The Sunflower Club! A New Years Resolution

in Chit-Chat

Does This Seem Like a Good Idea?

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 21 June 2020 at 12:29 AM

@jlya The dig was definitely the first thing I learnt, I tried setting but I still can't get the hang of it haha. And yeah, people tell me I'm good but that's only in a tiny amount of aspects in volleyball. It frustrates me to no end as well but you're darn right it's rewarding XD

Female
2,675 posts

jlya • 21 June 2020 at 12:38 AM

@totallynotjoey
I'm too weak for setting. xD My hands are too small to get that good power I need. I don't know the difference between the dig and vertical, but I'm sure I could certainly do better with both lol. You're right about that. I set high standards for myself and I probably won't reach mine for volleyball. 😋

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 21 June 2020 at 8:40 AM

@jlya I think I'm just weak and inexperienced, though, I can work on them so hopefully I can get better quickly at setting. The dig is your classic bump/receive whatever you call it and by vertical I was referring to my jump height haha. My jump is tiny, and it makes me sad but that's something I also want to work on. I definitely get what you mean by setting (haha) high standards for myself as well, I have all these ambitions and goals that I probably won't accomplish, but I'm working (trying) for them anyways xD

Female
2,675 posts

jlya • 21 June 2020 at 5:35 PM

@totallynotjoey
Oh, that makes sense. I have minimal jump height xD I figured out why my dig was failing recently, so that's the one that's getting better but certainly has its bad days. Haha, I'm the same way. 😊
I love how this topic has gone from a kindness club to a conversation about volleyball xD Anyone do anything kind recently?

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 25 June 2020 at 1:33 AM

@jlya @totallynotjoey Whoa, sorry guys! xD I kinda went on a hiatus there... We've been hiking every day as a family, and I think I just kind of... forgot that internet existed xD Anyways, I love that we all kinda like volleyball here 😱 (Us three, anyways) And something kind... *hmm* Well, I made dinner for my family last night, and on our hike today, me (and my fam ^^) gave directions to this somewhat-lost couple xD

Female
2,675 posts

jlya • 28 June 2020 at 11:25 PM

@qerrats
My hiatuses are so sporadic it's not even funny. xD it would be nice to forget internet existed for a day. Oh, that is nice! 😊 I paid for somebody's Postork trade a few days ago. It didn't take much extra feeding and it felt good to buy something for someone else. 😃
Edit: Somewhat lost? xD

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 2 July 2020 at 4:36 PM

@jlya Umm... I just basically forgot the internet existed for 4 days xD Aww, that's great! Those small acts of kindness can be so easy to do, but we can never really realize how happy it could be making the other person 😊
Yeah ^^" They weren't sure how far it was to the end of the trail, and they kept on taking paths that looked like shortcuts but were just dead ends xD

Female
2,675 posts

jlya • 2 July 2020 at 4:42 PM

@qerrats
Lol, that's not bad for you.
Definitely. I've always admired those people who pay for the person behind them in the drive thru, and stuff like that. It makes you feel better - the person behind you, too - and even brings a smile to the drive thru worker's face. 😊
Oh, that's fun. xD Was your hike nice? Do you live near a good place for hiking? 😱

Deleted • 2 July 2020 at 10:00 PM

@jlya I like gifting people things, I did one for someone with something from the SARS lab, but it's quite pricey. Imagine, 10M for a Deena. ☚ī¸ That's double a normal CSP.

That does sound nice. But sometimes you don't know if the worker would just pocket the money either. Oh well, it's either the worker or the next customer who benefits.

@qerrats Anything interesting that happened during the hike? Besides the dead ends.. XD

Female
2,675 posts

jlya • 4 July 2020 at 5:54 PM

@laylamocha
It feels very rewarding, but you certainly feel it in your pocketbook, too. xD
Ah, I hadn't thought about that. 😋 I think most wouldn't do that, though.

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 20 July 2020 at 3:17 PM

WHOOPS, forgot about the world that exists on my laptop... o_0 xD
@jlya Yeah, we're vacationing right next to the Olympic National Park (whoops, just gave away where I am, but oh well xD), and they have some pretty awesome hikes there 😱 And I love it when I see people doing that! If I were super rich I think I'd do that literally all the time, but, well, I sadly cannot afford to pay for every person in my line's expenses xDxDxDxD

@laylamocha Well, we saw some serious deer, and even a black bear, but it was probably like a mile away xD Oooh! So, we hiked up a mountain (to literally the very top, above all of the clouds), and my dad slid down about half way one side of it. He was _flying,_ and honestly I thought he would hit the rocks at the bottom o.o xD Then my younger brother slid down, and was going so fast he couldn't stop, so my dad had to tackle him xDxDxD It's fun hiking with your friends and family, haha.

Female
2,675 posts

jlya • 20 July 2020 at 3:37 PM

@qerrats
AHA, I shall start the drive for hours and bring donuts! xD
I really would love to go hiking more often, but we don't have a good spot for that around here. We'll be going on a short vacation next week, though, so maybe I'll find a nice spot there.
Lol I feel that.
It's cool you got to see some animals (that bear from a distance, thankfully xD). And wow, that goes from a mountain must have been amazing. Seeing yourself above all those clouds ~❤ī¸ Yikes, lol. That's both frightening and hilarious. Glad your father was there to tackle your brother XD

Deleted • 20 July 2020 at 7:54 PM

@qerrats Any pictures taken? Are you the type to be fond of photography? Well, hiking is good for exercise.. I don't exercise much so my muscles have always been limp and noodle-y XD Having to tackle your brother seems a little dangerous, any scraps? I'm curious to know what food you brought along with you on your hike.

@jlya Donuts are great, superb. Making them yourself or bakery bought? Speaking of food, anyone love baking?

Female
2,675 posts

jlya • 20 July 2020 at 8:57 PM

@laylamocha
Krispy Kreme for sure. I don't know where you live but they're the best donuts in America in my opinion. They're a chain that sometimes give out hot glazed donuts (delicious).
I enjoy baking, though I don't do it as often as I could. I wish I did it more often, but either we don't have the ingredients or my back doesn't want me to stand that long.

Deleted • 20 July 2020 at 9:17 PM

@jlya Hehe, no we don't have Krispy Kreme here.. But are the fillings as nice as they sound? I'll never tried those, but maybe one day? Normally I go for those chocolate covered doughnuts.

P.S How many can you eat at once?

Female
2,675 posts

jlya • 21 July 2020 at 11:29 AM

@laylamocha
Oh, yes, all their donuts are delicious. The Bavarian Cream filling is amazing, as are the jelly-filled, though I usually go for a classic glazed or chocolate covered. Or sprinkled... 😋
If you ever have the chance, take it when you can. The best time to go is when their sign is lit up with 'hot donuts', because then you get a free hot, glazed donut.

I used to be able to eat as many as I was allowed, but since I've gone off sugar I can't handle as much intake as I once could. Sad, because I used to be immune to sugar, no matter the amount xD

Deleted • 16 October 2020 at 8:09 PM

@jlya What happens to a sunflower during October?

Female
2,675 posts

jlya • 16 October 2020 at 9:24 PM

@laylamocha
In our area it withers and dies, but we don't really have seasons in Oklahoma so we tend to confuse our plants xD So it depends on the year, I suppose.

@qerrats @totallynotjoey
Also how is everybody doing? It's been quiet here a while.

Deleted • 17 October 2020 at 3:28 AM

@jlya It becomes a skull flower.

content://com.android.chrome.FileProvider/images/screenshot/16029197062081003130245.jpg

Female
2,675 posts

jlya • 17 October 2020 at 11:45 AM

@laylamocha
"File not found" 😋

Deleted • 18 October 2020 at 3:05 AM

@jlya Got it!

https://cdn.ilovehalloween.net/237391/uploads/6e5cc8e0-df6b-11e9-8896-a99c4d514b79_800_420.png

Well, search for skull flower sunflower.

Female
2,675 posts

jlya • 18 October 2020 at 11:00 PM

@laylamocha
It's working now, thanks.
Lol, that's interesting for sure. It's kind of pretty in a weird way!