The Thief Shop

in General

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 25 August 2021 at 1:35 PM

You pay the shopkeeper 107,895 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

You eagerly wait for this egg to hatch... it begins to crack.
The egg "hatches," only to discover it was a plastic egg covered in black ink. It wasn't a real egg! The shopkeeper doesn't offer an apology after you get really upset with him.

You consider coming back in the future to see if another egg hatches successfully but you have your doubts about this place.

——————-

You pay the shopkeeper 89,506 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

YOU TAKE YOUR MYSTERY EGG SUCCESSFULLY!!! You're overwhelmed with excitement as you gaze upon your brand-new egg. You immediately have feelings of love and care for your creature. You notice that it's a Reidea and can't wait for it to grow up.

Two-Spirit
150 posts

watagachi • 28 August 2021 at 3:12 AM

There's 7 eggs in there! What's happening? lol

Mystery Egg
1 in stock
541,079 EC

Mystery Egg
1 in stock
539,285 EC

Mystery Egg
1 in stock
552,854 EC

Mystery Egg
1 in stock
571,022 EC

Mystery Egg
1 in stock
533,017 EC

Mystery Egg
1 in stock
518,157 EC

Mystery Egg
1 in stock
572,621 EC

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 31 August 2021 at 2:01 PM

You pay the shopkeeper 109,036 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

15 minutes pass as you wait for the egg to hatch. It rumbles and shakes a bit...
The egg "hatches," only to discover it was a plastic egg covered in black ink. It wasn't a real egg! The shopkeeper doesn't offer an apology after you get really upset with him.

You hold up the shopkeeper and say, "If you don't refund my Egg Coins, I'll end you!" The shopkeeper cowers and returns 33,801 EC back to you.

You consider coming back in the future to see if another egg hatches successfully but you have your doubts about this place.
---------
You pay the shopkeeper 118,760 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

The shopkeeper pulls out a sketchy-looking vial labeled Experimental Super-hatch Serum and applies it to the egg.
The egg opens. But there's not a creature inside. You ask the shopkeeper what could've happened but he doesn't answer your question.

————————
You pay the shopkeeper 87,868 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

A special glow begins to envelope this egg. It appears to be hatching...
YOU TAKE YOUR MYSTERY EGG SUCCESSFULLY!!! You're overwhelmed with excitement as you gaze upon your brand-new egg. You immediately have feelings of love and care for your creature. You notice that it's a Soetzal and can't wait for it to grow up.
———————
You pay the shopkeeper 78,770 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

The shopkeeper pulls out a sketchy-looking vial labeled Experimental Super-hatch Serum and applies it to the egg.
The egg opens. But there's not a creature inside. You ask the shopkeeper what could've happened but he doesn't answer your question.

—————————
You pay the shopkeeper 28,291 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

The shopkeeper pulls out a high-powered, red heat lamp and places your mystery egg beneath it. You think it's supposed to help the egg hatch quicker.

You pay the shopkeeper 22,918 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

Female
373 posts

arvak • 2 September 2021 at 10:34 PM

You pay the shopkeeper 84,250 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

You eagerly wait for the egg to hatch... the egg sits there and then begins to crack.
The egg continues to rumbles and eventually hatches after more waiting. The creature survives for about 2 minutes but doesn't make it.

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 2 September 2021 at 11:13 PM

Hello I'm here with some adventures from the TS

One day:
Bought 3 500k eggs. One was a tidnab, one was a Jerob, one was a dud

Another day: bought 3 500k eggs. 2 were duds and one was a dilloton

Female
584 posts

xxcouchxx • 4 September 2021 at 8:56 AM

@beta

Wow noice 😱

You pay the shopkeeper 104,010 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

You wait a bit longer for the egg to hatch. It opens. Much to your surprise, it appears to be an unfertilized egg. You get upset with the shopkeeper and feel gipped out of the deal.

You politely ask for your Egg Coins back because the hatching failed. The shopkeeper talks you in circles for a number of minutes and then finally agrees to give you 16,642 EC back. You're still pretty angry but think that it's better than nothing.

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 5 September 2021 at 2:23 AM

You pay the shopkeeper 99,630 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

Female
172 posts

namyna • 5 September 2021 at 8:21 AM

You pay the shopkeeper 124,341 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

YOU TAKE YOUR MYSTERY EGG SUCCESSFULLY!!! You're overwhelmed with excitement as you gaze upon your brand-new egg. You immediately have feelings of love and care for your creature. You notice that it's a Akrep and can't wait for it to grow up.

My second Akrep from Thief Shop ❤

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 6 September 2021 at 8:10 PM

You pay the shopkeeper 15,652 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

You wait with the shopkeeper for about 8 minutes and hope that the egg hatches because you desperately want to see what the creature might be...

You politely ask for your Egg Coins back because the hatching failed. The shopkeeper talks you in circles for a number of minutes and then finally agrees to give you 2,817 EC back. You're still pretty angry but think that it's better than nothing.

———————————-
You pay the shopkeeper 120,491 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

You hold up the shopkeeper and say, "If you don't refund my Egg Coins, I'll end you!" The shopkeeper cowers and returns 13,254 EC back to you.

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 8 September 2021 at 4:53 AM

You pay the shopkeeper 80,395 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

The egg cracks and appears to hatch... but a slimy, non-living object is located within. It's not a real creature but some weird inanimate object! You feel tricked by the shopkeeper and yell saying, "These eggs are supposed to contain real creatures and not stuffed with random items!"

You know that the shopkeeper doesn't give refunds after purchase but you demand your Egg Coins back. The shopkeeper doesn't agree to a full refund but gives you 28,138 EC back.

Female
1,621 posts

solaris • 9 September 2021 at 3:34 PM

You pay the shopkeeper 107,885 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

You politely ask for your Egg Coins back because the hatching failed. The shopkeeper talks you in circles for a number of minutes and then finally agrees to give you 39,917 EC back. You're still pretty angry but think that it's better than nothing.

Female
4,149 posts

emo_pattys • 11 September 2021 at 8:40 PM

You pay the shopkeeper 24,496 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

You wait a bit longer for the egg to hatch. It opens. Much to your surprise, it appears to be an unfertilized egg. You get upset with the shopkeeper and feel gipped out of the deal.

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 17 September 2021 at 10:09 PM

You pay the shopkeeper 122,739 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

You eagerly wait for the egg to hatch... the egg sits there and then begins to crack.
The egg continues to rumbles and eventually hatches after more waiting. The creature survives for about 5 minutes but doesn't make it.

You threaten the shopkeeper and say, "If you don't refund me for this scam, I'll turn you into the Town Hall!" The shopkeeper becomes very apologetic and fearful but only returns 28,230 EC. You decide it's enough to keep you quiet... for now.

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 19 September 2021 at 10:06 AM

You pay the shopkeeper 23,415 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

The shopkeeper pulls out a high-powered, red heat lamp and places your mystery egg beneath it. You think it's supposed to help the egg hatch quicker.

You know that the shopkeeper doesn't give refunds after purchase but you demand your Egg Coins back. The shopkeeper doesn't agree to a full refund but gives you 9,132 EC back.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 22 September 2021 at 3:41 AM

3:09 am ECT
My FIRST Thief Shop success! ! ! !
I've gotten at least one success in all the other rare things first (Terron, Oasis, Asteroid,) and most people say this is the easy one. o.O It was my last mountain to conquer. I was starting to think the grand swindler was never going to come through.

- - - - - -

You pay the shopkeeper 119,078 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

https://static.eggcave.com/90by90/unknown_egg.png

YOU TAKE YOUR MYSTERY EGG SUCCESSFULLY!!! You're overwhelmed with excitement as you gaze upon your brand-new egg. You immediately have feelings of love and care for your creature. You notice that it's a Cachnid and can't wait for it to grow up.

F https://static.eggcave.com/90by90/cachnid_1.png

- - - -- - - -

Does anyone know what evolves Cachnids? (Clicks, Views, Feeds?) Or how many?

Trans Man
151 posts

ancientclaw • 26 September 2021 at 6:03 PM

You pay the shopkeeper 507,602 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

You threaten the shopkeeper and say, "If you don't refund me for this scam, I'll turn you into the Town Hall!" The shopkeeper becomes very apologetic and fearful but only returns 162,433 EC. You decide it's enough to keep you quiet... for now.

--
Now that's a big oof
EDIT: Snagged a 94k, also a dud

Female
183 posts

singasong99 • 26 September 2021 at 11:38 PM

@snowywinter Congrats! I have yet to get a Thief Shop egg that isn't a dud, but I'll get there someday. 😊

The Cachnid evolves at:
500 Feeds
1000 Feeds
1500 Feeds

Hope this helps!

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 27 September 2021 at 12:05 AM

@singasong99 I'm sure it all comes down to number of attempts and luck of the draw. I'm sure you'll get there some day.

Thank you! It helps a LOT. 😸

@watagachi
wow! that beats the record i ever saw. (6)

Female
3,806 posts

sparklefox • 1 October 2021 at 6:42 AM

You pay the shopkeeper 79,886 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

The egg cracks and appears to hatch... but a slimy, non-living object is located within. It's not a real creature but some weird inanimate object! You feel tricked by the shopkeeper and yell saying, "These eggs are supposed to contain real creatures and not stuffed with random items!"

You know that the shopkeeper doesn't give refunds after purchase but you demand your Egg Coins back. The shopkeeper doesn't agree to a full refund but gives you 21,569 EC back.

At least I got a slight refund, I guess.

Female
1,509 posts

froot • 2 October 2021 at 9:39 AM

@snowywinter @sparklefox
i don't know if y'all are interested but there's THREE in there right now and i got 4 duds in a row yesterday so chances are, either one of these ones isn't a dud

i'm broke so i can't buy it even if i wanted

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 2 October 2021 at 9:47 AM

Thank you for the ping @shadowfaxe. I actually seen that. (and one "affordable" one. I was tempted.) I often check out of curiosity, but I try to try no more often than once a month. (And fail. Usually I try two or three times.) I planned on not trying at all until I had all my other WL creatures. Oh well.
(And I'm low on cove space. 3 left. Plan on trying to remedy that later today after I have some sleep.)

They're there if someone wants them.

Female
1,509 posts

froot • 2 October 2021 at 9:50 AM

@snowywinter
they're gone now
i guess we'll never know :sadge:

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 2 October 2021 at 9:57 AM

@shadowfaxe maybe someone will let us know. I was having a really good feeling about that 2nd (middle) 500k egg. (I would have prob just bought the 100k egg though.)

Edit: actually I just looked at most recent eggs and the were all Caves.

Female
3,806 posts

sparklefox • 2 October 2021 at 10:01 AM

@shadowfaxe - Sorry, didn't see this until now. Took a glance at the recent creatures list and it looks like they were all duds anyway, oh well.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 2 October 2021 at 7:00 PM

Despite those duds earlier today, it's the low hanging fruit I sometimes can't resist. >.<

"You pay the shopkeeper 26,883 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

You wait a bit longer for the egg to hatch. It opens. Much to your surprise, it appears to be an unfertilized egg.

You get upset with the shopkeeper and feel gipped out of the deal.
You consider coming back in the future to see if another egg hatches successfully but you have your doubts about this place. "

Trans Man
151 posts

ancientclaw • 3 October 2021 at 8:14 PM

You hold up the shopkeeper and say, "If you don't refund my Egg Coins, I'll end you!" The shopkeeper cowers and returns 4,428 EC back to you.

--
3rd times the charm did not apply in this case

Agender
56 posts

raen • 3 October 2021 at 8:26 PM

First time ever that I saw eggs there, rushed to buy them. Spent 1.5 M in 3 eggs, no pets. Not doing it again.

Female
2,300 posts

metaphor • 4 October 2021 at 8:28 PM

YOU TAKE YOUR MYSTERY EGG SUCCESSFULLY!!! You're overwhelmed with excitement as you gaze upon your brand-new egg. You immediately have feelings of love and care for your creature. You notice that it's a Akrep and can't wait for it to grow up.

Female
373 posts

arvak • 6 October 2021 at 11:03 PM

You pay the shopkeeper 80,157 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

6 minutes pass as you wait for the egg to hatch. It rumbles and shakes a bit...

Female
4,149 posts

emo_pattys • 10 October 2021 at 4:12 PM

You pay the shopkeeper 10,303 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

10 minutes pass as you wait for the egg to hatch. It rumbles and shakes a bit...

You know that the shopkeeper doesn't give refunds after purchase but you demand your Egg Coins back. The shopkeeper doesn't agree to a full refund but gives you 2,988 EC back.