[CLOSED] 💗 Valentine's Day Giveaway 💗

in User Contests & Giveaways

What device do you primarily use for Egg Cave?

Female
1,283 posts

daisycat • 13 January 2023 at 3:09 PM

Valentine's Day Giveaway
With Valentine's Day fast approaching, I'm hosting a raffle to get everyone in the spirit! There will be three winners and the deadline to enter is January 31st at 11:59 PM ECT. If you're not a fan of Valentine's Day, I hope this will make it more enjoyable for you!
━━━━━━

Winners Announced February 1st @ 2:45 AM ECT
1st ticket drawn belongs to: @kataclysm Trade #1017639
2nd ticket drawn belongs to: @murfijs Trade #1017638
3rd ticket drawn belongs to: @snowywinter Trade #1017637

Prizes
500 CC to first ticket drawn, + Valentine's Day items
300 CC to second ticket drawn, + Valentine's Day items
200 CC to third ticket drawn, + Valentine's Day items

One Raffle Ticket
To be entered into the raffle once:
Please comment with your plans for Valentine's Day or a memory involving Valentine's Day. Could include: Do you celebrate it? Do you like it? Are you indifferent? Have you given out Valentines at school before?

Two Raffle Tickets
To be entered into the raffle twice:
Please comment with your plans for Valentine's Day or a memory involving Valentine's Day. Could include: Do you celebrate it? Do you like it? Are you indifferent? Have you given out Valentines at school before?
Please comment with a favorite snack or drink you like to make that doesn't include meat (it doesn't have to be Valentine's Day themed).

Three Raffle Tickets
To be entered into the raffle thrice:
Please comment with a favorite snack or drink you like to make that doesn't include meat (it doesn't have to be Valentine's Day themed).
Please draw a Valentine's Day doodle of one of your creatures and post the URL for everyone to enjoy! We'd love to see your artwork. c: Digital OR traditional! It can be a quick sketch too, don't worry about spending too much time on it. If you don't have a drawing program, you can use https://sketch.io/sketchpad/ and save or screenshot your work.

Deadline to Enter
Entries are accepted until January 31st 11:59 PM ECT. The three winners we be announced on February 1st. All three winners will be different. I will update the entries in this post as they come in; please let me know if I've written something incorrectly or missed you. :-}

Entries and Tickets
1. @bluewolf (2 tickets)
2. @heatherm19 (3 tickets)
3. @wonder404exe (3 tickets)
4. @dragrawr (3 tickets)
5. @pegasasu (2 tickets)
6. @subie (3 tickets)
7. @cranberrycat1 (2 tickets)
8. @jlya (2 tickets)
9. @chaotictreat (3 tickets)
10. @snowywinter (3 tickets)
11. @lothar (3 tickets)
12. @hikanu (1 ticket)
13. @ida92 (3 tickets)
14. @somnumexterreri (2 tickets)
15. @kataclysm (2 tickets)
16. @murfijs (2 tickets)
17. @lunacharm1037 (2 tickets)
18. @nut (2 tickets)
19. @cherryblossomlover (2 tickets)
20. @shadowfaxe (3 tickets)
21. @pewpewkachu (2 tickets)
22. @pastelrabbit (2 tickets)
23. @sunflxwer03 (2 tickets)
24. @lululoo (2 tickets)
25. @icecream (3 tickets)
26. @kittymimi (3 tickets)
27. @xlover (2 tickets)
━━━━━━
If you only enter the raffle once or twice, you may also enter the raffle a second or third time later on. Just submit a new post as an addendum and I will update your ticket count.

It's not required, but please feel free to ping your friends!

And yes I'm curious on your food creations and wondering if I could get some new or fun snack ideas lol (and other users could, too). Thank you for reading!

Winners will be generated using https://ohmyluck.com/raffle-generator/

Female
759 posts

okami • 13 January 2023 at 3:45 PM

@daisycat

Aww this is so cute ❤️ Thanks for hosting this, this is so unique! I'll do 2 raffle tickets right now, and work on a drawing to submit later on x3

♥I don't really have any plans for Valentine's Day. I've always been single as a pringle (lol), so celebrating Valentines Day stopped for me after elementary school. Those are some great memories though! We'd all bring in an empty shoebox to decorate a couple days before Valentines Day, and then we'd leave them on our desks to act as a mailbox of sorts. On the big day we'd all go around then 'delivering' our cards to each classmates box, it was so fun 😸
♥My favorite Valentines Day treat are these Charms lollipops- they're red with a white cupid heart in the middle. Favorite lollipops in the world, I always buy a couple bags to last me throughout the year. But that doesn't count since I don't make those lol. One of my favorite snacks to make is this taco dip- I'll mix sour cream and frito lay bean dip. Then sprinkle a good amount of cheese on top, then add olives, lettuce, and freshly diced tomatoes. It's simple but so good with tortilla chips!

Female
1,283 posts

daisycat • 13 January 2023 at 4:28 PM

@bluewolf
Thank you for entering, Blue! ❤️ Making mailboxes for the Valentines was always a fun craft. Lots of excitement leading up to the day! Ooh I know those lollipops, those are so good! And so is taco dip!! Great choice. :-D They made some at my bf's uncle's Christmas party and it was soo yum, one of the things I grabbed seconds of lol. 😊

Female
2,800 posts

heatherm19 • 13 January 2023 at 5:18 PM

What an awesome giveaway!

1. I've been single since 2008 (yes really!) so Valentines Day is nothing special anymore, though I do usually buy candy! When I was working I would buy little Valentines candy boxes for all my coworkers. Oh, and my mom usually gets me a little Valentines stuffie (there are so many adorable stuffies for this holiday!).
2. I don't 'make' many snacks/drinks, my go-tos are things like bags of chips and Hawaiian Punch or similar drinks. I guess I do make my chocolate milk in the mornings (using more than double the 'recommended' amount of chocolate powder...) (I also add ice, just fridge-temperature milk doesn't taste as good to me.)
3. I'm a horrible draw-er (and I say it that way because I'm very artistic in other ways, just not drawing!) and I'm rather embarrassed at just how horrible this thing came out, but here is my lame attempt at a Rebonne: https://postimg.cc/F1qck91f

Female
1,283 posts

daisycat • 13 January 2023 at 5:31 PM

@heatherm19
Awww your drawing is adorable! I like the two color accents. x) You're too right on the Valentine's Day stuffies, I always have to look at them because they're so cute... and keep myself from getting attached and buying them lol. I love stuffed animals in general, so add a Valentine's theme and I'm like omg. Chocolate milk is so good! Definitely double up on the powder lol. I agree with ice, I love cold drinks to be super cold.

Demifluid
1,459 posts

wonder404exe • 13 January 2023 at 6:34 PM

@daisycat

♥ I don't celebrate valentines day though... At school... in elementary school... we used to color pages, play games, and play tic-tac-toe with heart candies X]
♥ Mmmmm... I'm not so sure :'0 I don't have a 'favorite' of anything because I either hate it or like it. Well lets see, no meet... food... NOODLES!!! nahhh name something uncommon Boba? :')

Doodle for later... >: D (Edit: can it be traditional?)

Female
2,336 posts

dragrawr • 13 January 2023 at 7:04 PM

@daisycat aa thank you so much for this raffle you are seriously the best !

♥ Although I am rather indifferent to Valentine's Day the aesthetic of it makes me swoon! I am a hoarder of everything plushy, so all the heart patterns on the plush make me go wild, as in, rip my wallet. I stay away from stores during Valentine's Day cus I know I am gonna end up going home with 3 stuffed animals and 8 bags of candy... oh well!

♥ I may be simple, but I adore making cookies. However, they must be snickerdoodle! And also, regular cookie dough (even tho you arent supposed to eat it) is literally so good!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

♥ https://www.deviantart.com/dragrawr/art/Eggcave-Valentines-Thing-945074374 !!

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 13 January 2023 at 7:58 PM

@daisycat I love the colors on the post haha. Thanks for doing this ❤️

♥ I remember my significant other and I just broke up. I went with my friends instead to a skate park and then we went to a college parking lot to take pictures of each other. So honestly the memory I remember most clearly isn't a Valentine's Day with a partner but with my friends. I remember we used to give valentine goodie bags at school so I'd go home with like twenty bags of candy. It was a simpler time back then.

♥ I'm also like @dragrawr lol I like baking cookies!! My friend and I made some delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars that I really want to make again!

101 posts

subie • 13 January 2023 at 8:34 PM

@daisycat Thanks for running this adorable giveaway!

♥ I am spending Valentine's Day with my significant other - spending time together and going out for dinner. I absolutely love the aesthetic and atmosphere during Valentine's Day, but it's lowkey a cash grab and excuse to buy gifts for people - and it works because I LOVE buying gifts for the people in my life! x) I love handing out some chocolates to friends and co-workers as well.
♥ My favourite snack is any fruit! I'll often mix up some greek yogurt, granola, berries, and honey in a bowl after a long day.
♥ Here's a very rough sketch of Bengt spreading some love: https://postimg.cc/3d0fM7tX

Female
2,040 posts

cranberrycat1 • 13 January 2023 at 9:21 PM

♥ I don’t really celebrate but in grade school we would make little cards and give them to our friends
♥ I don’t make anything for Valentine’s Day but we buy chocolate and sometimes make a parfaits and stick chocolate on them for a valentines feel (ingredients are yogurt granola strawberries and chocolate)

Female
2,556 posts

jlya • 13 January 2023 at 9:57 PM

@daisycat
Thank you for hosting all these giveaways! I love all the conversation it gets going. ^^
I'm going to stick with 2 raffle tickets right now because I have 0% faith in my ability to draw anything not cringe-worthy with a drawing program xD I may see if I can sketch a picture with good old pen and pencil later.

❤️ I'm fairly indifferent to Valentine's Day as a holiday, I'm single and I feel like Valentine's is kind of forced. I'm a hopeless romantic so I'd rather have spontaneous romance in the middle of May than on a day where it's expected in a relationship 😊 I usually get together with my friends for a Gal-entine's celebration sometime in February.
However, I do love February 14th because it has good memories for me, besides childhood Valentine's boxes at school and my mom's gifts. I've been working on a novel for several years and at this point it's like a part of my identity ❤️ At midnight on February 14th of 2021, I finished the first draft!! One of my best memories ^^ Hopefully a couple years from now I'll have it completely done, but those are high hopes.
❤️ I got an ice cream maker for Christmas so lately my favorite snack to make is I've cream! I absolutely LOVE peppermint ice cream so I've been trying to make my own with chocolate chips and peppermint pieces. Delicious 😋

Female
1,283 posts

daisycat • 13 January 2023 at 10:47 PM

@wonder404exe
Tic-tac-toe with heart candies sounds adorable! Mm I love both noodles and boba, fab choices. n_n I love a coffee or matcha smoothie boba. Your drawing can absolutely be traditional!

@dragrawr
I can't agree more with you on the aesthetic of Valentine's Day, especially the plushies. The theme is the whole reason I love the holiday lol. Cookies are the best! And don't worry too much about eating cookie dough. I've never gotten sick from eat or known anyone who has. That being said, it's also super simple to make eggless cookie dough, and that I also love to eat lol. I'd argue that raw, uncooked flour could pose more harm than the eggs. *shrug* But the eggs could only be an issue if the shell is legit dirty and touches or gets into the dough. Your artwork is gorgeous, as usual! You really flew with this prompt! I adore the envelope with the heart sticker. ❤️

@pegasasu
I'm glad you like the colors! c: I love taking photos, so that's always fun. Especially with good friends who make everything better. 😊 Mmm I love all cookies, and oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars sound WAY too good right now. :-}

@subie
Agreed! I love giving things, and I love the look of Valentine's Day. Just so lovey and cute. Your snack is my go-to! I'm obsessed with fruit and have a hard time understanding how some people may not be that into it. XD I have that same parfait almost daily, but replace the granola with Grape Nuts cereal. x) I like to make homemade granola so when I don't have any, I use cereal. Your artwork of Bengt is stunning! 😱 So cute, with the lil heart too aww!

@cranberrycat1
I love your parfait idea! Just typed to @subie above that parfaits are one of my top favorite foods and snacks, you can change up what you add and they are always soo good. Chocolate would make it extra special. c:

@jlya
Aw I'd love to see any drawing of yours, digital or traditional! I've updated my post to make sure everyone knows they can use any medium they're comfortable with. c: I understand what you mean with Valentine's Day being forced, and yeah I wouldn't say I like that aspect of it... but just the look of it, all the hearts and lovey colors hehe. That is really wonderful about finishing your draft that day! Writing a novel is hard work, there is so much love put into them, writing and proofreading and editing and rewriting things like twenty times lol. Oooh I LOVE ice cream, your peppermint chocolate chip ice cream sounds divine! Sweet and refreshing, and homemade makes it 100 times better for many reasons. :-}

Demifluid
1,459 posts

wonder404exe • 13 January 2023 at 11:09 PM

@daisycat

New Year(well.. new year-): ...
Valentine(a special day to tell ur crush you like them or just bond with family/friends): ...
Lunar New Year(literally-almost-just both of them): COUNT ME IN HAHAH!

https://ibb.co/SBDkCPp my cye, BCS why not?

Female
1,283 posts

daisycat • 13 January 2023 at 11:13 PM

@wonder404exe
Very nice, thank you for that! I love the heart. c: Ooh yes Lunar New Year is coming up soon!

Female
1,749 posts

chaotictreat • 14 January 2023 at 12:01 AM

♥ I've never really done anything for Valentine's day (except feel single af) and probably won't this year either, although I do have someone who I like - and likes me(!!!!) - this year! (It's a bit complicated tho 😋) Maybe I'll buy some of the discounted chocolate on the 15th, but doubt I'll celebrate the actual day.
♥ I tend not to make snacks because I'm lazy haha, I definitely lean more towards things like chocolate and crackers! Occasionally I'll make a toasted sandwich if I'm particularly hungry, normally with vegan cheese (family allergies), pastrami, and gherkins.
♥ Here's Mahlah dropping some heart confetti on random passers-by: https://postimg.cc/ZvzsxBZg (It's pretty terrible lmao sorry I can't get that website to work)

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 14 January 2023 at 1:46 AM

(Poll: given the choices 100% Computer, NEVER on phone. - unless you count showing another player things on theirs -and getting frustrated and ready to throw it at the wall.
but reality is i use the computer about 60% of the time and TABLET about 40% of the time for playing Eggcave. - the percentage shifts as my feeding and interactions habits shift.)

- - - -

For first entry ticket :

Plans/Memories for Valentine's Day - I used to have the worst luck on that day. Not just in romance, but life in general. I was mostly indifferent to the day, if not depressed a little. As years went on I had started to feel sorry for myself. But then I started noticing something else... Feb 2nd, year after year almost always brought something good into my life, and some of my best chances at romance happened then >.< So I said the heck with it and started celebrating it that day, official dates be darned. It's so important to me that my partner, the thoughtful guy he is even started celebrating it with me on that day. (I'm easy to please - just give me food. not candy. *FOOD*. Flowers- useless. Sparkly objects - rather pick my own. *FOOD!*)
I also suffered a lot from depression and loneliness. I didn't have any friends in school until high school, and dealt with abuse at home. My Godmother, bless her soul, brought me gift baskets every year for Valentines Day starting sometimes in late elementary school. That kindness helped me to keep going, knowing *SOMEONE* loved me, cared about me, and thought about me outside of birthdays and obligatory by societal standards holidays such as Christmas. I know one year that kindness alone was enough to keep me going.
I never forgot it and most years (until the recent few) I've passed it on by using the time to tell people what they mean to me, and that someone cares about them.
I have a couple creatures here on Eggcave named after her.

One of my most special memories was I had a boyfriend who wrote poetry, and for Valentine's Day he drew me a bloomed rose. *swoon* Poetry, drawings, it was a dream come true. Found out months, maybe a year or two later from someone else after we had broken up that he had copied and traced all that stuff. : / *shrug emoji* It was all new to me... and fact was is he *took the time* to do all that. I mean the rose was beautifully shaded! (I drew well enough freehand that i had people asking me to draw for them, and some accusing me of tracing... but I couldn't trace worth a darn when i tried! lol. So color me impressed even if the guy was a fraud. : )
- It's not really that shocking being about him >.< I knew I was dating an idiot. ...but boy could that idiot cook! Gods that was over 25 years ago and my stomach literally just growled thinking about it and my mouth is salivating like crazy.)
(Back then I dumped anyone who gave me gifts while we were dating. I let them know up front that is one of my #1 rules and that was their only warning. ... and that boy totally found my exceptions! lol ^^ < 3 letters, art, music, and food.)

And yes, yes I totally participated in the obligatory Valentine's Day Elementary school swap. And it was fun! Loved those cards, stickers, and candy ...despite the awkwardness.
Much love to friends & family that continued the tradition into adulthood! (I feel so bad for not reciprocating - but dang it, we were poor until last year.)

- - - -

For second entry ticket:

The first thing that came to mind ... I miss making it so much, but I used to have fun ... my Christmas Toast.
(first off understand I'm usually not one for sweets, but this became a tradition of mine I started when I was a teen, trying to make something special for my Mom. ...and i got hooked on it myself.)
Favorite type of bread - toast one slice at a time so it's piping hot when served.
Butter (dairy-free if you so wish)/margarine lightly, then stick back in toaster for a few seconds to heat it back up (this would probably work better in a toaster oven or on a restaurant style griddle, but I worked with what I had.)
Spread more butter on so that the toast has a pool of butter.
Evenly Sprinkle on a dusting of Cinnamon, and sprinkle on a sandy layer of white granulated Sugar so that it's still crunchy amid the melted butter.
Recommend serving with something to clean hands with.
-Nothing about this is healthy. Completely indulgent.

(I know I had others, but having so many food allergies I've forgotten a lot of my old favorites.)

Gotta throw in a bonus from my childhood. Something my aunt would sometimes do when she babysat and have ready for dinner when my parents got home. Fruit Salad. Easy peasy.
Apples - chunked
Bananas - sliced
Grapes - de-stemmed
Oranges - peeled, segmented, and split in thirds. (When my mom made it she used the canned Mandarin oranges! YUM!)
And stir. Somehow it all tasted so much better together!

- - - -

Omdg this is something i normally would have scrapped but some of the other entries gave me encouragement. This would have been the 1st step in a long line of planning. Whelp, here is what I got done before the tremors and pain got too bad. I was going for a cross between a Tasma, one of my dogs, and it was going to have angel wings and a paw resting on top of the heart.
https://postimg.cc/SXYzcfrk
(AND i FINALLY found another site I'm satisfied uploading to. Mods will be pleased.)
(mind you 99.999999999% of the drawings/paintings i've ever done have been on paper.)

[Redacted initial part of entry with personal details about my disability and a plea for other participants for an alternative entry by poem.]

- - - - - -

Thank you for hosting this! ^^

and i'm looking forward to seeing others sketches! < 3

(OOF! I forgot pings
Note to self
look to see if anyone still needs a ping come next post
by-joyce heather sulvas twinkle moonflower)

Female
730 posts

lothar • 14 January 2023 at 8:20 AM

@daisycat
♥I'd love to celebrate Valentine's Day, but I don't have a boyfriend. I try to find a special person in my life during this year. As a Valentine's Day plan, I usually go to sing with my friends, sing some songs about single people lol
And I will buy myself chocolate as a treat for working hard
♥Strawberry yogurt! I had a cup of strawberry yogurt just now🍓 And I love strawberry
♥Draw my baby Regluvid(still a suggestion): https://ibb.co/6s2hCkD

Female
1,283 posts

daisycat • 14 January 2023 at 12:06 PM

@chaotictreat
Ooh complicated or not, still what a great feeling when the person you like likes you back. :-D Your toasted sandwich sounds great. 😊 Omg your drawing of Mahlah is soOoOo cute! :,) I love it! ❤️

@snowywinter
I was gonna say, you can absolutely write a poem instead of drawing, but ooh I love your lil Tasma! Oh so cute with the festive heart, great job! 😊 I agree with you on the food thing lol I went through two ex-boyfriends + seven years between the two before my third ex was the first one to GIFT me fruit. Maybe it sounds silly to some, but I expressed to the previous men that, while I do love flowers, I'd much prefer to get fruit (it's also beautiful and you can eat it). So my third was the first to listen to me with that. Just insane, really, that no one else understood my direct words lol it was no guessing game. But it's not like I demanded it, so perhaps that also played a factor. I love your Christmas Toast! ^.^ Anything cinnamon is good in my book, especially a classic like cinnamon toast, and the way you described it sounds just divine right now. I also love fruit salad. Those lil baby mandarian oranges were such a treat when I was growing up, we always wanted those over straight up oranges cuz of their syrupy, sugary bath they had been marinating in. And... that's wild about the guy just tracing and copying stuff. :/ It's one thing to get inspiration, but jeez. Maybe he just liked you that much and really wanted to impress you but couldn't on his own. o.o

@lothar
Singing songs about single people sounds fun and silly, love that! ^.^ Strawberries, strawberry yogurt, mm I love both of those, nice choices. Your drawing is SOOO so so cute, my goodness! The eyes! And the heart bow and the lil heart ribbon, and those shiny hooves. That's too adorable! 😸

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 14 January 2023 at 7:27 PM

@daisycat

I'll stick with my initial sketch for the official entry, but figure I'd make something up on the spot anyhow ^^ Thank you! ❤️
Bonus poem!
(Following the lonely theme of Valentine's day and the changing season - reminiscing how the little things could fill me with joy when I was down.)
Sure if I took my time I could expound upon it... (but I've been forgetting things lately even with lists. So I wanted to post this before it got lost.)

When the pangs howl through you of an empty wind through barren trees,
listen, listen with your heart to the warming breeze.
Upon the snow a soft patter, a shimmer.
Freeze.
But heart aglow, the warmth you felt from the Tasma gaze.

I've asked people about the gift thing *trying* to understand society, and watched a few daytime talk show segments. Apparently there are a lot of people out there who play mind games. And most people when they say they don't want gifts are being polite or don't want to feel indebted, but *actually do* want gifts. (Me rolling my eyes. Why can't people just say what they mean?)
And hey, to each our own. What can have lots of meaning to one person, can be insignificant to the next. Listening in and of itself can be the greatest gift. And by golly, a piece of fruit is suddenly more than just a piece of fruit. ; ) < 3
Mmm Fruit! So simple, so healthy. Great choice! ^^
Hope all of us are giving you great ideas for future snacking! (I preferred the Mandarin oranges in the light syrup or juice. But I get it about the syrup. definitely more delicious for the fruit salads.) Life hack, at restaurants that have them, request an orange slice with a glass of water instead of lemon sometime. ; ) (I seen one on a glass of beer at my favorite restaurant, and was tired of getting mildewy lemon wedges... I'm hyper sensitive to it... and decided to ask. Fell in love with having a twist of orange in my dinner water.)
(Someone mentioned fruit yogurt. Black-cherry fruit on the bottom was my favorite growing up. Later on I really liked the strawberry dairy-free yogurts. Oh-So-Delicious was my favorite.)
I'd like to say that guy was trying to impress me... but he was just a lazy d*pe. (And apparently I wasn't the only one he made copies of stuff for.) And he was cheating on me soon after.

1,127 posts

hikanu • 14 January 2023 at 7:57 PM

♥ My plans... Hmm, I don't really have any plans per se, might spend the day with a friend, visit my parents, or just spend it like any other day because that's what it is to me. I'm pretty indifferent to it, I don't dislike the concept, it's just never been a thing where I live. Hell, we barely do Halloween properly. Anyway. If I do have to share an opinion, I think if Valentine's Day should be a thing, White Day should too. We're all in for equality in this day and age, right? XD

Female
1,283 posts

daisycat • 14 January 2023 at 8:43 PM

@snowywinter
Lovely poem. 😊 Yeah I've dealt with a lot of mind game stuff too in the past. ;c Amazingly so, none of that has happened with my current bf (been with over 1 1/2 years). It's felt surreal to me. Too bad that guy cheated on you, that's of course way worse than finding out his artistic expressions of love to you were copied. :/ I've already had or heard of the ideas given, which is totally fine, but hoping there will be at least one new thing that can inspire me that I maybe haven't had before. Trying to find like unique cravings and comfort snacks. x) I love cooking, baking, and eating, so I'm always curious what people like to eat and drink. I love citrus in water, orange sounds refreshing. "mildewy lemon wedges" lolol mildew... always reminds me of my cat's name and how I'd love to get a cat with small white spots scattered throughout their fur and name them Mildew. XD Mildred and Mildew.

@hikanu
I absolutely agree with you on White Day!! I love the idea of a day for him and a day for her, and just the idea that Valentine's Day in general shouldn't be for one person. Though, on Valentine's Day, it's give and receive for me, not just about one person, and I really try to give and be creative for my boyfriend on Valentine's Day, and he does the same. So I suppose it's combined for us. Having said that, I like the sentiment of White Day because I think if someone who isn't your partner gifts you something, unbeknownst to you, you can reciprocate a month later. March 14th is also Pi Day lol and every year I'm sure to make a pie for it, or more often, a bunch of mini pies in different flavors. My bf is extremely into math... and loves pie too... so he loves Pi Day. XD

Female
2,321 posts

ida92 • 16 January 2023 at 3:30 AM

@daisycat
Thank you for histing this! I would like to submit for three tickets, please. ^^

1. I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day, but I have nothing against it. It's just not my type of holiday. I believe that when you love someone, you should celebrate that love every day. I don't need a special day to make my boyfriend feel special to me. 😊 I do have a memory though, because one of my friends was born on velentine's day. 😃 So we actually celebrate his birthday.

2. One of my favourite snacks is millet pudding. I cook millet in milk (you can use plant milk), then when it's cooked blend it with some cooked oatmeal, a ripe, peeled banana and some powdered cocoa. Delicious and healthy snack. 😊 No need to add sugar, because the banana is sweet enough, but if you want you can add some honey or a vegan sweetener like sugar, agave syrup or even maple syrup perhaps (I never tried this with maple syrup, but I can imagine it would alther the flavour).

3. Ok, so this is Inner Demon, my Sherth. And this is my first attempt at digital art, so please be kind xD.

https://www.deviantart.com/idusiek/art/Sherth-945405450

Female
1,283 posts

daisycat • 16 January 2023 at 7:15 AM

@ida92
You're too right! I agree with you on celebrating your love and making your partner feel special every day. c: Only one day a year, or two or three, would be odd for that. x) Thank you for describing your snack, I actually have not had millet with oatmeal before, and just from reading it I know I'd like it cuz I love oatmeal and pudding-type things. 😍 Your drawing is fantastic! It doesn't look like a first attempt at digital art to me. 😱 You did very well; the bones look so good, and the cookie... omg, absolutely adorable! Thank you for sharing that. :-}

Female
2,321 posts

ida92 • 16 January 2023 at 9:12 AM

@daisycat Thank you, I'm glad you like the drawing. 😃 Maybe I should try to make some more digital art in the future. ^^

I don't add a lot of oatmeal, just a bit for more texture. I also just thought this might taste good with fresh blueberries on top. 😊

Demigirl/Demiboy
10 posts

somnumexterreri • 16 January 2023 at 11:43 AM

@daisycat

♥ Please comment with your plans for Valentine's Day or a memory involving Valentine's Day. Could include: Do you celebrate it? Do you like it? Are you indifferent? Have you given out Valentines at school before?

I plan on spending Valentine’s Day with my boyfriend this year! 😊 It will be out first Valentine’s Day together. I think the concept for the holiday is a cute one, although in the past I haven’t really celebrated it much. I would love to start! I gave out Valentine’s when I was still in school.

♥ Please comment with a favorite snack or drink you like to make that doesn't include meat (it doesn't have to be Valentine's Day themed!)

Personally, I make an amazing cobbler from scratch! I can make it with any fruit you like, and it’s absolutely delicious. I really like the strawberry cobbler I made, but peach/blackberry is also great!

Female
1,283 posts

daisycat • 16 January 2023 at 12:23 PM

@somnumexterreri
I hope you'll have a fun first Valentine's Day with your boyfriend! That always makes it extra special. :-} Oooh your cobbler sounds great! I bet it's delicious. 😊 I love making everything from scratch too, cobblers, pies, they're all so comforting, and you're right, I love the versatility of fruits. Thank you for sharing!

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 17 January 2023 at 7:06 AM

Hi Daisycat!! How sweet of you to host an event like this, even if I do feel like Valentines day is approaching WAY too fast after the holidays just passed.

My other half and I celebrate Valentines together, but we're not the kind of people that go all out. We usually use the day to take advantage of a nearby restaurant we've been meaning to try. Last year we went to this absolutely gorgeous Japanese place - Kibou, it's called - and it was a treat to dine there. I'm not sure if we've got anything planned this year, but it's probably about the right time to start looking around!

On that note, my favourite snack lately is the German gingerbread I'm still nomming on. I got too much pre-Christmas, so this will probably last me through to Easter. :')

Female
890 posts

murfijs • 17 January 2023 at 8:20 AM

@daisycat
we dont really celebrate valentines day here, but its a cool holiday none the less. I love how people send valentines day gifts to theyre loved ones ❤️
my favourite drink would be apple juice, its so sour and yummy! as for snack, i love donuts and cupcakes alot.

Female
1,283 posts

daisycat • 17 January 2023 at 9:53 AM

@kataclysm
Time sure does seem to go by faster every year. o_o Kibou sounds amazing! Now I'm thinking to make Japanese for dinner. x) My bf is part Japanese so he loves it too. I hope you'll get to try another cool new place this year. 😊 I love gingerbread, great choice! But I hope you don't get worn out on it if your stash is plentiful. ;D

@murfijs
I love apple juice, too! Maybe it's sweeter here (who am I kidding, of course it is, bleh), because you commenting on its sourness makes me wish it was MORE sour lol. I love cranberry juice and grapefruit for that reason -- they are sweet, but have a very nice tartness to them, very complementary. You've got some good favorites; I ADORE doughnuts, and cupcakes as well, but doughnuts way more. My favorite kind to make are glazed raspberry jam filled (yeast-raised and fried, of course). ^o^ But you can't go wrong with any. Thank you for sharing!

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 17 January 2023 at 6:36 PM

@daisycat
I'd like to join.
For the first raffle, I'm planning to go out to eat with a friend. I did exchange cards when I was in elementary school and it was fun.
For second raffle, I enjoy strawberry lemonade..Frozen strawberries in sauce, minuitemaid lemonade. pour some strawberries in the glass fill with ice cubes and lenonade and mix yummy I also like Key Lime Pie and cupcakes 😋
I did not enter the third raffle as my art skills are zero 😃
thank you and I hope I did this right