More filters/tags for browsing creatures and items

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 11 April 2023 at 1:53 PM

So you're thinking, gosh it would be nice to pick out some travels for my creatures I want to highlight on my profile! You go to your cove and scroll through pages and pages just to find the creatures without travels. Then you go to your strongroom, and darn there are well over a thousand items in there from questing! You remember there was a nice blue travel you wanted... But what was it called? How will you find it? Guess you'll just sit and scroll through more pages.

I was talking to some people about how eggcave is a site for collecting and displaying creatures, but we lack a lot of features to browse our own collections to see what's missing or quickly check how many star creatures we have. Isn't that silly?

My suggestion is a handful of QOL filters in various parts of the site:
Owned creatures:
We can see things like frozen creatures, but how about starred creatures, CRW creatures, Dragold's den, CSP, or just your cave commons. All these categories technically exist, why not be able to filter for them?
Creatures released in March, creatures released in 2015... How about creatures you obtained on May 4th in any year? Or even "creatures without a travel" would be pretty great.

Archives:
Let's get release year, release month, break down event/plot into each event and plot. I don't want to open each creature page to figure out which ones were released for CRW. There are so many creatures it's hard to memorize all of the information. The archives page is supposed to be an archive, so let's see it get some useful features. Imagine even having multiple filters used together to see what's missing from your own collection!

Strongroom:
Filters like the ones on pet item collections where you can look at travels used or toys used, but in the strongroom so you can look at your hoard of travels and actually use them on creatures.

I've seen a couple topics that touch on one small thing getting a filter, but I think all of these could use a more robust tag/filter system to make them more functional. I wanna spend my time here talking to people and admiring my creatures, not trying to find that one pretty travel I forgot the name of.

@prairie @chapus @mastergemma Anything you'd like to add?

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 11 April 2023 at 2:07 PM

+1

Demifluid
1,503 posts

wonder404exe • 11 April 2023 at 2:45 PM

@poe
this WILL be so useful :')
couldnt be me scrolling through my 30 pages of items for ONE TRAVEL AHHHH

Archive and more cove filters could be so useful too!
what was that creature that was released may of 2014?!?!? BOOM! THERE!
How many CSPs in total do i have? ITSSS RIGHT HEREEEE!!! FILTERRR!!

Dangg dont have to count or go through all of archives LARGE filtered page for ONE creature!

;; life saver.

Female
9,796 posts

chapus • 11 April 2023 at 3:54 PM

@poe this just about covers it !! i 100% agree with this

1,133 posts

hikanu • 11 April 2023 at 4:12 PM

Every single time this is brought up, it has my full support.

I think it is ridiculous in the strongroom especially, that we can't really sort any of it in a useful way. It's easy to find the stuff you're looking for, when you actually know what you're looking for. If you don't, well, good luck. At the rate we're going, color me surprised, if we're not at 7000 total items by the end of the year. It's a nightmare.

I don't think I've ever had the patience to look through all of the creatures, much less comitting them to memory, so yes, it'd be nice to have more sorting options there as well.

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 11 April 2023 at 4:41 PM

@wonder404exe I've had some extra time on my hands the last couple months so being around more often has me trying to use site features and being frustrated with how long it takes to find things :'D Like I just went to my cove the other day and noticed I couldn't filter for csps and I was like huh??? So I'm with ya there, I'd love to be able to filter with stuff that's essentially already tagged! Thanks for posting!

@hikanu I've done some silly things this week leading up to this topic being posted haha! Exactly my point. Sometimes you just wanna look through what travels you bought because they were pretty and see if you have a good creature matching with it. But I can never bring myself to do so. Or look through all my books when we have a daily to use items and see what I want to read to my creatures lol. Thanks for the support!

Other
3,224 posts

pipkitten • 14 April 2023 at 9:46 PM

+10000 support
I would absolutely LOVE more filters for sorting my creatures and items!! I've wondered for legit years why Eggcave doesn't have more sorting features, being a website centered around collecting and all.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 19 April 2023 at 2:45 PM

@poe just added the most obvious Event/Plot tags to the Archives.

See here: https://eggcave.com/archives

Working on other creative ways to make searching and sorting easier 😊

Female
2,546 posts

dragrawr • 19 April 2023 at 3:27 PM

@Ian loving the tags, it’s extremely helpful !!

723 posts

nut • 19 April 2023 at 6:29 PM

thank you ian!! big in favor of these suggestions 😊

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 19 April 2023 at 6:32 PM

All these suggestions are so useful!! ❀️

@ian thanks for the new tags - they're epic!!!
I'd love to see a sort by Original release date or something.
I think it would be cool to go through the 'history' of EC creatures

EDIT:
I looooove all the new tags!! Thanks a ton!

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 19 April 2023 at 9:09 PM

@Ian Bless! That's awesome! So glad to see some much needed qol features being added.

Female
2,919 posts

heatherm19 • 7 May 2023 at 3:29 PM

So I wasn't sure whether to start a new topic or just add this suggestion here... Regarding more "Owned creatures" filters, could we *please* have a way to filter by 'Adult'? Please? We can filter by Eggs, Stage 2/3/4, Frozen, and I love all those filters but none of them really work for finding all my adult creatures. Using the Stage 4 filter will give me the obvious ones, but any creature that doesn't *have* 4 stages won't show. It's very tedious to go through hundreds of creatures trying to find the few that are fully grown but not stage-4.

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 7 May 2023 at 4:01 PM

@heatherm19 Nah that's awesome you've put your addition here! It would be awesome to have an option to see all fully evolved creatures. And probably one for the opposite so we can find our creatures we may have forgotten we wanted to evolve LOL I had to make a tab for it on my profile.

@ian I'm loving the updates we've been getting! Much appreciated! I'm sure some of the cove ones are a little more work to add, but I hope they can be done. : D