🪺 The Nest 🪺 — New Poll!

in General

Nestlings, which of these activities are you interested in the most?

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 21 May 2023 at 9:18 PM

@levine Sorry I've been so slow! It was a crazy weekend, but responses should be faster now! For egg dishes what about something like eggs benedict? I'll have to look up items that could work for that. Other ideas include an omelet, egg drop soup, quiche, or frittata. Let me know which one you like best, and I can find some items we could use to make it. I think the quiche might work well...we could use some kind of pie for the crust, some kind of egg item, some kind of milk or cream item, and then optional items could be something with ham, spinach, and/or cheese.

I'm also open to any other ideas! Let me know what you think! 😊

Female
547 posts

levine • 21 May 2023 at 9:37 PM

@musicgurl333
DWDW!!
ooo yes i think quiche defo would b great!! (i love quicheeee)
mm yea!! n we can decorate the quiche with different looking eggs to mimic the eggs we can adopt in the cave or smth hehe 😉

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 22 May 2023 at 12:49 AM

@levine I like that idea! I'll look around at some items we can use! Feel free to let me know if you have any ideas as well! 😊

What about a quiche with a crust made from a curry pie, and a filling made of bacon of bacon and eggs ice cream cup, which covers the egg, cream, and bacon. Then, we could use an assortment of eggs from the blue Easter egg basket to decorate the top of the quiche. Thoughts?

Female
547 posts

levine • 22 May 2023 at 4:31 AM

@musicgurl333
oooooooooo I LOVE IT!!! YES I THINK ITS PERFECT
hmmm what shld the name of our meal be? defo smth related to the eggcave places i think...🤔
sooooo rn we've got the quiche as entree, the asteroid lava cake as the dessert n oasis blueberry lemonade (i did blueberry lemonade cuz that was the only blue drink i could think of HAHA, if u wanna change it do tell me!) as the drink? is that good with uuu :>

ooo idea for the quiche: shld we use a green salad or smth else green to decorate the quiche? cuz i notice the cave is pretty green n plant surrounded hehe

Female
2,030 posts

chaotictreat • 22 May 2023 at 4:46 AM

Partner - @froot
Meal name - Opposite day

Beverage - Mystearious drink

Oh wonderful, a nice cup of tea... Goodness! What is this? Sparkly purple milkshake??

Blend fresh milk and purple ice cream until thick and smooth. Serve in a teapot with a teabag over the side for extra confusion!

Main course - Dessert platter
Some tasty "sweet" treats!

Spaghetti "cupcakes":
Cooked spaghetti, served in a baking cup. Topped with homemade sauce "icing" made with tomatoes and oregano leaves, as well as some decorations: grated cheese "sprinkles", and miniature meatballs (made out of mince).

Stake (steak "cake"):
Savoury bread as a cake base, on a bed of french fries. Put some barbeque sauce in between layers, then layer on the steak, charcoal-grilled to perfection, and finally top it off with a bit of marinara sauce.

Savoury "doughnuts":
Mix and prove the dough - made out of flour, a small amount of sugar to activate the yeast, warm water, and salt. Also mix in some chopped cucumber and carrot for some extra colour, flavour and nutrition. Mould them into doughnut circles and bake, then "glaze" with some melted cheese!

Dessert
Pizza! Strangely... sweet... pizza...

Use a premade pizza base, but instead of tomato sauce and cheese, cover with chocolate sauce. Top with candied pumpkin, lime gummy "spinach", some candy corn, some white candy "mushrooms", and thin slices of candied apple. Finally, cover with melted marshmallow "cheese".

@froot how does this look? if nothing needs changing we can use this as the final entry otherwise lmk what you want different 😃

Female
547 posts

levine • 22 May 2023 at 8:23 AM

@musicgurl333
hmm so rn we hv:

Entree: The Cave (quiche)
Quiche with a crust made from a Curry Pie, and a filling made of bacon, cream and eggs from the Bacon and Eggs Ice Cream Cup. The quiche surface is decorated with an assortment of eggs from the Blue Easter egg Basket, and adorned with green leaves from the Green Salad, just like how plants and vines surround the Cave.

Beverage: Leila Oasis (blueberry lemonade)
Blend chilled water (from mug of hot water) with blueberries from blueberry pie slice and lemon juice from fancy lemon tea. Add a two spoonfuls of honey (or however many you like c: ) from honey snow ice cream cup, mix well and chill. Finally, add some edible grass leaves from grass sundae as garnish to mimic the cacti and plants surrounding the Leila Oasis!

Dessert: Mysterious Asteroid (lava cake)
A round "Chocolate Lava Cake", with a nut crumble crust from "Bucket of Nuts", drizzled lightly with caramel from "Caramel Drizzled Pumpkin Seeds", dotted with orange icing from the "Fire Antler Biscuit". This “asteroid” will be placed on the grass-themed plate of the "Lemon Spring Cake" to best resemble the location of the real asteroid!

its getting a bit late where i am, so if u think this is good could u pls submit it for us :> TYSMMM!! (also help what shld we call our meal? im rlly bad with names T-T)

Female
1,513 posts

froot • 22 May 2023 at 8:37 AM

@chaotictreat

looks lovely! i can code in some colours if you'd like :0

Female
584 posts

xxcouchxx • 22 May 2023 at 10:30 AM

@dragrawr

Sorry for late reply I didn't see your post in here X_X Your idea sounds great! As nest pointed out, there are asteroid gobstoppers! So we may as well use those instead of the travel for the dessert since it's a food item. So.. we may be done here other than a name for your entree! Let me know and then we can make the final post 😃

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 22 May 2023 at 11:55 AM

@levine I think that sounds good! I'm not good with names either. Maybe Egg Cave World Tour, or something like that? Any other last minute ideas before I submit?

Female
2,578 posts

dragrawr • 22 May 2023 at 2:01 PM

@xxcouchxx we could call it the Jurassic journey ! You drink the Cretaceous beverage, and then the Jurassic entree- then bam he Asteroid dessert !!

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 22 May 2023 at 2:59 PM

Recipeep Rumble Final Entry
Partner: @levine
Meal Name: Egg Cave World Tour

Beverage Recipe:
Leila Oasis (blueberry lemonade)
Take one mug of hot water) and allow it to chill. Blend with blueberries from blueberry pie slice and lemon juice from fancy lemon tea. Add two spoonfuls of honey (or however many you like c: ) from honey snow ice cream cup. Mix well and chill. Finally, add some edible grass leaves from grass sundae as garnish to mimic the cacti and plants surrounding the Leila Oasis. The result is a refreshing blue lemonade that mirrors the waters of the oasis, and is just the right amount of tart and sweet!

Entree Recipe: Egg Cave Quiche
This delicious quiche starts with a crust made from a Curry Pie, and a filling made of bacon, cream and eggs from the Bacon and Eggs Ice Cream Cup. The quiche surface is decorated with an assortment of eggs from the Blue Easter egg Basket, and adorned with green leaves from the Green Salad. The only thing more exciting than finding a new monthly egg in the cave, is biting into this mouth watering quiche!

Dessert Recipe: Mysterious Asteroid (lava cake)
The base of this delectable dessert is a Chocolate Lava Cake, topped with a nut crumble crust from Bucket of Nuts, and drizzled lightly with caramel from Caramel Drizzled Pumpkin Seeds. Some dots of orange icing from Fire Antler Biscuit give it that fresh asteroid glow. This “asteroid” will be placed on the grass-themed plate of the Lemon Spring Cake to best resemble the location of the real asteroid! This is the hottest new dessert item in egg cave, and you'll be sure to love it!

Female
584 posts

xxcouchxx • 22 May 2023 at 3:48 PM

@dragrawr

Great! Ok, how does this look?

Beverage recipe: Colorful Cretaceous Coffee
A beauty indeed, our coffee combines two main players of the Cretaceous period, the T-Rex and Triceratops. Don't let the rainbow color underneath the cream dinosaur designs fool you, as this coffee is actually hazelnut flavored.

Entree recipe:

Dessert recipe: Asteroid Earthquake cake
Who can resist a delictable cake featuring a creamy chocolate base with marshmallow currents of flavor throughout? At the interior your taste buds will surprise you with a spicy kick from an intense asteroid gobstopper. End your meal's journey as the dinosaurs did... with a bang!

I left the entree open for you. After yours is done feel free to submit the final as I'm not sure if I'll be on my computer later today to do more editing. This was fun! 😃

Female
93 posts

astralrebel • 22 May 2023 at 4:17 PM

@mastergemma Okay how does this all sound? I'd love input on naming especially, I feel I don't excel in that area >.<

Meal Name: Summer Three Ways

Berry Berry "Creamie"
Ice cream or slushie? A question that has haunted children for generations. With this beverage we dare you to ask "why not both?" Iconic red snow cone (from red snow cone mountain) meets berry ice cream (from berry sorbet strawbearry ice cream) to create a red and white swirl of sweet refreshment. Served in a tall, skinny, cylindrical glass and garnished with beautiful wild flowers (from yellow mixed flower salad), this drink will leave even the most jaded feeling carefree and spry.

Crispy Caprese Salad
Lazy summer days are what have us looking forward to summertime each year. Nothing embodies those good vibes more than this easy going take on caprese salad. Large slices of aromatic white monster cheese and juicy tomato (from tomato salad) are layered over a fresh bed of crispy spinach (also from the yellow mixed flower salad), and finished with a drizzle of tangy vinaigrette dressing.

Tropical Tiramisu
Just one bite of our tropical tiramisu will transport you poolside. A short, cylindrical crystal bowl shows off layers of crispy sponge cake lady fingers (from the levitating sponge with cream), that have been soaked in coconut coffee, and cream (from the same sponge cake). A dash of lemon juice, sourced from the local lemonade stand, serve to further lighten this typically rich dish. A final layer of crunchy, golden brown roasted coconut shavings (taken from the cup of coconut coffee) give the dish a complex texture profile sure to wow even the pickiest palate.

Female
2,030 posts

chaotictreat • 22 May 2023 at 6:49 PM

@froot id love colours but idk if allowed bc of the whole "text only" thing?
@daisycat thoughts?

Female
1,313 posts

daisycat • 22 May 2023 at 7:18 PM

@chaotictreat @froot
tl;dr: Colors would still be text, so that's allowed! Any formatting or emojis are okay to utilize.

Though, I do suppose there's still a benefit to be obtained there... ^^' Idk, hear me out. I just don't want users to be swayed by anything other than the actual recipes, and dolling up a post could potentially make it much more enticing. Personally, if I was doing this for a guild, I'd most likely color and format mine all special too. XD Match colors to each recipe, it would make it stand out, and I feel it represents me in that I just like to be creative and artsy -- that's just how I am and Froot is that way too. I don't want to discourage creativity from anyone with extra stuff, be it just coloring the text or adding emojis, or creating a drawing or actually making one of your recipes irl, it's just that I want it to be as streamlined and fair as possible because I high-key always wish that everyone could win lol and that I could give 1st place adjacent prizes to every participant because I appreciate their time, effort, and interest. I know making things "as fair as possible" can be difficult to do and it's always rough to say no to things. So just consider everything I've blabbed lol and please add colors if you'd like! It's still text so I think it's okay. There is a line to be drawn (lol) somewhere, and coloring text shouldn't cross that line. Thank you for asking! 😊

Female
2,578 posts

dragrawr • 22 May 2023 at 7:51 PM

@xxcouchxx this is hilarious!! I’ll do the entree during my class lol ❤️

edit- submitting final below-

Partner: @xxcouchxx

Meal Name: Dinosaur Doomsday Dinner Day!

Beverage Recipe: Colorful Cretaceous Coffee

A beauty indeed, our coffee combines two main players of the Cretaceous period, the T-Rex and Triceratops. Don't let the rainbow color underneath the cream dinosaur designs fool you, as this coffee is actually hazelnut flavored.

Entree Recipe: Jurassic Journey

Welcome... to Jurassic Park! Over here you will see beautiful previously-extinct Jurassic broccoli plants nestled within the fruits of the star-leaf trees. As you look to your right you will find a nest made of extra crispy bacon sticks that hold exquisite dinosaur eggs!. But watch out! Here comes momma T-rex!! Fit with two meaty green legs attached to a dyed-green rice body, and razor sharp potato wedge teeth and claws to boot. Her blueberry colored eye may have spotted you! Ruuuun!!!

Dessert Recipe: Asteroid Earthquake Cake

Who can resist a delectable out-of-this-world cake featuring a creamy chocolate base with marshmallow currents of flavor throughout? At the interior your taste buds will surprise you with a spicy kick from an intense asteroid gobstopper. End your meal's journey as the dinosaurs did... with a bang!

Female
4,626 posts

mastergemma • 22 May 2023 at 9:46 PM

@astralrebel
Sounds amazing! If you can set up the post for submission that would be great, my internet is unreliable right now.

Female
93 posts

astralrebel • 22 May 2023 at 10:12 PM

Partner: @mastergemma (sounds good, sorry about the internet issues ☹️ )
Meal Name: Summer Three Ways

Berry Berry "Creamie"
Ice cream or slushie? A question that has haunted children for generations. With this beverage we dare you to ask "why not both?" Iconic red snow cone (from red snow cone mountain) meets berry ice cream (from berry sorbet strawbearry ice cream) to create a red and white swirl of sweet refreshment. Served in a tall, skinny, cylindrical glass and garnished with beautiful wild flowers (from yellow mixed flower salad), this drink will leave even the most jaded feeling carefree and spry.

Crispy Caprese Salad
Lazy summer days are what have us looking forward to summertime each year. Nothing embodies those good vibes more than this easy going take on caprese salad. Large slices of aromatic white monster cheese and juicy tomato (from tomato salad) are layered over a fresh bed of crispy spinach (also from the yellow mixed flower salad), and finished with a drizzle of tangy vinaigrette dressing.

Tropical Tiramisu
Just one bite of our tropical tiramisu will transport you poolside. A short, cylindrical crystal bowl shows off layers of crispy sponge cake lady fingers (from the levitating sponge with cream), that have been soaked in coconut coffee, and cream (from the same sponge cake). A dash of lemon juice, sourced from the local lemonade stand, serve to further lighten this typically rich dish. A final layer of crunchy, golden brown roasted coconut shavings (taken from the cup of coconut coffee) give the dish a complex texture profile sure to wow even the pickiest palate.

Female
1,513 posts

froot • 22 May 2023 at 11:28 PM

@chaotictreat @daisycat
nvm then haha we can keep it as is! that'll be our final entry ^-^ ❤️

Female
166 posts

vivian • 23 May 2023 at 12:38 PM

Wow! All the entries sound absolutely delicious ♡ I don't know who to choose!

Female
54 posts

sunduck • 23 May 2023 at 1:21 PM

I love all these recipes!! Excellent work, everyone!

Memory Lane took me all the way back to my childhood and Summer Three Ways sounded so flipping refreshing.

Dino Dinner Day is also a top contender for me...

WHO DO I VOTE FOR?! The world may never know.

134 posts

nest • 24 May 2023 at 12:00 AM

🎂 Happy Birthday, Passionate! 🎂

May 24th is @passionate's birthday!

Feel free to wish Passion a Happy Birthday or send a birthday gift!

Passion's favorite items are trinket travels, travels, and food.

🎉🥳🎈🎁🎊

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 24 May 2023 at 1:42 AM

Happy birthday, @passionate!!

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 24 May 2023 at 2:11 AM

It was a very close two for me in the Rumble, but ultimately I went with which meal I would eat and enjoy more! 😊

Female
1,513 posts

froot • 24 May 2023 at 4:02 AM

so hungry now

if someone here good at cooking ever turns this stuff into a proper recipe i would LOVE to give it a go

Female
1,313 posts

daisycat • 24 May 2023 at 11:25 AM

This was definitely one of the hardest votes to make, everyone did so well! I read through everything a second time with my bf and it was so fun. 😊 Side note, conflict of interest so I won't be voting for him, even though I do adore everything about what he and Frosting created!! 💚

@froot
I'm planning (we'll see lol) on making one or two recipes from either the entire menu or from the one I voted for. If so, I'll definitely post my recipe adaptation.

Female
2,578 posts

dragrawr • 24 May 2023 at 4:48 PM

@daisycat Omg ! That would be so cool to see *o* I don't know who to vote for im stuck,,, they all sound awesome!

Female
328 posts

passionate • 24 May 2023 at 10:25 PM

@kataclysm thank you SO much!!

thank you @nest! i have no idea what's going on in the guild, so i'm gonna go back and reread to catch up lol~

edit: WOW that vote was extremely difficult to cast. i would probably try every single meal tbh, yall did amazing. aaaand now im hungry again

Female
1,513 posts

froot • 25 May 2023 at 8:35 AM

@daisycat oh my goodness yes!! i'd love to see not only the recipe but also the finished dish :0 that'd be so epic

134 posts

nest • 27 May 2023 at 1:00 PM

🐤🐥🐣
Free Bird Bundle Winner

Hello Nestlings!

A random Nestling has been selected to receive 20 free items!

@wonder404exe

Congratulations, Wonder! Please offer one item on the Free Bird Bundle.
The item you offer will be returned to you. 😊

Free Bird Bundle Reminder
All future Free Bird Bundle winner announcements will be posted via the Guild Forum only. There will no longer be private messages sent out regarding weekly Free Bird Bundle winners.

Free Bird Bundle winners are chosen via ohmyluck.com/raffle-generator
Previous Winners:
kiwimagno, distorted, lunacharm1037, sodabearjess, pastelrabbit, vivian, awesomesaucethegreat, frosting, ahgirltc, hfjone