in General

Female
216 posts

wildirishrubyrose • 30 April 2020 at 4:53 PM

*agrees with @sodabearjess*

Female
493 posts

pouncessoftly • 2 May 2020 at 9:12 AM

@sodabearjess I love that idea - I'm never entirely sure where I leave off and this would make it so much easier to find where I did.

Female
3 posts

velvet • 4 May 2020 at 6:31 AM

@demonicj
Hi! Is it possible for me to be added to this? 😃

Deleted • 4 May 2020 at 6:35 AM

@velvet

ʜɪ! ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴀᴅᴅ ᴀɴʏ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴜʀᴇs ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴄᴄʀ ғᴏʟʟᴏᴡɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ sᴛᴇᴘs ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ ʜᴇʀᴇ: https://sites.google.com/site/officialclickingcove/home/occr/occr-user-guide ~

ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ sᴏ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ᴜs ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴄᴏᴠᴇ/s ᴏʀ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ/s ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴀᴅᴅᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sʏsᴛᴇᴍ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ'ʟʟ ᴀᴅᴅ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ. 😊

4 posts

doobla22fluffy • 8 May 2020 at 3:04 AM

Can my cove be added plz?

Deleted • 8 May 2020 at 3:07 AM

@doobla22fluffy

ɪ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀᴅᴅᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡʜᴏʟᴇ ᴄᴏᴠᴇ. ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴀᴅᴅ ᴏʀ ʀᴇᴍᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴜʀᴇs ғᴇᴇʟ ғʀᴇᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀsᴋ, ᴏʀ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴғᴏ ᴘᴀɢᴇ (https://sites.google.com/site/officialclickingcove/home/occr/occr-user-guide) ᴡɪᴛʜ sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪɴsᴛʀᴜᴛɪᴏɴs ᴏɴ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ɪᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ. 😊

4 posts

doobla22fluffy • 8 May 2020 at 3:14 AM

thank you 😃

could you add my koobor too plz?

4 posts

earlgreytea • 20 May 2020 at 3:24 AM

@demonicj
Hi may my eggs be added?

Female
38 posts

feralcreature • 20 May 2020 at 7:24 PM

@earlgreytea
Hello! ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴀᴅᴅ ᴀɴʏ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴜʀᴇs ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴄᴄʀ ғᴏʟʟᴏᴡɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ sᴛᴇᴘs ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ ʜᴇʀᴇ: https://sites.google.com/site/officialclickingcove/home/occr/occr-user-guide ~

If you have any problems, just let one of us know and we'll get them added. 😃

4 posts

earlgreytea • 21 May 2020 at 10:04 PM

@demonicj thanks

Female
38 posts

feralcreature • 4 June 2020 at 4:17 PM

@demonicj not sure if anyone else is having issues, but I've been trying to update my creatures in the OCCR since I haven't in a while and I can't get the EasyCode to work? Not on the OCCR page, but here. I click on creatures, add all, no on remove immortals, linked HTML, get easy code and nothing happens, I'm just taken back to the beginning to choose whether I want to choose certain coves or creatures to add. ?? Anyone else having this issue?

316 posts

ravensong • 4 June 2020 at 4:26 PM

@feralcreature, you should send in a ticket to Eggcave staff. However, the EasyCode did work for me. Have you tried closing all of your tabs and restarting your computer as well as clearing history?

Female
38 posts

feralcreature • 5 June 2020 at 8:19 PM

@ravensong, no, I haven't tried clearing everything yet, but will give it a try. 😊 No, it didn't work. ☹️

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 13 June 2020 at 5:15 PM

Wow! Just wanted to come here and say that this is such a cool idea! Excited to be a part of this and contribute ❤️

Female
493 posts

pouncessoftly • 1 July 2020 at 10:47 PM

Let’s give this a bump up so newcomers might come across it. ❤️

Female
2,695 posts

jlya • 8 July 2020 at 1:07 PM

Bumping again. Thanks to the creator of OCCR and all the people who feed through and keep the rest of us afloat ❤️
I think lots of people are getting confused by the old system that's still mentioned in the first post. Maybe we should edit out the paragraphs that say @demonicj will add their cove?

1 post

gingersnapclubhouse • 10 July 2020 at 9:50 PM

@demonicj can I have my whole cove added?

Female
493 posts

pouncessoftly • 10 July 2020 at 11:29 PM

@gingersnapclubhouse

It’s so easy to do it on your own .. I’ve written a step by step how to earlier in this thread, but here it is again. Plus doing it yourself, you can add or remove immediately instead of relying on someone else. 😊

Step by Step Guide to entering your creatures!

First:
On the right side menu where it lists the time, click on where it say how many creatures you have.
( https://eggcave.com/cove )

Second:
From there, under the header "Your Creatures" it has a row of links. Click on easy code.
( https://eggcave.com/cove/easycode )

Third:
Under the subheader "Begin" click the creature selector box

Fourth:
Under Step 1: Select Creatures, look to the right above the creature pictures, and there is a small check mark. Click that and choose Select All. (OR select which creatures from your cove you want to add individually)

Fifth:
Scroll down to Select 2: Format. Where the box is for how many creatures per row, change that from 5 to 0 (this sets it for no line breaks, very important)

Sixth:
In the box to remove immortals, select either Yes or No (if you want all your creatures added, be sure and select No)

Seventh:
Code format - leave linked HTML code selected

Eighth:
Click the green button at the bottom, "Get EasyCode"

Ninth:
In the box Your Generated Code, right click and then choose Select All so that everything in the box is selected. Right click one more time and choose Copy.

Tenth:
Go to the Clicking Cove site: https://sites.google.com/site/officialclickingcove/
Select OCCR
In the embedded box, choose Add
In the box that comes up, right click and select paste
Lastly, click the Submit button under the box where you add your creatures

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 10 July 2020 at 11:37 PM

The problem I have is remembering what creatures I put on the site because you have to know the links to empty the box so that you can add new creatures. My memory doesn't work like that. You should be able to simply delete the links then add new links. Otherwise, it's a good place to get clicked, if you will 😊

Female
493 posts

pouncessoftly • 10 July 2020 at 11:40 PM

@novrain62

If a creature has been added once, it won’t add it a second time. You’ll get a notice saying it’s already in the database. 😊

Female
211 posts

stefrawr • 11 July 2020 at 3:56 PM

this is cool, such a good idea 😊

Female
2,695 posts

jlya • 13 August 2020 at 6:21 PM

*ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS OF THE OCCR*
Because the creature URLs have changed, all creatures previously in the OCCR no longer have the correct URL and therefore will not generate the creature image or gain view stats when clicked. THIS IS NOT an issue for those who have no creatures in the OCCR up to this point, but it is for those who already do.
TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM and continue to gain view stats for your creatures, you must first remove the old links for your creatures, and then replace them with the new links. Below is a step-by-step process to fix the problem. I did this in about 5 minutes for my three coves, so I promise you it's not as hard as it looks.
TO DO THIS:
(For those of you who know how, steps 1-5 are just generating the EasyCode, so skip to step 6)
1. Go to "Your Creatures"
2. Click on EasyCode
3. Click on creature selector. For those of you with entire coves in the OCCR, choose "select all", and for those of you with only specific creatures, select only those.
4. Under "Step 2: Format" change 5 to 0 in the "creatures per row" box and click yes or no on remove immortals.
5. Click "Get EasyCode" and wait for code to generate
6. Under "Your generated code" copy the entire code and paste it to a Word, office, or other document
7. Press CTRL+F on your keyboard, and if using word click on the "Replace" tab.
8. Under "Search for" or "Find what", type Carton, and under "Replace with" type www
9. Click "Replace all", close out the box and press CTRL+A to select all, and then copy the code you now have
10. Go to the OCCR website and click on "remove", then paste the code from the document into the large white box and click on "Submit"
11. Once those links have been removed, go to the Eggcave site and repeat steps 1-5 to get the new URL code.
12. Under "Your generated code" copy the entire code
13. Go to the OCCR website and click on "add", then paste the code you just copied from EasyCode into the large white box and click on "Submit"
14. Congratulations! Your creatures have just been re-added with the new code, and you will now get view stats again. If you have side accounts in the OCCR, just repeat the process with your side account.
Please let me know if you are confused about a step!
@pouncessoftly, @demonicj

Female
38 posts

feralcreature • 15 August 2020 at 9:26 PM

@jlya
I'm glad you posted this, because the blog said it wouldn't be an issue. But obviously it is! 😱

Also, for those of us who are lazy and don't use the office suite, LOL, I just did it with regular notepad and it was still super easy.
TO DO THIS:
(For those of you who know how, steps 1-5 are just generating the EasyCode, so skip to step 6)
1. Go to "Your Creatures"
2. Click on EasyCode
3. Click on creature selector. For those of you with entire coves in the OCCR, choose "select all", and for those of you with only specific creatures, select only those.
4. Under "Step 2: Format" change 5 to 0 in the "creatures per row" box and click yes or no on remove immortals.
5. Click "Get EasyCode" and wait for code to generate
6. Under "Your generated code" copy the entire code and paste it to a Word, office, or other document (The notepad instructions are as follows😊:
1. Follow the steps above, paste into notepad
2. Click on edit then relace.
3. A little window will pop up asking what to look for and what to replace it with. Type in carton in the find box and www in the replace box. Click replace all.
4. Right click and click on select all, Right click again and copy. DO NOT X OUT OF NOTEPAD YET JUST LET IT MINIMIZE.
5. Go to the OCCR and click on Remove. Paste your list in. Click submit.
6. Go BACK to your notepad and repeat #2 and #3 BUT this time, type in www in the find box and carton in the replace box, click replace all.
7. Repeat step #4.
8. Got Back to the OCCR page and click add.
9. Paste all your bright and shiny new codes in and click submit. 😊 All done! You can now X out of notepad.

Female
493 posts

pouncessoftly • 25 August 2020 at 11:55 AM

@jlya

Finally had a moment where I could do this, been busy elsewhere xD
I hadn't been having any problems with feeding, but I went ahead and replaced all of mine, just to be safe. Thanks to you and @feralcreature for the update on procedure to replace the code. 😊

Female
2,695 posts

jlya • 25 August 2020 at 2:08 PM

@pouncessoftly
It's a confusing situation 😋 If there is a problem with it I don't think it affects feeding, just the stats other people get when you feed their creatures (or when others feed yours). I figured better safe than sorry if I want mine to evolve. I kind of wish they'd explained it better.

Female
493 posts

pouncessoftly • 23 September 2020 at 2:33 PM

Lets bring this back to the top so it gets some attention. ❤️

All are welcome to add your creatures to the list, it's all self serve and there's detailed instructions in the middle-ish part of this page. 😊

Non-binary
1,070 posts

distorted • 23 September 2020 at 2:53 PM

@demonicj Can I add my cove?

Female
493 posts

pouncessoftly • 29 September 2020 at 5:52 PM

@distorted
Anyone is allowed to add their cove 😊

Female
62 posts

tehuti88 • 1 October 2020 at 12:27 AM

Hey, is anyone here aware that Classic Google Sites will soon be converting to New Sites...? And apparently, there's quite a limit on the amount of data allowed on New Sites. This makes me worry that the Clicking Cove won't be converted. :/

Let me see if I can find the e-mails I got regarding my own site...

-----

From August 6:

Google Sites creation will only be available in the new experience. Transition your active classic sites before September 2021.
Dear Tehuti,

In 2016, we launched an updated Google Sites (referred to in this email as "new Sites") designed to help you create websites without programming experience, optimize across mobile and desktop, and co-build with real-time collaboration. In 2017, we announced that we are replacing the previous Sites experience, referred to as "classic Sites" with our new Google Sites product. Since that announcement, we've invested in the new Sites experience by building top requested features.

We’ve identified that you own one or more active classic Sites. You must take action before September 2021 to avoid disruption.

Additionally, starting November 1, 2020, site creation will no longer be available in classic Sites. Any newly generated websites will only be available in the new experience.

What do I need to do?
Start your migration today. If you want your site to continue to be available to viewers, you must convert and publish it to the new experience before September 2021.

If you take no action, starting September 1, 2021 your active sites will automatically be:
Downloaded as an archive and saved to your Google Drive.
Replaced with a draft in the new Sites experience for you to review and publish.

We’ve created a new Classic Sites Manager to help you transition your website(s) using the options below:
sites icon Convert your site(s) to the new experience if you want your site to continue to be available to visitors.
download icon Download your site(s) if you want to store an archived version of your website.
trash icon Delete your site(s) that you no longer need.
Learn more about how to manage your transition.

Learn more about the new Google Sites
We’ve listened to your feedback, and your top requests are now included in the new Sites experience.

Section layouts and pre-built templates let you create websites with fewer clicks and less site creation knowledge.
Version history allows you to see your edit history, revert and restore previous versions, and review the history of who made changes.
New tile types let you be more expressive with website content, including a table of contents, image carousels, collapsible text, and more.
Custom URLs and publishing to an audience let you share your website content.
See what’s new in Google Sites.

For additional resources on what you need to know and how to manage your transition, visit the Sites Help Center.

Thanks for choosing Google Sites.

—The G Suite Team

-----

When I tried converting my site (a lot of text, zero graphics), it kept telling me it couldn't do it. This is the template e-mail I got:

The following classic Google Site couldn't be converted to the new Google Sites: [URL omitted]
This classic site exceeds the following size limits in the new Google Sites:
Your classic site has more than 10,000,000 characters.
Click here to learn more about size limits in the new Google Sites.
Please reduce the size of your original site and try again.

-----

Reducing the size of my site would have meant cutting...90% of it...so I opted out of continuing to use Google Sites for my work.

There was an additional limit regarding site images but I can't recall it since I never used any. Also additional limits regarding pages and subpages but I can't remember those either, sorry.

Now, maybe the Clicking Cove is well within the limits of 10 million characters? It seems like the code for all those links would add up, though. According to Google, 10 million characters = about 10 megabytes. ***EDIT***, actually, I think the new site limit is around ONE MILLION characters only, meaning about ONE megabyte...my site is the one that had ten times that and so was too big. So the limit's even stricter than I remembered. Can't really do much with 1MB of text.

Just thought I should drop this info here in case the site is too big, I really can't know for sure.

Non-binary
1,070 posts

distorted • 29 October 2020 at 4:31 PM

@demonicj Add my cove and @/ghostfeather?