Creature Suggestion: The Kerilou

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Should I change the name? (too indecisive ;v;)

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 22 April 2020 at 10:05 PM

@zantago
I really love your shading and beautiful tiger drawing! ā¤ļø I kinda agree with Poe on design.
While I do love the drawing itself, I just don't see this fitting in quite as well on EC as many Egg Cave pets have a mystical or well mixed design. I'd suggest adding a few more elements to make it more unique.
Seeing as it looks to be a white tiger with moose antlers, I'd perhaps suggest adding a bit of a thick/coarse fur line on the neck, perhaps have a "beard line" type of thing? Basically combine more with the two animals. Maybe even throw some moss to the design (hanging off the antlers/growing along the back) if you want to have a earthy feel to it.

But that's just how I go about designing and my preferences. ^^
I do really love the drawing though! ā¤ļø 10/10

Female
175 posts

zantago • 22 April 2020 at 10:28 PM

@prairie
Mm I can definitely see where you're coming from :0 I was worried about it being too cluttered when scaled down so I went with minimal detail aside from the stripes, but I'll definitely take that into consideration so the design isn't too plain and going forward if I make any other creature suggestions in the future šŸ˜Š I'll add your suggestion about the thicker fur line on the neck to the bottom of the original post in case this ever gets considered for creation :>
Thanks so much for the advice! ^^

More pings:
@bubblez | @mintkitten
@skyfall4 | @qerrats

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 22 April 2020 at 10:44 PM

@zantago Awww, adorbs! ā¤ļø I love it, and I like the idea of it being themed to one of the older Eggcave creature design šŸ˜Š Love it and hope it gets made! šŸ˜Š

Female
175 posts

zantago • 23 April 2020 at 7:28 PM

@qerrats
Ahh thank you! I'm glad you like it x)ā¤ļø

Pings:
@wizard
@idol
@blub

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 23 April 2020 at 7:32 PM

@zantago

YOOOOO THAT LINEART IS HOT! I really like this! Great job!

Pings (sorry if you already seen it/didn't want to be tagged:
@moonweaver
@qerrats
@wolfkit

Female
189 posts

wizard • 23 April 2020 at 7:32 PM

@zantago
Yessssss! More tiger creatures !! I love it ā¤ļø

Non-binary
1,088 posts

moonweaver • 24 April 2020 at 12:11 PM

Much pretty šŸ˜±

Trans Man
151 posts

ancientclaw • 24 April 2020 at 6:17 PM

@zantago
Oh wow I love it! It looks so majestic and I like the idea of its antlers never shedding. I would snatch a few up in a heartbeat if they came out!

Female
175 posts

zantago • 24 April 2020 at 6:24 PM

@wizard @moonweaver
Ahh I'm glad you guys liked it! šŸ˜ƒ

@skyfall4
pfttt thanks! x) I'm glad you like the lineart lmao :"Dā¤ļø

@ancientclaw
Ahh thank you! I'm glad you liked the description about its antlers :>

Female
216 posts

wildirishrubyrose • 11 May 2020 at 9:21 AM

OhmyGod I LOVE this!!!!! So stunningly realistic! (You know, except for the tiger-with-antlers part. šŸ˜‹ But both the tiger itself and the antlers are drop-dead-realistic individually!) I think I like the second and third stages the best! (In terms of how well the two ideas of tiger and antlers blend best.) The second stage is my favorite overall, though! Lil baby tiger with lil baby antlers, omg so cute!!!! ā¤ļø

I saw the poll and was like, "What the heck do you want to change the name for? It's beautiful!" but then I saw the other name idea (Nukoth) and I think that one suits the images a lot better! BUT YOU SHOULD MAKE ANOTHER CREATURE AND NAME IT THE KERILOU BECAUSE THAT NAME IS FREAKING AWESOME, TOO!

@ifi123 @skyfall4 @anyonewhomatters

EDIT: Sorry Sky, didn't realize you'd already seen it and commented. x_x

Also, @zantago I actually really agree with @prairie about blending the two creature ideas some more, and love the idea of moss and/or vines and flowers hanging from the antlers, maybe some tropical flowers and make the habitat a jungle instead of just a forest?

SECOND EDIT: Pft, Idk who the heck claimed that your baby looks like the Yiberace but they must have been out of their mind when they said that because the ONLY similarity I can see between the two creatures is that they're both based on a tiger. *rolls eyes* The Yiberace has NEON RAINBOW stripes, for God's sake! And the style is totally different, as well. Quite honestly, the Yiberace's head shape and body style is more reminiscent of a female lion with stripes than it is of a tiger.

And regarding the Riggert, your creature looks COMPLETELY different, so don't worry about that! The Riggert is much more cartoon-ish in style and the adult stage's ears are more like the ears of a lynx than a tiger anyway.

Female
175 posts

zantago • 11 May 2020 at 9:41 PM

@wildirishrubyrose
Ahh thank you for the support! I'm glad you liked the second and third stage šŸ˜ƒ and yess pftaha lil baby tiger with lil baby antlers x)

As for the name I'm honestly so indecisive pftaha so I'll probably leave it up for EC to decide in the end? since I know they sometimes release creature suggestions under different names :0 I'm glad you like both of them though pftaha it's good to know they were decent names xD

Mm I can totally see that;; like maybe a bit of mossy build-up on the surface of the antlers?? I can't really make any edits now but I'm definitely open to the idea, though my intention was to have a more plain/simple creature that doesn't have too many distracting features, I can definitely see the appeal of adding more elements to the design to like spice it up pftaha. I'll definitely keep the advice in mind for any future designs I think up but for now I think I'll just leave any changes regarding the design up to the discretion of the EC artists heh :"D

I'm glad you like the design though! :0 I can see where the users were coming from since I myself also find that nowadays with so many creatures floating around a lot of them are quite similar and this isn't the fault of the artists or anything, it's just kinda inevitable when the creature is based off the same animal :"D But I'm glad you think it's unique enough to stand on its own x)) I really appreciate the support and the comments you made! :>>