[CHOSEN🍓] Valentine's Day Creature Collab: Smitten 🐱🍫

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
1,312 posts

daisycat • 7 December 2022 at 8:11 PM

Update on February 1, 2023
The Smitten has been chosen as a February CSP Creature! Thank you so much!! We are so grateful! The digital artwork is absolutely beautiful!

Creature Collaboration 🐱🍫
This is a collab with @twinkle! Twinkle messaged me, "I had this idea since September but I really can’t come up with anything creative with it but I would love a strawberry smores themed pet here on eggcave." She also said the creature inside the s'mores could be "holding the upper graham cracker to sandwich into".

Introducing the Smitten 🐱🍫
The Smitten (stylized as S'mitten) is a strawberry s'mores kitten.

Artwork of the Smitten 🐱🍫
S'mores with Chocolate Covered Strawberry: https://ibb.co/x7rkrnR
Classic S'mores: https://ibb.co/y8xQV0y
Both Designs in One if You're Lazy: https://ibb.co/XYxjc3j
I used micron pens and watercolors. I edited the strawberry out for the second pics.

Name Meaning 🐱🍫
~ S'mores + Kitten = Smitten.
~ Smitten, by definition, means "overwhelmed or struck by something, usually love" which is very appropriate for Valentine's Day.

About Smitten Eggs 🐱🍫
Strawberry Egg: This egg looks just like a chocolate covered strawberry! Maybe it is...? It would be a delightful gift to give your Valentine.
Marshmallow Egg: This egg looks just like a toasted marshmallow! Maybe it is...? It would be a delightful gift to give your Valentine.

About the Smitten Creature 🐱🍫
Smittens start out as a cozy white marshmallow sitting on a chocolate nest in between two crisp graham crackers with a chocolate covered strawberry on top. The chocolate begins to melt the more they purr. The happy Smitten gets warmer and warmer, becoming a toasted marshmallow, soon unable to fit inside the grahams as easily. Finally, the toasted Smitten emerges, lifting up their graham cracker roof with ease. They do a biiig stretch and show off their toasty tummies!

Descriptions written by @daisycat.

Smitten Details 🐱🍫
Weight: 0.091 kg (I think it would be cute and silly to put "At least a couple grams" for this! Get it?)
Height: 0.07 m
Gender Profile: Standard
Habitat: Ark City
Obtained From: Event

Smitten Evolution 🐱🍫
Baby: 250 Feeds
Teen: 555 Feeds
Adult: 910 Feeds

*Side notes: Either design is appropriate for Valentine's Day (chocolate), but if not for Valentine's Day, the strawberry could be removed and the classic s'mores Smitten could be a summer creature suggestion (think camping, campfires, bonfires).

Thank you for checking out the Smitten!! We hope you are smitten with it and want to see s'more! ❤️

@dragrawr
@moonflower
@redflipflap
@shirothekittehlover
@snowywinter
@wonder404exe

#creaturesuggestion

Note to artists if creature is selected: Please keep 2nd (baby) and 3rd (teen) stage concepts as drawn. For 4th (adult) stage, feel free to modify face / make eyes a bit further apart and more cat-like. c:

Note: There are two options for the artwork and descriptions. Depending on what everyone prefers, this can be either a s'mores with a chocolate covered strawberry on top, or, a classic s'mores*. Both are fitting for Valentine's Day because all components featured are sweet, chocolate, dessert items (and the name is very on theme). c:

Demifluid
1,508 posts

wonder404exe • 7 December 2022 at 8:19 PM

@daisycat
Oml can i eat this one? :0 why so many food animalz so fitting for creature release week

Its snail. But kat and s’mores. Eat the smores and you will be left with kat

Female
1,320 posts

twinkle • 7 December 2022 at 8:22 PM

@daisycat
This is my dream pet now ;u;
SMITTEN IS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT 🐱🍫❤️
The art, the details, the entire concept is too adorable for me ;u;
I'm so glad we chose a cat he looks so cute hehe 😸
It's also really smart that you added a summer version ^^
Thank you so much for making this and I really really REALLLY hope this gets made!!
I'll make a whole army of smittens I don't care how much CC I spend lol

Random pings (sorry if you don't like pings ;u;)
@bluewolf @icecream @heatherm19 @ian @prairie

Female
1,312 posts

daisycat • 7 December 2022 at 8:25 PM

@wonder404exe
I was just telling Twinkle that food animals are something I've created and drawn my whole life. It's fun! You say snail like you're peeking into my other ideas. XD I have a character called Cinnasnail that I drew at work a couple years ago. It's a cream cheese frosting snail with an iced cinnamon roll as the shell. He leaves a frosting trail wherever he goes. Then, a few months ago, I was playing Bugsnax with my boyfriend (really cute game cuz it has just what I've always loved, food animal creativity!) and he found a new creature on there... CINNASNAIL. We both freaked out. XD It's too good and OBVIOUS of an idea not to exist, but I was still a lil sad hehe.

@twinkle
Thank you so much for bringing this idea to me!! ❤️ I love the holding up of the grahams, like get me outta here. XD

Female
1,320 posts

twinkle • 7 December 2022 at 8:37 PM

@daisycat You're welcome! 😸
I love how the marshmallow kitty gets more toasted as he evolves ;u; very adorable hehe

Female
123 posts

moonflower • 7 December 2022 at 8:39 PM

@daisycat

It's cuuuuuuuuute!!!!!!! *0*

Eeeee I'd love to have one! Better be active on February... Just in case!! 😜

Female
2,151 posts

cranberrycat1 • 7 December 2022 at 8:41 PM

It is so cute I would prefer the strawberry one since I love chocolate-covered strawberries XD you are such a good artist @daisycat

Female
2,960 posts

heatherm19 • 7 December 2022 at 8:48 PM

KITTY!!!! *ahem* I love it! So CUTE and a really awesome concept, I especially love the description and how it's lifting up the graham cracker in the adult pose.

Female
1,312 posts

daisycat • 7 December 2022 at 9:10 PM

@twinkle
So toasty! How do you prefer your marshmallows? Light, medium, burnt? I get the brand Dandies and I kinda like them more burnt. ^.^'

@moonflower
Thank you so much! 😸

@cranberrycat1
Aww, thank you! That's so sweet. ❤️

@heatherm19
Thank you! I'm glad you like it! c:

Female
1,320 posts

twinkle • 7 December 2022 at 9:22 PM

@daisycat I love semi-burnt ones like smitten's 3rd stage lol

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 7 December 2022 at 9:58 PM

He’s like a lil s’mores cat sandwich 🥹 loves it, 10/10

Female
1,312 posts

daisycat • 7 December 2022 at 10:29 PM

@twinkle
Delish! This whole idea has had me wanting s'mores ever since you brought it up heh.

@redflipflap
Thank you for your comment! ^3^

Female
2,561 posts

dragrawr • 7 December 2022 at 11:00 PM

@daisycat aaaa very cute !!! Loving the creature suggestions

Female
1,312 posts

daisycat • 7 December 2022 at 11:57 PM

@dragrawr
Aw yay! Thank you very much! 😸

Female
730 posts

lothar • 7 December 2022 at 11:58 PM

@daisycat
omg so cute
Strawberry one and marshmallow one are both my love. I want to take both XD
So sweeeeet so lovely little kitties

Female
1,312 posts

daisycat • 8 December 2022 at 12:17 AM

@lothar
Lolol thank you so much!! Yeah, it's difficult to choose one. 😊

Female
934 posts

shirothekittehlover • 8 December 2022 at 3:06 AM

@daisycat
Sweets and cats in one creature! Yes please! : D
Would love this to become real one day! ^^
If I didn't follow a certain rule I made I would've hoarded many of these sweeties lmao

Pingos:
@prairie
@Ian
@nightslayer300
@powgal15
@snowywinter

Female
1,312 posts

daisycat • 8 December 2022 at 10:47 AM

@shirothekittehlover
Thank you so much, so glad you like it!! 😸
I would want at least four for sure lol.

Female
2,742 posts

jlya • 8 December 2022 at 2:50 PM

@daisycat
IT'S SO CUTE!! ❤️ I love both versions, it's perfect either way. It's just such an adorable cat and concept, and the name is just so perfect, I love it ❤️

Female
1,312 posts

daisycat • 8 December 2022 at 3:15 PM

@jlya
Yay! Thank you for your kind input!! ❤️

Female
1,320 posts

twinkle • 8 December 2022 at 9:54 PM

I’m so happy that I’m not the only one loving this idea ❤️
Pinging some more people (sorry if you don’t want pings ;u;)
@pewpewkachu
@hikanu
@awesomesaucethegreat
@tokio
@mr-blue-bones

32 posts

pewpewkachu • 8 December 2022 at 9:59 PM

Aaaaaw, babies. I'm partial to the one with the strawberry myself.

Female
388 posts

cryogenics • 8 December 2022 at 10:20 PM

@daisycat - love the designs for the 2nd to 4th stages!

but i think the 1st stages need further work as I dont see how the kitty is in the egg, especially the strawberry.

for the s'more, maybe have the tail wrapped around it?

the strawberry, have the kitten's paws rest or peek out on top of the strawberry (left of green leaves)- almost as if its trying to climb out?

Female
1,312 posts

daisycat • 8 December 2022 at 10:28 PM

@pewpewkachu
Thank you, I'm happy you like it! 😊

@cryogenics
Thank you so much for your input! I see what you're saying about the eggs, but I just think it would be cute to have a strawberry or a marshmallow in our coves. Just that, no animal parts on it. Though, I like your idea, I do think it would be cute to have a white tail coming around the marshmallow, wrapping around the front. Maybe little burnt ears on top.

Deleted • 11 December 2022 at 1:25 AM

@daisycat
Omg I love it
This why I wanted work with u. You are amazing artist
Keep up great work I hope @ian will make all your creature suggestions come to live

Female
1,312 posts

daisycat • 11 December 2022 at 2:24 AM

@lululoo
Thank you Lulu, I appreciate that. 😸 Hopefully me and Twinkle's creature will come to life. *_*

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 11 December 2022 at 2:29 AM

@daisycat omg another ADORABLE creature suggestion, this is soo cute but it makes me kinda hungry LOL i haven't had smores in forever!! the description is absolutely adorable and i love the creativity in how it relates to the design! ❤️

Female
1,312 posts

daisycat • 11 December 2022 at 2:35 AM

@pwuffy
Thank you so much!! I'm happy you likey. 🥹❤️

Female
1,148 posts

valorieviolet • 11 December 2022 at 4:50 AM

@daisycat

Let me just say that I love that you actually took the time to combine both versions of the Smitten into one copyable link, because I am, in fact, lazy xD

Both versions are super scrumptious and I would love to see either of them come to life in the near future (I'm rooting for the strawberry Smitten) ❤️

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 11 December 2022 at 5:36 AM

@daisycat
looks yummy!