[CHOSEN] Birthday Creature Suggestion: Revelca πŸ¦€πŸ°

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 30 May 2023 at 10:00 AM

Edit: Chosen as Egg Cave's 14th Birthday Creature!!
Click here to visit the blog post.
Thank you so much, I am so grateful! :-)

Introducing the Revelca πŸ¦€πŸ°
The Revelca (r'VELL-kuh) is a red velvet mite + red velvet cake hybrid! (Not a crab.*) An Egg Cave birthday suggestion for the month of July or July 20th! If not then, anytime, because Egg Cave could always use more buggy friends. :-) Fun fact: Red velvet mites are actually spiders, and not only are they harmless to humans, but they are also beneficial!

⭐Google "red velvet mite" to see the bug (spider) that this is inspired by!⭐
They are fuzzy and cute and friends to humans!

Artwork of the Revelca πŸ¦€πŸ°
https://ibb.co/ncHt4z3
I used micron pens, watercolors, and colored pencils.
There are two options for the egg design.

About Revelca Eggs πŸ¦€πŸ°
Revelca eggs are as small as a pinhead and they smell like a lightly cocoa'd cake. You can find them in clusters beneath the forest soil. If you happen to see one Revelca egg, you are certain to find dozens more nearby.

About the Revelca Creature πŸ¦€πŸ°
Revelcas enjoy celebrating special days with their friends and families. To prepare for the perfect party, the strongest Revelcas search far and wide for cake crumbs in the Forest and Ark City. Contrary to popular belief, even though red velvet is their preference, any flavor will do! Once some crumbs are located, the Revelcas create a path of crumbs to lead their entire crummunity (community of Revelcas) to a prime location. The crummunity will smell this cakey path, pick up some pieces as they follow it, and gift the pieces to other members by placing them on each other's backs. Once all of the crummunity members have arrived and been caked, everyone will proceed to party, dance, and celebrate with one another, reveling in birthdays, anniversaries, and nearly every other special occasion!

Revelca Name Origin, Pronunciation, and Alternatives πŸ¦€πŸ°
Revelca = Red Velvet Cake (r'VELL-kuh / reh-VELL-kuh; alt: REH-vill-kah)
- revel [verb]: to enjoy oneself in a lively and noisy way, especially with drinking and dancing.
"The players spent July 20th reveling in Egg Cave's birthday celebration!"

β€’ The cake of this creature symbolizes Egg Cave's birthday and anniversary.
β€’ The word "revel" in this creature's name represents enjoying a birthday party.
β€’ The traditional 14th anniversary gift is ivory; a modern and ethical take on this is anything animal-related (like a mite, hehe).
β€’ The red velvet mite is a beneficial arachnid, just as birthdays are beneficial to websites in that they boast longevity.

Alternative Names (if players or staff prefer one of these)
Arveesi = RVC = Red Velvet Cake (AR-vee-see)
Redvel = Red Velvet Cake / Mite (RED-vell)

Revelca Details πŸ¦€πŸ°
Weight: 0.001 kg
Height: 0.02 m
Gender Profile: Standard
Habitat: Forest, Ark City
Obtained From: Event

Revelca Evolution πŸ¦€πŸ°
Baby: 150 Feeds
Teen: 300 Feeds
Adult: 720 Feeds

Notes πŸ¦€πŸ°
β€’ I'd prefer the name Revelca based on its multiple meanings, but I do have other options listed.
β€’ A bug (colloquially) would be a refreshing critter choice for EC's birthday!
β€’ Either egg design may be used, combined, number removed, or a new one may be created.
β€’ The color on my screen is quite vibrant; a finalized design should be more maroon red-brown like red velvet cake, not actually red-red.
β€’ The stage 2 baby may either be drawn in similar proportions to the teen and adult, or, it may be drawn a bit smaller to indicate its infancy.
β€’ I'd adore and prefer for this suggestion to be drawn in a style like these: Smitten, Floralope, Loveer, Vejtar, Desana, Pixices.

Thank you for checking out my lil Revelca!

Only pinging a few to start... two peeps that I know for sure like buggy creatures, and, the one peep I mentioned my idea to on May 9th. XD

@bribri1114845
@redflipflap
@okami

Google "red velvet mite" to see the bug (spider) that this is based off of!

*The crab emoji looks the most similar to red velvet mites. :-)

Demifluid
1,500 posts

wonder404exe • 30 May 2023 at 1:00 PM

@daisycat
what abt mee~~
what abt mee~~~~~~~

CRAB CAKE :0
*cant see image will see later*
EDIT:
mmm... i wonder what it taste like
bug cake
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

F O O O D .
M U S T
E A T

I love crabs
I love *non-frosting* cake
ehehehahahe eoo

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 30 May 2023 at 1:13 PM

@wonder404exe
Thank you, Wonder! Let me know what you think when you look at the drawings. 😊
I didn't want to ping too many people, so I chose some users for specific reasons. c:

Yeah the crab emoji is what matched the best. Maybe one day a red velvet mite emoji will be released lol. /j XD

Female
166 posts

vivian • 30 May 2023 at 2:12 PM

Wow! I love this idea! I'd love to have a cute red velvet crab β™‘
Hope this gets picked β™‘

Pings:
@levine
@sunduck
@juniperrains

Female
1,571 posts

isis • 30 May 2023 at 2:17 PM

Red velvet is my favorite flavor, love this little buggy guy

Female
258 posts

juniperrains • 30 May 2023 at 2:19 PM

How cute! I love red velvet so I hope this gets picked.

Demifluid
1,500 posts

wonder404exe • 30 May 2023 at 3:04 PM

@daisycat
RED VELVET MIT LOOKS FLUFFY
(i mean yeh
its velvet- ._.)
looks like... red... seaweed...

Female
93 posts

astralrebel • 30 May 2023 at 3:10 PM

What a cutie, I am glad they can be found in large hatches cuz I need all the crawly cakes 😸

Female
2,695 posts

jlya • 30 May 2023 at 3:10 PM

@daisycat
This suggestion is absolutely *adorable* and I would so love to see this creature become a reality!! ❀️ I love your fantastic creature art and the description made me smile. Sounds like a perfect Eggcave birthday critter ^^
Good luck!! ❀️

@prairie
@ian

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 30 May 2023 at 5:10 PM

@vivian @isis @juniperrains @astralrebel
Thank you all so much, I really appreciate it! 😊

@wonder404exe
Fluffy little velvet friend. x) I'd love to have the actual mite as a pet irl.

@jlya
Thank you so much for your kind words!! You're always so sweet. ❀️

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 30 May 2023 at 6:31 PM

@daisycat I'm not usually a fan of insects, but I think this creature suggestion would be extremely cute!

[Forbidden Cake].

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 30 May 2023 at 7:51 PM

okay... this totally freaks me out and red mites (in general) usually prey on invertebrates I do like, but I think you did a fantastic job on the evolutions for this creature!

I prefer the '14' version of the egg : )

https://nevillepark.ca/2022/05/23/know-your-little-red-mites-a-guide/
(there's a little swearing in here, but overall a fun guide with a cute infographic ^^ )
(I had no idea there was a difference between the fluid suckers and the insanely fast blurs on the sidewalk.
Thanks for prompting me to look into them. They all still freak me out though.)

Male
91 posts

matcha • 30 May 2023 at 10:03 PM

Love the artwork and the idea!! Hope it gets picked! 😊

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 30 May 2023 at 11:25 PM

@bunnyshadow
Thank you, so glad you like this forbidden cake! ;D

@snowywinter
Lol omg, that page is so cute! I'm glad there's differentiating pages like that. I can't stress enough that this critter is harmless and beneficial, unlike similar looking mites, so that link could really help bring insight to others. I always want to reduce or omit any learned fears or negative connotations people may have with things like bugs, be them spiders or insects, good or bad. It's okay if someone doesn't love them, I just don't want people to be too grossed out or scared of them. I really appreciate you looking into this; thank you for sharing and giving your feedback! 😊

@matcha
Thank you so much!! ❀️

Female
54 posts

sunduck • 31 May 2023 at 1:32 AM

@daisycat I was thinking the other day about wanting to see more insect & snail creatures on the site and here you come with this adorable thing.

I envy your creativity. If I could have an army of these critters, I would!!

@vivian Thanks for the ping!! I never browse the forums so never would have seen this otherwise. ❀️

Female
537 posts

levine • 31 May 2023 at 2:20 AM

@vivian TYSM FOR THE PING!!

@daisycat I LOVE RED VELVET and the art is AMAZING!! i rlly hope it gets picked :> its so adorable!!!! UwU

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 4 June 2023 at 1:49 PM

@sunduck
Thank you, Sunny! I appreciate that. 😊 And thank you again for complimenting my "crummunity" lol. ^.^

@levine
Thank you, Shu! You're so kind! 😊

In lieu of my original pings, I'll try pinging some others to see if they are interested! I hope that's okay. I usually prefer to see who naturally comments on creature suggestions, but I'd love to hear your thoughts.

@twinkle
@dragrawr
@dibabeebees
@pastelrabbit
@mitch

Female
2,543 posts

dragrawr • 4 June 2023 at 3:26 PM

@daisycat !!!! BUGS !!!!! ❀️ ❀️ I need this one so bad. I love it so much I DIDNT EVEN SEE MY PING LOL

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 4 June 2023 at 3:55 PM

@dragrawr
Lol I just pinged you today! 😊
I didn't originally ping you because I recall you saying you don't like bugs, with centipedes (serpede beloved), rhinoceros beetles, lil jumping spiders, and some praying mantises as exceptions. So since this isn't one of those, I figured maybe don't ping... but I ping now hope it's okie, thank you for the comment! c:

Female
2,543 posts

dragrawr • 4 June 2023 at 4:05 PM

@daisycat I don't mind spiders !! I don't like some bugs like bees/wasps/crickets that like to launch themselves at you lol! Or annoying gnats. But its just art and I find it suuuuper cute!! Its so sweet you remembered that about me though, and I appreciate the thought :}

This would be an awesome birthday celebration creature. Its got everyting- the cake and the cute!

Gender Nonconforming
216 posts

dibabeebees • 4 June 2023 at 7:07 PM

I love him.

Female
1,318 posts

twinkle • 4 June 2023 at 7:41 PM

@daisycat
The art is adorable!! ;w; Food-themed creatures always have a special place in my heart lol. I don’t usually collect crustaceans but cute ones like this definitely have a spot in my cove 😊 I hope this gets made!!

318 posts

chihiro_sang • 5 June 2023 at 8:55 AM

Cool, it kind of goes with the hermicone for a food related arthropod.

Other
136 posts

pauloacacio • 6 June 2023 at 5:20 AM

Beautiful crab in red velvet. I am in love!

180 posts

noman15 • 6 June 2023 at 2:21 PM

Cool, though I can see how it looks like a crab to many.

Male
85 posts

mitch • 8 June 2023 at 8:16 AM

Red is my favourite colour...and I do really love cake - so I would love for this to be a thing!
Also, I agree - not many bug like creatures on EC - need more cute bugs!

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 8 June 2023 at 9:19 AM

@dibabeebees @twinkle @chihiro_sang @pauloacacio @noman15 @mitch
Thank you everyone, I appreciate you taking the time to check out this suggestion! 😊

@dragrawr
"crickets that like to launch themselves at you" LOL I love when they start rotating, turning in a circle to aim, and then ptchooOOOOOOOO faster than the speed of light.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 15 June 2023 at 6:08 PM

@daisycat selected for July! THANK YOU! ❀️

1,944 posts

opalquinze • 15 June 2023 at 6:36 PM

@daisycat congrats! didn’t think this would be approved so fast!

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 15 June 2023 at 8:01 PM

@Ian
Omg!! Thank you, Ian! I'm so excited!! This made my day!! πŸ₯° ❀️

@opalquinze
Thank you so much! Right?! I was a wee bissel worried because I thought of the idea and did tiny sketches on May 7th, but didn't create the actual artwork and post until May 29th/30th. I thought maybe I was one month too late. I'm so grateful. x)