The Sunflower Club! A New Years Resolution

in Chit-Chat

Does This Seem Like a Good Idea?

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 28 February 2020 at 12:10 PM

@holyrin Aww, thanks ^.^ Yeah, I was actually pretty annoyed because I feel like EC is pretty safe, especially with the moderators xD

Okay, did you post it already, or not?

@snowkitties Welcome to the Sunflower Club! šŸ˜ø

Non-binary
40 posts

holyrin • 28 February 2020 at 12:22 PM

@qerrats I haven't posted it yet

Deleted • 28 February 2020 at 3:59 PM

@qerrats
Hi! Iā€™d love to join the club, could I please join? Thanks so much! šŸ˜ƒ

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 3 March 2020 at 12:23 PM

@dumpling Of course you can join! Welcome to the Sunflower Club! šŸ˜‰

@holyrin That's fine, just post it whenever you're ready! šŸ˜‹

Non-binary
40 posts

holyrin • 12 March 2020 at 11:59 AM

Guys the giveaway is closed! The winner is @skyfall4 ! Congratulations!!

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 12 March 2020 at 12:19 PM

@holyrin Yay! Congrats, Sky! šŸ˜ø (And thank you SO MUCH, Holyrin! šŸ˜Š )

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 12 April 2020 at 2:43 PM

Hey, everyone! Happy Easter!! How is everyone doing? I'm roaming around after a month hiatus xD

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 12 April 2020 at 6:41 PM

@jlya Hey! xD I know, Happy Easter!

I've been on a sorta-hiatus, logging in everyday to collect money and look in the cave, but otherwise pretty inactive... xD

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 14 April 2020 at 5:48 PM

It felt so strange coming on after no contact for over a month. xD Like sneaking back after curfew?

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 16 April 2020 at 1:00 PM

@jlya I can relate, it's like after I stopped playing EC, I FORGOT HOW TO EGG CAVE. >_< xD

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 16 April 2020 at 6:50 PM

@qerrats
Lol. xD I don't know how people do it coming back from 3 years of hiatus. It's not the same world if you haven't been here.

@holyrin
I forgot to say thank you for doing the giveaway, that was very kind of you. ā¤ļø Glad Sky got to take it. šŸ˜ø

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 16 April 2020 at 9:27 PM

@jlya xD Yeah, I think EC is so based around community that when you don't know anyone or are behind on stuff, it's not as fun xD

@holyrin Yes, it was fun! Thank you! ^^

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 19 April 2020 at 2:33 PM

@qerrats
Definitely. I don't see the point of Eggcave without the community along with it. It's the people that make this game great. ~ā¤ļø

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 19 April 2020 at 2:58 PM

@jlya Definitely, definitely, definitely šŸ˜ø xD Yes, I would not play Eggcave if it weren't for the community, heh. I like how friendly everyone on here can be ā¤ļø

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 19 April 2020 at 3:01 PM

@qerrats
For sure. Especially with all the quarantining, you can still talk to great people. šŸ˜ø

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 19 April 2020 at 8:40 PM

@jlya Ikr? I'd think that all these online sites are making a fortune off of this xD Especially T-Mobile and all those hotspots, as my brother so kindly stated -_- xD

Deleted • 19 April 2020 at 10:51 PM

Hi guys! It's been a while since the club was active.
@jlya and @qerrats are the most active. XD We have 12 members.

Should we do any online games? I can provide prizes.
Ideas:
1. The Deserted Island Scenario
In this virtual team building game, team members are given the scenario that they are stranded on a deserted island with seven objects, but one group can only choose three. Make these objects as obscure and strategic as possible so that members are challenged to really think and plan.

Then split the team into groups and allow them to collaborate on which items they want to choose. Once all collaborations have finished, get onto a team video chat and discuss the results.

Examples of items are a bag of fruit and vegetable seeds, a pocket knife, a 100 ft rope, a bed sheet, a bucket, 2 liters of kerosene, a lighter, 100-proof rum, compass, knife, matches, plastic tarp, an out-of-battery cell phone, canvas tarp, candy bars, athletic shoes.

2. Gift Giving (Doesn't have to be creatures, can be items as well)
3. Solve a Mystery (Someone can make up a story, does it have to be logical? Welp, I don't know)

1,478 posts

arcana • 19 April 2020 at 11:24 PM

@playermocha345
I'd be interested in the first one, although I think it would be really fun the more useless/unconventional/odd the item. It could be really cool, although setting up and video chat(maybe just PMs?) might be a hassle.

I would also love to set up or play a mystery! Kinda already have something going...

Deleted • 19 April 2020 at 11:42 PM

@arcana It's nice, right? I found it online.. was the one I liked best. Any other ideas? Mostly on an online site like EggCave, the most we can do are stories.. other than music?

You have something set up? Looking forward to it!

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 20 April 2020 at 8:28 PM

@playermocha345 Yes yes yes, I think like an online story game would be so awesome!!! And reading your post gave me this awesome flash-back that could be another game! šŸ˜± xD

So, I'm on and off playing this game called Flight Rising, and in their forums there was this person who hosted like this choose your own adventure thing in the forums, and it was awesome. The one I participated in was like this spooky mystery thing? xD But it was so fun, and everyone who participated got an award šŸ˜ø I feel like we could host this type of thing, and all you'd really need would be some story ideas xD

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 20 April 2020 at 8:38 PM

@playermocha345
That sounds like so much fun! I'd be up for a mystery or desert island game. šŸ˜Š
I feel like we've slightly fallen away from the original theme of this club xD

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 20 April 2020 at 8:40 PM

@jlya xD I know, but you know, if we host a game for free and then give gifts away for free, isn't that kinda like kindness? xDxDxD

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 20 April 2020 at 8:43 PM

@qerrats
We're being kind to each other's enjoyment xD And to my mental health, lol.

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 20 April 2020 at 8:59 PM

@jlya xD Yup, personal enjoyment and at least my enjoyment of Eggcave ^^"

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 17 May 2020 at 11:32 PM

@qerrats
It's been years, how is everyone. xD

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 18 May 2020 at 11:23 PM

@jlya xDxDxD Ikr? I've been fine, bored out of my mind though ^^ I've been exploring my dusty old shelves full of books and art projects lately, however, so that has been interesting xD

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 19 May 2020 at 10:41 AM

@qerrats
I get that. Lots of whatever I can find intelligent projects I'm starting to take interest in again. xD

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 20 May 2020 at 11:12 PM

@jlya Ikr? Like, yesterday I found a charcoal soap making kit, and, well, now we have homemade charcoal soaps šŸ˜± xDxDxD

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 21 May 2020 at 1:17 PM

@qerrats
That's great. Like, it's both funny and interesting. XD I've never made homemade soap, kind of sounds like fun! šŸ˜±
I've started using one of those mood tracker things. It's kind of enjoyable. xD
I have so many boxes of craft kits that have been sitting around for years. I should get some of them out lol.

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 21 May 2020 at 1:57 PM

@qerrats Hi there! I'd love to join! I can't say I can do something kind everyday but I definitely will try haha! I'm assuming it's already final but I also vote for the Asteran XD I saw you mentioned the book Stargirl wayy back when you first posted this and I've read it! It's by Jerry Spinelli isn't it? I don't remember much from it as I had read it like oh wow 4 years ago but I do remember my obsession over that book and all his other books. If it is indeed the same book that you mentioned I actually have the name JerrySpinelli on a Sweetoth and the Name LoveStargirl on a Choconom haha! Aaah I seriously need to reread that book, it was definitely my favourite book for ages and I'd love to just experience again. On another, slightly random note, the book Life in Outer Space was my favourite book afterwards. It's by Melissa Keil and is set in Australia. It's a YA teenage love story and it shattered me. I don't remember why but I cried many time reading that one. Beautiful characters, gosh I still love it. What makes me rather sad is I've kind of stopped reading. A shame, I remember getting so caught up in a book I wouldn't realise it was 1am! That used to be super late for me but nowadays, aHEM notsomuchinfactthatsearlyformenow AHEm XD Anyways there's my application-turned-rant, I'd love to be a part of this šŸ˜Š