[October] Creature Suggestion: The Ezag

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

827 posts

nine • 9 August 2017 at 5:09 PM

Alright! Time to sink back into the creature-suggesting craze! Now, say hello to my weird seal/dragon/abomination of fanciness which is based off of the Dark Crest travel.

The Ezag (Gaze backwards, nice): https://m.imgur.com/a/JIXfx
^ Link includes picture of all four stages along with some close-ups ^

Egg Description:

An intricate, silvery design lies on the furred shell of this egg. Somehow, you can feel the burning gaze of the creature growing inside...

Creature Description:

Ezags often act incredibly vigilant, as their innate perception is wildly advanced and they constantly seek to use it. These creatures take great pride in seeing and knowing all, and have gradually evolved to also require little rest in order to do so. However, their great lack of physical strength and endurance makes them weak guards compared to creatures such as the Aguaille and the Sherth.

Stigma over the creature has risen greatly over the past decade, due to The Dark Crest -a portrayal of an Ezag's pelt- becoming one of the most notorious universal symbols of evil. From cults to street gangs, The Dark Crest was used by nearly all who wished to do harm. The stigma eventually rose to a tipping point for a small handful of superstitious Arkians, so they took desperate measures in order to ease it away. Their most notable attempts include hunting down nearly a third of the entire Ezag population through strenuous effort, and almost successfully proposing a law to ban the usage of The Dark Crest. Despite all of the negativity surrounding Ezags though, plenty of Arkians remain appreciative of these misunderstood creatures.

Pings:
@jello
@popcornflakes
@valorie100
@stagfire
@cloudslay3r

#creaturesuggestion #October #Ezag

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 9 August 2017 at 5:17 PM

Topic moved to the correct section.

If you need a topic moved in the future please contact a mod. That's a better way of doing things than changing your topic title.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 9 August 2017 at 7:33 PM

@nine

Wow, this is amazing! Really original description and creature. I like the connection to the other side of life(or something) I can't say enough good things about this creature!

I would love to see to see it suggested! ❤️

827 posts

nine • 9 August 2017 at 8:03 PM

@stagfire
Thanks! And, uh, other side of life? Where in the description did you get that from? 😋

More pings:
@leafstarofskyclan
@monsterprincess33
@degong
@prairie

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 9 August 2017 at 8:08 PM

@nine
You're welcome! Sorry, I'm drifting off XD I meant there's like a busy city with unworried people and there's also cults and gangs and such. Sorry for the confusion.

Female
1,689 posts

cloudslay3r • 9 August 2017 at 8:18 PM

@nine

OMG its so pretty! Really hope it gets made~! 😃

Female
1,153 posts

valorieviolet • 13 August 2017 at 3:49 PM

@nine

Oooh, I love it! Reminds me of a dog, dinosaur, AND a little bit of a dragon cx Great job on the artwork, I love the colors too, gives me a dark magic vibe~

I hope to see it made in October! 😃

827 posts

nine • 13 August 2017 at 4:55 PM

@valorie100
Thanks! I was originally going for a mutant otter-seal thing when I started and abandoned the artwork a few months back. When the announcement for the new creature suggestion theme came out though, I just kind of threw another discarded creature concept of mine onto it. So some more weird mutations happened. 😋