πŸͺΊ The Nest πŸͺΊ β€” Connestions #2 is Available!

in General

Nestlings, which contest would entice you to participate the most?

Female
361 posts

frosting • 16 May 2023 at 8:52 AM

@matcha hey partner! ^^ i don't have any concrete ideas yet but i was wondering if you had any suggestions?
just throwing this out there but there were a lot of chocolate items in the database which made me think of this for the entree: https://www.feastingathome.com/mole-negro/ don't really know what that would go with though lol

Female
93 posts

astralrebel • 16 May 2023 at 9:44 AM

@mastergemma so excited to be partners! Here's a few ideas I came up with with the help of pinterest off the top of my head ;P

Entree Ideas: Some sort of take on caprese? Like a caprese salad or sandwich. OR summer also makes me think of BBQ
Desert Ideas: Definitely something with fruit, maybe a deconstructed strawberry short cake or coconut something (macaroons, coconut creme pie, etc.)

You can probably see that I was thinking light/refreshing or summery when I was brainstorming, so I guess that's the first inkling of an idea for a theme? πŸ˜ƒ

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 16 May 2023 at 11:23 AM

@levine Maybe we could start with picking a theme. Some ideas, spring or flowers, space, woodlands or camping, foods related to places in Eggcave, prehistoric, or we could pick a food and base all the dishes around that…like berries, or something.

Personally, I think foods inspired by Eggcave places has potential! What are your thoughts? Do you like any of those ideas, or do you have something else in mind?

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 16 May 2023 at 3:07 PM

@vivian not at the moment partner, what are your ideas so far?

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 16 May 2023 at 3:19 PM

@opalquinze Hello!!!
I don't have anything solid in mind yet - I'm thinking we could maybe pick a habitat from the eggcave universe and figure out some 'regional cuisine' for our fave, or maybe combine a few to 'travel the world'? Or we can come up with something else altogether!! There are some delicious food items out there. I'll brainstorm some more tomorrow when I'm not mobile and hopefully we can come up with a banger. πŸ’ͺ

Female
166 posts

vivian • 16 May 2023 at 4:34 PM

@pastelrabbit
Again, nothing confirmed but was thinking some sort of ice cream or fries (or both, who knows!)
I wanted to try dressing up some of the really 'plain' items of Ark, like the golden chicken nuggets or french fries, etc. , hope this helps! 😊

Trans Male
100 posts

toebeans • 16 May 2023 at 4:36 PM

@bunnyshadow

Sweeter drinks like the chocolate-based or "lucky" ones sound good?

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 16 May 2023 at 5:05 PM

@toebeans Hey partner! I'm personally not a fan of chocolate, so I'm not sure I would be into that idea. Let's discuss further via wall posts. 😊

125 posts

nest • 16 May 2023 at 5:27 PM

@bunnyshadow @toebeans

Hi Bunny and Beans,

Per the rules, you are to discuss with your partner via the Guild Forum only.

"All activity must be completed via our Guild Forum (not messages, wall posts, Discord, etc.)."

This is the first rule posted in the Recipeep Rumble message.

Thank you!

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 16 May 2023 at 5:28 PM

@nest Whoops, missed that. Had a restless night and a long day today. 😬

@toebeans Could you elaborate on what you meant by lucky drinks? 😊

Trans Male
100 posts

toebeans • 16 May 2023 at 6:36 PM

@bunnyshadow

I WAS FEEDING ON MY SIDE, SORRY

It's like the "Lucky Teas" that were released this year! They're super cute and some are "Silver" "Gold Coin" or "Lucky" so...I feel like it'd be nice to mix them into something?? Maybe like water/milk in a cake mix and make a pretty cake!

Hope this helps, I'm not great at explaining things-

The "Lucky Drink" thread

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 16 May 2023 at 6:51 PM

@toebeans No worries! I see that now. I also re-read the instruction thread and took some notes for us.

One beverage recipe
IE: Tea/Coffee/Soda/Smoothie
One entree recipe
IE:
One dessert recipe
IE: Icecream/Cake/(Can't think of anything else).

=

One meal [That we have to name].

---

Should we do 2-3 small items IE (milk, bread, egg) for each of our recipes? I'm not sure if I'm understanding the instructions correctly.

Trans Male
100 posts

toebeans • 16 May 2023 at 6:54 PM

@bunnyshadow

Neither am I...Let's just start with drinks.

So how would we take a Bean Sack item and make it better? Like a certain tea and add something or make a drink based on random items?

I feel like starting with a pre-set drink and adding 1-2 more ingredients would be simpler...And probably wouldn't turn out yucky xD

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 16 May 2023 at 7:10 PM

@toebeans So... I think we can pick a main coffee item then try to add something like sprinkles/milk? Or would it be that we pick a coffee item then we can add a donut or cake pop as a secondary addition to it?

Trans Male
100 posts

toebeans • 16 May 2023 at 7:12 PM

@bunnyshadow

I think it's adding more ingredients... I'll let you pick a drink item if you want!

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 16 May 2023 at 7:23 PM

@toebeans Sounds good! Let me take a look at the item database to see if there is anything I like. Then you can select one or two addition items to the main product? For the entree you can pick that one. πŸ˜ƒ

Trans Male
100 posts

toebeans • 16 May 2023 at 7:25 PM

@bunnyshadow

Sounds great! I might be feeding so I'll take a little time...I do that a great memory of items ❀️

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 16 May 2023 at 7:37 PM

@toebeans Could you feed mine if you've got the chance? I sold my LoV. πŸ˜‚ πŸ™

Here are 5 items that I liked-- You can let me know which one is your favorite? πŸ˜ƒ

1) https://eggcave.com/items/affogato-with-chocolate-sauce
2) https://eggcave.com/items/beach-energy-drink
3) https://eggcave.com/items/blackberry-flower-tea
4) https://eggcave.com/items/blue-raspberry-smoothie
5) https://eggcave.com/items/cinnamon-latte

Trans Male
100 posts

toebeans • 16 May 2023 at 7:46 PM

@bunnyshadow Take a retired toy item. You can reuse those forever to get +13-15% happiness increase each use!!

Depends on the theme we want.

Beach Energy Drink - Beach theme, red and blue ingredients?

Blackberry Flower Tea - Flower items to use? (travels ARE allowed but not many)

Blue Raspberry Smoothie - Fruit theme, plenty to choose from!

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 16 May 2023 at 7:50 PM

@toebeans Noted. πŸ˜ƒ Thank you.

I kind of like the Blackberry Flower Tea art the most. Let's go with that one & use a floral theme or one that is similar in color?

Trans Male
100 posts

toebeans • 16 May 2023 at 7:53 PM

@bunnyshadow If you need an item, I have some~

Love it! I'll start looking.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 16 May 2023 at 7:55 PM

@toebeans I will keep you in mind for future ref if I am ever in dire need. πŸ™

Awesome, I'll be on standby. But just a heads up, I get off work in about 5 minutes & I've had a long + exhausting day with little sleep last night so I'm probably not going to be as active today.

Trans Male
100 posts

toebeans • 16 May 2023 at 8:05 PM

@bunnyshadow

I only work Sundays for landscaping since my team si the only team that will work Sunday...

I'm looking into items, make a list and post it for you soon!!

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 16 May 2023 at 8:46 PM

Hi everyone! Below are recipes I've created that I hope will help demonstrate how the game works. I was planning to post mine at the end of the competition, but I see some of you said you're not understanding so I hope this helps (although everything is sounding great so far)! This game is to encourage creativity with multiple Egg Cave items! 😊

Meal Name: Nicely Spiced Twice
A delicious dinner consisting of a sweet 'n' spicy Lavender Ginger Ale, creamy Scary Good Pasta made with our signature Monster Cheese, and a tangy Mango Chamoy Cheesecake with a kick!

Beverage: Lavender Ginger Ale
Made with Clean Waters, Purple Bubbles, Original Sugar Glass, a sprig from Lavender Bouquet, and a small portion of pureed Sweet Gingerbread Man.

Entree: Scary Good Pasta
The pasta is made with Wheat Fields, Sea Salt, Clean Waters, and one Egg.
Topped with Monster Cheese and veggies from Vegetable Harvest Stew.

Dessert: Mango Chamoy Cheesecake with Cookie Crust
The cheesecake is made with a Mango Spring Smoothie, Slice of Cheesecake, crushed up spicy Asteroid Gobstoppers, topped with Extra Spicy Hot Sauce.
The cookie crust is made with Vanilla Sandwich Cookies and the cream from a Vanilla Vleermus Cream Puff.

I do apologize if anything wasn't clear in the rules and requirements. I always try to type things out very clearly and yet concisely. Please let me know if there's ever any way I can make things easier to understand without typing too much more, since I know people don't usually like reading tons of text. Remember, you can always ask questions if you don't understand anything. 😊

You can make brand new dishes OR you can take already made items and add to them to create something new OR you can do a combination of both. It's very flexible. My example post shows that I utilized all three of these options. I hope this helps!! πŸ™

Thank you for checking out my recipes!

Female
547 posts

levine • 16 May 2023 at 9:16 PM

@musicgurl333
yepp!! i also rlly like the idea abt foods related to places in eggcave!
we can do foods themed around the cave, asteroid and oasis? (personally i think the oasis would b a GREAT theme for a drink HAHA)
ooo hm the asteroid can be like a dessert? (asteroid shaped lava cake with ice cream or smth XD n we can figure out the items to contain later πŸ˜‰ idk haha )
anwaays just some ideas lolll
what do u think? :>

Female
1,952 posts

chaotictreat • 16 May 2023 at 11:15 PM

@froot
What if our theme was uhhhh. a colour? or we could do like one specific cuisine or uh. Man my brain is not braining. We could do like,, space or spring or ocean orforest yk some sorta locationy thing? idk those are all my ideas for now im very tired

Male
95 posts

matcha • 16 May 2023 at 11:32 PM

@frosting Hello frosting! I like the mole idea! I'll try to find or think of something that will go with that, maybe enchiladas? Should we try to do a chocolate theme or a Mexican theme? Let me know your thoughts!

@daisycat I love all these! Thanks for sharing, these are all very inspiring! I really wanna try that mango chamoy cheesecake!

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 17 May 2023 at 7:07 AM

@astralrebel
I love the summery vibe!

There is Yellow mixed flower salad and the Garden salad. So we will need to get green, white and red into the dish. I personally prefer spinach but I don't know how that would taste in a caprese salad.

For the desert, the strawberry shortcake might be easier but the coconut does sound fun too, going very heavy in the summer vibe. Coconut lime popsicle would make a great way to get the coconut in, and a nice refreshing lemonade to finish the meal. I don't mind either way.

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 17 May 2023 at 7:44 AM

@vivian I like the idea of fries and icecream!
I think that dressing up the plain items and making them nicer would be a great option too! Do you have any items in mind that you’d want to use?

Female
166 posts

vivian • 17 May 2023 at 8:03 AM

@pastelrabbit
Okay so I did some digging, and I have some basic ideas.
For the fries and ice cream idea, we could do a Fry Sundae, where we take Golden Potato Wedges and Tube of French Fry Flavored Space Food to drizzle on top of the sundae (like chocolate sauce? xD)
And then for the ice cream I may need your help with finding one.
For the basic items of Ark idea, maybe do an entrΓ©e with Golden Chicken Nuggets as the base? Im clueless on this because I dont know many of the food items at all, just going through the data base ^^;
Some ideas to go with the nuggets:
- Blue Ravioli and fresh grated White Monster Cheese on top?
- Do a twist on Pineapple chicken by cooking the nuggets with Amazingly Juicy Pineapple and
Using them in a Bowl of Butter Chicken Curry to create Pineapple Butter Chicken?
And for a drink, I was thinking a fish bowl!! (Kiddy friendly one of course lol, just add all the Gummy Fish colors, and putting them in a Blue Energy Drink with some Blueberry Rock Candy mixed in with the gummy fish, and whip creme (cant find an item, maybe Sky Gelatin? let me know) anf finally Blueberry Cayni Cotton Candy on top of the whip creme.

Let me know if these help get your creative juices flowing!