EC Vouchers for trading and gifting

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 28 November 2023 at 7:37 AM

It's a little awkward to gift EC at the moment - "put an item in your shop". I'd rather just send them an EC voucher or an equivalent.

Would help with trading too so you don't have to add an item to offer money.

For the item design I think a token or something has been mentioned. Making it a circle or a bag of coins would help - it just has to be a different shape than the CC vouchers so people don't accidentally mistake EC for CC.

Edit: or even a direct transfer option would be nice

Thank you!

Pings:
@ian
@daisycat
@twinkle
@ashlinnhi
@kudo

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 28 November 2023 at 8:31 AM

I vote for the item design to look like a gift card, or a sack of coins. ... And if we can be permitted to send these vouchers between our own accounts, it would also make movement of funds between side accounts a lot easier.

367 posts

kudo • 28 November 2023 at 9:05 AM

i would personally appreciate such a feature if it existed. considering the skewed conversion rate at the moment, i am quite willing to bet certain people have stockpiles of ec. it would certainly make the egg life a lot easier to have easily transferable vouchers instead of going the long mile to set up items in shop or trades to move funds across personal accounts. i don't see any drawbacks to the addition of ec vouchers either.

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 28 November 2023 at 9:35 AM

i have to agree with this idea. it is slightly inconvenient transferring ec to side accounts too (having to make a lot/shop item etc) so this would be great to tackle that issue.

new feature for 2024? 😊

Female
2,917 posts

heatherm19 • 28 November 2023 at 10:23 AM

YES please! Vouchers are a great idea, though I would also be glad with just a direct transfer option. We can send items, CC, and creatures directly between users/accounts, why not a simple way to transfer ec as well?

It would really help with contests/giveaways too, anytime there is an ec prize it just feels so cumbersome to have to use the user-shop instead of just directly sending someone their winnings! And for users who have trading sides, an easier way to transfer ec to their main account would be so helpful.

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 28 November 2023 at 11:34 AM

Definitely agree with this! I think everyone hit why this is such a great idea 😊

Direct EC transfer would also be really nice (we need a transfer option for items too, other than just trades!)

Maybe to make it easier, it could be a voucher and it lets you pick how much EC you want to transfer, other than set values like CC (if that makes sense!)

Female
2,699 posts

jlya • 28 November 2023 at 12:01 PM

I would so love either a direct transfer option or EC vouchers. It's a bit of a hassle to deal with EC and the requirement that says you have to offer an item as well. Any solution would be lovely ❤️

Non-binary
1,391 posts

provo7demons • 28 November 2023 at 1:08 PM

I would love this as an option! Maybe instead of set values like the CC vouchers, it could be like a gift card that you can type in exactly how much you want to send? Either way, this would definitely make EC trades a lot easier, and it would make transferring EC between sides a lot easier as well! Definitely support!

Female
1,291 posts

daisycat • 28 November 2023 at 7:15 PM

Excellent idea that we need yesterday! I have a feeling it'd be used very frequently by many players. A bag of coins would be adorable. 😊

Thank you for the ping, Saph!

Female
1,733 posts

minnie298a • 29 November 2023 at 12:00 AM

I love the idea. My last giveaway I decided to have ec as one of the prizes and to award it I was reliant on the winner setting up a trade (thankfully it went very speedily). In the same vein, ec contest prizes would be easier to award. Also like the idea of putting the ec up in a trade with a wish list of what you want eg here's 200k ec, I'm looking for as many male monthlies you got.

Design wise, I'm going to suggest old fashion coin purses. You know, the baggy looking ones with the two metal prong type clasp. Quick search tells me there is nothing like it already, and different colours could mean different values, like the CC vouchers, if it wasn't a custom amount.

There is already 4 "pile of coin" type items, and a coulple of "raining coins" type travels. There is also the pots of coins. Plus you'd have to avoid single coin type designs to not confuse them with the quest tokens (which I know are not tradable, but hey, who knows, I'd be all for that idea as well).

Female
2,396 posts

ida92 • 29 November 2023 at 2:33 AM

@sapphire12 @kataclysm I agree with both of you. This would help a ton with bth trading and sending funds between accounts.

I find "trading" with myself between my UFT side and my main very annoying, so I don't "trade" with my side very often and end up hoarding EC on my side, until there's a large amount. I'd love to be able to just send it directly to my main.

Female
2,202 posts

ashlinnhi • 29 November 2023 at 2:59 AM

I'm definitely vouching (haha) for this idea too! Minnie's suggestion of the coin purses sounds really cute, but I also wouldn't mind the gift card idea where we would get to input custom amounts 😊

Female
457 posts

cageheart • 20 February 2024 at 2:06 PM

This NEEDS to happen! Having to set up trades or items in my shop to transfer EC from my side accounts to my main is super annoying. A voucher and a direct transfer would be perfect