter
Oh I feel you on that hyena meme. x)

@heatherm19
Thank you sooo much!! ❀️

Female
730 posts

lothar • 1 December 2022 at 12:24 AM

@daisycat
It's a very nice idea! This cute chipmunk reminds me of a sweet time that I can have mint ice cream with chocolate chip. It's a little cold so I just bought a cup of hot chocolate,and I see this little cute creature. I'm considering if I should put mint in my hot chocolate lol
Hope to see it on this website!

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 1 December 2022 at 12:30 AM

@lothar I usually don't crave ice cream until it's cold outside. lol. (used to be fun going to the gas station - they had rotating 20 flavors hand-dipped- as the snow was coming down in stinging blows, and getting strange looks as I walked out enjoying it.)
mint in hot cocoa is soooo good!

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 1 December 2022 at 12:46 AM

@lothar
Thank you so much! 😊 I looove hot chocolate. Mint / peppermint hot chocolate is really good, too! Or a mint mocha ooooh.

@snowywinter
I'm with you on that! I want ice cream 24/7 though lol but I know what you mean with people being like uhhhhh iddn't it too cold fer ice cream. O_o The rotating hand-dipped sounds amazing!! I want to get gas there. XD Do you have a #1 favorite flavor? Mine is coffee. 😩

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 1 December 2022 at 12:58 AM

@daisycat
Vanilla (but it has to be quality vanilla. Real vanilla, not gritty, high fat percentage, and not loaded with a bunch of sugar and air.) (I like Breyer's; but home churned, fresh, minimal ingredient, made with solar power at an eco-fair was the BEST I ever had.)
plain Chocolate grew on me.
Mint Chocolate Chip. (don't know how to explain my favorite here, but so long as it isn't a peppermint variety.)
Cookies n Cream (has to have the Oreo like bits.)
Ginger (omg... a local organic dairy had such amazing flavors, including pumpkin pie, but that's one i miss soo much.)
And Oh SO Delicious used to have Banana Split (dairy-free) sandwiches that were absolutely amazing!

It's hard for me to pick just one as my favorite. lol.

Honorable mention: T-Rex bars from 7-11 in the 1990's. Total sugar trash, but so addicting. (All I remember is they had chocolate fudge goo, and some sort of lava or blood goo that was runny even when frozen. Yum! - Think the main part was chocolate covered vanilla. Think like a Klondike Bar but in T-Rex shape.)

Edit: Can't believe i forgot to mention.. Coffee was one of my favorites too! Kroger used to have an amazing 3 flavor one! (Like a pint of Neopolotin, but with coffee types. Espresso, cappuccino, mocha possibly?)

Edit #2
Another honorable mention... way out of character for my flavor preferences but the discontinued Meijer cotton candy confetti ice cream pink monstrosity. YUM! (didn't care for the bits in it but the ice cream flavor was so good it was worth eating around those.) (Shouldn't be a surprise though... ages ago when it tasted good i also liked Baskin Robbins' Bubble gum.)

And then there's Teneesee Toffee Crunch that is no longer made. I'm not a toffee fan, but the salty swirls meeting the chocolate ripples, was pure bliss. (Americone Dream isn't a bad substitute, but it's just okay comparatively.)

And *if* I knew the brand I'd highly recommend Whitehouse (cherry vanilla) to fruit lovers. It was one of the cleanest, crispest, refreshing varieties we've ever had. It wasn't cloyingly sweet. Others we've tried since tasted artificial.

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 1 December 2022 at 1:11 AM

@snowywinter
Nice choices. 😊 Ginger ice cream sounds heavenly! I should try making that. *_* I love ice cream sandwiches too. The T-Rex runny goo you're talking about -- I recall that substance in popsicles growing up, marketed as like "bug goo" or "slime" or something similar. I can taste it now. MAN those were good. XD

The triple coffee flavor one sounds amazing. 😱 HÀagen-Dazs wins for plain coffee for me. It's nice and simple and not fluffed up. Oatly has a good coffee one too but I do "have" to add instant coffee granules to it to kick it up a notch for me. ^__^'

Edit: Omg you were talking about the cotton candy ice cream, and it made me think of another, then you said it! I remember being on vacation with my family as a kid, and we got ice cream, and I chose bubble gum. I guess I didn't realize (nor did anyone else) that there were actual pieces of bubble gum in it!!! O__O I vividly remember walking on the downtown streets to a garbage can and we were all hanging around there LOL while I'd eat a bite and swish around the bubble gum pieces like cherry pits and then spit them into the trash lol!! I think my mom said just eat them it's fine to eat a few lol, and I was like well it just feels weird!! You KNOW it's gum, not a candy or chocolate, so it's just peculiar to be purposely chewing then swallowing it. XD Oh I love toffee and fruit so those both sound good. But yeah not too keen on the cloyingly sweet.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 1 December 2022 at 1:45 AM

@daisycat lol... same about feeling weird eating the bubble gum pieces since we're always told not to. ...but that's how i discovered that it's actually okay to eat bubblegum *shrug emoji* (I didn't pick them out after the first time. I think the first time I only had two.) (At any rate, I think those were just technically chewy candy pieces. If you saved them and chewed them after, they weren't quite as stretchy as real bubblegum. At least way back when. Who knows what they're using now. last time I bought some it was so disgusting I just threw it out. I haven't eaten there since. - Not when we have an apple orchard with nearly 90 flavors. not even exaggerating. Granted only about 10 - 15 of them are homemade at any given time, but still. And they only have that wide selection in summer - which is understandable.
Can't wait until I get my final teeth removed so that I can try their naturally no-sugar added varieties! They just added them to their selection in the past couple years and I've been wanting to try them so much! The apple pie flavor will still probably do me in, but oh well. APPPLE PIE - ice cream!)

Female
387 posts

cryogenics • 1 December 2022 at 3:20 AM

@daisycat - in the 3rd stage the creature has eaten the icecream, and in 4th stage, the icecream is back.

your description says they attempt to store the icecream in their cheeks, but end up swallowing it anyways.

care to explain?

Female
391 posts

redflipflap • 1 December 2022 at 7:45 AM

Oh my god I LOVE this. And that’s saying something bc I actually have a hatred for mint chocolate chip… πŸ‘€ ANYWAYS! No, this is adorable and we need more ice cream creatures. Excellent job, friend!

Female
1,492 posts

froot • 1 December 2022 at 7:53 AM

@daisycat i absolutely adore this. as a lover of mint chocolate chip (literally the best flavour of ice cream in teh world, no one can convince me otherwise), i approve of this creature suggestion and i hope this gets picked!! ❀️

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 1 December 2022 at 10:50 AM

@snowywinter
Whoa 90 flavors. 😱 Sometimes too many choices makes it even more difficult lol. Apple pie ice cream sounds delightful.

@cryogenics
Thank you for the comment! The ice cream isn't "back" in the final stage, the creature just gets another one, since it's something they really relish. Eating ice cream makes them quite happy and helps them to grow bigger and evolve. Correct, they attempt to store ice cream in their cheeks, but end up swallowing it -- because it melts in their warm mouth. :} They love it so they would like to keep it for later and stock up on it, but they fail to realize that trying to transport it in their cheeks will cause it to melt and either dribble out of their mouth or down their throat, resulting in swallowing it. All that being said, I have no issue with the last two stages being switched if that's what everyone would prefer. 😊

@redflipflap @shadowfaxe
Yay thank you for your input!! ❀️

Female
2,695 posts

jlya • 1 December 2022 at 2:49 PM

@daisycat
It's sooo cute and your art is so crisp and beautiful! ❀️ I 100% love the concept, the egg stage is adorable and I'm all for another squirrel-chipmunk creature!

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 1 December 2022 at 3:13 PM

@jlya
Thank you so much!! I really appreciate your kind words! ❀️

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 2 December 2022 at 3:58 PM

this is ADORABLE! mint chocolate chip is my favorite ice cream flavor and i also love chipmunks so this is just a perfect combination for me ❀️ the art is so adorable too! i love the last stage, and the second stage is so cute with the chocolate chip on its head 😊 really cute!

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 2 December 2022 at 4:58 PM

@pwuffy
Thank you, I appreciate that!! ❀️
"the second stage is so cute with the chocolate chip on its head " Lolol I'm so glad you like the little choc chip hat. XD :')

Deleted • 3 December 2022 at 3:58 PM

@daisycat omg how cute i want one

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 3 December 2022 at 4:57 PM

@lululoo
Thank you so much!!

Deleted • 3 December 2022 at 7:05 PM

@daisycat I hope the site will make it

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 5 December 2022 at 3:42 PM

Just putting it out there... (final site official artwork depending) *if* this is chosen, but not as a CSP creature, I'd pay 500 CC to buy the 2nd in existence of these. (sure someone would pay more... but that's my offer.)

I keep looking for new posts on this thread each day hoping to read more fan comments on it. *blush* I'm just so in love with it. *crazy fan scream-wail of anticipation, appreciation, and agony of waiting/uncertainty* (that sound teens make 20 minutes before their favorite boy band is due on stage at a concert)