Dog Club for Dog lovers!

in Chit-Chat

How much do you like dogs?

Female
852 posts

athanasia • 6 March 2021 at 2:40 PM

I have seen many clubs for animal fans(ex. the Cat Club) but never one for a dog. Here is for any dog lovers to express their love for dogs, please let me know if there is already a club for dogs(in that case I’d love to join!)

How to enter the club:
- type “Staying United we will fear nothing!” This will be the motto!
- Follow this forum to be up to date(this isn’t required) ^.^

Rules:
- Respect everyone
- Be kind!
- Have fun!

Check page 3 for dog acrostics!

Members:
@athanasia - moderator
@preciousgems - moderator
@dokirune
@snowywinter
@boba - moderator
@powgal15
@sassybrat
@ariltha
@moonlight24
@frankenstein
@reddish
@happycant2
@acclivius

Dog creatures that members own:
@athanasia - Bruxa, Clorgi, Lovador, Huhu, Unusith, Vatrome, Flofbite, and Kalown
@preciousgems - Rix
@dokirune - Astern, Sammied, Gilyon, Cerberus, and Huhu
@snowywinter - Tasma(s), Cayni, Clorgi, Listirck, Rebonne, Cerberus, and Wynerl(s)
@boba - Sammied, Lovador, Kettu, Clorgi(s), Cerberus, Tasma(s), Florette, Meriton, Listrick, Rebonne, Cayni, Wynerl, Biwo, Huhu, and Lyralopex
@powgal15 - Tasma(s), Wynerl(s), Listrick(s), Clorgi, Rebonne(s), Florette, Kettu, and Cerberus
@sassybrat - Clorgi(s), Lovador, Biwo, and Rebonne
@ariltha - Cerberus
@moonlight24 - Clorgi, Cayni(s) and Tasma(s)
@frankenstein - Beaguile, Biwo, Canige, Cayni, Cerberus, Choconom, Clorgi, Corphex, Cozi, Colatay, Deena, Fetti, Gantula, Haunlupe, Huhu, Ibridi, Innu, Iramae, Listrick, Lovador, Lyralopex, Moue, Mushri, Rannin, Rebonne, Robark, Sammied, Sento, Tasma, Unusith, Vatrome, Tasma, Wolfern, and Wynerl
@reddish - Cerberus
@happycant2 - Clorgi, Listrick, Rebonne, Icenryo, and Cayni
@acclivius - Sheltie and Chihuahua in real life

Dog Creatures(not in alphabetical order):
• Beaguile
• Bruxa
• Biwo
• Canic
• Canige
• Cayni
• Cerberus
• Clorgi
• Colatay
• Corphex
• Cozi
• Dynia
• Kettu
• Tasma
• Lovador
• Rebonne
• Medis
• Florette
• Listrick
• Huhu
• Gilyon
• Meriton
• Sammied
• Rix
• Wynerl
• Vatrome
• Unusith

Pings(would you like to join?):
@murmurw
@distorted
@powgal15

New info: Check page 12 for May’s user contest rules. Join the Elemental Dog RP

Pinging other doggo lovers would be nice too!

Deleted • 6 March 2021 at 2:53 PM

@athanasia, I know I run the cat club, but I love dogs too, I would love to join, I don't have a dog in my main cove yet, but I collect Rixes @Rix.

My favorite dog creatures are Goldox, Roarant, Lycire and Fetti, Rix

“Staying United we will fear nothing!”

Female
852 posts

athanasia • 6 March 2021 at 3:41 PM

@preciousgems
Nice! I’ve added you! This club is for anyone to join as long as you like dogs!

Deleted • 6 March 2021 at 3:57 PM

@athansia, thanks! ❤️

Female
852 posts

athanasia • 7 March 2021 at 1:20 PM

@preciousgems
I’ve decided about doing a thing for this club where every end of the month there will be a raffle or user contest and the winner(s) can take a creature that resembles a dog as their prize, what do you think? Of course, this will need more members to happen.

Deleted • 7 March 2021 at 1:21 PM

@atahanasia that's a wonderful idea! 😊

Female
852 posts

athanasia • 7 March 2021 at 1:23 PM

@preciousgems
Thanks! I’ll start buying the prizes and saving up for more prizes!

Deleted • 7 March 2021 at 1:24 PM

@athanasia that sounds great!

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 11 March 2021 at 2:53 AM

@athanasia

Count me in... just don't know how active I'll be.

The Sammied is one of my favorites. I saw it on the front page when I thought about joining, and it was one of the cinchers for me that tipped the scales. So beautiful and peaceful looking. It's definitely on my 'must have someday' list.
Thanks to @preciousgems for reminding us about the Fetti; I smile almost every time I see it. That's on my 'hope to have someday' list.
(I'm not begging, just sharing my interest level.)

Are we allowed to talk about real life dogs in here? If so, I have too many favorites to list. LOL (I could once name over 400 breeds of dog just from memory! ...Now I'd be lucky if I could name 40.)

Deleted • 11 March 2021 at 7:05 AM

@snowywinter of course! Your right m, Fetti is adorable l, it’s on my wishlist too 😊

Deleted • 11 March 2021 at 10:26 AM

@athanasia
Yes- Can I join? I think this is a gud idea- I honestly try to collect any creature that looks at least a little like a canine or has canine features. Tbh I don't really know if I can put some of them in that category tho bc they kinda remind me more of other animals than canines sometimes, cgreahiul.
“Staying United we will fear nothing!”

Female
852 posts

athanasia • 11 March 2021 at 10:48 AM

@snowywinter @dreamii
Thanks for joining! I’ll add you guys to the members list😊

Sorry this took awhile, when I came back I had a flood of notifications lol

Edit; I managed to buy a few prizes for the end of month user contests, they currently reside in the Doggo prize tab at @athanasia_storage

Female
514 posts

boba • 11 March 2021 at 3:18 PM

@athanasia
Can I join? This is a great idea!
“Staying United We will Fear Nothing!”
I really like all the dog on EggCave…
Dog creatures I currently have: Sammied Huhu idk what else 😋

Female
852 posts

athanasia • 11 March 2021 at 4:16 PM

@moonstruck10
Alright added😊

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 11 March 2021 at 4:20 PM

Thanks @preciousgems for the warm welcome ^ _ ^

@dreamii You had me chuckling, because there's this really beautiful colorful one. (Sort of like a yellow hybrid of Fetti & Pumpkit) If i remember correctly it's actually a cat, but every time I see it, I think it's a fox.

@athanasia Thank you for the add : )
Know how that goes about the notifications. (The other day I didn't get to clicking because I had so many replies to get to... and that was before I tried becoming active in the forums. It was all PMs.)

This morning my brain couldn't stop being curious about how many dog breeds I do still know, so even before I got out of bed I started listing them off. *facepalm* (I think if pressed I could easily get over 40.)
I'm sure it won't be long before I have most of the candid species on here memorized too. lol.

Deleted • 11 March 2021 at 4:23 PM

@snowywinter of course! ^^

Female
852 posts

athanasia • 11 March 2021 at 4:27 PM

@snowywinter
That’s nice! I can only name like 6 lol
Golden retriever, chihuahua, corgi, German shepherd, husky, and border collie lol can’t think of any more

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 11 March 2021 at 5:16 PM

@athanasia Hey that's more than some people can name : )
I have a friend who can only name one type of bird. pigeon. lol. : ) (we're all into different things and that's okay.)

But noooo... nooo.... *'This is the Song That Never Ends' starts playing in head*
I was barely stopping myself.
No help from Google (or other websites)... now I have to try. (Though it's a bit of cheating reading your answer... my brain hadn't gotten to huskies or border collies *yet* ...It was only a matter of time though.) *stretches fingers and shoulders*
(This will be a good distraction while my pup is at the vet today.)

(Spelling might not be accurate)
Affenpinscher
Airedale
Alaskan Malamute
Akita
Anatolian Shepherd
Australian Cattle Dog (Red & Blue Heelers inc)
Australian Kelpie
Australian Shepherd
Bassett Hound
Beagle
Belgian Shepherds (Though now considered separate breeds, I'm counting it as one. Malanois, Lakenois, Terevern, Groendale)
Bendelington
Bichon Frieze
Blood Hound
Border Collie
Bouvier de Flanders
Brittany Spaniel
Brussles Griffon
Bull Terrier
Cannan Dog
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
Chihuahua ( *steals answer* Totally doesn't count if I forgot to list the other breed of my current dog. *facepalm*) (American and Mexican Chihuahuas are almost completely different breeds and have very different personalities. Tachichi is the Mexican version which is much calmer.)
Chinese Crested (Which is not Chinese in origin at all)
Chow Chow
Cocker Spaniel
Collie (Rough and Smooth coat)
Corgi ( Pembroke & Welsh)
Cumberland Spaniel
Czechoslovakian Wolf Dog
Dobermann Pinscher
Dutch Shepherd
English Shepherd
English Mastiff
Fox Terrier
Golden Retriever
German Shepherd Dog (/Alsatian) (Including White Shepherds, now considered a separate breed)
Great Dane
Irish Setter
Jack/Parson Russell Terrier
Labrador Retriever
Leonberger
Maltese
Mountain Dog, (Swiss and Bernese)
Newfoundland
Nova Scotia Duck tolling Retriever
Pekinese
Pomeranian
Poodle (All sizes are technically the same breed.)
Portuguese Water Dog
Pulli
Pug
Rat Terrier (I'm counting the Hairless terrier in here too.)
Rottweiler
Saarloose Wolfdog
Saint Bernard
Scottish Terrier
Shitzu
Siberian Husky
Skye Terrier
Staffshire Terrier
Tibetan Mastiff
Tibetan Spaniel
West Highland White Terrier
Xoloti (know I'm Wayyyyy off on this spelling) / Xolo
Yorkshire Terrier

(And for the life of me I can Not remember the name of the breed of the one in Because of Winn-Dixie, or the one that everyone thinks are miniature collies, or the similar spaniel to Cocker's but with longer ears.) (Had to find out, Berger Picard, Shetland Sheepdog, Springer Spaniel)

And my brain go kaput. Was sooo close to 40. Still can't believe i forgot Chihuahua!!!
I'll probably think of more later... but I consider this a pop quiz.
Edit: Proverbial buzzer rang and I thought of about five *coughitjustkeptgoingcough* more. Woot! 40+

Deleted • 11 March 2021 at 5:19 PM

I like the Pitbulls ^^

Female
852 posts

athanasia • 11 March 2021 at 5:25 PM

@snowywinter
I think the dog in Because of Winn-Dixie is a mutt lol but idk

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 11 March 2021 at 5:31 PM

@preciousgems I used to work with a pittie rescue 😊 They helped me with one of my independent fosters, and in turn I helped them with adoption events. So many of those dogs were absolute sweethearts. (And there were a few hellions that I thought were lost causes. But so many were the nanny dogs they were originally bred to be.)

@athanasia lol... it's not a common breed, that's for sure. It fell out of popularity ages ago. (Even before i was born.)
I'm honestly surprised it's not more popular with Star Trek fans. LOL!

Deleted • 11 March 2021 at 5:36 PM

@snowywinter, I wish I could adopt a pitbull but my dad doesn't like them a couple of my friends have them and I think they are so sweet ^^

Female
852 posts

athanasia • 11 March 2021 at 5:50 PM

@snowywinter
That’s cool, I used to have dogs(in like second grade lol)

Female
514 posts

boba • 11 March 2021 at 6:04 PM

@snowywinter
That’s nice! I have a corgi and am planning to get her a friend soon cause I’m really busy and don’t have lots of time to play with her…

Female
852 posts

athanasia • 11 March 2021 at 6:19 PM

@moonstruck10
Corgis are my favs!

Female
514 posts

boba • 11 March 2021 at 6:20 PM

@athanasia
Corgis are my favorites too! 😸

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 11 March 2021 at 6:25 PM

@athanasia My parents had dogs up until I was about 2 & 1/2. Somehow I remembered them and asked my parents about them when I was three. I begged them for a dog all the way until middle school when i found an ad in the paper for a breed my dad grew up with and they finally caved in. Until then I got *stuck* with a bunch of pets I never wanted nearly as much. (I loved many of them, but they just weren't a dog, y'know?)
And I've had dogs ever since. (And I totally recommend fostering too! It's not for everyone, but it's such a good feeling knowing you helped save a life.)

@moonstruck10 Corgi's have such interesting personalities! So stubborn, but so sweet. I was surprised at how heavy they are! They look so small, but they weigh in like a medium sized dog.
That's wonderful that you plan on getting her a friend! Dogs can get lonely and depressed without other furry companions. even if they have ones they don't quite fully get along with, it can make a huge different. (I feel so bad we haven't been able to get a 2nd dog around here, especially since I had to stop going to dog parks. But a stray cat adopted us, and it's help lift my girl's mood. Even though we have to be on the lookout for him pouncing her.)

Female
514 posts

boba • 11 March 2021 at 6:26 PM

@snowywinter
That’s great! 😃

Deleted • 11 March 2021 at 6:30 PM

@snowywinter I wish I could relate entirely, my dad loves dogs but he just doesn't want one in the house and my mom doesn't want one, though she never had a dog, I have begged, but they wouldn't so I guess I have to wait 2-3 more years before I can get one! But I'll look forward to getting my first dog ever, whenever it is!

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 11 March 2021 at 6:36 PM

@preciousgems Totally will be worth the wait to be able to give your furry companion the attention and care it deserves. Most dogs don't do well away from their pack (usually humans now,) unless it's an outside working dog - and many of those even come inside at night now.

Wishing you all the best in the day it comes true. May it be the most perfect absolute bestest dog ever. ^^

@athanasia I have a Cayni in my cove. (I think that's the creature list in the first post. Not sure if you wanted to edit it.)

@moonstruck10 *squints* It sort of does look a bit like a Chihuahua doesn't it.

To all: My absolute fav is the German Shepherd.
I've also had/have a Rat Terrier, German Shepherd, and a Chihuahua/Pomeranian mix (not including fosters. Except the Husky that was with us for over two years.)
My wishlist over the years that I've yet to have, (and this doesn't include other breeds I've met and like/love, but don't think are right for me, such as Corgis) : Doberman, Rottweiler, Great Dane, Tibetan Mastiff, Newfie, Pomeranian, Australian Kelpie, Irish Setter, Brittany Spaniel (How could I forget that on my list! I even got pre-approved by several rescues at one time. - Things just never panned out financially for us.)
(I have a thing for large working dogs. lol I LOVE dog training, it is so fun.), and Rough-coated Collie

I totally blame a horror movie for falling in love with the Tibetan Mastiff,
My grandma had an Irish Setter that I absolutely adored and have met so many more sweet ones.
And Australian Kelpies are the closest I ever found in personality to German Shepherds. But they're in compact packages. lol. Secretly heavy like Corgi. lol!