πŸͺΊ The Nest πŸͺΊ β€” New Poll!

in General

Nestlings, which of these activities are you interested in the most?

Female
178 posts

pastelrabbit • 19 May 2023 at 9:22 PM

@vivian yep! Sounds good!

Female
166 posts

vivian • 19 May 2023 at 9:45 PM

~ Recipeep Rumble Entry : @vivian ~
Partner: @pastelrabbit
Meal Name: Memory Lane
Beverage Recipe: 🐠 Fish Bowl Float 🐠
🫧 First, we add Amethyst Ice Cream and Ruby Ice Cream for the colored rocks at the bottom of the glass. Then, we add a Scoop of Blueberry Ice Cream Cone. Using Blue Energy Drink as a base, we add various colors of Gummy Fish to swim in the "bowl"; Blueberry, Cherry, Lime, and Tangerine! Finally, we add a spritz of Purple Bubbles to make the fish float!
🫧 It is a sweet and tasty drink that brings a smile to your face.

Entree Recipe: πŸ— Ark Fried Chicken (AFC) Loaded Bowl πŸ—
πŸ”΄ We start with hand tossed Golden Chicken Nuggets, coated in
beaten Egg, then tossed in Tiger Bread Loaf crumbs.
πŸ”΄Then, we take the Red Roast Chicken Meal and mash the potatoes into Red Bowl of Mashed Potatoes, as well as adding the fresh peas, chicken nuggets, and homemade gravy. In addition, Maze Maize is shucked & cooked to add on top.
πŸ—This fast food dish seems familiar. The 27 herbs and spices on the nuggets are a secret! πŸ˜‰

Dessert Recipe:🍩 Cosmic Cake Bar 🍩
🍫 Starting simple but delicious with Brownies, made with Egg , Flour fresh from the Wheat Fields , and Chocolate Cake Bar as a base. Then, we melt a Milk Chocolate Spring Bar with some Orange Sky Gelatin to create the ganache to frost the bars with.
🍫 Melted sprinkles from the Fairy Bread create the candy coating for the chocolate chips from Chocolate Cherry Cookie, which are dipped in the fairy bread sprinkle coating and sprinkled on top of the Cosmic Cake Bars.
🍩 This dessert reminds you of simpler times. They are perfectly fudgy & sweet!

~ Thank you for this opportunity. I loved working with @pastelrabbit to make these adorable recipes! ~
@nest

Female
1,313 posts

daisycat • 19 May 2023 at 10:14 PM

@vivian @pastelrabbit
Ooh I'm picturing this meal in my mind, and it looks so fun and inviting! The brownies with the Orange Sky Gelatin -- so perfect because orange and chocolate are SO GOOD together! And I love the AFC play on KFC (especially cool cuz A and K sound the same). I think the recipe for the drink may be my favorite. Superb work, Pastel and Viv! 😊

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 19 May 2023 at 11:52 PM

@chaotictreat

omg! just came up with the weirdest idea ever. what if we did a flippity-flop meal with a halloween theme? who says we can't have dessert for dinner??

for the main course i was thinking of a reverse dessert platter

this would consist of: spaghetti "cupcakes", steak cake (omg "stake"), and savoury doughnuts!!

spaghetti cupcakes:
spaghetti and eyeballs served in the baking cup of the candy corn cupcake, add some volcano sauce for that extra fiery kick!

stake:
savoury bread from the fish burger as a cake base, couldn't find bbq sauce so we can steal some from bbq sauce heart shaped pizza, give it a bed of french fries from the unhappy meal, layer on the grilled pepper chickentop it off with marinara sauce from spaghetti marinara

savoury doughnuts:
dough using flour from wheat fields, sugar from original sugar glass just to activate the yeast (idk where we'd get this from but no matter), warm water, some salt and some chopped cucumber and carrot for some extra colour, flavour and nutrition
mould them into doughnut circles and bake ^-^
afterwards we could "glaze" it with some melted monster cheese :]

we could serve our beverage in a cauldron OUO

dessert could be a pizza!

i'm thinking a pizza but with chocolate sauce and an assortment of candies as toppings.

haven't got the time to fully flesh this out but i hope this gives you some ideas! feel free to make any changes to the stuff i've done so far ^-^

133 posts

nest • 20 May 2023 at 12:00 AM

πŸŽ‚ Happy Birthday, Murfijs! πŸŽ‚

May 20th is @murfijs's birthday!

Feel free to wish Murfijs a Happy Birthday or send a birthday gift!

Murfijs's favorite items are Suspicious Flypops and her favorite creature is a Furrep, so Furrep Keychains could also be a great gift!

πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸŽˆπŸŽπŸŽŠ

Female
2,001 posts

chaotictreat • 20 May 2023 at 12:07 AM

@froot i am soso sorry ive been so busybusy

im struggling to understand what you mean with the whole theme and stuff, it seems like youve put a lot of thought into the stuff youve done but i just dont understand the idea behind it? also how come we have three mains and no entree, afaik we don't need any main just an entree, beverage, and dessert?

also im concerned that if we did savoury things for dessert and dessert for entree it might get us like. disqualified or smth X D

id love to use some of those ideas tho i just am trying to think of what exactly your idea is with the theme?

i was thinking smth like purple or fruit could be quite cool bc it'd like match us yk... purple fruit? idk lmao
(it would also be a lot easier to find ingredients that match : P )

Female
1,313 posts

daisycat • 20 May 2023 at 12:08 AM

@froot
Okay I LOVE your spaghetti cupcake idea because I made those like ten years ago!!! *o* I have to tell you and show you. x) I baked the spaghetti in a cupcake pan, but without papers, then added homemade sauce for "frosting", parmesan cheese for "sprinkles", and made veggie meatballs for "cherries". They are soo good and have made a few times since. A fun way to eat spaghetti every now and then!

Here's a photo I took of them: https://ibb.co/PQvY23Z 😊

Edit:
@chaotictreat
Lol that won't get you disqualified. ^^'

Again (to anyone reading), please feel free to ask if you have any concerns or questions, no need to assume or worry! 😊

Female
2,001 posts

chaotictreat • 20 May 2023 at 12:43 AM

@froot
OOH wait i see what you mean now. savoury foods for main but in "sweet food" shape/format/style? and vice versa for dessert? smort : O
only thing is im still not suuuper keen on the halloween theme, would it be ok if we just went with the flipperoo thing and kinda. ditched the 'ween? or we could change halloween to smth else that we both like, eg uh. purple idk. do you like purple? :")
i do really like the spaghetti cupcakes and savoury doughnuts, although i may suggest a few changes to the recipes if you gimme a min!
dessert pizzas are one of my fav things to make irl so im toootally on bored with that one, ill have a look for some items we can use
still no idea for beverage, thats why i thought maybe instead of getting rid of the extra ween theme altogether we could just change it to smth else? since the flip doesn't really help with the drink idea, i feel like we need smth else to base it on : D

@daisycat
lmao ty for clarify, also those look so yum i wanna make them now

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 20 May 2023 at 12:56 AM

@chaotictreat
yay i’m so glad you get it
honestly i don’t care much for the theme, that was just off the top of my head xD
those were rough ideas so you can just change and add whatever you see fit ^-^

also @/daisycat holy heck those look SO GOOD. drooling

Male
95 posts

matcha • 20 May 2023 at 2:18 AM

@frosting Awesome! I love your ideas! A match-a made in heaven is perfect!

Sorry I took so long to respond ^^'

For the somen: as you said, make the noodles out of the Wheat Stalks trinket and St. Patrick's Iced Matcha and then we could have a nutty dipping sauce using the unagi sauce from the Eel Roll and nuts from Bucket Of Nuts (I had walnuts in mind but it could be peanuts as well). We could add Salmon Sashimi as well but I don't think it needs it. What do you think?

Love the dessert!

Should the drink just be a matcha latte? We could use the Matcha Flower Tea and then we're using all three matcha items! Then the Bottle of Milk (Clowver Stage 1) for the milk. I'll leave it up to you if you think it should be sweetened or not (we could use something like Original Sugar Glass)

Also, should we come up with names for the entree, drink, and dessert? Luckily we already got a great meal name 😊

Female
2,001 posts

chaotictreat • 20 May 2023 at 3:01 AM

@froot
pizza!
base from cheese pizza
but instead of tomato sauce & cheese we have chocolate sauce from affogato
top it with candied pumpkin, lime gummy burgers - to look like spinach, pepper, or zucchini(?), some candy corn from the wall, and some white candy egg mushrooms. also maybe some thin slices of candied apple?
could also add some melted marshmallows on top like cheese??

spag cupcake changes:
plain spaghetti instead (no eyeballs pls i would cry). plainer baking cup from smth like this one or this classic. we could make our own icing (sauce) using tomatoes from the tomato sandwich and some of these funky-lookin oregano leaves
then top with some mini meatball decorations (made out of mince) and perhaps some grated monster cheese?

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 20 May 2023 at 4:09 AM

@chaotictreat

I LOVE IT!! it's really starting to shape up :α΄…
when we finalise it i could try to sketch something for a clearer picture!

we've still got to think about the beverage... maybe we could serve it in something weird

Female
2,001 posts

chaotictreat • 20 May 2023 at 5:41 AM

@froot
milkshake milkshake !
use the milk from this and plenty of purple ice cream : D
then put it in ateapot to confuse people >: D
for extra authenticity, you can hang the teabag tag from this cup of tea over the side
so you think you're about to pour yourself a nice cup of tea and instead TADAA SPARKLY PURPLE MILKSHAKE
whatchu think? : 3

Female
361 posts

frosting • 20 May 2023 at 5:50 AM

@matcha no worries! i also took kind of long to reply last time lol
these ideas all sound great! yeah as you said i don't think the entree really needs the salmon. the walnut sauce thing though is something i would gladly eat irl xD

as for the drink, we could probably get away with not adding a sweetener? we could add black/honey lucky coffee instead though, lmk what you think!

names for the dishes would be pretty neat but im blanking on them rn, should we just make them bad puns to go with the meal name? like a whole latte love for the drink or something (idk πŸ’€πŸ’€)?? other than that though i think this is coming along really nicely!!

133 posts

nest • 20 May 2023 at 10:30 AM

🐀πŸ₯🐣
Free Bird Bundle Winner

Hello Nestlings!

A random Nestling has been selected to receive 20 free items!

@hfjone

Congratulations, Vee! Please offer one item on the Free Bird Bundle.
The item you offer will be returned to you. 😊

Free Bird Bundle Update
All future Free Bird Bundle winner announcements will be posted via the Guild Forum only. There will no longer be private messages sent out regarding weekly Free Bird Bundle winners.

Free Bird Bundle winners are chosen via ohmyluck.com/raffle-generator
Previous Winners:
kiwimagno, distorted, lunacharm1037, sodabearjess, pastelrabbit, vivian, awesomesaucethegreat, frosting, ahgirltc

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 20 May 2023 at 10:56 AM

@chaotictreat YES YES YES it's PERFECT!!! WOO

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 20 May 2023 at 11:57 AM

@opalquinze
how does this look for our submission?? I figured we'd use the TFS appetiser you thought up, slap it with the ocean main and round off with a fairy world dessert! Maybe the overarching theme for the meal could be 'Travelling The Realms'?

If we don't catch one another to confer, I'll submit this later on in the day so we don't miss the deadline! If you want to amend anything and submit it before then, do feel free to do so without my permission! I trust your creative instinct and I don't want you to be kept waiting on me when timezones are working against us.

Starter:
Demon's Eye
- Half of a Deviled Egg, filled with White Monster Cheese and an artful application of sun-dried Tomato (Sandwich) Slices to fulfill the eyeball illusion. A single dark olive forms the pupil, and is accompanied by a salad of Celery with Peanut Butter.

Main:
Tame The Dragon
- Inspired by the Dragon Roll, the Shark Roll resembles its namesake from carefully crafted sushi. Served with Green Tea and an additional side salad, featuring Tiger Bread Loaf croutons.

Dessert:
Enchanted Cake Pops
- Daffodil Cake Pops, drizzled with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Flavored Syrup, topped with 'fairy skirts' of Cayni Cotton Candy.

2,004 posts

opalquinze • 20 May 2023 at 1:30 PM

@kataclysm
this submission gets a yes from me! i love the overarching theme name you came up for our meal!

real sorry if on my end i couldn’t come up with much, so how bout you submit this later today? β€˜fraid i can’t come up with anything else for the others

Male
95 posts

matcha • 20 May 2023 at 4:38 PM

@frosting I agree! This is coming along nicely 😊
Agreed no sweetener, maybe we can just use the whipped cream from the Lucky Coffee to top off the matcha?
Love the bad puns idea! Unfortunately I'm way worse at coming up with them as you are ^^' I'll keep trying and reply if I think of any!

Here's a rough draft of what we got so far:

A Match-a Made in Heaven

Drink - A Whole Latte Love (matcha latte)
Matcha Flower Tea
Milk from: Bottle of Milk
Whipped cream from: Lucky Coffee

Entree - Heavenly Noodles (matcha somen noodles)
Noodles made with:
-Wheat from: Wheat Stalks (Pumpkid Stage 4)
-Matcha tea from: St Patrick's Iced Matcha
Sauce made with:
-Unagi sauce from: Eel Roll
-Walnuts from: Bucket Of Nuts

Dessert - Smitten for Tea Cake (frosted matcha cake)
Cake from: White Winter New Year Cake
Frosting made with:
-Filling from: Depressing Matcha Pie
-White chocolate from: White Chocolate Smitten Smore

Hopefully one of us can think some names and I think we're good! (So sorry I haven't come up with a single name so far hehe... ^^' )

Should we remove the St Patrick's Iced Matcha from the noodles and replace with Heavenly Light?

Edit: Tried to come up with names for the entree and dessert, feel free to change!

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 20 May 2023 at 4:50 PM

@opalquinze submitting now!
+ Don't worry about it, I loved your submissions!! I'd be thrilled if we ever get paired up for any future contests. β™₯️β™₯️

--@nest submission ahoy!

Partner: @opalquinze
Meal Name: Traversing the Realms, an adventurous meal featuring tantalising cuisines from Fairy World, the Ocean, and The Fiery Shadows! ✨

Side note: realising belatedly that we went entree/main/dessert and neglected to do a beverage. Hopefully y'all don't disqualify us, we did our best lmfao.

Entree Recipe:
Demon's Eye
- Half of a Deviled Egg, filled with White Monster Cheese and an artful application of sun-dried Tomato (Sandwich) Slices to fulfill the eyeball illusion. A single dark olive forms the pupil, and is accompanied by a salad of Celery with Peanut Butter.
Main Recipe:
Tame The Dragon
- Inspired by the Dragon Roll, the Shark Roll resembles its namesake from carefully crafted sushi. Served with Green Tea and an additional side salad, featuring Tiger Bread Loaf croutons.
Dessert Recipe:
Enchanted Cake Pops
- Daffodil Cake Pops, drizzled with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Flavored Syrup, topped with 'fairy skirts' of Cayni Cotton Candy.

Female
584 posts

xxcouchxx • 20 May 2023 at 4:58 PM

@dragrawr

Hey fwend, I've been looking at desserts for our last item and came up with this option:

Earthquake Cookies combined with Chocolate Cream Globe Cake and Asteroid Impact to make.. Asteroid Earthquake Cake! I didn't see anything directly jurassic themed, so I playeed with the idea of the last extinction XP I also emailed nest about the travel because it's not food themed.. and the bakery nor Finley's Flavors had any asteroid items. :/

133 posts

nest • 20 May 2023 at 11:09 PM

Regarding Couch's post above, everyone is welcome to use non-food items. 😊

Also, if any Nestlings are looking for a food asteroid item, feel free to use Asteroid Gobstoppers!

Female
547 posts

levine • 21 May 2023 at 12:07 AM

@musicgurl333
hiyaaa
here's a draft of the beverage n dessert (the names r temporary so we can change them later haha)! im starting to brainstorm some egg related entrees for our cave themed entree πŸ˜‹

Beverage: Leila Oasis blueberry lemonade

Blend chilled water (from mug of hot water) with blueberries from blueberry pie slice and lemon juice from fancy lemon tea. Add a two spoonfulls of honey (or however many you like ❀️ ) from honey snow ice cream cup, mix well and chill. Finally, add some grass leaves from grass sundae as garnish to mimic the cactii and plants surrounding the oasis! ( i feel like we can combine this with the fake desert oasis travel but im not sure how.... any ideas?)

Dessert: Mysterious Asteroid Lava Cake

A round chocolate lava cake, with a nut crumble crust from bucket of nuts, drizzled lightly with caramel from caramel drizzeled pumpkin seeds, dotted with orange icing from the fire antler biscuit. This β€œasteroid” will be placed on the grass-themed plate of the Lemon Spring Cake to best resemble the location of the real asteroid!

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 21 May 2023 at 12:20 AM

@astralrebel
Lemonade Stand would be a better option with less wastage πŸ˜‰

I'm also happy with Levitating Sponge With Cream and Cup of Coconut Coffee. With Lemonade Stand that should be all for the desert unless I'm missing something?

I feel that Red snow cone mountain, the leftover flowers, Berry Sorbet Strawbearry Ice Cream would make a fitting slushie-like drink to fit with our summery theme.

133 posts

nest • 21 May 2023 at 12:27 AM

⭐ Update to Recipeep Rumble Deadline ⭐

The deadline to post entries in the Guild Forum has been changed from tonight at 11:59 PM ECT to May 22nd at 11:59 PM ECT. You now have 48 more hours to work on and submit your entries, versus 24.

🐣
"I hope this extra time helps!"

Voting will begin Tuesday, May 23rd.

Thank you!

Female
2,566 posts

dragrawr • 21 May 2023 at 1:02 AM

@xxcouchxx stop thats literally hilarious!! I love it.

So far im thinking (for the entree) it could have extra crispy bacon, potatoes shaped like dinosaur eggs, and maybe two green dragon meat items (forming the legs of a dinosaur), with golden potato wedges (claws)? Olives for eyes?

Female
361 posts

frosting • 21 May 2023 at 8:39 AM

@matcha awesome thanks sm for compiling everything! love the names Λ†α—œΛ†
i took the liberty of editing your draft for a final entry (feel free to check and change anything :])

Recipeep Rumble Final Entry
Partner: @matcha
Meal Name: A Match-a Made in Heaven

Beverage Recipe: A Whole Latte Love
A matcha latte made using a Matcha Flower Tea base, milk from Bottle of Milk (Clowver Stage 1) and garnished with whipped cream from Honey Lucky Coffee.

Entree Recipe: Heavenly Noodles
Somen noodles made with flour from wheat harvested from Wheat Stalks (Pumpkid Stage 4) and a Cup of Hot Water under Heavenly Light. Served with a dipping sauce made of unagi sauce from Eel Roll and walnuts from Bucket Of Nuts.

Dessert Recipe: Smitten for Tea Cake
White Winter New Year Cake with Depressing Matcha Pie filling, frosted with Whipped Cream (Nunny Stage 1) and decorated with crushed graham crackers, white chocolate and marshmallow from a White Chocolate Smitten Smore.

Male
95 posts

matcha • 21 May 2023 at 10:50 AM

@frosting Awesome! Looks perfect! Thank you! 😊

Let's use your post as the final entry then (you're still free to make changes of course).

It was fun working with you on this 😊

Female
361 posts

frosting • 21 May 2023 at 12:09 PM

@matcha alright, let’s go with that post then! i had a blast coming up with ideas with you 😊

Female
93 posts

astralrebel • 21 May 2023 at 5:34 PM

@mastergemma yes, I think you got it right! I love your drink idea too, so fun and refreshing 😊 How do you feel about naming? I'm not as creative when it comes to writing, but I can come back and work on writing some desceiptions later, after I put my kiddos to bed πŸ˜€