🪶Flinyx: Summer Creature Suggestion 🌅

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Do you want Flinyxes to be an actual creature?

Female
123 posts

moonflower • 7 December 2022 at 1:01 PM

🌅Introducing the Flinyx!🌅
Flinyx is a Summer Creature I made, and it's inspired by a Phoenix. I realised there weren't a lot of Phoenix-type Creatures on EggCave, so I decided to create one! And since the name reminds people of a lynx, @lothar decided to create a drawing combining both animals! ^^
It has blazing feathers and bright yellow eyes that can spot prey from thousands of metres above the ground. Every Summer, Flinyxes come to Ark to lay their eggs and fly back to their homeland, making it extremely hard to see an adult Flinyx in person.
A feather from a Flinyx can be used for a lamp or even a weapon, because of the hot, blazing flames that engulf it. But if the flames of a Flinyx feather are put out, the feather would no longer look beautiful and bright. Instead, it would look grey and dim.
Flinyxes are also resistant to water, even though they are completely made out of flames. They live in small groups, and glow bright blue when it is unleashing it's true power.

Art! 😙 https://ibb.co/FndrCb2
Another art by @lothar https://ibb.co/9r91kC3

🌅About Flinyx Eggs🌅

Whoa, better not touch this egg! It's almost as hot as molten metal! It can only hatch in direct sunlight, so you might want to leave it outside during the day, and use a sunlight lamp for when it gets dark out.

🌅About the Flinyx Creature🌅

When baby Flinyxes hatch, they need to eat their eggshell. Flinyx eggshells have a lot of protein in them, so although they're blazing hot, it's also very healthy!
When hot Summer arrives, Flinyxes fly to Ark in groups of 1-3 to lay their eggs. That makes it extremely hard to see an adult Flinyx in person.
A feather from a Flinyx can be used for a lamp or even a weapon, because of the hot, blazing flames that engulf it. But if the flames of a Flinyx feather are put out, the feather would no longer look beautiful and bright. Instead, it would look grey and dim.
The lava-filled chest plate is NOT to be removed from a Flinyx. It will not be able to keep its temperature like the way it's supposed to be and will die.
Flinyxes live in small groups of 3-7. The leader of each group glows brighter and hotter than the rest.
If a Flinyx starts to glow blue, it is unleashing its true power. Either you're in danger, or your enemy is.

🌅Other Information🌅

Weight: 1814.37 kg
Height: 12 m
Obtained From: Cave or Event/Plot
Gender Profile: Standard
Habitat: The Volcano

🌅Pings!🌅
@daisycat
@prairie
@shirothekittehlover
@dragrawr
@lothar
@heatherm19
@orderedchaos
@ian
@sparklefox

#creaturesuggestion

Female
1,301 posts

daisycat • 7 December 2022 at 1:22 PM

@moonflower
Oh I need one of the fiery babies to keep my cove toasty! 😊
I like how the feathers can be used as light, or a weapon, or maybe handwarmers in your pockets lol. Add some corn kernels in there and make pocket popcorn.
Very nice idea! Though, I will say that the name made me think of a lynx / cat.

Female
123 posts

moonflower • 7 December 2022 at 2:08 PM

@daisycat 👀 It did kind of inspire me from a lynx! But its mostly a phoenix so 😋

And thanks lol xD

MORe PINGS

@heatherm19
@lululoo
@snowywinter
@yts

Female
2,550 posts

dragrawr • 7 December 2022 at 2:58 PM

YAYYY so cute 💕💕 @moonflower

Female
123 posts

moonflower • 7 December 2022 at 3:25 PM

@dragrawr xD I don't think I'd describe the Flinyx as cute (Unless you're talking about the baby stage lol) xDDD

Female
923 posts

shirothekittehlover • 7 December 2022 at 5:02 PM

@moonflower
Whoa! :0
This one looks very fierce and powerful, and I like how the feathers can be used for many things : D
I hope this becomes a real creature one day! ^^

Pings:
@nightslayer300
@powgal15

Female
123 posts

moonflower • 7 December 2022 at 6:19 PM

@shirothekittehlover

😃 I hope so, too! ^^

Female
2,131 posts

cranberrycat1 • 7 December 2022 at 8:38 PM

I love the fierce aspect of the flinyx, the name really did remind me of a lynx or at least a cat lol. @moonflower

Female
123 posts

moonflower • 7 December 2022 at 8:40 PM

@cranberrycat1

lmao I've done a lot of cat-related creatures, so I just decided to do something more different.

(I've done a birb creature--- 👀)

Female
730 posts

lothar • 7 December 2022 at 11:55 PM

@moonflower
Yes Phoenix yes, so beautiful ✨
We need more Phoenix

Female
123 posts

moonflower • 8 December 2022 at 8:43 AM

@lothar

Yes we do 😋 More Phoenix!!! I feel like the design for this is way to simple, and un-creature like, so I'm going to have to look for more people who are willing to design something more unique xD

320 posts

chihiro_sang • 11 March 2023 at 2:04 PM

I like the idea of more phoenix, it sounds like a more predatory solis.

181 posts

noman15 • 12 March 2023 at 2:54 PM

I like the idea of a more aggressive phoenix.

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 13 March 2023 at 2:01 AM

@moonflower
i think it looks absolutely lovely!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 10 March 2024 at 1:05 AM

I really love this creature! I love phoenixes and would love more on the site.
Could be cool for a Medieval/DnD theme...?

181 posts

noman15 • 10 March 2024 at 5:12 PM

Glad to see this aggressive birdie getting attention again.