The Sunflower Club! A New Years Resolution

in Chit-Chat

Does This Seem Like a Good Idea?

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 14 January 2020 at 4:42 PM

@qerrats
Lol.

Sure! I bagged it for this purpose, anyway. 😊 ❤ī¸ You can send over the Asteran and I can trade names, if that's okay with you guys, too?

@moonweaver @holyrin
Thoughts on the name Laminae for our Asteran?

171 posts

mirime • 14 January 2020 at 4:48 PM

@playermocha345 Thanks for the ping!
I think the name perfectly befits to the critter; although I would like to point out that ae is the plural for "petal". The singular would be simply Lamina.

I'm sorry if I'm not very participative! I've been very busy today. How are you all? What have you been up to? ^^

Non-binary
40 posts

holyrin • 14 January 2020 at 4:59 PM

@jlya @mirime both names (Laminae, Lamina) sound nice for me, the thing is that both are taken ☚ī¸

Non-binary
1,088 posts

moonweaver • 14 January 2020 at 5:06 PM

@jlya

Sure! I like it ^^

171 posts

mirime • 14 January 2020 at 5:08 PM

@holyrin Oh :c I had no idea!
What about Zonnebloem ? Means sunflower in Dutch; is that these flowers made me think of V. van Gogh, he loved them; and he was Dutch. 😸

Deleted • 14 January 2020 at 5:17 PM

Wow. There's so many names here.. but which one will be chosen? But.. for the Asteran, Zoonebloem doesnt rhyme as well as Laminae.

What to know a fun thing?
This morning, I woke up and was really excited!! I got a stage 1 Cantik from the Mysterious Asteroid last night!

Gosh, see the problem in my statement? That was my first thought. Thinking back on it a few minutes later.. it can't be real.. For it was naught but a dream I dreamt of.

Non-binary
40 posts

holyrin • 14 January 2020 at 5:18 PM

@mirime it is not taken! they should take it asap

171 posts

mirime • 14 January 2020 at 5:20 PM

@holyrin I have an extra monthly egg. I can save this name on one of them while other members leave their reply about that ❤ī¸

@playermocha345 eheh you're so lucky!
I know the Dutch name sounds totally different from Latin, but it was just an alternative 😊

Deleted • 14 January 2020 at 5:25 PM

@mirime Yeah.. but it isnt real, regrettably.. The Cantik only comes from the Cave back in 2014? I dont remember what year... XD

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 14 January 2020 at 5:40 PM

@holyrin
I have the name Laminae. 😊

@mirime
Oh! I didn't realize, thanks. xD I'm okay with it being plural, though, since petals is nice, too. Plus Laminae sounds prettier to me. 😊

@playermocha345
Oof, I get that. Dreams give me anxiety sometimes. xD So many wonderful things can happen in dreams.

@moonweaver
Cool! Thanks for answering. ❤ī¸

171 posts

mirime • 14 January 2020 at 6:06 PM

@playermocha345 oh man, you made me :c lol I don't have a Degree in EggCave Creatures' 😋 I believed you!

@jlya yep, it sounds lovely in the plural form, too 😊
Well if you got the name it's perfect!

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 14 January 2020 at 6:16 PM

@mirime
So is that a vote for the name? 😊

171 posts

mirime • 14 January 2020 at 6:17 PM

@jlya yep, I think so 😊

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 14 January 2020 at 6:21 PM

@mirime
Awesome! ^^

@qerrats
We've got 4 votes for the name so far. ❤ī¸

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 15 January 2020 at 12:24 PM

@jlya 😸 Great! xD I kinda love how how it's almost another page in just one night xD

So, if that's four votes by jyla, qerrats, moonweaver, and mirime (I think). And we have 9 members, so that's nearly half xD I guess I'm sending her over! 😸

Also, thanks guys for helping me out with this! With choosing the name, gender, getting the creature (and even choosing what type of creature) ❤ī¸ I love doing group stuff like this xD

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 15 January 2020 at 4:51 PM

@qerrats
Thank you for sending her! I'll do the name-change ASAP and send her back. 😸 ❤ī¸
Thank you for starting this, it's a great group to be part of. ❤ī¸

Edit: Changed and sent her back. It looks lovely on her. I think the name fits her perfectly. ❤ī¸

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 15 January 2020 at 9:11 PM

@jlya Awww, it's fun to be a part of! 😸 So, I'm just gonna say that it's a three day limit on Laminae, but I won't hunt anyone down xD

It looks adorable on her, I definitely agree! 😊

Okay, huge moment here: Who wants to take Laminae first?! 😸 She's all ready and I, er, put a 'return address' in case something happened xD Well, made her profile look pretty (urm, don't mess it up? xD), and well, ready for people to write stuff I guess xD

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 15 January 2020 at 9:21 PM

@qerrats
OOOOOOH PRETTY PROFILE

1,478 posts

arcana • 15 January 2020 at 9:34 PM

@qerrats
I think that this is something really cute that I've been dancing around joining. I'm still kinda iffy on joining, mainly because talking does sometime tire me, and because I don't feel like an especially nice person all the time. I do think that I want to join, at least for now, but I will probably fade into the background. Thank you for making something so sweet though!

Deleted • 16 January 2020 at 1:06 AM

@arcana Dontcha wprry, we're all not nice people at the time either. If you are... I'll never put my guard down around you. Life has its ups and downs and we all feel [yeep] sometimes.

Welcome, arcana!!

Erm, btw can someone link Laminae here? Like a latest post?

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 16 January 2020 at 12:15 PM

@arcana welcome! And yes, even if you went on a ten-year hiatus, I wouldn't remove you xD 😸

@skyfall4 xD Thanks! And now we can purrty it up even more with our notes 😈

@playermocha345 Here ya go! 😸

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 24 January 2020 at 3:23 PM

Laminae evolved, she's so pretty!!! ❤ī¸

@qerrats
*hesitantly sticks out hands* Can I take her soon? I'm cautiously excited. I don't want her to stay in my cove forever and me feel guilty. xD

Deleted • 24 January 2020 at 8:44 PM

Happy Chinese New Year, guys!! 😊

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 26 January 2020 at 2:22 PM

@playermocha345 Happy Chinese New Years to you too! 😸

@jlya xD Of course! I can just poke you if you have her for more than a week xD

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 26 January 2020 at 7:29 PM

@playermocha345
Thank you! Happy Chinese New Year to you as well. 😸

@qerrats
Thank you! She's a beautiful creature. ❤ī¸ I'll try to send her back in... Three days, right? So I'll try to send her to you on Thursday?

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 26 January 2020 at 9:22 PM

@jlya Sure xD I don't think I'm going to be that strict on the policy, maybe only if there's a waitlist 😋

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 26 January 2020 at 9:27 PM

@qerrats
Okay. I just want to make sure I don't keep her forever. xD

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 27 January 2020 at 9:18 PM

@jlya xD Yeah, I understand. I think if I had her and I was just keeping her for a bit, I would forget xD I would've forgotten about the little Crypto when I had him except for the fact that a day later, someone asked me if they could take him xD

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 27 January 2020 at 9:30 PM

@qerrats
A part of me was always stressed when I had the Crypto for that reason. xD

So are we writing stuff on Laminae's profile or leaving it just with the beautiful good letters and stuff?

1,478 posts

arcana • 27 January 2020 at 9:35 PM

@qerrats @jlya
Is the third line in "Laminae" meant to be a little indented? Sorry if it's a stupid question!
And also! I think it could be nice if people added their own little inspirational quotes or anecdotes under the letters!