The Phantom's Rise (Roleplay!)

in Roleplaying

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 25 July 2016 at 6:54 PM

Damien smiles a sly smile. "Yeah. I will." He says and grabs Lycia, covering her mouth, making it look like an accident. "Come along!" he says walking slowly so she can catch up.

~~~

"Y-" Lycia says and then Damien covers her mouth. Your seriously forcing me with him!? She was going to say until she was stopped. Tears flowed down her face as she turned to look at the others, trying to pull Damien's arm off, but she couldn't. She stopped crying and turned around, shaking furiously.

@shadow_girl

Female
496 posts

shadow_girl • 25 July 2016 at 7:04 PM

@lailaluckyseal87

"Wait a bit now, Mr. Overprotective Boyfriend." snaps Iris. "She didn't agree to it, did she? Let her say what she thinks about this whole idea." She's lost Lycia once. She doesn't want to lose her again.

~~~

"SHE AGREED TO IT, YOU CAN TAKE HER." Jeff thinks in Damien's direction. "Well, I'm leaving!" He announces, trotting off into the woods and morphing into a small chickadee. He's going to spy on Damien. Old habits die hard.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 25 July 2016 at 7:06 PM

"Yes, she did." Damien said and then his voice changed to a sickening nice. "Right sweetie?" he said falsly.

~~~

Lycia tried to shake her head but couldn't as Damien dragged her deeper into the forest. NOOOOOOOOOO she screamed in her head.

@shadow_girl

Female
190 posts

shadowtail_flamestorm • 26 July 2016 at 12:13 AM

@lailaluckyseal87 @shadow_girl

Keesha blocked Damien's path, glowering. 'You didn't even give her a chance to speak!' Kyla slinked behind him, grabbing his shoulders. 'She never said yes...' She whispered, grinning in a creepy way. 'Besides, Lycia broke up with you, didn't she? Why don't you just let her go? She's not your property!' Keesha was angry. Kyla shoved Damien on the behind and pulled Lycia away. Kyla turned invisible along with other girl.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 26 July 2016 at 7:28 AM

"Hey!" Damien yelled. "She did agree!"

~~~

Lycia took a deep breathe and closed her eyes trying to stop crying. "Yes.. I'm going." she said in a shaky breathe. She wanted to stop him from hurting anyone else.

@shadowtail_flamestorm @shadow_girl

Female
496 posts

shadow_girl • 26 July 2016 at 8:03 PM

@shadowtail_flamestorm @lailaluckyseal87

"A...Are you sure?" Iris knows that she might never see Lycia again, and that she's probably just agreeing to keep the rest of them safe. "Well, one more question. WHY do you want her? You can't hurt her..you promised not to? So why..."

~~~

Jeff watches the commotion from the tree, then chirps a little tune. Another bird answers. He smiles inwardly. Birds have it so easy.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 26 July 2016 at 8:05 PM

"Because.." Damien said dragging her faster. "Bye!!" He calls back and then begins to whisper. He gags Lycia and turns into a wolf, dragging her deep into the forest. He ties her to a tree and then shoots her repeatedly with arrows. "Ah, target practice. Might as well let you die this time." He said smirking.

~~~

Lycia screamed inside her gags, but no one could hear her. Tears fell down her face, she knew she was saving everyone, but was dying. She blacked out after the fifth arrow pierced her.

@shadow_girl @shadowtail_flamestorm

Female
496 posts

shadow_girl • 26 July 2016 at 8:10 PM

@lailaluckyseal87

"Liar..." seethes Jeff in his bird form. Annoyed, he flies till he's directly above Damien, then morphs into a rhino. And falls. And...lands.

He looks at Lycia with wild eyes, then lets out the loudest rhino bellow he can. It sounds like a air raid signal. He's fairly sure he's driven himself deaf. But...maybe the others will hear.

~~~

iris is looking out to where Damien had sprinted off when she is shocked by a thunderous noise coming from the direction he had gone. Not Damien...so...

JEFF! The thought breaks into her mind. He must have followed them. Flapping her wings, she flies towards the noise. "I'M COMING LYCIA!!!"

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 26 July 2016 at 8:17 PM

Damien growls at Jeff. "Party pooper.." He mutters while releasing an arrow into her neck. He shoots more arrows and glances around, pulling the arrows out and shooting more.

Female
496 posts

shadow_girl • 26 July 2016 at 8:22 PM

@lailaluckyseal87

Jeff head-butts Damien. Backing up, he rams his heavy rhinoceros head into Damaien's back as hard as he can. Hopefully that will do some damage. Letting out another roar, he turns to analyze how bad Lycia's injuries are. He doesn't help her, though. Shifting from rhino form would leave him vulnerable.

And rhinos don't have hands.

~~~

Iris lands. "Alissa! Keisha! Keisha's imaginary friend! GET OVER HERE!" She hollers, then went to Lycia. Untying her ropes and picking her up, she flaps to the top of a tall tree. "Shh..." she soothes, ungagging her. "Shhh..."

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 26 July 2016 at 8:24 PM

Lycia wakes up feeling groggy. "Mommy... i need candy.." she mutters before blacking out, slowly dying.

~~~~~

Damien hits the ground and shoots Jeff with an arrow before running far away.

Female
496 posts

shadow_girl • 27 July 2016 at 7:55 AM

@lailaluckyseal87

The arrow pierces Jeff's hide in his back right leg, stopping it's momentum a little because of the thick rhino skin but still going in a good two inches. Or more. He bellows in pain.

Morphing back into human form, he gags at the throbbing coming from the arrow in his thigh. His whole leg is beginning to go limp. Propping himself up against a tree, he draws his knife. Just in case.

~~~

Iris pats Lycia's hair. She's no healer. She can't help Lycia...because Lycia's already dying.

"If there was one thing I could do for you right now, what would it be?" she whispers softly. "I would trade my life for yourself, you realize? Just say so, and I'll ask if Alissa can make it final."

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 27 July 2016 at 8:16 AM

Lycia hears Iris and sighs. "No..." she mutters, fighting loosing unconsciousness. "Bandages.." she mutters weakly before fainting again.

~~~~~~

"Hah! That's what you deserve!" He yelled to Jeff and Lycia. He swings himself up a tree and arrows fly down at Jeff.

~~~~~

"NOOO!" Alissa yells. She runs over to Lycia and positions herself to heal. "Goodbye everyone." She says and reaches for Lycia.

Female
190 posts

shadowtail_flamestorm • 27 July 2016 at 9:46 AM

@lailaluckyseal87@shadow_girl
Kyla knelt next to Lycia and shook her head resolutely. 'She's gone. I'm sorry.' Her expression steeled momentarily as she said, 'I'm not imaginary. I can just turn invisible.' Keesha stared at Jeff with disbelief, who was sprawled on the ground, bleeding.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 28 July 2016 at 7:24 AM

Alissa glances desperately at everyone. She grits her teeth and closes her eyes, concentrating all her energy on Lycia. She feels the pain and wounds transfer to her and she instead collapses. "Goodbye." she says weakly.

~~

Lycia sits up feeling dizzy and confused. She glances down at Alissa. "NO!" she yells remembering what happened. "Alissa! Why!!"

Female
496 posts

shadow_girl • 28 July 2016 at 7:40 AM

@lailaluckyseal87 @shadowtail_flamestorm

"Alissa..." the pain burns Iris's heart. "Why is life always you have to choose? Or life chooses for you?"

Just to do something, she picks up Jeff and carries him up to the tree. "Geez...you're heavy!"

Then she begins to cry uncontrollably, sobbing.

~~~

Jeff is in pain. "WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED!" he screeches at everyone, in shock. "And lady, why are you looking at me? I didn't say anything about you! I just turned into a rhino!"

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 28 July 2016 at 7:45 AM

Lycia sighs and picks Alissa up. She feels for a heartbeat but can't feel one. Hot tears burn her eyes as she sets Alissa under a tree. "Damien!" She yells. "I hate you! You ruin everything! GO AWAY!" She remembers her deep, unused powers that she had caused destruction with when she was younger. Hoping she doesn't break anything or anyone by accident, she uses them.

She grabs Damien with telekinesis and slams him repeatedly everywhere while throwing fireballs at him. She sets a tree on fire so she throws Damien all the way into the forest and then runs to the tree, putting the fire out. She sits down under a tree, her legs up and her head on them.

~~~

Damien screams like a girl when he is thrown and he hits the ground, unable to move. He is paralyzed. Maybe forever? Maybe temporary?

Female
496 posts

shadow_girl • 29 July 2016 at 7:54 AM

Iris's eyes go wide as she watches Damien soar through the air, screaming like a baby. "GO FOR IT LYCIA!!!" she hollers, then remembers Alissa. This will be her vengeance...

She carries Alissa down, and lays her beside Lycia. "One second, I have some business to attend to. Also, Jeff's still in that tree..."

She goes off in search of Damien. He would probably wet himself if he saw what she had in mind for him...

~~~

Jeff glares as Iris as she carries Alissa down. Not him, though. Sighing, he turns into a bird and flaps down, reaching the ground and morphing back almost simultaneously. His face screws up in pain. "OW..."

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 29 July 2016 at 7:57 AM

Lycia lifts her head and her face is covered in tears. She glances at Jeff. "Are you okay?" She asks walking over to him.

~~~

Damien pulls his arm up and sighs in relief. He props himself up against a tree painfully but can't heal himself yet.

Female
496 posts

shadow_girl • 30 July 2016 at 8:20 AM

@lailaluckyseal87

"Yeah, I'm fine...okay, not really..." Jeff mumbles. He feels so out of place here. Why are people being so nice to him?

"Thanks for asking. I'll do something about the arrow eventually." He says, forcing a smile to try and cheer up the mood. It's not working.

~~~

Iris sees Damien propped up against a tree. Dive bombing, she screeches random nonsense as she smashes into him and promptly proceeds to hit him over the head with a tree branch. "YOU LIED! YOU HURT LYCIA! YOU KILLED ALISSA!!!" she howls, finally breaking the stick she had and grabbing around for another. "GRRRAAAHH!!!"

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 30 July 2016 at 9:35 AM

Damien yells. "STOP!!!!!" He said weakly lifting his arms up to cover himself. He tries to stand but fails.

~~~

Lycia sighs. "I'm sorry for dragging you into this." she said sadly.

@shadow_girl

Female
496 posts

shadow_girl • 30 July 2016 at 1:19 PM

@lailaluckyseal87

"NO!" screeches Iris stubbornly, hitting his arms with a new branch. "Why did you do it?!" she yells, in rage about the injustice of it all. "WHY?!?!"

~~~

"No, it was my choice. Also, could you do my a huge favor? Give me the backstory on you and Damien. I know you and him either were close or you never were and he stalked you, but something happened and I have the feeling no one else will tell me. So...?" Jeff looks hopefully at Lycia. "How about it?"

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 30 July 2016 at 1:24 PM

"BECAUSE THAT IS HOW I CHOOSE TO LIVE!" Damien yelled turning into a small spider and dragging himself into a hole in the tree, being able to move a little better.

~~~

Lycia sighed and closed her eyes. "Well..." She said taking a deep breath. "Me and Damien met in 6th grade, we both had decided to go to school and we started dating then. But.. he started to go crazy in 9th grade. He... he killed my best friend."

She said tears in her eyes. "I told Iris about him when we first started dating but then said we broke up to protect her. Damien killed my best friend, one of the boys I only said Hi to, and one of our teachers. Other people got blamed for it and I was afraid to break up with him or i'd die. Then I ran away from him and now he found me.. and this is happening.."

@shadow_girl

Female
190 posts

shadowtail_flamestorm • 31 July 2016 at 8:03 AM

Keesha slumped down at the base of a tree, groaning but paying attention to Lycia's words. Kyla stood on a rock, staring at the fight between Jeff and Iris, barely paying attention.

Female
496 posts

shadow_girl • 31 July 2016 at 12:13 PM

@shadowtail_flamestorm (Jeff and Iris aren't fighting...)

@lailaluckyseal87

Iris gives up. Grumbling and glowering madly, she ditches Damien by plugging up the hole with leaves and rocks, and flies back to the others. "Well." she boasts, "I don't think he'll be coming back for a while." Then, a bit more humble, "Hopefully..."

~~~

Jeff's lower jaw has probably hit the floor by now. He's gawking at Lycia so hard that he could catch a rhino in his mouth.

"Uhhh...wow...uhhh..." GET IT TOGETHER, JEFF! Stop sounding stupid and say something that won't make things worse! He mentally beats himself. "I...I'm sorry. That sounds horrible." He stammers out, afraid to do something to annoy anyone. He's wounded. He is definitely NOT in a position to fight.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 31 July 2016 at 12:15 PM

Lycia laughs, trying to lighten the mood. "Yeah.. It's been hard." She said and glanced around. "Iris.. What did you do." She says wrinkling her nose. "We don't want him attacking again!"

~~~

Damien turns into a squirrel and begins to unplug the hole.

Female
190 posts

shadowtail_flamestorm • 31 July 2016 at 11:24 PM

Keesha stood up and stretched. 'Well...' She mused aloud. 'I suppose you guys should go. Damien's probably not dead. If you guys leave, he won't find you until you're old.' After a second thought, she added, 'Probably.'

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 2 August 2016 at 9:26 PM

"Iris..Come on.. Jeff, you too. Let's go. Damien will find us soon.." Lycia said sadly.

Female
190 posts

shadowtail_flamestorm • 2 August 2016 at 10:41 PM

Kyla nodded at them, 'I'll walk you guys out until we're out of the forest. Go along the river. Head east. When you see a bridge, cross it.' She added, 'There'll probably be some trolls or whatnots, you don't have to mind them.' Keesha smiled at them in farewell.

Female
496 posts

shadow_girl • 3 August 2016 at 5:33 PM

"I didn't do anything!" Iris protests, then looks guiltily at her feet. "Okay, maybe I did one or two things he might be mad about..."

"But let's go. Keesha, are you coming with us or are you going to stay with...um...Kyla, right?"

~~~

jeff nods and starts to stand. Wincing, he sits again. "Stupid [yeep]ing arrow in my leg..." he grumbles, along with a few less polite words of choice.

"I hate to say this, but is there anyway to get this thing out of me before we go? I know Iris is probably not going to be of much help, I've seen her try to heal...sorry, Iris...but can any of you do something?"