(raven?)Creature Suggestion:Goldmaven

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
730 posts

lothar • 6 December 2022 at 4:09 AM

Yes I want to make a raven wear a gold mask. So I draw this
I'm terrible at naming, just gold mask + raven
Thank dragrawr for this nice description!

Art: (by myself)

https://ibb.co/K6q3Wyz

Egg Description: (written by @dragrawr)

The gold mask twinkling in the light inside this nearly transparent egg catches your eye as you approach it. Its edges too are made of gold, containing inside swirls of magic energy. When searching for rare treasures, one may come upon this egg, and if you take good care of it- it may reward you in the future.

Creature Description: (written by @dragrawr)

The golden core concentrates magic and forms its bird-like body. The creature itself is cold to the touch, but its magic essence does not allow you to actually touch the creature itself, your hands slip right through! Goldmavens are astonishingly loyal creatures and typically use their owner's home as their personal hoard to concentrate their found jewels. These intelligent creatures are on the constant hunt for everything sparkly, shiny, and bright, since those items pique their curiosity.

The gold mask is authentic gold, but its size can be manipulated to fit Goldmaven's morphology. Goldmavens have the ability shape gold or other metal with a special magic that dwells within them. Sometimes, when collecting relics and other assorted glimmering items, the items will be broken or cracked. Goldmavens take it upon themselves to use their magic to reshape and fix the broken items to their each individual style. Adult Goldmavens are clever enough to use string, coin, gemstones, and other dazzling pieces in their collection to decorate its mask to its own liking. Each Goldmaven has different tastes as well as styles, thus resulting in a variety of adorned, specifically shaped masks, all breathtakingly beautiful.

#creaturesuggestion

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 6 December 2022 at 10:23 AM

@lothar
What a cool birdy! The baby and teen are so precious, and the adult looks powerful and magnificent. 😱 I love the shiny-glowy look of everything. The coins are an especially nice touch. Hungry lil baby. :,)

Maven means "expert" so I think that's really cool that there are kind of three meanings to the name! The Goldmaven is an expert with magic, obtaining shiny things for your home, and adorning you with gold and jewels. 😊

Female
730 posts

lothar • 6 December 2022 at 11:04 AM

@daisycat
Oh the name is such a wonderful coincidence! It suits this little bird! Thank you for reminding me about it XD
If you're a friend, Goldmaven will be glad to make you and your home shiny ✨
Thank you for your comment β™‘

Female
2,525 posts

dragrawr • 6 December 2022 at 8:29 PM

@lothar this is such an interesting design and i ADORE your style !! I’m usually not a fan of birds but I love corvids so this is such a wonderful creature. It’s really unique and I genuinely hope this becomes a monthly I can snag

Maybe you could expand on the description, I’d love to hear more about this πŸ˜­πŸ’•

Deleted • 6 December 2022 at 8:30 PM

@lothar wow its beautiful

Female
730 posts

lothar • 7 December 2022 at 12:35 AM

@dragrawr
English is not my first language, so I can only write some fragments. But I'll try to write more about Goldmaven, such as the golden core concentrates magic and forms its body. It may have a cold feel when you touch it. Like cold sand? You can feel it, touch it, hold it, but it can slip through your fingers. The gold mask is real, but its size can be changed to fit Goldmaven. The adult is clever enough to use string, coin, gem and other shining stuff in their collection to decorate its mask. It may be a way to show Goldmaven's ability. ( that's one of the reasons why it is keen on dressing up you XD )
Thank you for your commentβ™‘

@lululoo
Thank you!!!

Female
2,525 posts

dragrawr • 7 December 2022 at 12:42 AM

@lothar I could help if you would like! I love this creature honestly

Female
730 posts

lothar • 7 December 2022 at 12:46 AM

@dragrawr
That would be great!
It's very kind of you! Thank you so much πŸ’•

Female
2,525 posts

dragrawr • 7 December 2022 at 12:51 AM

@lothar no problem! You can dm me the details and I'll write something up :]

Female
730 posts

lothar • 8 December 2022 at 1:44 AM

Edit the topic and add description by dragrawr!

Some pings: (Sorry if it bothers you)
@moonflower
@heatherm19
@shirothekittehlover
@ian
@prairie

Female
2,888 posts

heatherm19 • 8 December 2022 at 1:49 AM

Looks kinda spooky, reminds me of those old-timey pictures of 'plague masks'. But that baby is adorable and needs to be cuddled! I really like the description too.

Female
2,525 posts

dragrawr • 8 December 2022 at 2:22 AM

@lothar thanks for adding me ! Pleasure working with you : 0 πŸ’•πŸ’•

And thanks @heartherm19 !!

Female
912 posts

shirothekittehlover • 8 December 2022 at 3:09 AM

@lothar
@dragrawr
Wow! :0
You guys did great with this creature, it looks very majestic and I love the entire lore of it!
Would like to get one once this becomes a real creature : D

Pings:
@snowywinter
@moonflower
@prairie
@Ian

Female
2,525 posts

dragrawr • 8 December 2022 at 3:47 AM

@shirothekittehlover I’m glad ! Lothar made most of it, I just helped a bit with tweaking the desc πŸ’•

Female
123 posts

moonflower • 8 December 2022 at 8:39 AM

I got a lot of pings lmao

I love this though! πŸ˜ƒ

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 8 December 2022 at 10:52 AM

@lothar
Oh man I adore this design!!! ❀️
The Goldmaven might make a pretty cool March/Dragold den creature perhaps?? With the coin/gold elements.
Fingers crossed to see it in the future someday!!

@ian
@poe
@pipkitten
@chapus

Female
2,525 posts

dragrawr • 8 December 2022 at 3:16 PM

@prairie I was also thinking Dragold's den! It's a wonderful design

Female
11 posts

music4life • 8 December 2022 at 5:03 PM

I love this creature, I think it would also make a good Halloween creature too as well as the dragolds den @lothar @dragrawr

Female
2,525 posts

dragrawr • 8 December 2022 at 5:54 PM

@music4life I agree !

Female
730 posts

lothar • 8 December 2022 at 11:41 PM

@prairie @music4life
Good idea! I think so too!
TyπŸ’•

Edit: I want to revive this suggestion > <

Female
2,525 posts

dragrawr • 27 October 2023 at 7:21 PM

@lothar reviving this topic since who knows when it would fit in to a random theme month >< ! ❀️

178 posts

noman15 • 28 October 2023 at 9:38 PM

I know it's supposed to be more ceremonial and mystic, but the mask on the raven just makes me think plague doctor.

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 28 October 2023 at 10:00 PM

@lothar I love this!! especially the first stage, its sooo cute. would definitely have to cop one from the csp if it's released 😸 ❀️

Gender Nonconforming
214 posts

dibabeebees • 29 October 2023 at 1:34 AM

I absolutely adore this!!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 10 March 2024 at 1:06 AM

Still HEAVILY adore this.

Female
893 posts

murfijs • 10 March 2024 at 3:14 AM

@lothar very cool creature.
would love to see it made

Agender
90 posts

silvia • 10 March 2024 at 5:24 AM

Ah, this is so majestic (crows are also a soft spot there). I really love how it feels like he's made of shadowy fire. ✨

317 posts

chihiro_sang • 10 March 2024 at 12:32 PM

There have been a few plague doctor or other masked creatures that would pair really well this this creature.

178 posts

noman15 • 11 March 2024 at 11:16 AM

Glad to see this one again, hope it gets made.

Female
2,525 posts

dragrawr • 11 March 2024 at 12:32 PM

So glad it’s getting attention again. One of my favorite suggestions (art wise) πŸ˜«πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€