So You Think You Can WRITE?

in General

9,386 posts

smilies • 26 August 2011 at 7:49 AM

@randomkitty17 Lucky! Or... Not O_o

3,562 posts

cafe • 26 August 2011 at 7:54 AM

Okay! I've picked my topic

Can it be Chryssie [She's half druid] falls into the fairy world/universe?

Deleted • 26 August 2011 at 8:42 AM

@smilies can i re-enter, i never got ur ping backso i didnt replyโ˜น๏ธ[iv been thinking of a story all this time >.< a 5 posts story๐Ÿ˜‹]

Deleted • 26 August 2011 at 8:54 AM

@smilies Can I enter? I just need to think of a good storyline, now ๐Ÿ˜‰

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 26 August 2011 at 8:57 AM

@smilies Alas! I will enter! But ping me every few days to remind me... I firget stuff xD

9,386 posts

smilies • 26 August 2011 at 5:13 PM

@cafe Sure.
@icicle_9510 Sorry, sure.
@choocalate Sure.
@bunnyshadow You could subscribe or something.

Deleted • 26 August 2011 at 5:15 PM

@smilies Happy early birthday! Incase I forget..

Female
6,239 posts

redstar-fireclan • 26 August 2011 at 5:16 PM

@smiles
Can I join?

9,386 posts

smilies • 26 August 2011 at 5:17 PM

@redstar-fireclan YES.

Female
6,239 posts

redstar-fireclan • 26 August 2011 at 5:20 PM

@smiles
What's with the big "Yes"? :if you dont want me, its okay! ^^
I really understand-some ppl don't like Warriors..๐Ÿ˜Š

9,386 posts

smilies • 26 August 2011 at 5:21 PM

@redstar-fireclan Anyone can join! xD

Female
6,239 posts

redstar-fireclan • 26 August 2011 at 5:23 PM

@smiles Yay.
xD

Read my first half of The Hunted Forest?

9,386 posts

smilies • 26 August 2011 at 5:24 PM

@redstar-fireclan I don't know where that is and it is better to write something specifically for the comp....

Female
6,239 posts

redstar-fireclan • 26 August 2011 at 5:25 PM

@smiles
What do you mean?

I can't do Warriors?

Deleted • 26 August 2011 at 5:27 PM

@smilies hmmmm....i think im going to write something sad...i dont have a story so small xD I like to write...a LOT Owo

9,386 posts

smilies • 26 August 2011 at 5:29 PM

@icicle_9510 5 posts is reealllly long.

@redstar-fireclan You can. Post it here.

Female
6,239 posts

redstar-fireclan • 26 August 2011 at 5:30 PM

@smiles

The Hunted Forest (Warrior story..my own)

Prologue (middle of story, but in begging.)

"Not Redstar, Wait!" jayfur called. Jayfur ran faster. But still coudn't catch up to Redstar. "No! I cant! I have to find Bloodkit!" Redstar growled. Jayfur stopped. Redstar isn't blind! How can Redstar know where he's going?
Redstar ran fatser into the forest. It was getting darker.......and darker......and darker...

End of Prologe

Jayfur is a blind cat. His fur is gray.
Redstar is leader of FireClan. Not blind. Dark ginger (red) spots on his ears, feet, tail, and paws. Former Leader of FireClan *He's alive in this book.*

10 more chapters.

Deleted • 26 August 2011 at 5:35 PM

@smilies I usually have to shorten my entries for competitions xD anyways, I'll be starting on writing it...are cliffhanger endings alloweed? OwO

9,386 posts

smilies • 26 August 2011 at 5:37 PM

@icicle_9510 Of course.
@redstar-fireclan Good job, continue?

Female
6,239 posts

redstar-fireclan • 26 August 2011 at 5:40 PM

Chapter 1
It was a full moon tonight. "A Gathering.." Redstar sighed.
There are for cats: Redstar of FireClan, Scarheart of GoldenClan. Bulldogstar of BulldogClan, and Ma$estar of PlatinumClan.
"Lets see..who am I going to take? Hm..Got it!
Dasiyheart, Jayfur, Scourgeheart, Ashpaw and Grasspelt!" Redstar meowed. "Ok, Dasiyheart! Jayfur! Scourgeheart! Ashpaw! Grasspelt!" Redstar yelled.
All 6 cats walked to Four Trees. Four Trees was where the cats meet at the full moon. Four Trees is a place where the cats meet in peace. But there is a truce: You can fight each other. When Redstar got there the other 3 Clan leaders were there. "Hello, Scarheart, Bulldogstar, Ma$estar." Redstar meowed. "We thought FireClan would come!" Scarheart teased. "haha REAL funney." Redstar hissed.

End of Chapter 1.
Dasiyheart is a cream long-haired cat. Leader's daughter and not blind.
Scarheart is a black cat with scars.
Bulldogstar looks like a...bulldog.
Ma$estar looks liek a siamese
Grassfur is brown.
Scourgeheart is black with a
white paw.
Ashfur is gray.

Deleted • 26 August 2011 at 5:40 PM

@smilies ah ok good^^ actually, that wont matter cuz i know what story im going to use know[unless i change my mind xD]^^ I'll post tomorrow...

Deleted • 26 August 2011 at 5:51 PM

OK... did not live up to its purpose. It will NOT need tweaking ๐Ÿ˜‰

I remember the days when we played in the grass. Rolling around without a care in the world. We were young then. We had no idea that the world could be so terrible. Our parents watched from our home's doorstep. Funny how that worked, actually. However 13 years later, it wasn't the same as green grass and grass stains. It was war.

WAR
Shapeshifters. They're everywhere. One shot at us. Being Shapeshifters ourselves, Eric and I were dodging bullets in wolf form. I skittered sideways with a terrified glance at Eric as a bullet narrowly missed me. And then my brother wasn't there. Why had he fallen behind? I kept running, even though there were no more bullets. Red sun on the horizon turned the battlefield red, the color of blood. Me, the shaggy gray wolf, kept running. I soon melted into my human body, two nights after, and found Eric as half human, half wolf. He hadn't the strength to fully shift. "Eric!" I said quietly. "Pine," he whispered. He finally melted into his full human body (yes, complete with clothes and everything, just like me), and told me. "You're the one thing I want to see before I go." We fell asleep together, knowing it was much more comforting to have the other there.
Finally, in the morning, he died. At last, they have taken everything from me. My parents, my friends, and last, my brother. My heart has finally broken.

Phew. I didn't think all the text would fit!๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Female
307 posts

ayuzawa • 27 August 2011 at 3:57 AM

hey @smilies did you get my lart part?

9,386 posts

smilies • 27 August 2011 at 3:59 AM

@ayuzawa Yep! Coolio! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Deleted • 27 August 2011 at 6:04 PM

"Purrow! Ribbons! Hahaha! Purrmeoww!" Faded_Echoes squealed in delight. The little tiny flaren duo were having fun tossing a little fluffy ball of shaibun fur around, and were having a blast doing so. "Okay you two, time for bed." cooed a soothing voice. Faded_Echoes glanced up and was immersed into her mothers' deep pools of shimmering ivy green eyes. Faded_Echoes glanced at Ribbons who was also looking at her mother, Green-Tea, adoringly. "Awww, ma do we have to?" Faded_Echoes asked. Ribbons shot a look at her sister, mischieviousness glinting in her sapphire eyes. Their mother purred loudly with affection. "Now now my little flaren,we all know what that answer is! Now scurry you two, bedtime! I've got a story for you two..."
"Oooh! A story!" squealed Ribbons. "What's it about?"
"Ahh, my little flaren darling. It's called 'The Flaren War.'"
"Ooo-oo-oh!" squeaked Faded_Echoes, who was growing sleepier by the second, with a yawn. "Sounds interesting!"
"Yeah, oh mama please tell us!"
"Oh all right," said Green-Tea curling up around her kits in their fluffy nest.
"It all started long ago, when Dazzle-Steps, the ancient leader of the Zap-Strikers clan wanted power over all the clans, and proposed to the other flaren leaders to join forces and rule together, plotting to overthrow them later on. The other flaren leaders, Blue-Jewel of the Misty-Nights clan, and Frost-Light of the Ice-Lagoon clan agreed to join, but Dark-Moon, the leader of the Shadow-Stalkers clan refused.---

Deleted • 27 August 2011 at 6:05 PM

"Huheeehhee..." Lori's breath's rasp was shallow and short. She had fallen onto an ice ledge after an avelanche had forcefully swallowed her in its snow while hiking. Now, defeated and exhausted, Lori braced herself for death, willing another avalanche or snowstorm to come and finish the job. Icicles formed on her breath as the sky turned an enchanting royal blue. Stars shimmered in the sky like diamonds. Just then, an ominous howl echoed.
'Awrooooooooooo!'
Lori froze on the spot. Her shivering stopped. A shadow was lurking in the dark. The menacing silhouette of a dazzling black wolf was slowly creeping towards her. Lori stared blanky. It was as if there was no meaning of existence left. No love left in her heart. Lori let the black wolf pad up to her. It was just made of fog it seemed, wit beaming blood-red eyes that glowed. Feelings of despair and dread started to pour into Lori. 'It's time...' she whispered. 'Time to die...' But just then, an iridescent display of colors erupted in the starry sky above. A bursting rainbow, the Northern lights of Alaska shining strong and true. The black wolf howled with what seemed to be pained, and in a flash, it was gone. The feelings of despair, dread, and hopelessness rushed out of her body, leaving Lori gasping for air. She forced herself upright, drawing in large gasps of breath. She looked forward Perched on any icy edge, shimmered a wolf made of what seemed to be liquid Star Dust.....

Deleted • 27 August 2011 at 6:06 PM

"The Offended Dazzle-Steps challenged Dark-Moon and threatened his clan, but Dark-Moon didn't budge saying he'd rather die than let his clan be bossed around by the other leaders. Ufortunately, Dark-Moon's grim prospect was soon answered, as Dazzle-Steps lunged at Dark-Moon, killing him instantly. Thus the War began, all four clans against one another."
"Then what happened Mama?"
"Well, you see, since none of the Flaren Clans trusted one another---"
"Green-Tea a word please." interrupted a brisk voice from outside. Faded_Echoes looked up at Green-Tea. Was that a flash of fear in her mother's eyes? 'No, can't be...' she thought nervously. "Yes, coming Dream-Pelt." Green-Tea finally replied to the solemn looking deputy as she got up and added away. "Wonder what they're talking about," mumbled Ribbons, stifling a yawn. "I don't know." Faded_Echoes said shakily. "But Green-Tea look ups-"
Faded_Echoes was cut off as a shrill shriek pierced the night. A wild looking Green-Tea skidded into the den. "NO NEVER!!!" she screeched at Dream-Pelt, who had scrambled into the den after her. "Mama!" Ribbons squeaked, fur fluffed with fright. "Green-Tea, please stop!" Green-Tea rounded on Dream-Pelt, cold fury in her eyes. "Never, Dream-Pelt," she hissed icily. "Then I'm sorry for this, Green Tea."
"Sorry for wh-RRRRROOOOWWWW!" Green-Tea screeched as Dream-Pelt streaked forward and grabbed the queen by her scruff, dragging her from the den. Faded_Echoes took one last dizzy look at the stars--

Deleted • 27 August 2011 at 6:07 PM

The shining wolf gracefully seemed to glide over to Lori. As it glided nearer and nearer, Lori let out a gasp of shock. The wolf's fur shined with dazzling colors of tawny gold, silver, and the colors of the Northern Lights. It swiftly bounded in one jump to the ledge where Lori was, causing the ice to shine like a million frost-filled diamonds. It stopped right in front of Lori, amber eyes bearing into hers. But Lori felt no fear, no. In fact, she felt as if she was staring directly into the eyes of hope.
"Are you the being who has echoed for death?" The wolf spoke, it's great booming inquired. "Y-Yes." Lori choked out.
"Why?" the question was so simple, yet so painful to answer.
"There's no hope." Lori finally choked out.
"There is not?" the great booming voice spoke fiercly. "What makes you think that puny mortal?"
"I-I there's no one here to help me."
"So THAT causes you to lose hope? Causes you to call for death? IS death the answer to you when you cannot draw hope out of hiding?"
"N-no sir-"
"THEN WHAT IS!?"
"The prospect of never seeing my family again! Of dying alone on this ice ledge! I know a rescue won't come! I'm going to slowly freeze to death! I'd rather it be quick than torturously slow!"
"So I see." the wolf said slowly, calming down,no glint of anger in its eyes.
"W-who that wolf was?"
"That was Kai, the ghost wolf. HE is death, the stealer of souls, the ghost wolf. You called for death, Kai came."
"And who are you?"
"I am Fuyuki, the spirit of hope..."

Deleted • 27 August 2011 at 6:09 PM

and then it
All
Went
BLACK....

'Faded...Faded....'
"Huh?" Faded_Echoes murmured in her sleep.
'Faded...Come, Faded...'
"WHAT!?" Faded_Echoes jumped awake with fright. She quickly glanced around. She was no lnger in the camp, instead she was by a waterfall surrounded by luminous purple flowers that cascaded on vines. The ground was squishy and soft, and a faint green glowing light that emanted from the middle of the waterfall pool bathed her in light. The a rasping,yet booming voice spoke.
'The voices are whispering... They whisper of memories that have faded into mist. Dreams, wishes, hopes that never came true... They have all been crushed, destroyed, broken. But this little one, she is full of dreams, wishes, and hopes.... that will also one day be broken, crushed, or destroyed..... unless she fullfills the quest that her name brings her... Go into the Mist, Faded_Echoes! Bring back the faded memories, the dreams, wishes, and hopes. You have a great destiny ahead of you...'
"W-what?" Faded_Echoes squeaked. "What do you mean?" But just then the ground turned to black nothingness underneath her, and she felt herself falling, and falling....
"AHHHH!" Faded_Echoes awoke panting. Green-Tea was gone. She was in the Misty-Healer's medicine den. "Who-who were you?" She croaked to no one.
But then Birthday came into the den and hushed her, telling her to go back to sleep. Faded_Echoes sat back up. "I will figure out what you mean...I hope...." she whispered silently to herself.

Deleted • 27 August 2011 at 6:10 PM

@smilies Can I change my entry to that story?