Avian Roleplay

in Roleplaying

How long would a wingspan have to be to lift a human off the ground? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 16 December 2019 at 9:08 PM

"Okay, then." Ralem says. He makes some more balls and sets them on the ground. "Feel free to grab one when you're finished with yours." He said.
(They look something like this -> https://higherdensity.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/gold-energy-ball.jpg)

"Thanks, Ralem." Jaela says. She picks up another ball.

1,467 posts

robinn • 16 December 2019 at 10:40 PM

Lyon picks one up. "How long do they last?" He asks.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 16 December 2019 at 10:42 PM

"About ten seconds, but I can rig them to last more or less time." Ralem says.

1,467 posts

robinn • 16 December 2019 at 10:48 PM

"It might be a good idea for each of us to carry one around." Lyon says.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 16 December 2019 at 10:51 PM

"That would be a good idea, but these would probably fade before then. Let me make a few more that'll last longer." Ralem says.

1,467 posts

robinn • 16 December 2019 at 11:18 PM

"That would be great." Lyon says.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 16 December 2019 at 11:21 PM

Ralem creates one of the balls he had talked about. It was harder than he had thought it would be; he'd never done it before. He held it up when he was done. "Here's the first one." He said.

1,467 posts

robinn • 16 December 2019 at 11:49 PM

"Great." Lyon says. He a low, rumbling sound. "What's that noise?" He could see something heading towards them through the trees. "We need to get out of here!"

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 17 December 2019 at 5:11 PM

"What!" Raina whips her head around. "How?" She was up in a flash, and prepared to take flight. "We need to evacuate everyone!"

1,467 posts

robinn • 18 December 2019 at 1:30 PM

Lyon prepares to take off. He winces in pain. His bullet wounds haven't fully healed yet, moving was going to be difficult. Come on, you can do this! Your wings aren't injured.

Male
137 posts

dragonborn • 18 December 2019 at 4:03 PM

"whatever is coming. it's big!" Zaron yelled to the group.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 December 2019 at 4:03 PM

Ralem shoved the ball into Lyon's hands. "Keep holding that fricking thing." He said, hastily making another two. He held one out to Raina and one to Jaela. "Take them." He said. Jaela grabbed hers and started toward the exit. She carefully spread her wings. The one that had been shot jabbed spikes of pain into her back.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 18 December 2019 at 5:04 PM

Raina quickly takes hers and spread her wings, shooting into the air. She ignored the aches in her wings. She hovers in the air, "Come on!" Maybe Jaela and Lyon were still a bit injured. She felt a pang of guilt for yelling at her flock, but this was a life or death situation. "Hurry up!"

Male
137 posts

dragonborn • 18 December 2019 at 5:18 PM

Zaron flung cameras in all directions to figure out what was coming.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 December 2019 at 5:25 PM

Jaela tries to fly but her wing gives out before she can get more than a foot into the air.

Ralem notices Jaela fall. "Just go, Raina! We'll catch up." He shouts to her. He picks Jaela up, knowing she couldn't fly yet. "Lyon, can you fly?" He asks him, jumping into the air. The place he was shot barely clipped the flesh of his wing, mostly taking out feathers, so he could fly.

Male
137 posts

dragonborn • 18 December 2019 at 6:07 PM

"yes i can take care of myself." Zaron said sarcastically.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 December 2019 at 6:10 PM

"I wasn't talking to you." Ralem says to Zaron. He starts flying down into the forest. He wouldn't be able to fly far with Jaela weighing him down.

1,467 posts

robinn • 18 December 2019 at 7:15 PM

"I think I can fly." Lyon spreads his wings attempting to take off again. He manages to lift himself into the air. It seems like whatever was coming had landed in the trees nearby.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 December 2019 at 7:51 PM

"Meet us at the bottom of the cliff." Jaela shouts to Lyon. "We can escape through the woods!" Ralem flies under the trees and lands. He puts Jaela down and she looks up to wait for the others.

1,467 posts

robinn • 18 December 2019 at 8:07 PM

Lyon nods and heads toward the cliff. He looks back. People were approaching through the trees. He quickly jumps off the cliff. When he gets near the bottom of the cliff, he spreads his wings to catch him. Lyon makes a messy landing. "Humans are coming." He says out of breath.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 December 2019 at 8:14 PM

"Humans?" Jaela asks worriedly. She fidgets with the healing ball. She couldn't get that much farther. "What do we do? We can't fight our way out of this one."

1,467 posts

robinn • 18 December 2019 at 8:22 PM

"I don't know.." Lyon begins to panic. The situation seemed hopeless now. Maybe I can use my ability in some way...

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 December 2019 at 8:26 PM

Jaela thinks quickly. An idea comes to her mind. She bites her lip, then looks up at the others. "You guys get as far away as you can. I'll try to hold them off myself."

1,467 posts

robinn • 18 December 2019 at 8:30 PM

"What? No way! We are not leaving you." Lyon says. "Besides I can barely move."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 December 2019 at 8:32 PM

"Exactly why you can't fight and why you should run and let me take care of this." Jaela says. She holds out her healing ball. "I'm healed enough that I can use my powers to stall them while you three get away."

Ralem looks down. He didn't like either option,.

1,467 posts

robinn • 18 December 2019 at 8:36 PM

"I'm not going anywhere!" Lyon says stubbornly.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 December 2019 at 8:38 PM

Jaela sighs. A crashing noise sounds close by. "Just go!" She says.

1,467 posts

robinn • 18 December 2019 at 8:48 PM

"Make me!" Lyon yells back.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 December 2019 at 8:52 PM

"Fine!" With the starts of tears in her eyes, Jaela makes a burst of wind push Lyon, Ralem, and Raina about 20 feet into the trees. She turns to the loud noises and starts walking towards them. She wiped her eyes and waited for the humans to reach her.

1,467 posts

robinn • 18 December 2019 at 8:59 PM

Lyon is caught in the branches of the tree. He tries to wiggle himself free and falls to the ground. "We have to go back to her!" He says to Ralem.