Idea for next CWR (LGBT+)

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Are you part of the LGBT+ community? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Female
471 posts

sandara • 25 January 2021 at 2:19 PM

Hi guys, I think with the EC accepting community and a lot of LGBT+ people playing this game, it would be fun to create a CWR with Pride flags themed.

I certainly know that, in the Pride community, there are too many flags to count and many more yet to be created, but I really would like for at least the main ones to be turned in creatures.

And I have seen a lot of creatures that are rainbow in color, but I guess as a Pan Ace I really would love to have a creature that represents my Pride.

If you want, leave your opinion in the comments, I would love to see all of them (please, NO HATE, if you do not agree you can simply vote, and if you find something offensive you can PM me).

Also, if you can help me pinging people, it would be nice. If we have a lot of people involved, we can make it true.

Pings:
@musical_slytherclaw
@thedarkarcher
@murmurw
@dreamii

P.S. Not sure if this topic is on the right Forum, but as thedarkarcher said, it wouldn't really fit on Fan Art & Creature Suggestions, 'cause I am not really making a creature 😋

Deleted • 25 January 2021 at 2:37 PM

@sandara Hi! I love this idea❤️❤️ Although I'm not part of the community (I have never dated tho lol so Idk), but I have a personal friend who is part of the community. I don't want to say too many things in case it might offend someone as I am not very educated in this aspect, but I think it would be a great idea! I think the creatures will be wonderful, as it represents different parts of the community, I think it'll bring more awareness? I feel like I keep saying the same thing, but I would love to see that be the theme next CRW❤️

Female
1,127 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 25 January 2021 at 2:47 PM

@sandara Hi! I really like this idea, I think it's really hard to make sure everyone is included, but we can always try to get as many as possible! I saw that arospec isn't on there, which is a label I use to an extent, so here I am putting the word out there ~

Deleted • 25 January 2021 at 2:47 PM

@sandara YESS- I absolutely love this idea- That would be such a great CRW theme!! ^^ Exactly what flags would the creatures be centred around tho? Did you mean bi, pan, gay, lesbian, and trans? Or have the sexualities be mixed with the romantic orientation flags? I rlly love this idea tho ❤️ 😸

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 25 January 2021 at 2:50 PM

@sandara @
Thanks for pinging me here.

Like I said before this is a wonderful idea and anything to increase the awareness of LGBT+ is always welcome for so many here. I hope that people will take to this idea 😊

Pings (sorry if not interested)
@epic23
@superunloved
@stevepat2002

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 25 January 2021 at 3:27 PM

@sandara hello! While I like the idea, I do believe it was the theme of a month, and to do it again would seem a bit repetitive. Another thing I would like to add is judging from your poll, many people know about LGBTQ so it probably wouldn't spread much awareness. Lastly, that may be, at least in my opinion, a bit too political for an adoptables site. Just a bit of feedback, don't take it the wrong way please 😃

2,892 posts

skymoare • 25 January 2021 at 3:36 PM

@sandara

OMG, I think this is a beautiful idea. Lots of support from me. Really hope this actually occurs. We need some pride spirit here XD

Female
852 posts

athanasia • 25 January 2021 at 3:41 PM

@sandara
Great idea!

Female
471 posts

sandara • 25 January 2021 at 3:42 PM

@existence
That's great, I never dated too, but I just feel that's who I am 😊
Thanks for the support and glad to know that you are an ally❤️

@musical_slytherclaw
Dumb me, my Lord...
How could I forget? 'Cause that how I identified me before 😋
Thanks❤️

@dreamii
That's something I do not know yet, I think it depends on the community, I really would love to have all the sexual orientation, gender identity, and romantic attraction flags. But for that, I think there would be too many creatures XD
Or I think it would be great if the creatures had more than one flag, like a half bi half pan or things like that, but I don't know if this would be too difficult, so for now I would just like opinions of the community😊

@thedarkarcher
Thanks for the support and for giving me the idea to make this post ❤️

@stevepat2002
Thanks for the feedback, it's always appreciated❤️
I did this post most likely to my own selfishness, I believe it certainly would not spread much awareness and EC is at least half LGBT+ or allies, but I admit I am guilty, 'cause I just wanted to collect these creatures XD
For the idea, I played Lionden some time ago, and I found really awesome that they had Pride Flag theme accessories for the Lions😃

Edit:
@skymoare and @athanasia
Thanks fo the support❤️
And you might not receive the ping 'cause I posted before I could see your comments😋

Female
169 posts

nightslayer300 • 26 January 2021 at 8:27 PM

@sandara I'm quite young so I'm not sure if I'm actually aromantic or I just haven't started feeling any romantic attraction yet, but either way, I currently identify as aro 😸

I love this idea, mostly because all of the pride flags are so beautiful! I especially love the trans flag for it's pretty pastel colors and think it would make a wonderful creature.

Non-binary
1,074 posts

distorted • 26 January 2021 at 8:35 PM

@sandara I love this idea! I'm not LGBTQ but I do have a close friend that is!

Tons of support from me! Lovely idea!

(sorry if you didn't want to or already have been pinged)
@barkitz
@laylamocha
@gudetama

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 26 January 2021 at 10:48 PM

@sandara
This seems like a super cool idea! A one-time CRW during pride month! ❤️ I'm bi, so personally I'd love a bi flag cat or something XD

Non-binary
1,074 posts

distorted • 27 January 2021 at 3:21 PM

@stevepat2002 It's been a theme for CRW before?

2,892 posts

skymoare • 27 January 2021 at 3:27 PM

I just read @/stevepat2002 post. I understand their views, but I feel like it's a good way to bring more diversity. If not a CWR theme (cause that's in January), but maybe like a monthly in June (representing Pride Day 😋) ?

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 27 January 2021 at 4:10 PM

@distorted @skymoare

It was the theme of June monthlies in 2017. The odraz, among 3 other "pride themed" creatures were released. Having another LGBTQ theme would not add any diversity, as it would be a repeat theme.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 27 January 2021 at 4:19 PM

@beta
oooo I didn't even realize that. Thanks for the info!

Deleted • 27 January 2021 at 5:46 PM

This seems to have gotten political since I last checked this. I still think this is a good idea and I've read what some people had to say about it but (to me) it wouldn't be repetitive really. That's almost like saying Pride Month shouldn't be celebrated because it's already happened. Also I think that this should still take place. I mean like, just because many EggCave users are pretty diverse and whatnot, doesn't mean, ya know, everyone is? And I'm not saying that doing this will even have an effect on some users point of view but hey, it's a great way of showing how accepting the community is for the most part I guess. It's honestly what counts. Also sorry if this may be getting a bit off topic but, the real world honestly hasn't even accepted the fact that the community exists. People's own lives were taken just because of who they were, amongst other things. It's just not right and facing stuff like this is scary. I should know. The least we can do is actually be considerate of this idea at least.

(Just so you know, I'm not really going up against anyone's thoughts on this idea. I'm just stating what I think because after all, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm not trying to start/cause drama here.)