Feeding from Side Accounts for EC?

in Help & Questions

Female
481 posts

christine13531 • 28 July 2023 at 11:05 PM

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are we allowed to feed from side accounts for EC?
I found a forum post way back in 2013 clarifying that you are allowed to feed, click, and view creatures with your side accounts. However, I was just wondering if the rules changed, and if so, where it is stated in the Site Guidelines, Player Guide, or anywhere else.
Thank you in advance ^^

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 28 July 2023 at 11:24 PM

@christine13531

Yes, we are allowed to feed from side accounts ^^

(And we're allowed to transfer the EC earned from Feeding made from those accounts too. You'd set up a Trade from your Main, then offer with the EC from your Side.)

Female
481 posts

christine13531 • 29 July 2023 at 11:34 AM

@snowywinter Thank you for the prompt reply!
That's what I thought as well; I've been doing that for years without any issues, and I'm sure that's the case with many other players as well =D
However, I was recently notified that this constitutes as "cheating". Could I get other users or maybe a moderator to confirm or deny this?

Pings:
@heatherm19
@minnie298a
@newlife
@sparklefox
(Sorry for the pings; I just really want to make sure that we're on the same page ^^")

Female
2,934 posts

heatherm19 • 29 July 2023 at 11:44 AM

@christine13531 It's definitely not cheating, whoever said that is wrong. I got an answer from a mod about it not all that long ago: https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/76352?page=1 (towards the middle of the page)

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 29 July 2023 at 12:57 PM

@christine13531

Yup, feeding from your sides is not cheating! The only way you would cheat is during the few events we have (Chocovaganza and Halloween Fair) where you get stuff from feeding. During those events, I would ensure you are on your main account before redeeming anything. It might honestly just be safer to not feed during these events.

Female
3,806 posts

sparklefox • 29 July 2023 at 3:04 PM

@christine13531 - As far as I'm aware, it's completely allowed. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone being punished for feeding through sides before.

I think feeding through a side during the Chocotravaganza/Halloween Fair is mostly alright, but you're not allowed to use any of the chocolates/seeds gained whilst doing so. But I'm not fully sure if that's correct, so you might want to ask a mod instead.

Female
1,742 posts

minnie298a • 29 July 2023 at 7:27 PM

@christine13531
I'm going to agree with the others. As fair as I'm aware, feeding in general from your side is allowed. It's one of the few things you can do on your side.

During events like the Halloween and Valentine's ones, you can feed, but not spend/send the seeds and chocs. Feeding for chocs on your side to send to your main is definitely in the cheating box. So a lot of players don't really use their sides for feeding much as they would rather gather spend the time gaining the prize points.

You can send the EC you make to your main or use it for Tim's.

The only catch I can think of is I think feeding is (or at least was) restricted by ISP. So if you feed an account on your side, you can't on your main. Well not without changing the ISP, and that is a bit on the dodgy side.

In saying all that, I don't actually have a side, so haven't paid total attention to things.

Female
481 posts

christine13531 • 30 July 2023 at 6:15 PM

@heatherm19 @newlife @sparklefox @minnie298a Thank you all for your responses!
It seems that everyone (including moderators) unanimously agrees that feeding on sides is allowed, and so is transferring the EC over to your main account — except for redeeming event tokens, of course.

How about using side accounts to feed the same creature multiple times on the same day? If I'm not misunderstanding what Minnie is saying, you wouldn't be able to from the same IP address if you already fed it that day, but you can if you're logged into a separate account. Would that be breaking any rules?

Female
2,934 posts

heatherm19 • 30 July 2023 at 7:24 PM

@christine13531 Feeding isn't linked to ISPs anymore, it's account-based, so yes you can feed the same creature from all accounts (I often do this with 'dying coves' trying to get creatures out of the red).
(Mod-answer at the end of this page: https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/76352?page=2)

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 30 July 2023 at 8:04 PM

@christine13531
You are allowed to feed from your main and 3 sides. Creating more accounts just to feed is very much NOT allowed and is cheating. You are allowed 4 accounts and 4 accounts ONLY. Creating more accounts just to get more currency/creatures/items is explicitly against the rules.

Female
1,742 posts

minnie298a • 30 July 2023 at 9:33 PM

@christine13531
If your after more ec for feeding, I have two suggestions.
1 - Hit up the Click exchange. There are about 4000 creatures labeled "Feed Preferred" or with no preference available daily.
2 - Feed lots of different accounts. With a little bit of searching it's not hard to find large Feed Friendly accounts. Mine is one (over 1k). @heatherm19 has 3k spread over her accounts. There are boards on the General Chat with lists for feeding. The DFD blog comments are also full of feed friendly accounts.

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 30 July 2023 at 10:04 PM

@christine13531
In addition to Minnie's advice #2,
here are some feed lists you may want to use 😊

Massive Coves | Dying Coves | Feedable Coves

Female
481 posts

christine13531 • 31 July 2023 at 2:28 AM

@heatherm19 @minnie298a @twinkle This has been immensely insightful, and I appreciate all your help =D
I suppose some misinformation was spread, so I will simply disregard it. Thank you for the clarification! ^^