🪺 The Nest 🪺 — Connestions #2 is Available!

in General

Nestlings, which contest would entice you to participate the most?

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 17 May 2023 at 3:13 PM

@vivian ooh I really like the gummy fish bowl idea! (I think sky gelatine could work) I’ll scour the items database and let you know if I find anything interesting!
-I think adding condiment ingredients/items would give the meal a nice touch!

Perhaps we could go for a nostalgic kind of meal theme, have the time period be set in the 90’s or early 2000’s, like lunch-ables/kid’s cuisine sort of thing, and perhaps we could use the pixelated ice cream pops in the drink or dessert.
Or maybe a fancy/gourmet restaurant theme! I feel like a theme for the meal courses would bring them together and wrap them in a nice bow!

Let me know if you have any other ideas or themes in mind!

1,976 posts

opalquinze • 17 May 2023 at 5:04 PM

@kataclysm
hey sorry bout taking a day to respond!

some EC habitats did catch my eye: Fairy World, Ocean, The Fiery Shadows (but if you have different ones that caught your interest instead, then i’m up for hearing those)

Ocean’s prob one of the more easier ones to work on with said food based of there (since idk what could possibly fit the other two i’ve listed), but i wanna know what you thought up in the meantime!

Female
166 posts

vivian • 17 May 2023 at 5:07 PM

@pastelrabbit ah yes I was hoping for some input on condiment ingredients and items ^^; Im stuck there.
I would love the nostalgic 90/00's themed food idea!! I find that this game gives me a similar nostalgia ovo
So the fish bowl is a possibility, maybe go the kid cuisine route and try to make a brownie , mac n cheese dish of some sort? Fries and a burger? Not sure! Let me know 😊

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 17 May 2023 at 6:04 PM

@vivian
I think there is a fair amount of condiment items on eggcave, like sea salt, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, different salad dressings, etc

I think we could have the gummy fish bowl drink be our beverage, something along the route of kid cuisine/lunchables for our entree. I’m not sure about the dessert yet.

Tell me if you have any ideas!

Female
361 posts

frosting • 17 May 2023 at 7:10 PM

@matcha i think either of those themes would work pretty well, maybe we can decide on one later once we think of the other components? the enchilada idea sounds good btw, i’ll let you know when i have any other ideas! 😊

Female
166 posts

vivian • 17 May 2023 at 7:20 PM

@pastelrabbit that sounds good. I have some ideas.
Drink > Fish Bowl Float
• Gummy Fish (dif colors, red green blue etc) or fish from Candy Fish River...
• Energy Drink & Blue Raspberry Smoothie blended together
• Blueberry Sky Gelatin (Blueberry Gelatin Cake Slice, White Hyacine Ice Cream blended into a thick ice cream)
Entrée > Ark Fried Chicken Bowl
• Golden Chicken Nuggets (with Tiger Bread Loaf crumb coating, Egg)
• Maze Maize (shucked & cooked)
• Red Bowl of Mashed Potatoes
• Ranch Dressing? (Or other sauce since we dont have gravy)

Not rly sure on dessert.. were you thinking of a brownie like kid cuisine or ice cream? And let me know if you like thr ideas above 😊

Male
95 posts

matcha • 17 May 2023 at 9:50 PM

@frosting Yep sounds good! I'll still be looking for ingredients as well!

I also thought it would be fun to try to incorporate both our names into it. Like use matcha frosting for the dessert or maybe we could have regular frosting and have a matcha drink or something. What you think?

Female
93 posts

astralrebel • 17 May 2023 at 10:03 PM

@mastergemma I love that we're on the same page. Let's start by nailing down the entrée? I also love spinach for my salads. Do you think there's spinach in the yellow mixed flower salad? If so we can use that! Otherwise we could use both the greens and the big slices of tomato in the Tomato Salad. Then we need big slices of mozzarella, which I don't see anything like that. Instead we could use slices of White Monster Cheese? For the leaves of basil in caprese I see some on the side of Plain Spaghetti. The balsamic vinaigrette sauce is the one thing really stumping me, it's not exactly the right color/kind but we could fall back on the Vinaigrette Dressing?

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 18 May 2023 at 5:07 AM

@toebeans Okay, so after seeing @daisycat's example post I believe that we were doing this completely wrong LOL. So I think now we just come up with a name for an beverage item first and then grab a bunch of random items that we could have used to create it?

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 18 May 2023 at 6:17 AM

@chaotictreat
so sorry for the late reply!! hella busy w essay writing :')
i actually LOVE the idea of following an ocean theme! we can do that :0

first thing that pops into my head is using cookie crumble / croutons and other bready / cookie things to mimic sand at the beach 👀

we could do a beachy tropical thing with oranges and yellows and blues!

edit:
on second thought, maybe we could also come up with something else... (i see some people considering doing something ocean-themed as well xD)

some ideas!
- something fancy? like a fancy dinner party?
- winter wonderland? or otherwise snowy and christmasy, focus would be on white-coloured / festive things

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 18 May 2023 at 9:25 AM

@astralrebel
I think the leaves are spinach in that, I wouldn't have a clue what else they could be. I would happy lock it in if you are comfortable with that.

So spinach from the yellow mixed flower salad,
Tomato from the Tomato salad
Cheeeeese Gromit from the white monster cheese
And vinaigrette dressing for the dressing because I think we can sweet talk our way through this one.
I would be happy with that for the entree.

We can also have the leftover flowers as little decorations for any of the dishes we make too.
Are you leaning towards the deconstructed strawberry short cake or coconut something more?

For the beverage I do want to do something a little silly like melt XYZ icecreams

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 18 May 2023 at 9:51 AM

@nest
perhaps a strange question, but i was wondering if books could be incorporated into our recipes?

125 posts

nest • 18 May 2023 at 10:01 AM

@froot

Hi Froot,

Yes! Books can be incorporated into your recipes if you wish. 😊

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 18 May 2023 at 10:08 AM

neat! thanks ^-^

Female
93 posts

astralrebel • 18 May 2023 at 10:35 AM

@mastergemma

Perfect, I love it! Let's lock in the entrée.

Could we use those flowers for garnish on the drink we end up with?

As for coconut vs. strawberry I was leaning more coconut and thought maybe a coconut tiramisu would be summery + match the Italian vibe of the caprese salad? We would just need "lady fingers", cream + lemon to make mascarpone, coffee, coconut, and potentially black rum (could leave that out I think).

We could use Levitating Sponge With Cream for the lady fingers + cream. Lemons from Roasted Lamb with Lemons (may be a better option that doesn't waste a whole lamb out there, perhaps one of the lemonade stand travels?) Then Cup of Coconut Coffee for the coconut coffee in the dish, and then shavings of coconut topping from the cup of the coffee?

I'm super excited to hear your ideas on a fun, ice cream based drink or something!

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 18 May 2023 at 3:26 PM

@vivian I like the theme you’ve got so far! I like how these meals feel like something that would be eaten in ark!

Perhaps we could use the cake bar, bread roll, or Swiss roll items on eggcave for dessert.

Here’s an idea I have for the dessert
Dessert idea 1 > Triple nutty chocolate cake bar,
With the [url= https://eggcave.com/items/chocolate-cake-bar ] Chocolate cake bar [/url] as the base, with a melted [url= https://eggcave.com/items/dark-spring-chocolate-bar ] dark spring bar [/url] as a sort of crunchy shell, and [url= https://eggcave.com/items/chocolate-covered-nut ] chocolate covered nuts [/url]
Sprinkled on top. (And a little whipped cream from the sky gelatin on top!)

Let me know if you’ve got any ideas, or if you’d like to see my other ideas for desserts I’ve got!

Female
166 posts

vivian • 18 May 2023 at 3:31 PM

I think that is perfect! Maybe Ill take the sky gelatin out of the drink, but I was wondering whether to use all the gummy fish items or just using the candy fish river fish? Let me know! @pastelrabbit
Otherwise I kinda like it so far, not sure what else to add.. ^^

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 18 May 2023 at 3:38 PM

@vivian I think we should use all the different colours of gummy fish for the drink, to give everyone the idea that the drink is very colourful and kiddy! (Perhaps we could have a plain fish cracker on the side of the drink or something)

Ooh perhaps the nut triple chocolate bar could have a small chocolate dipped strawberry on top of the whipped cream as well. I feel like the theme here for the meal is to have a kiddy feel to it.

I think we should work on the entree and we can go back and review the other courses.

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 18 May 2023 at 3:56 PM

@opalquinze

No need to apologise at all!! I think we may have some timezone shenanigans here making it a little harder, but not to worry.

I also particularly vibe with the ocean and the fantasical elements of Fairy World and The Fiery Shadows. I've cobbled together some rough ideas, and if we can refine them/name them/add new items before the due date, I think we're in with a shot!

- Fairy World Theme
-- Starter: Name TBA - {Savory Iced Cinnamon Rolls, served with intent to dip in Egg Drop Soup.
-- Main: Name TBA - {((I really struggled with this one, thinking some kind of iridescent salad/platter??))}
-- Dessert: Enchanted Cake Pops - {Daffodil Cake Pops, drizzled with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Flavored Syrup, topped with 'fairy skirts' of Cayni Cotton Candy}

- Ocean Theme
-- Starter: Name TBA - {Seashell shaped Dumplings swimming in a bed of blue (savory) Sky Gelatin, complete with mini-bites of Smoked Salmon}
-- Main: Name TBA - {Inspired by the Dragon Roll, the Shark Roll resembles its namesake from carefully crafted sushi. Served with Green Tea and an additional side salad, featuring Tiger Bread Loaf croutons.}
-- Dessert: Name TBA - {Sea Salt and Vanilla Flavored Syrup infused Macarons on a bed of Lemon Cake Bar crumbs, to resemble sand at the beach.[/i]

- TFS Theme
-- Starter: God help me I am struggling with this theme lmfao let me know if you have anything in mind for any of these!
-- Main:
-- Dessert: Name TBA - {An indulgent Opera Cake utilising Rainbow Fudge Cake and Rainbow Vanilla Cake, washed down with a glass of Black Lucky Coffee and served on a bed of Black Roses (Vleermus Stage 1).

That's a LOTTA WORDS, but by all means edit/add/delete as you see fit! I think this is a fairly solid starting point!

(Also, no, I'm not imagining submitting three 3course meals ((unless you want to)) but we could pick/choose as we see fit!)

Female
166 posts

vivian • 18 May 2023 at 4:10 PM

@pastelrabbit sounds good to me!
So the Ark Fried Chicken Bowl would be the entree, maybe we could use ranch dressing? Or use gravy from another item?

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 18 May 2023 at 4:21 PM

@vivian I think we should add some peas and carrots (from the roast chicken meal) to the ark fried chicken bowl and we could add some broccoli too.

I think we should use gravy from another item. (Personally I’m not really a fan of ranch XD)

Female
166 posts

vivian • 18 May 2023 at 4:25 PM

@pastelrabbit
Sounds good! So peas and carrots from the roast chicken meal to go with the corn (its based on a KFC Bowl though so idk about adding much other vegetables)
Yeah, we could use gravy from the roast chicken meal as well to be honest, because there is gravy on it!

Trans Male
100 posts

toebeans • 18 May 2023 at 5:20 PM

@bunnyshadow

No idea but my wifi has been out for like 2 days....I'm so sorry, I HOPEFULLY will be on for a very long time to be a better partner in a few hours...

I'm at a library right now ❤️

Female
2,557 posts

dragrawr • 18 May 2023 at 5:30 PM

@xxcouchxx Hey partner!! Have you got any ideas you'd like to share? I have a Jurassic-theme in mind, but I wanna hear what youve got!

Female
584 posts

xxcouchxx • 18 May 2023 at 7:34 PM

@dragrawr

Jurassic sounds good. I pinged you earlier maybe you didn't see it, I also suggested a coffee drink. We can do something else though if you had something in mind. That was the only idea I have so far.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 18 May 2023 at 7:40 PM

@toebeans Alright! I think we should come with a name for a beverage item first and then you can collect items to create the recipe? The next meal item you can decide then I'll grab some items to make a recipe.

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 18 May 2023 at 7:46 PM

@vivian sure we could use the gravy from the roast chicken meal! I think we could use just the peas and gravy from the roast chicken meal for our ark fried chicken bowl!

I looked at the kfc chicken bowl and i see that there’s what seems to be shredded cheese on top, I wonder if there’s a cheese item on eggcave

Female
166 posts

vivian • 18 May 2023 at 7:48 PM

@pastelrabbit We could use grated Monster Cheese, as the nest did in an example. 😃
That sounds really good!
Is there anything else you'd like to add to the entree or dessert? 😊

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 18 May 2023 at 7:57 PM

@vivian I have another idea for dessert, if we are still going for a childhood/nostalgia theme we could try replicating “cosmic brownies”
With the https://eggcave.com/items/brownies item as a base, dark chocolate/milk chocolate spring bar melted to make the sort of chocolate frosting perhaps (tell me if you have a better idea on how to do this) And the sprinkles from the https://eggcave.com/items/fairy-bread on top of some other rainbow candies?

Maybe we could have a hybrid of this idea and the previous one?

Female
166 posts

vivian • 18 May 2023 at 8:05 PM

@pastelrabbit amazing! I was thinking of adding a cosmic brownie twist to the original idea. You're starting to read my mind! xD
Yes! Spring chocolate bar and some of the sky gelatin to create the chocolate ganache on top,
And maybe use Chocolate Cherry Cookie chips coated with melted fairy bread sprinkles as the colored chocolate chips? 😊
Hope you like this idea 😊