skyfall4 • 9 January 2020 at 10:26 AM

@qerrats

HOW

I CANT EVEN WAKE UP AT 12 PM

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 9 January 2020 at 11:56 AM

@skyfall4
This girl's been going to sleep between 12:30 and 1:30 every night since the year started. 😋 Yay! xD

@qerrats
Gotta love dads. xD I like that, though. 😊

Edit: The Asteran? It'll be hard to find the perfect name. I like the name SunPetal that we mentioned earlier. 😱 We could go simple and go SunflowerClub?

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 9 January 2020 at 1:58 PM

@skyfall4 xD Ahem, I'm falling asleep 4-5 hours earlier than you are, so it seems to make sense that I would wake up 4-5 hours earlier than you as well xD

@jlya xD I know, it's a good saying. (Just kinda hilarious that he only ever says it when we just miss a really long light, or when we're stuck in traffic xDxDxD)

Alright, Sunpetal has a vote. I wish I knew who has the name Sunflower... I bet that name would cost >_< And true, we could just call the Asteran SunflowerClub, as that's pretty simple... woah, it's 13 letters! Just underneath the limit xD

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 9 January 2020 at 3:41 PM

@qerrats
I should be sleeping at the times you are. 😋 New Year's resolutions and too little time keep me up later than I'd like, but that's my own fault. xD

That is really funny. xD Just randomly saying that.

It probably would, but Sunflower is a lovely name. ❤ī¸ Most people with good names are inactive, sadly. ☚ī¸ I can't tell you how many times I've given creatures names with 12-14 letters. xD

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 9 January 2020 at 10:42 PM

@jlya @qerrats

IDK WHY I SLEEP SO LATE I LOVE SLEEP BUT I NEVER WANT TO SLEEP AT NIGHT SKSKSKSKSS

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 10 January 2020 at 1:51 PM

@jlya xD I hate sleeping in, because A. I'm a light sleeper and after my family gets up, there's no way I'm staying asleep and B. I feel like I'm missing out on, like, half my day xD

xD

I know! I wish they'd come back and give away all their good names xD I guess it's because they're old users :/

@skyfall4 xD Maybe you should try those 'army-approved sleeping techniques'... they work for me! xD

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 10 January 2020 at 1:53 PM

@skyfall4
I feel you. I'm a night owl and I hate mornings. 😋 Maybe I just want to put off being tired in the morning? xD But I love sleep.

Edit:
@qerrats
I'm a light sleeper, too, so I get it. When you sleep until 2:00 on a Saturday morning most of your day is gone. 😋 And then you don't want to sleep that night. It's a cycle. xD

Edit Edit:
Also what are these army-approved sleeping techniques? I might need them. xD

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 10 January 2020 at 1:56 PM

@jlya Yup. Then while all your friends are doing stuff together, you're sleeping, and when school comes back again, you're super tired xD

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 10 January 2020 at 2:02 PM

@qerrats
So true. xD
So army sleeping techniques? xD

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 10 January 2020 at 2:15 PM

@jlya xD There's actually a lot of videos on YouTube, and it explained that they need ta learn it because when they set up camp somewhere, they need to sleep right away.
First it said to lay in a comfortable position, and slowly relax every part of your body. Then close your eyes and imagine absolute darkness (helps if the room is dark as well). Then, imagine something else that's extremely simple, and relaxing to you. My go-to is I imagine a candle, with the flame flickering every now and then. Try to continue to imagine it until you fall asleep. The trick is while you're imagining the relaxing thing, is to try not to think xD It took me about a month to master, actually. You want to not let your thoughts wander to anything, just imagine the one relaxing thing. Some other ones that I do are waves splashing onto the shore, the sound of the wind blowing through the prairie (it's kinda like a home-sound to me), rain splashing on the roof, a fire crackling, etc. Focus on making it real. Imagine it moving, imagine the sound it would make, the smell. When you get good, you can almost smell the thing xD You probably won't get it the first time. Or, like, the fifth time. It's a skill that you have to work on! Now, though, I can fall asleep within thirty minutes with relative ease.
There, putting a YouTube tutorial into words! xD

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 10 January 2020 at 2:17 PM

@qerrats
I will definitely try that. 😱 I'm not patient, so it will for sure take some time to master. Thank you for sharing that, though. ❤ī¸

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 10 January 2020 at 2:26 PM

@jlya xD No problem!

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 10 January 2020 at 3:11 PM

@qerrats @playermocha345 @skyfall4
Some of our own Asteran brethren are dying here!

Deleted • 10 January 2020 at 6:19 PM

@qerrats Awesome. That will help on nights where my mind goes into overdrive and i just cant fall asleep because of all the what if i keep thinking of will happen the next day..

What about having Sunshower as a name? Or Sunniva. Soleil?
Or our own take to it. Starsummer, Starblossom.

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 10 January 2020 at 8:25 PM

@jlya Noooooo! *Feeds all the asteran* Yay, they won't die now xD

@playermocha345 Hurray, glad I could help, haha.
Ooooh, Sunshower! Sunblossom? xD If creatures could have multiple names, I would give our Asteran a thousand names xD

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 10 January 2020 at 10:04 PM

@qerrats
We could name it Helianthus. Apparently that's the Latin translation of Sunflower. It sounds kind of majestic to me. 😱
Thanks for feeding. xD
I wish creatures could have multiple names. But that would make things very complicated. We could have all the suggestions that didn't win the vote in the Asteran's profile. 😃

EDIT: Nevermind, there's already an Asteran out there named Helianthus. 😋

Deleted • 10 January 2020 at 11:43 PM

@jlya I bagged the two names I mentioned

171 posts

mirime • 11 January 2020 at 10:45 AM

@qerrats I would be glad to join you folks 😊

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 11 January 2020 at 4:07 PM

@mirime
Hi, welcome! 😃 ❤ī¸

@playermocha345
Thanks. 😊

171 posts

mirime • 11 January 2020 at 4:22 PM

@jlya Thanks a lot ♡

Deleted • 11 January 2020 at 11:31 PM

I did something nice today, I received the Asteran!

So? What's the name going to be?
https://eggcave.com/egg/2153870

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 13 January 2020 at 3:06 PM

@jlya Darn! xD

@Playermocha345 Received the Asteran, and thank you so much! Yes, so what should we name it? (Also, removing the 'what should our mascot be' question, as this is kinda it... replacing with a 'what kind of competition' question xD)

@mirime Welcome to the Sunflower club! 😸

@holyrin Welcome to you as well! 😉

Also, sorry guys I've been offline! Just returned home after a nice (and needed) winter break, and it's always chaotic xD I'll be more active now, however.

Deleted • 13 January 2020 at 4:39 PM

@qerrats Heya! So? Anything fun about your holiday break?

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 13 January 2020 at 4:48 PM

@qerrats, @playermocha345
Qerrats, you could also put the 'what should its name be' question. xD
Darn, all the good names I liked are taken. xD
Hmmmmmmm names....
Ooh, I suggest Sunbloom or BloomingSun. Also still SunflowerClub, none of the three are taken.
Ooh ooh! I suggest Laminae as my primary suggestion. It means Petal in Latin and it's not taken, plus it's pretty. 😱

Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a word spoken in right circumstances.
~Proverbs 25:11

Like we've said, one word can mean so much at the right time. ❤ī¸

Deleted • 13 January 2020 at 4:54 PM

@jlya Quick, rename one of your creatures to it. Its a nice name.. even if it isnt used for our lovely Asteran. It can be kept for another Asteran! Or flower creature

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 13 January 2020 at 5:04 PM

@playermocha345
Bagged it. 😊 It is a lovely name. ❤ī¸

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 14 January 2020 at 2:24 PM

@playermocha345 Hmmm... well, our family (on my dad's side) has this huge gathering every christmas, with about 50 people there. My dad's the youngest sibling, so most of my cousins are older than me, and it's kinda weird, but It seems like every Christmas a new person is added to the gathering xD All my cousins are getting in relationships *cough cough* so they bring them to the gathering to meet the rest of the family. It's kinda fun, though, meeting them. I mostly have boy cousins, so it's fun to see more girls xD Anyways, met 3 new partners this christmas. One boy and two girls, all very friendly 😸 It's just kinda interesting xD

@jlya Also, ❤ī¸ that name! Laminae, I feel like, is perfect. Do we all agree?

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 14 January 2020 at 3:14 PM

@qerrats
All my cousins are older than me, too, so I get you. xD All my extended family is either too old or WAYYYY too young. 😋

I'm up for Laminae. 😊 I think it's cute and sounds like a gentle name. ❤ī¸

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 14 January 2020 at 4:29 PM

@jlya xD My mom, on the other hand, is an only child, so I don't have any cousins on her side xD

Hurray! I'll wait a bit (to make sure everyone agrees 😸) then maybe I can ask you for the name (if that's alright)?

Deleted • 14 January 2020 at 4:38 PM

@qerrats I agree with Laminae.

@mirime ?? What about you?