🐻 Creature Suggestion: Naniluk 🐻

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
393 posts

redflipflap • 28 December 2023 at 4:23 PM

My beloved Egg Friends, I come before you today to present the latest creation via #redflipflapart! This fella takes heavy inspiration from prehistoric civilizations and Inuit Natives. The name derives from the Inuit words for "bear" and "cave". (I thought the use of "cave" was pretty fitting, y'know. Anyways.)

The Art: https://shorturl.at/blHLO

Some inspo pics because coloring the baby stage truly stumped me so I'm just gonna sit this one out:
- https://shorturl.at/mDRUX
- https://shorturl.at/lmowM

About the Naniluk Egg:

The Naniluk egg can be found in the back of ancient caves, ones that are often considered historical landmarks. When Arkian historians discovered these caves, they first noticed the intricate drawings on its walls, depicting people, animals, and culture. They then spotted the first Naniluk eggs, which nearly hide in plain sight, matching the prehistoric art on the walls.

About the Naniluk creature:

Grown Naniluks spend nearly half of the year hibernating, but when they're awake, they're regularly on the move. While they're typically solitary creatures, they can be found amongst their own kind when an abundance of food has been discovered. Ancient cultures hold the Naniluk near to their hearts as they represent strength and resilience during difficult times.

Thank you guys for taking a look! Feel free to ping your friends (or random strangers, that's fine.)

Pings:
@lexicon
@provo7demons
@dragrawr
@wonder404exe

Female
1,730 posts

lexicon • 28 December 2023 at 4:40 PM

@redflipflap he look like pancake A+

no but i love the concept!! i remember learning about caveman drawings in school always thought they were pretty neat :')

Female
393 posts

redflipflap • 28 December 2023 at 4:52 PM

@lexicon thank you!!! he's quite pancake (affectionate)

more pings:
@kataclysm
@shirothekittehlover
@isis
@sulvas

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 28 December 2023 at 5:41 PM

@redflipflap YES I LOVE BEARS PLEASE I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS HAPPEN

Female
393 posts

redflipflap • 28 December 2023 at 6:51 PM

@sapphire12 MORE BEARS MORE BEARS MORE BEARS MORE BEARS🐻🐻🐻

continuous amounts of pings:
@ian (:
@spookyfrog
@chihiro_sang
@megamisama90

320 posts

chihiro_sang • 28 December 2023 at 7:08 PM

Cute, a cave painting creature.

Female
923 posts

shirothekittehlover • 28 December 2023 at 7:47 PM

@redflipflap
Bear :]

Non-binary
1,405 posts

provo7demons • 28 December 2023 at 8:23 PM

@redflipflap BEAR FRIEND BEAR FRIEND HE'S SO FRIEND SHAPED WAAAAAA

I LOVE the colors so much!! the full grown stage is definitely my favorite it just looks so kind...just a little (big) guy

Female
376 posts

megamisama90 • 29 December 2023 at 3:21 AM

@redflipflap wow! The story. I really like that you've taken a part of old cultures and I really love the last stage, those hands ❤️ Perfect!

Female
2,216 posts

ashlinnhi • 29 December 2023 at 3:29 AM

@redflipflap I LOVE HIM OMG SO CUDDLY 🥺🥺🥺 the tie-in to Inuit culture is lovely!! and i loooove the detail on the final stage ❤️ ❤️

Female
2,550 posts

dragrawr • 29 December 2023 at 4:27 PM

@redflipflap ouuuuu pipi hes so cute. Big guy. Big two stage guy. GIVE HIM TO ME NEOW

Culture month WHEN

Female
393 posts

redflipflap • 29 December 2023 at 4:41 PM

@dragrawr two things i would kill for: culture month and PREHISTORIC MONTH. not like, just stereotypical dinosaurs like trexes and whatnot, but give me the WEIRD ONES. give me an ichthyosaurus, or a quetzacoatlus!!!

Female
2,550 posts

dragrawr • 29 December 2023 at 6:19 PM

@redflipflap UHM YES?? How did you know I had a dinosaur suggestion planned smh

Female
393 posts

redflipflap • 29 December 2023 at 6:27 PM

@dragrawr hot take: plan with me, we drop them around the same time, and mods/ian are overwhelmed with joy to have a prehistoric month~

181 posts

noman15 • 30 December 2023 at 2:33 PM

I love this idea for an art or history theme.

Female
393 posts

redflipflap • 6 January 2024 at 11:08 AM

@noman15 ooooo both an ancient month/art month just gave me SOOOOOOO many ideas