Click Exchange Rewards

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
1,863 posts

magenta • 19 June 2023 at 9:34 PM

Hi! I think many of us have spare XC tokens from the click exchange just lying around due to the many clicking quests we have and our creatures not getting enough clicks in the XC to offset the amount we get! So, I was thinking we could have a click exchange store to use up our spare XC tokens and facilitate more users to click in the XC. I'm not exactly sure what I'd like to see in there but maybe buffs like 2x Feeds or 2x Coins for 10 minutes for 2,000 tokens or something? Anyway, do let me know what you guys think 😊

Female
2,552 posts

dragrawr • 19 June 2023 at 10:10 PM

@magenta oh gosh I love this. Buying buffs like the Dragold’s Den would be seriously awesome. Also, I think it would also heavily increase the amount of clicking, feeding, etc and assist the evolution of a lot of creatures. It would also increase eggcave participation !!

Since 300 is a quest usually, 500-700 could be 5 minute buffs, and 1,500-2700 could be 10 minutes.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 19 June 2023 at 11:37 PM

@magenta I absolutely LOVE the idea of being able to turn in our click points for something other than our creatures being able to be clicked.

No matter what the reward would be I 100% support the concept.
(be it something I Would use like an exclusive item/creature shop
Or something I would Not, like being able to exchange it for a whole Cove click)

I really hope it would be an exclusives shop or just being able to exchange it for EC (Since so many or the creatures are Clicks Only preferred.) Then it would make it seem worthwhile other than the requirement for completing dailies.

Female
1,742 posts

minnie298a • 20 June 2023 at 1:45 AM

I would love something else to do with my XC credits. Anything really. As I've stated else where before, the exchange is my preferred place to feed, and has been since it's introduction. As a result, I have a scarily large amount. As in I could stop collecting credits and at the current rate of usage it would take not weeks or months, but decades until I need to be concerned about running out.

I know this concept of some sort of shop has been floated around before, but not for a while.
I like the idea of buying boosters.
I like the idea of some sort of exclusive creature or travel.
I like the idea of being able to cash it in for ec or even CC.
Last time there was also the idea of lucky dips. Something like the trick or treat bags in the seed shop that will give out random available items (ie those used in quests).
Or even a raffle/lottery of sorts.
Gosh, I would even be comfortable with the idea of being able to bundle them up and trade or gift them with other players who need them. (As long as I chose that option and the credits were not just stripped from me and redistributed, which was a suggestion I remember being thrown around at some stage. I worked hard for my credits. Every single one)

The only concern is somehow ensuring that there are still enough credits on accounts to ensure the XC still functions. It's no good if most people are scraping up an amount to immediately trade them in leaving their balance at nil. Lots of 0 balances mean no creatures. Except for mine and those like me. So some sort of minimum level would be needed. For example, if the minimum was 100 credits, you could only purchase a 300 point item if you had 400 credits on hand.
In saying that, my knowledge of coding is practically non-existent, so I don't know how possible that would be.

734 posts

nut • 14 July 2023 at 6:47 PM

@magenta HUGE support on this idea, oh my god most of the reason I never touch the XC other than for dailies is because I have so many credits I don’t feel a need to keep clicking. It would totally motivate people to use the exchange more to earn credits, if credits could also be spent elsewhere / exchanged for something. Genius idea hope something gets implemented😊

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 14 July 2023 at 7:23 PM

@magenta I 100% support this idea! Even with the monthly challenges, I still don't get as much click rate on my pets there as I would have wanted so this idea adds incentive in earning XC. Plus it makes clicking fun and not being associated as a chore. 😊

@Ian ❤️

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 9 August 2023 at 5:56 AM

I would LOVE to see this idea in action, too. I currently have around 22k in XC tokens and it seldom every drops below 20k, even if I'm not particularly active. I fully support the notion of buying boosts, retired travels, retired pets - whatever. Being able to put those tokens to good use would be huge for EC.

@armageddondoll might share this sentiment, too.

Female
1,742 posts

minnie298a • 9 August 2023 at 8:43 AM

On a good day (ie one with a 300 XC Click daily), I may lose 100 credits. Or close to it. That's with all 20 creatures in the XC. Some days it's more like 10.

@kataclysm
You may not have meant it, and please don't take any offence, but thank you for the laugh (I've had a bad day and rally needed it).
I can remember back when I got 20k credits and how it felt like a massive and a huge deal. Which it totally is. It's an achievement. One you've put time and effort into and worked for. Congratulations on it.

Back more on topic....
I still do feel something has to change.

I still feed daily through the Exchange. It is still my "safe" zone for feeding. Today was a slow day so I only feed 500 or so. In saying that since my last post (so 7ish weeks) I've banked close to 50k in credits. As in I have that many more than I did then. I know this because I take random notes and know that on June 16th I started the day with 986,982 XC Credits. I currently have 1,044,550 credits (All-time Inbound Clicks: 129,415). Yeah, I may have mentioned it would take some time to use my credits. As in over 27 years at 100 credits a day.

I'd like to point out that at one stage, banking credits, not using them and having a large total was some sort of flex (and yes people would pull their creatures out to prevent people from clicking their creatures and "stealing" those points). If I remember correctly, it was one of the reasons for some early changes. That's not what that above post is meant to be. I would LOVE to have less. I would LOVE to see it suddenly fall because others have clicked my creatures. That is the point of the exchange. However, I also have more than I can practically see being used in a reasonable time with the current usage rate and would embrace another way to voluntarily shed some.

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 9 August 2023 at 8:45 AM

@minnie298a LMFAO what a way to make my 22k look MEASLY. That's a hell of an amount. If there were rewards in the XC, I know someone who would be sitting on her throne, surrounded by boosts!

Female
2,406 posts

ida92 • 9 August 2023 at 9:18 AM

@magenta I LOVE this idea. I would definitely buy EC boosts with all the unspent XC. They just keep accumulating, with no use.

I would love this to be implemented in some form. 😊

Female
1,742 posts

minnie298a • 9 August 2023 at 8:44 PM

@kataclysm
22k is still impressive.
It's taken years to build mine up (I've found an old notebook that said I had 119k in Dec 2019), and I'm sure there are others with more. As I said I can remember reaching 20k, and how much of an achievement it was. I just sort of snowballed from there.

Female
1,143 posts

valorieviolet • 10 August 2023 at 3:15 PM

Click Exchange rewards sound fantastic! Might get tricky depending on what the prize is, since people are also allowed to use the exchange on their side accounts... I guess then only verified accounts could get the prize? Assuming it's something like CC!

Alsooo, might as well just put this here!
A click exchange monthly leaderboard with EC prizes at the end of the month would also be great! Something that resets each month (while not touching our XC balance, of course). We have leaderboards for most feeds, clicks, views, item usage, and amount of quests done, so one more section couldn't hurt, right?

Female
2,934 posts

heatherm19 • 10 August 2023 at 4:52 PM

@valorieviolet Oohhh I love the idea of a leaderboard for the exchange! The leaderboards we currently have are fun and motivating (imo), that would be a great addition.

I've never had a huge amount of credits just lying around, but since the dailies started I've definitely been getting/keeping more than before. Currently have 498 xc, and I feel like the most I've seen it drop in one day is like 100, so yeah it would be cool to be able to do something with those 'extra' credits.

Female
1,742 posts

minnie298a • 10 August 2023 at 7:51 PM

@valorieviolet
A leader board would be interesting. At the very least you could see those using it the most.

Female
1,127 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 12 August 2023 at 2:06 PM

before the dailies were implemented, I never used the click exchange much because it seemed that I couldn't use the tokens for anything. I think temporary boosts or a leaderboard would help with this a lot! we could also do something with items, or anything as long as it seems to hold a little more purpose 😊

Non-binary
1,413 posts

provo7demons • 15 August 2023 at 11:39 AM

I really like this idea! I have a bunch of clicks that've sat around for a while, and so it would be nice to have the option to trade them in for buffs, or maybe even a "grab bag" of sorts that would give you a random travel or creature? Or once you hit 1k/5k/however many clicks, you can turn the clicks in for an exclusive XC creature?

Female
2,715 posts

jlya • 15 August 2023 at 1:32 PM

I am 1000% in favor of this!! Please implement this suggestion site staff ❤️ I don't care what the rewards are, I'd be pleased something small like a plushie you can only get through the exchange. Or anything else! Just so we cure the problem of extra tokens. This has been suggested at least twice and I have totally backed it every time. I see no downside.

@kataclysm @minnie298a
Me over here patting myself on the back for my 7.5k clicks XD All hail the clicking queen. I'm gonna have to start clearing the exchange!

Female
1,742 posts

minnie298a • 15 August 2023 at 6:40 PM

@jlya
Congratulations on that achievement. You do deserve a pat on the back.

In one form or another, this suggestion has been going on for years. I can vaguely remember a time when I thought it was ridiculous. Like, how could you have that many excess credits? I'm struggling to keep 100. The changes that resulted in everyone with no credits getting 10 a day did result in more creatures in the exchange. It also resulted in more creatures being there without interaction from their owners.

The XC clicks task does seem to have improved usage. Even when not a daily, I feel I'm losing slightly more points, so that is a massive win and bonus in my books.