✔️ [Christmas]/[December] Creature Suggestion - Polober

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 1 September 2017 at 11:47 AM

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

December is a great month! 😊 Full of Cheer and Excitement from little kids as they anticipate Christmas morning, and for others, it is a month of Family reunion and peace. Snowy for some, and only slightly cooler for others. 😸

Here Comes the Polober!:
The Polober (Po-lo-ber) is one of the more interesting bear species of Ark. This is because their habitat is widely unknown to researchers. Though most argue they must be locals to the Coldworld, the atmosphere found inside a Polober's "Globe" does not match the atmosphere of that found in Coldworld. The SARC is undergoing a major study on where Polobers originate, as they believe they could lead to a yet-undiscovered area of Ark.
While Researching Polobers, it has been found that a Polober's globe around it's head serves as an endless air supply. These globes have also been found to somehow always snow inside. How this is accomplished has left many flabbergasted at where an explanation might lie, and many have just claimed it to be "Winter Magic". Both the Headglobe and Tailglobe of a Polober helps control body temperature, no matter how hot or cold the climate they inhabit is. If either of a Polober's globes are broken, the creature is in immediate danger. As the atmosphere in a Polober's globes are different than that Ark, and it helps maintain temperature, they will be in danger of lack of air, and heat stroke.
The bell on a Polober's bow also plays an important role in their everyday life. The bell is a unique way of communicating to other Polobers when they are far away. (despite having a globe around their heads, Polobers have excellent hearing.) The sound that originates from a Polober's bell brings happiness and cheer to all who hear it, and each Polober has their own unique song. Every Christmas in Ark, Ark city will host a Polober concert. Tickets to the event are usually sold out within the first few days, but thankfully you can still hear the wondrous bells from miles away.

Polober Eggs:
Polober eggs are a favorite holiday decoration in many homes. They serve as a beautiful snow globe that you could watch all day! And best of all, it can hatch into a new creature! The egg naturally produces snowfall itself, and the smaller to-be tailglobes each hold a miniature ecosystem that is unique to only that egg. Usually, Polober eggs will do fine on their own, as the egg regulates it's own temperature. However, there are some important rules to Polober eggs. One, never let the globes crack, this could be fatal to the baby creature growing inside; also, never take the tailglobe away from the egg. While this won't be fatal, the egg will have trouble keeping its temperature regulated, and will need extra help. If a Polober grows up without it's tailglobe, it will have to stay in sub-zero temperatures for most of it's life.

Picture:
http://fav.me/dbm0vbg

Please spread the word about Polobers so Ark might be able to hear their bells this Winter! 😃 ❤️ Ping your friends to help out, and as always, please leave feedback about your thoughts! 😊
Happy Holidays! ❄️⛄️

Other Christmas Suggestions:

Starting Pings:
@jello
@purgatory
@disney
@dream-within-a-dream

Thanks for viewing! 😸
- @prairie & the Polobers

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

1,853 posts

purgatory • 1 September 2017 at 11:49 AM

@prairie

Daww it looks so freaking cute!! you got my support ❤️

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 1 September 2017 at 11:57 AM

@Purgatory
Thank you! 😃 I really want another Christmas bear this year. ;ω; ❤️
Also, I really loved snow globes as a kid. '3'
The Polober name is literally me mashing Poler Bear & Snow Globe together. xD

1,558 posts

dragonii • 1 September 2017 at 12:32 PM

@prairie It looks like a addition to the snow globe creature collection.
The description is really well written! And the art looks amazing!

Do you animate at all? your art has a certain look that I usually only see in animators.

Good luck with your creature!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 1 September 2017 at 12:34 PM

@dragonii
Thank you so much!! 😃 ❤️ Glad you like both the Creature, art and description. 😸

And yes, I do animate, though I am a beginner. 😊 Now that I am doing Community College, I am majoring in 2D animation. 😃

343 posts

solnyshko • 1 September 2017 at 12:36 PM

@prairie
oh my god i love it HAHAHA watda it's so cute ugh my heart ejkfnekjfne
i'd def freeze it in the first stage!! ❤️

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 1 September 2017 at 12:40 PM

@carnesiel
Hahaha! xD Thanks! 😃 ❤️
I'm glad you like it so much. 😸 I just really need a snow globe this Christmas. xD
Also, I love polar bears. ;3;

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 1 September 2017 at 12:50 PM

@prairie Aw! ❤️ That cub is absolutely adorable! I get so many Berr vibes except this is even better! I love the concept and your art skill makes it all the more better ❤️

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 1 September 2017 at 12:57 PM

@ethereality
x3 Thank you so much! 😃 I'm glad you get similar vibes. 😸
I was thinking about making it related to Berrs, but at the same, I didn't want to tie them directly because they do not originate from the Coldworld. 😱

Female
443 posts

say • 1 September 2017 at 1:49 PM

@prairie
Nice! Two thumbs up! 😊 ❤️

Female
1,689 posts

cloudslay3r • 1 September 2017 at 1:54 PM

@prairie

Of course I'll check your creature suggestion! 😸 OMG ITS SO FREAKIN CUTE MUST HAVE ONE! I'll freeze it inits child stage 😃

Trans Male
28 posts

paige • 1 September 2017 at 1:54 PM

VERY COOL!! I hope this gets picked, so good❤️

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 1 September 2017 at 2:20 PM

@say
Thanks! 😃

@cloudslay3r
Haha! xD Thanks for checking it out! 😃 I'm so glad you like it. 😸 ❤️

@Paige
😃 Thank you so much!

827 posts

nine • 1 September 2017 at 2:45 PM

@prairie
Another fantastic creature suggestion! To me, this creature -from the silly name to the great desciption- definitely deserves a place on Eggcave. I especially love the fact that it kind of looks like an astronaut. 😋

However, though I enjoyed reading about the properties of the creature's Globes, I still found the creature description to be quite long. I don't think that the last section about the bell fits with the creature really, for some reason...

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 1 September 2017 at 2:47 PM

@nine! 😃

Ahhh!! x3 ❤️ Thank you so much! 😃
I was loving that is was a Arctic Astronaut bear too. 😸

And yes, I agree that the description is a bit long. 😱 I mainly wanted to add more than less. x) The bells was more of for my own fun. 😃

Thank you so much for the feedback!! 😊 ❤️

Female
324 posts

disney • 1 September 2017 at 3:07 PM

@prairie - I love this! We really need another good polar bear creature c: And as always your art is just lovely! Good luck 😃

Female
471 posts

sandara • 1 September 2017 at 5:52 PM

@prairie
OMG! I am laughing so much😊 It looks like one of my dogs, he is all white and his name is Urso (bear in portuguese)
It is so cute, I really liked it❤️❤️❤️

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 1 September 2017 at 7:19 PM

@disney
I'm glad you like it! 😃
I was hoping there would be another polar bear creature too, so I just made one. XD

@sandara
Haha!! 😃 My friends have a large white dog too. X3 So fluffy. 😊
Glad you like it!

Deleted • 1 September 2017 at 11:39 PM

@prairie
Your drawing skills are incredible!! You have definitely got MY vote 😊 ITS SO CUTE
@hxhx2006
@dragrawr
@selenium
@monsterprincess33

Deleted • 2 September 2017 at 12:27 AM

@prairie
aw, so cute and unique. definitely would love to see another polar bear creature, and definitely would love to see the polober made! 😊

Deleted • 2 September 2017 at 4:45 AM

@prairie Absolutely love it! Really hope it is a cave creature, but it is so cute that I bet it will be a CSP ❤️

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 2 September 2017 at 10:11 AM

@xxbritxx24
Thank you so much. 😸 😃

@thalo
Thanks! 😃 Glad you like it. x3 I wanted to see another polar bear too. xD

@jrw48
Glad you like it!! 😃 IDK if it'd be a cave of CSP, but cave monthly would definitely make getting one of each stage easier for me. x3

Female
737 posts

inkpelt • 3 September 2017 at 2:31 AM

Super cute, but how does it eat?

Deleted • 3 September 2017 at 9:31 AM

@prairie This is amazing! I hope it gets chosen

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 3 September 2017 at 9:43 AM

@Chocolixe

Thank you!! 😃 😃❤️

105 posts

maleficent • 4 September 2017 at 2:31 AM

@prairie

Wow another fantastic suggestion that I hope stays close to the concept if picked. Love the snowglobe on the tail too lol Really nicely done all around 😊

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 4 September 2017 at 10:03 AM

@Maleficent
Thank you so much! 😃 I'm glad you like the concept. 😸

@inkpelt
Sorry, I missed the post earlier. x3
╰(•̀ 3 •́)━☆゚.*・。゚ MAGIC ~
I actually have no clue, I didn't think it over. :L
Maybe the snow that falls in the globe can be eaten. This is a bear that eats nothing but snow. :L xD

Female
60 posts

theelevatorcat • 4 September 2017 at 10:30 AM

@prairie
aaa this is really amazing! I love your art style, I hope this gets made ;v;

Female
72 posts

_piano_pokemon_ • 4 September 2017 at 11:02 AM

i love it ❤️ amazing idea and just adorable 😸 id buy one if it gets made

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 4 September 2017 at 11:38 AM