🪺 The Nest 🪺 — Connestions #2 is Available!

in General

Nestlings, which contest would entice you to participate the most?

Female
2,557 posts

dragrawr • 18 May 2023 at 8:17 PM

@xxcouchxx ah I guess I didn’t. I got flooded with notifs recently and felt overwhelmed and must’ve forgotten

Whatever you feel like would be best I’m up to !

Female
584 posts

xxcouchxx • 18 May 2023 at 8:19 PM

@dragrawr

You're good, it happens to all of us! So I'm looking through the coffee in the items list trying to find something Jurassic theme.. do you want to work on one of the others? I will help look for the entree or dessert too, depending on how long the coffee takes me XP

Female
2,557 posts

dragrawr • 18 May 2023 at 8:27 PM

@xxcouchxx anything dinosaur like could work for the entree and dessert but definitely harder for beverage, I can get started on the entree

I think maybe something with meat. With a side of seasoned roasted potatoes, shaped like dinosaurs eggs maybe??

Female
584 posts

xxcouchxx • 18 May 2023 at 8:29 PM

@dragrawr

Yes, those potatoes sound great!

Also, I found some dinosaur coffee!

T-Rex Latte and Triceratops Latte. There are 2 other dinosaur lattes, but I picked these 2 since these dinos were both from the Cretaceous period. We could mix these 2 (possibly with another drink because I'm not sure if these 2 alone are creative enough) and call the drink "Cretaceous.. something, still trying to figure it out. Let me know if you wanna change it up or also use the other 2 and go for something different!

Edit:

What if we combine Rainbow Coffee with the 2 dino ones? It could be "Colorful Cretaceous Coffee!"

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 18 May 2023 at 9:29 PM

@vivian So perhaps like a cosmic brownie cake bar of sorts, that includes:
-chocolate spring bar + sky gelatin whipped cream
- brownie/ chocolate cake bar
-chocolate cherry cookie chocolate chips+melted fairy bread sprinkles

Also I think the fish bowl float drink could perhaps have something sort of like sand at the bottom of the drink to make it look more like a fishbowl with lots of colourful fish?

Female
2,557 posts

dragrawr • 18 May 2023 at 10:29 PM

@xxcouchxx i love this idea sm!! Yeayesyes!!

I’ll look around later for some more tasty items for the entree

Female
166 posts

vivian • 18 May 2023 at 10:30 PM

@pastelrabbit oooh nice !
(Okay so Im gonna let you know, I will be unavailable tomorrow onwards since I have some irl stufg going on, so I will just type out the dishes below, are you able to present them for us? ♡ )
Theme : 00's Nostalgia x Fast Food ?
☆ Drink > Fish Bowl Float ☆
Amethyst Ice Cream and Ruby Ice Cream for the colored rocks at the bottom of the glass.
• A Scoop of Blueberry Ice Cream Cone
Blue Energy Drink as a base,
Purple Bubbles to make the fish float!
• Various colors of Gummy Fish to swim in the bowl; Blueberry, Cherry, Lime, and Tangerine!

☆ Entrée > Ark Fried Chicken Bowl ☆
Golden Chicken Nuggets coated in
beaten Egg, then tossed in Tiger Bread Loaf crumbs.
Maze Maize, shucked & cooked
Red Bowl of Mashed Potatoes
• Peas and Gravy from Red Roast Chicken Meal

☆ Dessert > Cosmic Cake Bar ☆
Brownies made with Egg , Flour fresh from the Wheat Fields , and Chocolate Cake Bar as a base.
• Then, we melt a Milk Chocolate Spring Bar with some Orange Sky Gelatin to create the ganache to frost them with.
• Melted sprinkles from the Fairy Bread to create the candy coating for the chocolate chips,
Chocolate Cherry Cookie chips dipped in the fairy bread sprinkle coating and sprinkled on top of the Cosmic Cake Bars.

Does this sound good? 😊 let me know!

Female
361 posts

frosting • 18 May 2023 at 11:46 PM

@matcha sorry for the late reply but that’s SO SMART omg 😱😱
should we maybe change the theme to japanese/straight up just matcha dishes to go with that? we could call it a match-a made in heaven or something LOL

for the entree i was thinking we could do a pasta/noodle type dish? we could use the trinket wheat stalks (pumpkid stage 4) and the st patrick’s iced matcha to make either somen or spaghetti 😊

in terms of protein we could go with a sashimi platter for the noodles or a mini shrimp thing to go with the pasta, problem is i don’t know what we could do with the sauces cause there aren’t that many items that we could use :/

for dessert we could do a cake with the depressing matcha pie filling/white chocolate frosting using the white smitten smore and the white winter new year cake as a base? let me know what you think!

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 19 May 2023 at 1:17 AM

@levine Sorry for the slow response. I've been crazy busy. I like those ideas, though! Maybe the dish themed around the cave could have something to do with eggs! 😊

Female
547 posts

levine • 19 May 2023 at 4:33 AM

@musicgurl333
npnp!! no worries at all :>
yea defo!! we shld definitely hv eggs in the cave-themed one. shld that be the entree?
td i was kinda thinking abt the asteroid dessert, n i thought mb we could do an asteroid shaped chocolate lava cake, with a nut crumble crust (using bucket of nuts) so the exterior looks like an asteroid, drizzled lightly with caramel (from caramel drizzeled pumpkin seeds). We can put the asteroid lava cake on top of a matcha base from "depressing matcha pie" to mimic the grass the asteroid is on. hmm for the fiery/orange looking bits the asteroid has in the photo, shld we use orange coloured vanilla ice-cream or smth? (idk this idea is mainly cuz i love ice cream HAHA), or we can use the orange icing from the fire antler biscuit or smth hehe c:
anyways pls tell me what u thinkkkk n we can perfect this dish tgt!!

125 posts

nest • 19 May 2023 at 9:30 AM

Congratulations to Our Mini Scavenger Hunt Winners!

Scavenger Hunt🐾🔍
First Place • May 2023
@sunduck

Scavenger Hunt🐾🔍
Runner Up • May 2023
@bunnyshadow @wonder404exe

Thank you to every Nestling that participated! 😊

Female
166 posts

vivian • 19 May 2023 at 9:33 AM

Congrats to the keen-eyed winners! I know I spent all morning looking for it xD this was super fun! ♡

1,976 posts

opalquinze • 19 May 2023 at 12:17 PM

@kataclysm
these sound great so far! haven’t thought up a main yet for Fairy World, but i did come up for an appetizer for TFS!

(edited this section a bit to replace the mushroom with the deviled egg and deleted the extra notes about the mushroom and eyeballs)

this appetizer is supposed to look like an eye, so i was thinking to hollow out the Deviled Eggs as an egg base to be filled in with White Monster Cheese (can’t recall if there was anything cream cheese in a spread form, sorry) and either: a) take the tomato slices from the Tomato Sandwich, dry ‘em into strips to make veins for the pupil—which is represented by the olive from the Peanut Butter Celery With Olives or b) use a tomato slice as the iris and put the olive as the pupil

this kind of appetizer was the first thing that came to my mind, so i wanna know if you had thought up something else!

seems like the only one that’s certain is the Ocean theme, so hopefully you don’t mind these names i came up!

for the starter: Taste of the Sea - since the gelatin is the sea and both the dumplings and smoked salmon represent the fish (in a way), i thought this would fit!

for the main: Tame the Danger - this one was pretty tough to figure out, but i think this sounds cool enough! both the roll and croutons are named after well known predators, so i thought the green tea could “ease” them into submission

for the dessert: Snacking in the Sand - couldn’t come up a better title as it sounds a bit gross (cuz no one wants sand in their food), so it’s a bit literal imo

sorry if this wasn’t much! trying to think up things centered around a theme is hard, so yeah

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 19 May 2023 at 12:51 PM

@opalquinze
Using a deviled egg for the eye base would be allowed, if you'd prefer that! 😊

My recipe example post demonstrates similar usage of items in hopes for users to get a feel for what they can use. It's more flexible than I think people are realizing heh... ^^'

Please feel free to ask any questions if you're not sure of something! (This goes for anyone reading this!) 😊

Female
54 posts

sunduck • 19 May 2023 at 1:07 PM

Yay! Thank you @nest! That was a truly fun scavenger hunt. I found a lot of Nest Topics that I hadn't seen before.

1,976 posts

opalquinze • 19 May 2023 at 1:39 PM

@daisycat
thanks for clarifying! really made the starter sound a lot more difficult for myself lol

is it fine if i edit my post to include the deviled egg to replace the mushroom?

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 19 May 2023 at 2:00 PM

@opalquinze
Definitely okay to do that! c:

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 19 May 2023 at 3:21 PM

@vivian yes! It’s great! I think the fish bowl float and cosmic brownies really hit home on this one we just need to come up with a name for the whole meal and maybe names for the courses

for the drink maybe something like
-gummy fish float

And for the entree the currents name is pretty suiting . For dessert maybe something like:
-cosmic cake bar!
-galactic brownie cake!

For the whole meal maybe something along the lines of:
-Memory meal
-Nostalgia alley
Not so sure for the whole meals name

Tell me if you have anything to add!

Female
166 posts

vivian • 19 May 2023 at 3:27 PM

@pastelrabbit
Nostalgia Alley or Memory Lane sound really good!
I think the names I enjoy most are:
~> Fish Bowl Float / Ocean Float (or Ocean Man Float, like the song from Spongebob? xD)

~> Ark Fried Chicken (AFC) Loaded Bowl

~> Cosmic Cake Bar

Let me know if you like these as well!

Trans Male
100 posts

toebeans • 19 May 2023 at 4:39 PM

@bunnyshadow I AM BACK!!

So drinks could be that Blackberry Flower Tea you chose and just find things to make it and something into better?

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 19 May 2023 at 5:14 PM

@toebeans No-- We would come up for a name for a drink. Then select three separate items to create the recipe for said drink. Refer to daisycat's example post from yesterday!

[https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/77406?page=8#1727246]

I think we should go with one of these.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/61/19/85/611985c7a8a0a24554c8aac77369c5b6.jpg

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 19 May 2023 at 5:30 PM

@bunnyshadow @toebeans
You guys can do either or. ^^' Either what Beans suggested, or what Bunny suggested. My example shows recipes using both options. Again, it's very flexible! 😊

Trans Male
100 posts

toebeans • 19 May 2023 at 5:36 PM

@bunnyshadow "Chocolate Cranberry Coffe" sound like a plan?

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 19 May 2023 at 5:45 PM

@toebeans What would our theme be for that? 🧐

Also I’m down to do… White Chocolate & Raspberry Coffee? I heard those two go well together in drinks. 😄

Trans Male
100 posts

toebeans • 19 May 2023 at 5:49 PM

Some sort of Chocolate, Black coffee, and a cranberry item! Simple but sounds fun...OR instead of Cranberry, add any other fruit?

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 19 May 2023 at 6:03 PM

@toebeans Yeah I'm down for White Chocolate/Raspberry + Coffee? But still what would the theme be?

Since in the sample posts Daisycat put like...
Meal Name: Nicely Spiced Twice
A delicious dinner consisting of a sweet 'n' spicy Lavender Ginger Ale, creamy Scary Good Pasta made with our signature Monster Cheese, and a tangy Mango Chamoy Cheesecake with a kick!

I think we should figure out the theme first instead of items, so then we don't have to think of a theme that matches all of the items we already came up with post mortum LOL. I was thinking maybe we could stray towards a summer or beach theme since it's that time of year? June is also pride month so we could also do a pride month themed meal with rainbow drink/items!

Trans Male
100 posts

toebeans • 19 May 2023 at 6:26 PM

@bunnyshadow

Pride is a great idea since there's a lot of rainbow items- (I'm also in the community myself ❤️)

But beaches are pretty nice too...Why is choosing so difficulllllt?! Maybe a random wheel can help-

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 19 May 2023 at 6:48 PM

@toebeans Let's do pride! Since I'm also part of that community. 😊

I was thinking maybe we can do like a lemonade since it seems to be the easiest? We could make it a strawberry lemonade or something of the sort/a mixed fruit tea. Here are all the rainbow items I found in the item database.

https://eggcave.com/items/search?q=rainbow

I also notice there is a pastel rainbow latte already? So we could also pick a coffee item and some other rainbow item to put with it.

I was thinking we can have this in the drink for sure:

https://eggcave.com/items/rainbow-sugar-glass

Trans Male
100 posts

toebeans • 19 May 2023 at 7:01 PM

@bunnyshadow

So Rainbow Sugar Glass, melt a Rainbow Scoop, and mix those with Rainbow Coffee? Like an Ice Cream latte thingy?? (My ideas are not great, feel free to edit)

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 19 May 2023 at 8:57 PM

@toebeans OMG that sounds amazingly tasty. I want to do the Ice Cream Latte for sure.

Maybe we can do....

https://eggcave.com/items/rainbow-scoop

With one of these coffees?

https://eggcave.com/items/cup-of-black-coffee
https://eggcave.com/items/cup-of-blonde-coffee
https://eggcave.com/items/cup-of-caramel-coffee
https://eggcave.com/items/cup-of-french-vietnamese-coffee

And instead of the rainbow glass, we can use whipped cream / cream instead? Or some sort of colorful sprinkles or milk.