Avian Roleplay

in Roleplaying

How long would a wingspan have to be to lift a human off the ground? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 December 2019 at 9:05 PM

Ralem barely landed on his feet. "What can we do about this though? You're injured and your wounds will open up again if you fight. I can't do a flipping thing about it because my powers are useless and I have no idea what Raina will do..." He turns to her. "You're kind of unpredictable."

Jaela squares her shoulders and takes another step closer to the humans. She dug her boots into the dirt.

1,467 posts

robinn • 18 December 2019 at 9:08 PM

"That doesn't matter. We have to go back." Lyon says.

Sirin lands at the bottom of the cliff. "Hey, where'd all your friends go?" He calls to Jaela.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 December 2019 at 9:13 PM

"None of your business, you traitor." Jaela growls. "Where's your gun? Oh... Shoot. Did you lose it like you lost us?" She asks calmly.

Ralem looks from the direction they had come from to Lyon. "I can see I won't stop you... But at least wait until you wan walk normally before you go. Wait until the healing ball is gone." He says.

1,467 posts

robinn • 18 December 2019 at 9:19 PM

"There's no time for that!" Lyon tries to hide the desperation in his voice.

"I was outnumbered the first time, but now the tables have turned." Sirin says confidently. "And as for my gun, I got a new one."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 December 2019 at 9:22 PM

"Crap." Jaela mutters. "I thought you may want to know that I heal fast. It's one of my many powers. That first bullet didn't hurt any more than a bee sting." Jaela lies.

Ralem sighs. "Half gone, then. I don't want you or anyone else dying."

1,467 posts

robinn • 18 December 2019 at 9:28 PM

"Fine." Lyon mutters. He leans up against a tree waiting for the healing ball to fade.

"Really? Because it didn't seem to help you out much earlier." Sirin says. He makes a motion with his hand and all the humans point their guns at her.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 December 2019 at 9:33 PM

"Didn't it? We defeated you, didn't we? By the way, you aren't about to do the same to me." Jaela says with a cocky grin.

Ralem breathes a sigh of relief. "Thank you." He says. He'd had too many people die. He didn't want any of this flock to die too.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 18 December 2019 at 9:40 PM

Raina crashes into a tree as she is pushed back by Jaela's wind. "Wait!" she called, her voice trembling in fear. She didn't want to die. But she didn't want Jaela to die too. "I...I think I can help. I'm not hurt too badly. But..there's so many guns," she says to Lyon and Ralem.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 December 2019 at 9:44 PM

Ralem bites his lower lip. He didn't want Raina to go either. "What can you do?" He asks, referring to her powers.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 18 December 2019 at 9:48 PM

"Shadow manipulation," Raina says. The humans were still pointing guns at Jaela. "I mainly use shadow lances, and I can also send out shadow mist, which is kind of like a smoke bomb." She winces, "But...I'm not really good at it so I can't control who can see through the mist, or who can't."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 December 2019 at 9:51 PM

Ralem thinks over this information rapidly in his mind. "Try it..." He says finally.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 18 December 2019 at 9:52 PM

Raina takes a deep breath, closes her mind, and tries to suppress her growing fear. Her instincts were telling her that this was going to turn out badly, and her instincts were usually right. Raina concentrates, and summons a misty shadow like substance in her hands. She exhales, and the mist rushes outwards to cover the clearing.

1,467 posts

robinn • 18 December 2019 at 9:56 PM

Sirin sees a black mist heading towards. "There's more of them!" He calls to the humans.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 December 2019 at 10:00 PM

Jaela turns to see a black mist coming towards her and the humans. She cringes. She had thought she had pushed them farther than that. She turns back to Sirin. "That's a fail-safe that went off too early." She tries to cover for Raina. She had no idea that she could do that but she had guessed.

Ralem hears Sirin yell. "Hide!" He says, running to climb a tree.

Male
137 posts

dragonborn • 18 December 2019 at 10:12 PM

Zaron looked down at the humans and waved his hand causing all the guns to fall into peaces.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 18 December 2019 at 10:25 PM

Raina let out a squeak of fear but followed Ralem up the tree, heart thudding in her chest. The mist covered the clearing, and Raina felt her night vision set in.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 19 December 2019 at 12:35 PM

(Uhm... @dragonborn, that's a little overpowered... I understand you can control metal, but could you at least take them out one at a time in close range?)

Jaela stood her ground, looking Sirin in the eyes.

Ralem watched Raina come up the tree ad climbed a little higher.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 19 December 2019 at 7:26 PM

Raina watches Ralem and pulls herself up the tree. "What should we do now?" she whispers frantically. "The humans shouldn't be able to see that well, but I'm not sure where the others are."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 19 December 2019 at 7:34 PM

The black mist came up behind Jaela and she stepped backwards into it. As soon as she could no longer see the humans, she ran to a side of the clearing and blasted air at the humans. She aimed to get their guns out of their hands.

Ralem raked his fingers through his hair. "I don't know. My fight-or-flight instinct tells me to run but I can't do that. I don't know what to do!"

1,467 posts

robinn • 19 December 2019 at 7:48 PM

Sirin uses his wing to shield himself from Jaela's wind. It didn't protect him fully from the blast. He takes off into the air, above the mist to try and find the source of it.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 19 December 2019 at 7:49 PM

Jaela keeps a steady blast of wind aimed at the humans until the mist crept around to obscure her view of them.

1,467 posts

robinn • 19 December 2019 at 7:57 PM

Sirin spots the tree where the mist seems to be coming from. He dives toward it.

Lyon checks his healing ball. It seems to be half-faded now. He flies up to where Ralem and Raina are.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 19 December 2019 at 8:00 PM

Ralem looks down at Lyon. "Now you can go." He says. He doesn't see Sirin notice their position.

(I'm fine with it if Ralem dies...)

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 19 December 2019 at 8:30 PM

(Ahhhhhh Ralemmmmmm)
"Yeah! We can't leave Jaela..but clearly we'll die if we stay!" Raina says. She hears the sound of wind whooshing, but turns around and sees only a flash. "Hey," Raina whispers, "I think I just saw something."

1,467 posts

robinn • 19 December 2019 at 8:34 PM

Sirin catches a glimpse of Raina and tries to knock her out of the tree.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 19 December 2019 at 8:34 PM

(He's the heroic type, so mortally injured is still okay. He knows it's coming.)

Ralem looks back up. "What did it look like?" He asks. Could it be a human? He sees Sirin appear out of nowhere. "Raina, look out!" He shouts.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 19 December 2019 at 8:36 PM

Raina snaps her head up, and he eyes widen. She frantically tries to dodge, but Sirin manages to clip her shoulder, sending her crashing down from the tree. She lands on her right wing and screams in pain.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 19 December 2019 at 8:39 PM

"Raina!" Ralem shouts. He jumps off the tree, slowing his fall to land by her. "Where does it hurt?" He starts making a healing ball before he had even finished the sentence.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 19 December 2019 at 8:40 PM

"M-my wing. I think it's broken," Raina gasps out, "Be c-careful. You might get h-hurt here." Her wing starts feeling a bit better.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 19 December 2019 at 8:45 PM

"You know what, I don't care." Ralem ignores the fact that Sirin was up there, probably terrorizing Lyon. He gently grabs Raina's hand and puts the healing ball in it. "Don't let go of that." He tells her.

Jaela hears Raina scream and she stops blowing wind at the humans. What happened? A name came to mind. Sirin. Anger darkened her vision and she ran toward where she thought they were.