Ask The Staff: Egg Cave Version 3

in General

Female
1,034 posts

momokie • 7 December 2016 at 6:43 PM

@Ian

Im not totally sure what Item Questing means 😱

But I am all for a fair way to re-release creatures. I just would hate to see not all creatures being involved, I think the main reason people that want re-releases is to be able to get a chance at the rarest of rares; Nyms, Onnys, Tines etc. I think a higher priced CC option 1 random month would suffice, maybe cap it to 1 per person? Or make the lottery have more winners with more choices of creatures 😱

Edit: I agree with @Carter about the raffles though.

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 7 December 2016 at 6:58 PM

I've seen every released preview of V3, and I love them all. The only thing that looks weird to me about our new sleek design/layout, is that there is no banner image! Lol don't judge me guys, but can we pretty please get a newly designed banner image over the navigation bar? 😃

395 posts

gogetavegito2498 • 7 December 2016 at 7:26 PM

@Ian I respectfully agree with the monthly rerelease but I believe that is should be only 1-3 years old like you can't have a foo or tine or something that valueable. The reason so is because some lazy people just need luck and they could win a time or foo. It's not fair for the hard-working people 😱

Female
1,002 posts

shirona • 7 December 2016 at 7:58 PM

I said this on another topic not too long ago, and thought I'd say this here:
I think the means to obtaining re-releases shouldn't be as easy or simple as a click of a button, especially for the more sought-after species (i.e. the CSPs).

In my opinion events/plots that require users to put time and effort into earning the re-released creature/s that they want is the best way of distribution. Maybe a prize pool should be available and a limit on how many prizes each participant can get. I also think several announcements and reminders prior to a re-releasing event should be made so ample time is given to active and inactive users alike to ensure they can be apart of the event and not miss out.

With that being said, Carter does bring up a good point about the frustration of not winning might cause. Everyone should have a fair chance, not a random one, if there's going to be official "re-releases". But as long as those rarer creatures are being put back into circulation, I really can't complain.

395 posts

gogetavegito2498 • 7 December 2016 at 8:18 PM

@element you are almost basically giving the value of a Onny to the value of a abet! That is so not fair if anything only LE's should be released and on top of that giving people time to get these creatures? It should be sudden for a little bit of time so people can't horde these creatures 😱 and plots don't give that rare creatures so if you have a plot it will be giving people who have troicks up their sleeve to have a major advantage ☹️ So if there is any rerelease it should be STRICTLY be ONLY LE's

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 7 December 2016 at 8:22 PM

@Orderedchaos
Brilliant 😊

Male
207 posts

enderwolf • 7 December 2016 at 8:22 PM

When is the update coming?

Female
1,002 posts

shirona • 7 December 2016 at 8:40 PM

@gogetavegito2498
As Ian stated:
"We are also considering a monthly former Cash Shop creature raffle, whereby one user wins the lottery. What do you guys think of that?

Thanks for bringing this up again, everybody. We really will need to implement a long-term solution, otherwise so many valuable rares will eventually become extinct. I think that there's a way to make re-releases fun and interesting, without totally destroy values."

This is addressing the concern of HOW RE-RELEASES should occur and I am giving my opinion on the matter. I'm not sure how you arrived at such a catastrophic conclusion, but you're allowed to voice your opinion and I am allowed mine.

395 posts

gogetavegito2498 • 7 December 2016 at 8:45 PM

@element Agreed 😊

Non-binary
3,331 posts

carter • 7 December 2016 at 8:48 PM

@ian
@gogetavegito2498
@element
The plot idea isn't such a bad one - it could be structured in a way that everyone who participates will end up with just enough Plot Points to have to choose one or two between roughly equally rare creatures. Thus keeping hoarding down and giving people a little bit of a though choice, plus diversity.

With the concern of people just happening on rare creatures/as you said those working very hard for them not getting them/even possibly newbies who know nothing about rarities getting crazy rare creatures can be fixed - My idea stated in post #179 offers rare creatures as buy-able in both of Cash Shop and Thief Shop. Thus, those who don't have the money don't get the chance to buy them while both users who pay for CC and ones who don't have a chance at the creatures they want. (Though, everyone can get CC - it's very common to convert CC for EC and vice versa so as long as you can feed, nobody should be completely left out!)

While keeping things hopefully at least a little exciting, every creature doesn't have to be re-released every single year. Making it interesting to see the Site Blog for updates on what's going to be appearing when, and for how long.

Just my two cents though ^^

395 posts

gogetavegito2498 • 7 December 2016 at 8:51 PM

@carter I feel that is a pretty good idea I just have to add a couple things, I think each player should be restricted to only ONE rare creature and getting plot points will have to be so much harder than the regular ones we have.

Non-binary
3,331 posts

carter • 7 December 2016 at 9:06 PM

@ian
@gogetavegito2498
Super rare creatures can very well be limited so it doesn't shock the game - it's all about what the game needs at the time. A long term solution that's flexible towards what creatures should go in the shops when, be priced at what, stay for how long, and possibly have a cap on them per user.

As for the plot points, I guess it would depend on the event ^^

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 8 December 2016 at 9:44 AM

I wish there were a way to mass auction creatures. They would all have the same settings on the auction, just it would save us a lot of time.

Female
337 posts

bingo • 8 December 2016 at 12:12 PM

@gogetavegito2498 But I would think that the point of re-releases is to 1) allow unobtainable creatures to be obtained by those that missed out years ago and 2) prevent creatures from going extinct. If only ONE creature is ever re-released for all of Egg Cave, we're not even making a dent in helping users get their dreamies and preventing extinction.

I think the simple solution would be to re-release creatures in either the Cave or Cash Shop (depending on how they were obtained, and putting event/plot creatures in the Cash Shop as well) on set anniversaries, so every 5 years or so. If someone gets mad at re-releases just because they spent $150 on a retired creature, that's their prerogative, but no one told them they had to.

EDIT: I'll also add that I think the staff suggestion of a monthly raffle might be fun! Maybe users could vote which monthly creature it would be?

That's my two-cents on the re-releases and I'll hush up now since I think we're all getting hung up on it. xD

@Ian I'm sure this has been mentioned already but I'd like to reiterate that I'd love to see some more plots in Version 3! The asteroid plot in particular was exciting, hard, yet achievable. I especially liked the part how random users got some extra points (like being the last person to defeat the queen, etc.). 😊

395 posts

gogetavegito2498 • 8 December 2016 at 12:30 PM

@bingo it's very un-smart to have like another 20k Onnies to go in circulation this will literally ruin the purpose of the TC and no-one will ever trade anymore and it will screw tons up like values, trading and even more! Only ONE, UÑO should be given to a user and if it's not a original you should not be able to trade it. Cause I know there are selfish people that probably don't like the creature and get it only for trading purpose and getting cc/ec so they should not be allowed to be traded. And no CSP's TBH should be re-released probably only 2011+ LE's should be rereleased.

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 8 December 2016 at 12:44 PM

@gogetavegito2498

I'd have to agree with you on rare pets like the Onny going into large scale circulation, but I thing Ian and the other Mods already see that, and won't let that happen.
I think that if a rare pet, say the onny, would be re-released, it would be for a very limited time, and not all to often in the year either. For this reason I disagree that no one would want to trade. I also say this because many users love collecting, or just want a certain creature due to its looks.
I completely disagree with your "Only ONE, UÑO should be given to a user and if it's not a original you should not be able to trade it.". This is because many people would disagree with only one being released, as this would hardly make a dent at all in getting the creature in circulation. Also, What is the point in re-releasing a creature if you can't trade it?? 😋 That seems totally brainless to me, it would pretty much give no point.
I do know that there are people who don't like the creature, so they'd prefer to trade it to get more pets that they do want, bu why wouldn't you? 😱 It would be kinda pointless to have a pet you don't want and not be able to trade it while tons of other people would love to trade you for it. And if only one is given out as you suggested, the value would pretty much be the same, if not wanted alittle more due to the unique date.
I also think It would be ok for older CSPs to be released so long as it isn't in a huge bulk and it is not a common occurrence.

I know why some users would disagree with re-releases, I worked plenty hard for quite a few rare old CSPs I have; and would be alittle disappointed to see that if I had waited a year or something, I would have a shot at getting them without trading a ton. But I don't really mind it as it means newer people, maybe someone who had one in the past but got cheated out of it or it died, and people who have been trying for much longer to get one now have a shot at possibly getting one.

395 posts

gogetavegito2498 • 8 December 2016 at 12:45 PM

@prairie I meant one per user 😋

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 8 December 2016 at 12:53 PM

@gogetavegito2498 ah, ok. 😱

I don't quite think that would really work that well though, as the value would drastically drop. 😋 And people would probably not be all to happy with that. 😱
It might be better to have a open window (maybe a day or a few hours) for user to get a onny at the CC shop for limited time only. and maybe for more CC. You could try limiting people to only one or 2 of the creature per user, but then that would arise to the problem of people using their sides. 😋

IDK what the best way to go would be, but the Mods and @Ian would definitely have to be careful with the re-release idea and how to go about it.

Deleted • 8 December 2016 at 1:14 PM

@ian

I'm sure most/some of this stuff has already been said, but here are a few things I'd love to see in Version 3:

A wishlist feature icon on a users profile
- this icon would kinda be like the trade icons, ect. When you click on it It have a list with pictures of the creatures + stages you want. There might be a wishlist for items and travels in the same area as well.

Creature population in rarity table/archives?
- I mainly have this because I'm incredibly curious. XD I'd love to see how many of a creature there are, ex: population of a doovoo, TS creatures, tines, ect.

More creature suggestions made
- As an artist and someone who love using my imagination, I love that eggcave allows its users to make suggestions for the site themselves at a chance of it being made. However, I just feel that it isn't happening as much. 😱 I'm not suggesting that you have one suggestion picked every month, but just a bit more often. x3

Folders/labels for Mail?
- I have alot of mail sitting around in my inbox, most of which I kinda have as reminders. I'd love to organize my inbox by using folder similar to tabs in our coves, except the mail wouldn't show in our inbox once moved to a tab

395 posts

gogetavegito2498 • 8 December 2016 at 1:18 PM

@prairie Ahhh yes! This will happen without warning which will get non-active player maybe more active so they check every-day!

Female
1,034 posts

momokie • 8 December 2016 at 1:24 PM

@prairie

I agree with the open window, more CC option with user voted on re-releases of any creature. No creature should be left out. You should be limited to only purchasing 1-2 or so. And they absolutely should be trade-able. I think an Onny should not be absolutely impossible for a user to obtain. I understand users that worked super hard but I agree with @Bingo about that, they chose to.

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 8 December 2016 at 1:27 PM

@gogetavegito2498 @momokie

exactly. 😃

Female
1,034 posts

momokie • 8 December 2016 at 1:37 PM

@prairie

I do feel like releases need ample warning/announcements so people dont miss out however 😱 if we are gunna do this then everyone needs a fair chance. Especially if the re-releases are done in the Cash Shop then people deserve time to buy some/trade for some/convert etc.

395 posts

gogetavegito2498 • 8 December 2016 at 1:41 PM

@momokie I think we probably shouldn't, if they missed it well too bad ☹️ we need to be ready at all times and there should be a limit of 50-100 released and first come- first serve and you can only buy 1.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 8 December 2016 at 1:42 PM

@carter: How would Item Questing work? Would it be like just have such and such items in your inventory? Or would there be more to it than that?

Yes. You would have to have the items in your Inventory and then “give them” to the Quest NPC.

@enderwolf: When is the update coming?

We don’t have a for-sure, set-in-stone release date just yet, but it will likely be after the first of the year.

@demons

Thanks much for your suggestions! I’ve noted them. Great thoughts! 😊

Thanks everybody for your thoughts about creature re-releases. Your thoughts will certainly be taken into consideration and ultimately our team will have to come to a best-possible-solution for re-releases without compromising their rarity and value. The discussion of “omg too common then” versus “omg too rare then” can be endless theoretical discussion.

The only thing I’ll say to prepare everybody for upcoming re-releases is that… everybody will have to give a little bit. And what I mean by that is that the rarest-of-the-rare creatures were never meant to be hoarded by users who were fortunate to be online 4 years ago at the time of their release; all creatures, including the rarest ones, were meant to be possible to own and obtain by everybody. Our goal isn’t to lessen creature values, our goal is to give everybody a fair shot at obtaining creatures that they love.

I would like to remind everybody that this topic is specifically for version 3 suggestions, feature requests, and questions. Let’s table creature re-releases for now and continue chatting about version 3. Thanks everybody! We love you!

Male
207 posts

enderwolf • 8 December 2016 at 1:47 PM

@Ian

Ok

Deleted • 8 December 2016 at 1:48 PM

@Ian

Thanks! 😃

Female
1,034 posts

momokie • 8 December 2016 at 2:03 PM

@Ian

You never mentioned the 2 ideas I had im not sure if you saw them, but a User Suggestion Week similar to CRW and a mass move items option to either send to other people or your side account as 1 at a time is so tedious. Thanks for listening to all of our ideas ♡ We Love Eggcave 😃

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 8 December 2016 at 2:11 PM

@momokie
Your first idea was already addressed in an earlier post. As for your second, we can look into a mass move option.

395 posts

gogetavegito2498 • 8 December 2016 at 3:04 PM

@orderedchaos how does beta-testing work and how do you sign up to be a tester? 😸