Ask The Staff: Egg Cave Version 3

in General

Female
337 posts

bingo • 30 November 2016 at 2:58 PM

@Ian

Not sure if it's been suggested already but what if there was something like a Wheel of Fortune that you spin once a day with prizes? More common prizes might be something like misc items, 1-10,000 EC or a current cave monthly, and then the BIG prizes with a lower percentage chance would be 100 or so CC, maybe a goodie from the cash shop like a Leaf of Vaka, freeze, or travel? I think it'd be a good way for our younger users who aren't allowed to spend money on CC to get a fair chance at something like that.

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 30 November 2016 at 3:08 PM

Ah not sure if this was asked either but will eggcave ever consider adding an option were we can hide our creatures in our cove from other viewers to prevent people from clicking,feeding and viewing them?

@Ian

Female
491 posts

icedragon3000 • 30 November 2016 at 3:45 PM

@Ian Hi, I have a suggestion: It would be great to sort the items in the storage in categories to find them much easier. 😊

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 30 November 2016 at 3:50 PM

@ian We should have a monthly competition for the background layout. Whoever designs the background that Egg cave staff chooses would win 250 cc and/or their choice of that month's cash shop creature. Like we have the Halloween and thanksgiving background, someone would design the background for like march, based on St Patrick's day. You know?

Female
72 posts

_piano_pokemon_ • 30 November 2016 at 4:03 PM

@ian would it be possible for creature resurrection to add the name of the critter rather then the name it was given 😊 ?

Also was wondering if we could have a critter trade history kinda like we do with auctions

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 30 November 2016 at 5:51 PM

@_piano_pokemon_ I'm going on a whim, but odds are, your first idea will not happen, if I know what you were talking about. Egg cave staff probably add this. Reasons: 1. Someone already has the creature name. 2. It would go against our system where a name can only belong to 1 creature. 3. It would be stealing the value that long term players have with their creatures, because their creature names would be worth a biscuit and a half.

Besides that, your second suggestion is a great idea!

Just my thought,

-Jellifysh

Female
1,002 posts

shirona • 30 November 2016 at 6:10 PM

@Ian
That's great! Thank you 😊

@jellifysh
I think she means the species name instead of the name the creature was given when it was stolen. Think you can only identify your dead pet by its given name when you're trying to resurrect it.

Male
1,987 posts

Ian • 30 November 2016 at 6:17 PM

@bingo: Not sure if it's been suggested already but what if there was something like a Wheel of Fortune that you spin once a day with prizes?

Thanks for this idea. I like it! Yep. More fun stuff is on the way.

@poptarts: Ah not sure if this was asked either but will eggcave ever consider adding an option were we can hide our creatures in our cove from other viewers to prevent people from clicking,feeding and viewing them?

We will consider this idea.

@icedragon3000: I have a suggestion: It would be great to sort the items in the storage in categories to find them much easier.

Thanks for this. This seems to be really popular here. Noted.

@_piano_pokemon_: would it be possible for creature resurrection to add the name of the critter rather then the name it was given?

Creature names on Egg Cave have to be physically unique in the database. For version 3 resurrections, if the name exists in another alive creature, it will have to be renamed on the spot. If it doesn’t exist, you can restore with its former name.

Keep it going! 😊 This is fun! Hope you guys are finding this helpful.

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 30 November 2016 at 6:20 PM

@Ian
Sorry ta bug ya but ya didn't respond to my post. Wasn't sure ya missed it or was waiting to respond but just wanted to check c:
Was just curious if those were already thought about by ya, a definite no, etc 😸

Also I read your responses to some others and had questions.

One of the suggestions about cove expanding was similar to what I asked but also wanted to know if you may be thinking on giving a 1 free spot for every new species added to the site or no?
Though since ya noted and may do the CC to expand then not a huge deal to me, just know some that liked the 1 free for every new species. I forgot who but I know I've mentioned it around and people liked it c:

Mainly what concerns me is the random critter to feed o-o
Some people don't want theirs fed and such. Would there be able to be disabled button for em because I know some people get REALLY angry when people feed or click critters that they don't want fed. I get why people would be upset if it evolved before they were able to get CC to freeze and then have to try and swap with someone else or save up for even more CC to rebirth. And I don't wanna get blocked for feeding something randomly if it was a critter that was one someone didn't want to be fed ;-;

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 30 November 2016 at 7:21 PM

@Ian

I would like a lotto 😊 on another game they play, everyday you get a lotto ticket for 200 EC, and it increases every ticket you buy, you can send your friends tickets and get them from feeding. The jackpot could be EC, CC, or a special lotto creature 😊

(Oh and P.S: What happens to the creature travels? O.o because it becomes a circle. TBH I like the old setup a teeny bit more xD)

Non-binary
198 posts

plisser9 • 30 November 2016 at 7:34 PM

@immortalraven @Ian
Yeah, if random clicks/feeds are implemented, there needs to be a way to disable clicks or at least feeds for particular creatures (or whole cove lists). Or a particular sign on the creature's profile for no feeds and a way to opt in/out of the random click system.

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 30 November 2016 at 8:30 PM

Will any kind of wishlist feature be added to v3? 😊 Thanks for all your hard work! ❤️

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 30 November 2016 at 9:17 PM

@Ian Users can probably pay a certain amount of CC to hide their creatures as well? Just realized that hiding your creatures will make freezes worthless in a way. I probably came up with a bad idea lol.

1. But any who will you guys be putting in minigames?

2.Is there a way Eggcave can make it where we can purchase cove space with CC like immortalraven mentioned?

3. Can we have the option to set up a pin for our storage,bank, auctions,trades or abandoning creatures? We can be given the option which places we wish to put the pin on. I think it would be a great way to stop someone who hacks into another's account.

395 posts

gogetavegito2498 • 30 November 2016 at 10:02 PM

This site get boring sometimes so can we have mini games like an arcade with games like shoot the yeep or other fun little games like that. @ian, @orderedchaos @otherMods 😋

Female
370 posts

pupicorn • 30 November 2016 at 10:30 PM

@Ian

Not certain if this was already suggested, but I was wondering if there could be a way for people to delete their topics in the forums because they get really overcrowded and sometimes people will post on old topics that ended many years ago. It would be nice to be able to get rid of all the topics that aren't still active.

Male
443 posts

thenekosnyan • 30 November 2016 at 11:57 PM

I don't have any specific questions at the moment, but I thought I might as well make a few suggestions just to contribute!

I think it would be cool, if the header image on profile pages is kept, for it to be customizeable. It doesn't matter if it's images made by eggcave itself or user-uploaded, although it would be nice if there was both options.

Also, site themes would be awesome, but I understand that it is hard to make a lot of them (as I used to do that on proboards as a kid) and it gets rid of the seasonal backgrounds that eggcave has already, which I like.

Also, if the 'claim egg' could be put back into a small pop-up, or an option to choose between small pop-up or a different page, that would be nice.

I hope that Version 3 turns out to be really cool!

230 posts

burn • 1 December 2016 at 1:24 AM

@Ian

I have a suggestion, though I don't know if it's a good one, and I'm not sure if it's suggested already.

What if the TC had a search bar for keywords? It might be useful for someone looking to trade (e.g. if someone were to have a Qamarat, and is looking to trade for a Borage, they could search for trades that involve the word 'exchange' or 'swap'?

Sorry if it was already suggested and thank you! c:

--Also, a quick question: How does the V3 Trade Centre work? Will it be like the auctions, having an expiration date? Since I imagine that there'll be quite a large amount of trades, and scrolling through all of them would takes quite some time. Might the 'Transfer' lots or 'Reserved' ones dominate the TC?

Again, sorry and thanks ^^;

5 posts

qamarat • 1 December 2016 at 2:40 AM

Can Qamarat be yeary?

Female
1,323 posts

promise • 1 December 2016 at 11:44 AM

@Ian
User Shops [?] -- may not be included initially

So that means they are coming, right? 😃
Super excited, can't wait!

How will the testers for version 3 be selected? I remember it used to be CC buyers in the past but I am really hopeful that I will get to test it as soon as you finish up. 😊

Female
30 posts

moonwolfstar • 1 December 2016 at 1:17 PM

@Ian
Can we be able to sell our pets without a fee and we get EC? Like we just select the pet we don't want anymore and it gives us a price and sell it.
Think that would be good. 😊

Male
1,987 posts

Ian • 1 December 2016 at 4:31 PM

@immortalraven: One of the suggestions about cove expanding was similar to what I asked but also wanted to know if you may be thinking on giving a 1 free spot for every new species added to the site or no?

We would likely solve this issue with an “unlimited Cove spots” CaveCash item. To offer a solution for free people, we may consider a default cove spots bump of about 50-100 in the upcoming months (as the number of species grow with the site).

@icesparkle22: What happens to the creature travels? O.o because it becomes a circle. TBH I like the old setup a teeny bit more xD

Nothing will change with creature Travels. They will still stay on your creature images.

@plisser9: Yeah, if random clicks/feeds are implemented, there needs to be a way to disable clicks or at least feeds for particular creatures (or whole cove lists). Or a particular sign on the creature's profile for no feeds and a way to opt in/out of the random click system.

I’ll make a note of this with “The Random Creature Button.”

@raccoon: Will any kind of wishlist feature be added to v3? Thanks for all your hard work!

Noted!

@poptarts: Can we have the option to set up a pin for our storage,bank, auctions,trades or abandoning creatures? We can be given the option which places we wish to put the pin on. I think it would be a great way to stop someone who hacks into another's account.

I’m somewhat wary of complexity with PINs. Neopets used this as an increased security measure, but I think there might be better, more intuitive ways in the future.

@gogetavegito2498: This site get boring sometimes so can we have mini games like an arcade with games like shoot the yeep or other fun little games like that.

More mini games have been noted in our roadmap. Thanks so much! ❤️

@pupicorn: Not certain if this was already suggested, but I was wondering if there could be a way for people to delete their topics in the forums because they get really overcrowded[…]

Extending this ability to topic owners/creators could make the Forums too much of a power-play or power-trip, especially when things get heated or topic creators don’t like what other users post. That’s why mods are there: mods are a third-party group that are meant to intervene only when they are needed. You can always contact a mod at any time to lock a topic. We don’t see the purpose of deleting topics for “archiving” purposes, since it’s always nice to have the option to consult them at a later date.

@thenekosnyan: Also, if the 'claim egg' could be put back into a small pop-up, or an option to choose between small pop-up or a different page, that would be nice.

Are you referring to a small pop up dialogue box on the Cave, as opposed to loading a brand new page?

@burn: What if the TC had a search bar for keywords? It might be useful for someone looking to trade (e.g. if someone were to have a Qamarat, and is looking to trade for a Borage, they could search for trades that involve the word 'exchange' or 'swap'?

That’s a good idea for the Trades Center. In Auctions, on version 3, you will be able to create a “lot name/title” that describes the items inside. This will be a more helpful identifying characteristic on Auction listings.

@promise: How will the testers for version 3 be selected?

We will open the initial pool to our most loyal and active players, yep.

@moonwolfstar: Can we be able to sell our pets without a fee and we get EC? Like we just select the pet we don't want anymore and it gives us a price and sell it.

There are no fees for transferring or selling items or creatures on Egg Cave currently.

Keep them coming! 😊

Female
340 posts

fainne_24 • 1 December 2016 at 5:24 PM

@Ian I would love to have a search option for the site blog like we already have for the "users/creatures/foruns" 😊 sometimes I like to go through old posts and this would be really helpful for me 😊

Also I really really would love to have old creature re-releases on v3, like @spectaclenest already posted here. Would you consider this for the future or is it an absolutely NO question? 😊

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 1 December 2016 at 6:02 PM

@ian Please DONT do rereleases of creatures, the oasis is enough. Anything more would draw away the value of creatures people spent a lot of time getting.

Male
1,393 posts

despair • 1 December 2016 at 6:16 PM

@Ian

As previous people have noted, I believe an intergrated wishlist and a creature gifting option would work very well together. Creature gifting has always been a feature I was rather shocked to see not properly implemented, as it would be incredibly useful in saving tine and reducing the number of "junk creatures."

The random feed feature is an interesting one, I feel it would be practical but not really necessary. I also feel it could cause some issues to arise. If one were to feed an egg I did not want to receive feeds because it was close to hatching, I know I would be slightly displeased. With the sheer number of creatures, however, I could see this not being that big of an issue. Definitely not knocking the feature. I'm not sure how difficult this would be to work out, but would it be possible to implement an option for one's cove to be removed from receiving random feeds?

EDIT: Oh! A transfer feature for side accounts! Similar to the gifting feature but, hopefully, on a larger scale with the ability to transfer multiple creatures at once. This would cut down on transfer lots and make the entire side account experience MUCH less taxing,

Glad to hear v3 is coming along with all of these other suggestions!

Female
869 posts

netherling • 1 December 2016 at 7:05 PM

@Ian

I asked about a wishlist section on one of the pages but I think it wasn't seen because it was the last comment on page 3 before this fourth one was started lol

Male
207 posts

enderwolf • 1 December 2016 at 7:40 PM

@Ian
Do people get a random ritired creatures for their every 1 year egg cave anniversary if there isn't there should be an updwte for it

Just a suggestion 😊

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 1 December 2016 at 7:47 PM

@Ian
Awesome 😸

Female
4,622 posts

mastergemma • 1 December 2016 at 7:52 PM

@ami_utsukushii
Ian has stated that wishlists have been noted down as a possible feature for v3 in his most recent post.

Female
869 posts

netherling • 1 December 2016 at 7:55 PM

@mastergemma

I saw lol my post before then was more of an idea for it

230 posts

burn • 2 December 2016 at 4:27 AM

@Ian

I'm not too sure if this had been suggested before, but might CC auctions be an addition to the new auctions? I'm not sure if it's a good idea, since it might mess up the values of EC or CC.

Another suggestion, but how about a 'Random Trade/Auction Button' where when you click it, it can bring you to a random trade or auction?

Or maybe a feature where you could do a gift exchange?

Or a Tim's Food Shoppe option where you can select all your non-immortals to be booked or an Auto-Tims-Booking feature be added for those who are inactive/on hiatus?

-- Also, just curious but will Creature Suggestions become more used in the near future? Thank you c: