Creature Suggestion: The Kerilou

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Should I change the name? (too indecisive ;v;)

Female
207 posts

loved • 21 April 2020 at 3:14 AM

@zantago Absolutely wonderful drawing/suggestion! I love the details in the face and your shading in the last stage really brings out the texture of the Kerilou's fur😊 I can't wait to see it made!❤️

Female
18 posts

kat-chan • 21 April 2020 at 3:33 AM

@zantago I love it! We need dis ;3; like I'm a huge sucker for felines and I just omg I love how dis looks c:

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 21 April 2020 at 3:41 AM

@zantago
You mixed my two favourite animals, cats and deer xD
This is soo cute! We need this!!!

Female
175 posts

zantago • 21 April 2020 at 4:01 AM

@oscoa
Pftaha what a coincidence! I'm glad the design matched your imagination and that you like it x)❤️

@loveshapiro
Ahh thank you! and I'm glad you like the details on the face! It's my favourite part of the creature too hehe :>

@kat-chan @galaxyleopard
Thank you! I'm glad you both like it ^^❤️

More pings:
@kdxu | @sackname
@shirona | @playermocha345

Deleted • 21 April 2020 at 4:23 AM

@zantago Wow. Wow. Just lovely. I would buy it as a CSP.

It looks like the Yiberace. I think maybe you might have to adjust the size of the horns of the last stage?
https://eggcave.com/archives/yiberace/show

The Yiberace ended up looking quite small in size. I love the position of your 3rd stage btw. Antlers and a black and white tiger. First stage is cute! ❤️

Female
175 posts

zantago • 21 April 2020 at 4:40 AM

@playermocha345

Thanks! I'm glad you like it x)

And ahh yeah pftaha that's been pointed out a few times, I'm not sure how I would fix that without it looking like the riggert instead or having a weird colour that defeats the purpose of the limited palette and semi-realistic callback to the old art style :"D or at least not that I can think of ;v;

But I agree on the sizing though, the yiberace 3rd and 4th stage looks like they could be flipped bc of how small 4th looks so an adjustment for mine might be a good idea :0 I tried to avoid it coming out too small by drawing a square around all to make sure they filled out the squares nicely before rubbing it out, so I'm hoping if it gets made it'll use up as much space as possible, but nonetheless shrinking the size of the antlers might be a good idea to provide even more space for the tiger to fill out, so thanks for the input! 😊

More pings:
@anarchy
@cheetah
@ethereality

367 posts

kudo • 21 April 2020 at 5:08 AM

@zantago
art makes it seem so elegant and gorgeous?? i love the limited colour palette and the antlers (!!!) we need more tiger creatures 😋 i think i absolutely love them not having pupils! like it's always the majestic creatures that have those glowing eyes .w.
only problem here is the name- don't feel like it fits too much, if that makes sense ^^" need to be more epic sounding for a creature like this? made a few names. something like 'ruleath' lol.
i loves it very much and would like to see this become a thing *-*

Female
175 posts

zantago • 21 April 2020 at 5:37 AM

@silvershadow
Pftaha thank you! I'm glad you like it so much x) and I agree! Creatures like the biwo, felindle, balrogipuwet etc with the glowing eyes and no pupils always look so cool >:00
Thats understandable though pftaha I'm really no good at coming up with names ; ; I couldn't think of any 'eureka' names that felt totally right so I just settled with the kerilou for now, so thank you for the suggestion! x) I'll see if any other names come in and at the end I'll either change the name or leave it :>

More pings:
@sparklefox
@jirachiwishmaker
@novrain62

Female
472 posts

flakes • 21 April 2020 at 6:05 AM

@zantago
I really like this, such a nice design! 😊 i also like the name of it as well very unique haha

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 21 April 2020 at 10:11 AM

@zantago Aw! So adorable! 😊 ❤️

Female
388 posts

megamisama90 • 21 April 2020 at 10:42 AM

@zantago
Ooh! Very majestic in the last stage. I like it the best but the 3rd isn't that wonky! I like the description. I like how you brought the Riggert in it. Feels like the Kerilou already exists here 😊 Good job!

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 21 April 2020 at 10:44 AM

@zantago Wow! I love the lineart and the simplistic coloring! It's so simple yet also so complex at the same time 😸 This is definitely one of my more favorite creature suggestions. Also, thanks for the ping, I don't mind 😃

Female
409 posts

lisa1321 • 21 April 2020 at 11:43 AM

@ zantago I really love this! I think it was a good idea bringing the more realistic style drawing back 😊 I personally would really want one theyre gorgeous! Plus even though they look similar to the Yiberace, many creatures are "cousins" with other creatures therefore the description could always be adjusted to account for that that way its not too similar with no recognition for it. Either way I hope the Kerilou is made a creature I absolutely adore it! ❤️

Female
9,796 posts

chapus • 21 April 2020 at 12:18 PM

@zantago Oh this suggestion is lovely!! uvu It's a simple design with simple colors but it works very well! c: (Thanks for the ping btw~)

As for it looking like the Yiberace, I don't think it's much of an issue as sometimes some EC creatures look alike, either by accident or intention. For example, the Luminette and Luminese, but your suggestion is different enough that it's its own creature! uvu You could even put in its description that it was believed that it shared ancestry with the Yiberace if you want. :0 Otherwise, great suggestion! c:

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 21 April 2020 at 1:15 PM

@zantago

Kerilou is a lovely name for an absolutely lovely creature. Gorgeous! If it's ever made, I'll be first in line to get one!

171 posts

mirime • 21 April 2020 at 1:38 PM

@zantago
Oh my goodness! As for me, it's the best drawing I've seen here.
You've got a great trait and I love that it appears so realistic!
The fact that the Egg is soft to the touch is great, and there isn't a single stage that I don't like (even if my favorite is the last one!).
The creature in itself is majestic, the "vacuous" yet expressive gaze that the creature has at the end underlines its elusive personality; and I also love the references to the other creature already on the Site.

Personally, I absolutely didn't associate your draw with the Yiberace just because it's a tiger. They are very different, and anyway I find this is an original as well as cute idea, I like the story, the name, and the antlers that, growing slowly, are also present on the Egg. I sincerely hope this will be taken into consideration, I would very much like to adopt one.
Congrats ~ ♥ and thank you for the ping!

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 21 April 2020 at 4:10 PM

@zantago
Holy cow~
This is such a royal looking pet! Great drawing, and the description really fits! It definitely deserves to be made! I would love to have one in my cove, for sure!
(Also, thanks for the ping!)

Deleted • 21 April 2020 at 4:52 PM

@zantago

ᴘʜᴇᴡ, ғɪɴᴀʟʟʏ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀʟʏ ʀᴇᴘʟʏ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪs!
ғɪʀsᴛ ᴏғ ᴀʟʟ... ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʀᴛ ɪs ᴀʙsᴏʟᴜᴛᴇʟʏ sᴛᴜɴɴɪɴɢ! ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʜᴏᴡ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ғɪʀsᴛ sᴛᴀɢᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʀɪʟᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴏᴋs sᴏ ᴅᴇғᴇɴsʟᴇss, ʜᴏᴡ ɪɴ ᴛᴇᴇɴ sᴛᴀɢᴇ ɪᴛs ʟᴏᴏᴋs sᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘʏ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏᴡ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴅᴜʟᴛ sᴛᴀɢᴇ ɪᴛ ʟᴏᴏᴋs ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴜᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴏsᴇᴅ, sᴛɪʟʟ ʀᴇʟᴀxᴇᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɪᴛs ᴇʏᴇs ᴡᴇʟʟ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴅᴇᴄɪᴅᴇ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ sᴛᴀɢᴇ ɪ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ (ɪ'ᴅ ᴘʀᴏʙᴀʙʟʏ ᴇɴᴅ ᴜᴘ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ, ɪɴ ᴅɪғғᴇʀᴇɴᴛ sᴛᴀɢᴇs, ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜɪs ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴜʀᴇs ɪs ᴍᴏʀᴇ sᴜɪᴛᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴄsᴘ, ɪғ ɪᴛ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴏɴᴛʜʟʏ ɪ'ᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʜᴏᴀʀᴅ 'ᴇᴍ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴄʀᴀᴢʏ).

ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇsᴄʀɪᴘᴛɪᴏɴ ɪs ᴠᴇʀʏ ᴡᴇʟʟ ᴅᴏɴᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴᴀʟʟʏ ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍɪxᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴᴀʟɪᴛʏ ᴏғ ʙᴏᴛʜ ᴛɪɢᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴇᴇʀs - ᴅᴇsᴘɪᴛᴇ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴀ ʙɪɢ ᴘʀᴇᴅᴀᴛᴏʀ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʀɪʟᴏᴜ ɪs ǫᴜɪᴇᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴋɪɴᴅ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇʟʟ, ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ, ɪ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴏɴʟʏ ғᴏʀ @Ian ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴀ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴛʏ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴀʟsᴏ ᴛᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴀɪᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʀᴛ sᴛʏʟᴇ. ɪ ᴍɪss ᴛʜᴇ "ᴏʟᴅ" ᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴛᴇ ᴀs ᴡᴇʟʟ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ɪ'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ... ғɪɴɢᴇʀs ᴄʀᴏssᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ʟᴏᴛ ᴏғ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ, ᴀᴍᴀᴢɪɴɢ sᴜɢɢᴇsᴛɪᴏɴ! ❤️

Female
175 posts

zantago • 21 April 2020 at 6:02 PM

@ethereality @marner
Thank you! :> I'm glad you both like it ❤️

@kdxu @lokisonoflaufey
Ahh thank you! I'm glad you guys like the name aha :"D❤️

@megamisama90
I'm glad you like the last stage so much! 😊 And aha thanks for the reassurance about the third stage and the description :"D I really appreciate it x)❤️

@sodabearjess
Thank you! I'm glad you liked the simplicity of the design and the limited colour palette 😊

@lisa1321 @chapus2009
Thank you! I'm glad you both like the design aha and mm thats reassuring 😱 Adjusting the description might be a good idea though, so if I can think of something I'll try to mention the Yiberace in the description somehow x) Thanks so much for the suggestion!

@mirime
Ahh thank you for the kind words! and I'm glad you like the last stage, their antlers, as well as the reference of the riggert 😊
I thought it was a valid concern but I'm thankful for your reassurance that it's not too similar x) I might try to mention the yiberace in the description somehow as some other users have suggested to create some relation between the two just to be thorough though :>
Thanks again for the support!❤️

@sinthr
Pftaha thank you for taking the time to send such a thorough response! ❤️
I'm glad you like the art so much ;v; It's nice to know that it's good enough for you to consider owning all three hatched stages even if they were released as CSP creatures pftaha x) and I'm glad you liked the description as well :> Hopefully if it does get made it'll retain the semi-realistic art style aha, the more stylised and vibrantly coloured art is fine too of course, but it'd be nice to switch it up every now and then since it seems were definitely not alone in missing that old style 😊

More pings:
@loumina28
@cloudslay3r
@emo_pattys

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 21 April 2020 at 9:08 PM

@zantago

Oh what a cool combo of a tiger with antlers, that's unique I tell ya! Very cool style, love it!

Female
175 posts

zantago • 21 April 2020 at 10:35 PM

@jirachiwishmaker

Thank you! I'm glad you like the combination aha 😊

More pings: (sorry if you don't like random pings)
@wolfkit | @netherling
@budgie | @xxcouchxx
@poe | @iris1929578

1,216 posts

pet_cemetery • 22 April 2020 at 2:59 AM

@zantago
Aw this is so pretty. I love white tigers. I. Hope this gets made. Is it supposed to be a cave monthly or CSP? (i hope a a monthly so i can get a few)

Female
175 posts

zantago • 22 April 2020 at 6:20 AM

@pet_cemetery
Thanks! I'm glad you like it 😊 and I have it down as a CSP creature but I honestly don't mind what it gets released as/for if it's created aha :"D I'm glad you like it enough that you'd get more than one if it were a monthly though! :>

@rael_barclay
@thursdays_dove
@sungrave
@aedia

Female
806 posts

aedia • 22 April 2020 at 8:15 AM

@zantago amazing creature and drawing!!! ❤️Love the uniqueness factor!! Hope that they make it!!

Female
273 posts

sungrave • 22 April 2020 at 10:59 AM

me seeing the pong: wHo Is yOu
me seeing the creature: u know waht, ion even care who r u this is great
jkjk but aww this looks really great!! I love the coloured version it's subtle but effective!! nice!

Female
762 posts

thursdays_dove • 22 April 2020 at 12:29 PM

A TIGER YES PLEASE!

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 22 April 2020 at 12:56 PM

@zantago Gorgeous creature, would love to have it made ❤️

Female
175 posts

zantago • 22 April 2020 at 7:04 PM

@aedia @thursdays_dove @budgie
Thank you! I'm glad you all like it x)❤️

@sungrave
Pftaha my bad my bad aha I just randomly pinged active users I saw here and there, but I'm still glad you liked the design! 😃

@iia | @dragistar12
@lucas | @foxbit

Female
1,827 posts

poe • 22 April 2020 at 8:47 PM

@zantago Your art is great! I think you've got enough description to add interest and lore to your suggestion. 😊 While I think your art is great, I'm not super sold on the design personally, just because it looks exactly like a tiger and not as much it's own thing. It's a personal preference, of course! I'm sure lots of people will love it. ^^

Female
175 posts

zantago • 22 April 2020 at 9:23 PM

@poe
Thank you! I'm glad you like the description x) and thats totally understandable! I think we just have different tastes aha since I really like creatures that are obviously based on an animal and don't diverge too much from the original :"D Thank you for sharing your honest thoughts! 😊

@yts
@snowball888111