Ask The Staff: Egg Cave Version 3

in General

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 2 December 2016 at 8:05 AM

It'd like a [Visit My ? Cove button(s)] on my profile, so visitors can easily visit my honk cove, owl cove and immortal cove.
The button could be customized like our Tabs are.

Female
1,034 posts

momokie • 2 December 2016 at 12:13 PM

I would honestly love a User Suggestion Week, like Creature release week but of User designed creatures @Ian , some people come up with gorgeous ideas and I think we need to use them a bit more than we are now. ♡

Other than that im agreeing with all other suggestions and cant wait for V3 to be released c: ♡ Great job guys!

395 posts

gogetavegito2498 • 2 December 2016 at 12:20 PM

@Ian OHHHH I have been wanting to say this for so long! Could you add something where we can search a species and it shows every population of that species? Thanks so much ❤️

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 2 December 2016 at 12:37 PM

I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but I would love to see a better, more intuitive search feature for the forums. Right now, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the order in which posts are displayed when searching. It makes the search essentially useless, as it requires wading through pages of old, outdated posts. I think it would be more useful if it displayed the most recent posts first. And I think it would be even MORE useful if there were options that could be checked to narrow down searches (for example, exclude locked topics) and/or change the order in which they were displayed (newest to oldest, oldest to newest, etc.).

Female
875 posts

darexxis • 2 December 2016 at 12:58 PM

if someone already suggest this im sorry other wise yay 😋

my idea was:

that we can delete or own topics and dont have to ping a mod to do it 😊

Female
1,126 posts

valorieviolet • 2 December 2016 at 1:01 PM

@darexxis

Check post #111 on page 4 😊

He addresses it somewhere in there.

Female
875 posts

darexxis • 2 December 2016 at 1:04 PM

@valorie100

ahh lol and thanks XD

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 2 December 2016 at 5:22 PM

@fainne_24: Also I really really would love to have old creature re-releases on v3, like @spectaclenest already posted here. Would you consider this for the future or is it an absolutely NO question?

I am all about creature re-releases, but I don’t know if there’s a way to do it without enraging somebody.

@momokie: I would honestly love a User Suggestion Week, like Creature release week but of User designed creatures

We love this suggestion. A few other people have mentioned this and we’ve put it down.

@musicgurl333: I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but I would love to see a better, more intuitive search feature for the forums. Right now, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the order in which posts are displayed when searching. It makes the search essentially useless, as it requires wading through pages of old, outdated posts.

I agree! Thanks for mentioning this.

@darexxis: that we can delete or own topics and dont have to ping a mod to do it

I’ve answered this in a previous post. In short, we won’t be doing this. Mods are here for a reason.

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 2 December 2016 at 8:31 PM

@Ian I feel we could do creature re releases, but through quests. Like the Oasis, it should be subtle, as to keep the new people confident, while the old users still can feel accomplished. That way, the economy wont crash and we can all be happy.

Female
1,002 posts

shirona • 2 December 2016 at 8:42 PM

@Ian
With all due respect, I think you should do what you think is best for your site in the long run where re-releases are concerned :/

@jellifysh
Ah, so you've had a change of heart! ❤️
Quests or an event/plot like the mysterious asteroid one we had this year (but maybe even more challenging and elaborate?) would be nice.

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 2 December 2016 at 8:47 PM

@element @Ian Just through quests. Like, some retired cave monthlies from the year before, or endangered creatures, that would suit quests. It most likely will not bother old players, as the creatures above might not be worth that much compared to their value. As I'm only 2 months old on this site, it would be useful every now and then. Just subtle nudges, maybe would be just what we need.

Male
1,503 posts

sony • 2 December 2016 at 8:50 PM

@Ian
Thank you so much for bringing up this issue again.

I completely agree with @element and I think you know the site better than all of us, so just do what you can benefit the site.
I think making it subtle like @jellifysh said would still generate the excitement we get while trading (so old users wouldn't necessarily complain about the creatures being so servile); and it would definitely satisfy the newer ones. And it doesn't have to be just cave monthlies or endangered (it'd better not be), it could be old CRWs, event, plot creatures or even CSPs.

Female
1,034 posts

momokie • 2 December 2016 at 8:52 PM

@sony

I agree it would be beneficial if all retired creatures were included because that is what most of the people vouching for re-releases are looking for; they want chances at Tines, Onnys etc. No matter how slim the chances are.

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 2 December 2016 at 8:56 PM

@sony @ian You do have a point, making it more creatures to get. Just I don't think we should be giving away CSPs that easily. But, plot, CRWs, event creatures, I could see all of those happening. They shouldn't be too recent, but they shouldn't be really old. Like giving out a Balrogipuwet in 2017, that shouldn't happen. Nor should they be giving an Ocktin this week. Just in a sweet spot, you know?

Female
1,034 posts

momokie • 2 December 2016 at 9:01 PM

@jellifysh

But the point of rereleases is it making older creatures like the Balrog available again, even if the chances are slim. I think all creatures should be included because everyone should have a fair chance for all creatures.

Male
1,503 posts

sony • 2 December 2016 at 9:02 PM

@momokie

Definitely. Even if you're willing to pay $324,434,028,325,938,254 real cash for a single Tine, Onny, Nym, Doovoo, Macbot, etc, it's highly unlikely that they'll accept lol because not enough creatures are in circulation.

Though we don't essentially do a re-releases of all 450+ retired creatures, it'd be nice to have them all back one at a time for some time.

@jellifysh
I might have worded that a bit too naively. CSPs shouldn't be re-released in the form of quests or something, true. Just... they still need to be re-released... and likely to be paid with real money... but in an elegant, not abrupt way.

I was thinking of a CC Thief Shop? xD And you can only get real eggs, no fake eggs (for obvious financial reasons), and there would be a list of retired creatures available in those eggs for some time (for example: Bomnom, Ambrok, Felindle, Poplin, etc), and everyone can at least have a chance of getting one. Basically it should function like the Thief Shop, just without the fake eggs part. Then another list would replace this list in a right portion of time or something. And egg prices can vary!
Just a little thought...

Female
1,034 posts

momokie • 2 December 2016 at 9:04 PM

@sony

I like the idea of 1 creature re-released for a short amount of time, once a year. That wont impact the values as much. Plus its a very rare occurrence. Maybe once every 2 years even?

Male
1,503 posts

sony • 2 December 2016 at 9:06 PM

@momokie

Hmm, I think should be more than 1 though, we have heck knows how many creatures that are currently retired and if only 2 were re-released annually it'd take several hundred years to get them all re-released lol I honestly don't know...

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 2 December 2016 at 9:13 PM

@momokie @sony @ian Now, I'm gonna make a smoothie.

Cooking with Jellyfish!

Step one: Gather ingredients and concepts

Step two: Put them in a brain blender.

Step Three: Unsheath a brilliant idea!

(\_____-=-_____/)

Step one: I will take momokies idea and Sony's idea.

Step two: I will blend them together.

Step three: Behold! Every 2 months, we could put a retired creature in the thief shop, and when two months have passed, another creature will enter the black market, leaving the first to be gone for quite some time. Same price as in thief shop normally, no cc, just so people can get a shot!

Female
1,002 posts

shirona • 2 December 2016 at 9:15 PM

...SARC cloning instead of "re-releasing"? Creatures come out with a slight mutation that causes them to have a different appearance than the originals? Could be a variation in color (like albino) or markings?

How the SARC goes about getting funding and distributing these clones, however, could be widely speculated.

Just a thought.

Are we getting off topic? xP

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 2 December 2016 at 9:17 PM

holy cow @Ian this idea above is amazing please do this as like a plot or something please

Female
1,034 posts

momokie • 2 December 2016 at 9:21 PM

@jellifysh Mutated rereleases are a really good idea ❤️ @Ian I like this idea. But I just hope that the original art/mutated versions stay the same art style. The reasons we want a rerelease are because we love the creatures as they are now!

Female
1,002 posts

shirona • 2 December 2016 at 9:26 PM

@jellifysh @momokie
Thanks! Definitely agree that the art style should stay the same.

Just take those .pngs and invert the colors in a photo editor and BAM! mutated re-releases >.> IDK if they'd look creepy or not though.

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 2 December 2016 at 9:28 PM

@element @momokie we shouldn't full out invert it, just apply some radiant, vintage, or shiny filters to it, providing a 'mutation' to the creature.

Female
1,002 posts

shirona • 2 December 2016 at 9:46 PM

@jellifysh
Filters could work too. Anything that'll make them look different!

@sony

168 posts

kalessin • 2 December 2016 at 10:00 PM

@element That is such a good idea! ❤️

Female
1,002 posts

shirona • 2 December 2016 at 10:08 PM

@kalessin
Thanks 😊

230 posts

burn • 2 December 2016 at 10:20 PM

@Ian

I have a suggestion - might Ecode fonts in statuses be a good idea?

64 posts

comethail • 2 December 2016 at 11:37 PM

Not sure if anyone has suggested this but how about a way to trade creatures without auctioning them for just ec/Cc instead of having to always have an egg there within the trade

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 3 December 2016 at 12:11 AM

I think re-releasing creatures is a bad idea. Some of us have been playing for a long time and having a retired rare creature released again will make the "rares" not rare anymore.

I like elements Idea though.