The Hunger Games Roleplay

in Roleplaying

Deleted • 16 July 2011 at 10:44 AM

@smilies we should use a number generator...
@ladybugheart Can District five just be gone?

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 17 July 2011 at 12:10 PM

Bump. 😊 I'll use a number generator and then PM the person.

The dead people can decide stuff like disasters. *cough*andhowmanypeoplewilldie*cough* 😈

Deleted • 17 July 2011 at 12:19 PM

@ladybugheart

Sometimes people should die in groups, like careers.

Deleted • 17 July 2011 at 12:22 PM

@ladybugheart Can we please start! Like district five was destroyed.

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 17 July 2011 at 12:23 PM

Yep. 😊 That might be a problem though, with the number generator... 😋

I PMed one of my friends who wanted to join in district 5. 😊 I'll call her about it.

Deleted • 17 July 2011 at 12:29 PM

@ladybugheart OKAY IM STARTING!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tess~
District 2
I walk out out my small hut. Today is the Reaping. I dress in my cute blue dress. I walk out. It starts. So many boring speaches. Now its time to pick. "TESS LEVRAL!" I hear. I walk up slowly. "ANY VOLUNTIRES?" None.

Deleted • 17 July 2011 at 12:40 PM

I slowly enter the reaping room, today is the reaping. I wore my orange dress that falls down until my knees. I whine threw half of the speeches, then its time to begin. I see a woman with pursed red lips, pink hair, and a long yellow dress walk up to a bowl, she sticks her hand in it and picks out a name. "Riley Rectral". That is my name, i slowly walk up to the stage, there are no volunters. Not one.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 17 July 2011 at 3:20 PM

Yellow strolled in the reaping grounds. She never worried about getting picked. Her name was only in it ONE time. She didn't need the extra food anyhow. She was a cutpurse, a thief.
And then they called out the name.
"This years rep is...... YELLOW QUARTZ!"
Yellow couldn't believe her ears. She sneered, and strolled up to the stage.
She knew they was no voulnteries.She had no family.

Deleted • 17 July 2011 at 3:42 PM

Tess~
District 2/ Train.
Im ready to fight, I know that I will probley die. I feel bad for everyone who does die. Even if they try to kill me. I walk with the woman into a room. One person comes, only one. Zach. He comes up to me and hugs me. "Dont die out there alright?" he jokes. "Ill try my best!" I say as I kiss his cheek. He's basicly my brother. "I would have volunteered if I didnt have seven mouths to feed, you know scince moms gone." he says. "I know, you can give more then me." I say. He has to go. But before he does he hands me something. A box. I open it and smile. Its his mothers wedding ring. I put it on and its time to board the train. I wave goodbye. Nobody there waves back, exept Zach. They bring me to a table, food. I eat with all the manners I have, not many scince I havent eaten like this ever. "So as you know were on our way to the Capitol. But! This year there is only one tribute per district." the woman says. A bell rings. "Oh its time for bed." she says and she leads me to a room. I slip on a nightgown and sleep in the most comftorble bed in the world.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@taffy789 So do you want Yellow and Tess to become a group?

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 17 July 2011 at 4:10 PM

@bluegirl80 = Sure. 😃 But not right now. XD

Yellow dug into her food.

Deleted • 17 July 2011 at 4:12 PM

@bluegirl80

@taffy789

If you guys become allies can I join?

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 17 July 2011 at 4:17 PM

@chloekins - Sure. 😃

Deleted • 17 July 2011 at 4:21 PM

@taffy789 I know. 😉
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tess~
Capitol.
I wake up and eat breakfast. Were now in the Capitol. I go outside and gasp. Its beautiful. Im taken into a room. Its time for my makeover. A team comes in and undresses me. I dont really care. "Beautiful, perfect." One of them says. They put me in a bath, it feels so good. When I come out im so much different, my skin is peach, not dust color. They give me a robe and I put it on. They do my nails, my hair put makeup on me and take a step back to let me see myself in the mirror. "Wow, I look... just wow!" I say. They smile. My face looks goth, all black makeup. A tall man comes in. "Perfect." he says. "Im Sean!" he says. He gives me an outfit and I put it on. A Peacekeeper outfit, then he gives me a spear. "I made this!" I laugh. "Really? You must be a weapons tester!" he says. "I am!"

9,386 posts

smilies • 17 July 2011 at 4:54 PM

Skipping ahead >_<

Hash
I had to return early with my flock this week, for the reaping. I looked up at the starry sky above me, knowing this would be the last time. It would be me this time, I knew it. I did this to myself every time before the reaping, but I couldn't help it. They'll take me like they took my brother.... I shivered, and not because of the cold.

My parents greet me without a word when I come home, they are so nervous. You can tell the loss of my brother nearly killed them, I don't know how they'll cope without me, but I try to smile reassuringly.

I know the speeches off by heart, and me and my friend, Matt imitate the speakers, mouthing the words and mocking them. I almost forget what's going to happen. The second before the women reads out the name stretches on for an eternity. I felt the whole world moving around me in that space. I thought, My name's only in there once... It CAN'T be me. But it was.
I knew nobody was going to volunteer. Since my brother was taken I was an only child. Matt looked down at his shoes and I knew how he felt. But he had two younger sisters to look after, and really his mother too, as his father had died of sickness, which was so common here. I looked at my feet, too.

Deleted • 17 July 2011 at 4:56 PM

@smilies Do you wanna join @taffy789 @chloekins and my group thing?

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 17 July 2011 at 5:21 PM

DDDDD:
Did you guys read the first post? Anyway, here's some other stuff you need to know:
- We're starting at the reaping.
- It was supposed to be third person and past tense, but we're changing it to first person. (present tense is preferred, but past tense is ok if it's hard for you)
- Use double parentheses or brackets when speaking OOC.
- No skipping around please--we can't have one person in the arena and one person at the Capitol.
- Please be detailed about everything that happens.

Can you please put your character's name at the beginning of every post so we don't get confused? 😊 Like this:

Melody~

I nervously wait...

I'll do all the dates, like when the interviews are or when we go into the arena.

And yes, we're starting. 😊 Everyone should be at the reaping now.

May the odds be ever in your favor! 😃

9,386 posts

smilies • 17 July 2011 at 5:23 PM

@ladybugheart Ahhh, can I please use first??? >_<

Deleted • 17 July 2011 at 5:26 PM

@ladybugheart Sorry! Im gunna stop untill everyone else catches up.

Deleted • 17 July 2011 at 5:29 PM

I slip out of my small house. Normally, I'd go do whatever in the town, but today is the reaping. I had put on my red silk dress earlier this morning. Perfect for District 8, makers of fabric. What a stupid job, I think to myself. People are starting to gather in the square. I complain to myself as the speeches start, while waiting for my parents to hurry up and get into town. Finally, they draw the names. "Purslane Olsen!" they announce. I can't believe it. My name is pulled out of hundreds of District 8 girls. I force my legs into action. No volunteers. I see my six year old brother staring at me in disbelief. I hope my family tells him when I die. "May the odds be ever in your favor!" Those words will ring in my ears all the way to the Capitol.

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 17 July 2011 at 6:08 PM

[@smilies Yes, we're changing it to first. 😊 @bluegirl80 It's okay--just wait up for us. xD]

Melody~
District 11

I climb down an apple tree, surrounded by a large orchard. I hear my mother's call. /The reaping is today./ I think, giving a sigh. I run back into the house, slipping on a dark red dress.

My little sister follows me as I walk into the reaping area, standing with the other 14 year olds of District 11. I glance at the stage, the reaping ball... and then at the empty chair. That's where the District 11 tribute will be sitting soon. Sara Hanson, with her ocean-bue hair tied up in a ponytail and unique drawings on her arms, walks up to the podium with a smile. "Happy Hunger Games!" she chirps. "And may the odds be ever in your favor!" I'm nervous as she pulls out a slip of paper from the ball. The crowd is silent.

Sara takes a breath and reads the name.

"Melody Brooks."

No. No. The color drains from my face, and I step back. I look at the people next to me, as if asking for help. A few people shake their head, and eventually I shuffle onto the stage. My face is emotionless, my brain full of thoughts. I'm angry, angry at the Capitol for doing this to us.

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 17 July 2011 at 7:10 PM

Jade~
District 4
REAPING.

My parents knew this was coming. Ever since my dad won the ## Hunger Games, he knew if he ever had a child, that child is very likely to be unfairly reaped. And apparently that child was me.

"Jade Arce! Step right up!" a beaming woman called out to the crowd. I slowly stepped up to the plate. "Now, this year is very special. ONLY ONE, AND I MEAN ONE, tribute from each district gets to go! And that's SPECIAL!" she beamed. 'Oh, yeah. I'd rather be struck by lightning. THAT'S SPECIAL!' I thought. But before i could complain, I was shuffled out.

"She didn't say this, but may the odds ever be in your favor, honey." my mom gently told me. 'But apparently we all knew what she was saying inside, don't we? She was saying this would be probably the last time you'll see me. So TOODLES!' I pondered.

Deleted • 17 July 2011 at 7:20 PM

Tess~
Capitol
Im told that the Reaping was two days early today was the true Reaping day. Im given a wounderful room. "This is so... amazing. I thought that the Capitol would bring me lots of dread." I tell Sean. Im served food. "Hot Chocolate!!!" I want to yell as I sip.

Deleted • 17 July 2011 at 7:23 PM

Saroura~
District1
I laugh joyfully.The reaping.The very day I've been waiting for.Donning a green silk dress adorned with white diamonds and blue sapphires beaded around the waist,I stroll confidently,elegantly to the square.Casting a quick glance at the reaping ball and tribute chair,I find myself a good spot and wait.But even though I have always dreamed of this moment,a sudden rush of dread hits me as when I hear my name."Saroura Baser!"My fist clenches and relaxes again.Taking a deep breath,I walk up to the stage,smiling and waving."And may the odds ever be in your favor!"As I hear these words,my brain registers one thought:"Oh yes.They will."

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 17 July 2011 at 7:25 PM

@cutebluekittykat Career Pack? :x

Deleted • 17 July 2011 at 7:26 PM

@trish
Yah?What about it?

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 17 July 2011 at 7:27 PM

@cutebluekittykay I meant do we form the Career Pack? XD

Deleted • 17 July 2011 at 7:29 PM

@cutebluekittycat @trish Tess is joining the Career Pack and then shes leaving for some other people..

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 17 July 2011 at 7:30 PM

[Remember! Double parentheses or brackets for OOC! xD]

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 17 July 2011 at 7:31 PM

[ @bluegirl80 I'd rather you just join one and stick with it. XD ]

Deleted • 17 July 2011 at 7:33 PM

@trish Okay...