[Halloween] creature suggestion - Kais

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 24 August 2019 at 2:42 PM

#creaturesuggestion
And another Halloween one from me... blame r/nosleep overdose, I guess.
Other suggestions from yours truly:
Halloween-ish flying beast:Raikhar
Grumpy piece of fluff:Ruugh
Thief Shop suggestion with a long backstory:Grayo
Halloween, yet harmless: Galu

Image:
https://imgur.com/w9se4J5
Sorry for phone quality pic, my zombie scanner's finally dead for good...

Habitat: Farmlands
Height: 1.5 m
Weight: 40 kg

About an egg:
This egg is in a state of constant change, its appearance altering so slowly and subtly that it goes completely unnoticed while you're looking at it... until it's nothing like it was when you first saw it.

About the creature:
Some urban legends about Kais claim they were a failed creation of some unnamed scientist. Some blame the Asteroid, while some say it's just evolution gone insane. These creatures hatch completely undeveloped, resembling nothing more than a large pink amoeba. However, this changes as soon as the newborn Kais begin to feed. Whatever prey these carnivores hunt down is never devoured whole - the victim of a Kais attack, alive or dead, always just misses a body part or two. And after devouring said part, these nightmarish beings develop one of their own, first nothing more than a crude copy, yet, as they grow up, their bodies become more and more advanced. When they're fully-grown, a Kais body is a unique, bizarre yet completely functional hodgepodge of different parts. Adult animals don't need to feed more than once a few years, unless they sustain serious injuries and need a substitute part to survive. For all their terrifying appearances, Kais are pretty timid and hardly ever attack anything larger than themselves... yet that doesn't stop the rumours. The rumours about seeing a Kais with a human face.

This one's definitely Halloween material 😈 As usual, feel free to correct broken English if you find any, and thanks for dropping by!

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 7 September 2019 at 6:06 PM

I really like it, it is very original and unique

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 7 September 2019 at 6:10 PM

@meisawesome
Thanks! I like coming up with some crazy concepts 😃