Types of eggcave players :)

in General

Genderqueer
135 posts

noxura • 21 April 2021 at 8:00 AM

I'm guilty for being atleast more than one of those lol.

The traveler
Gives every creature they own a travel that either that fits every individual or every single one of them has the same travel

The hoarder
Usually a spare account that's filled with hundreds of the same eggcave species

The sniper
Lurks in auctions and placing a massive bid on the last second

The quester
Sneaks into user shops to buy what's needed for the quest in less than two minutes

The chad
Has less than three highly valued creatures, usually really active around eggcave forums.

The "That one dead guy"
Old account that hasn't been seen active in years, rest in peace man.

The dictionary
Names all their creatures some word or name

The empty pockets
Spends all ec on random creatures they bought off impulse

The banker
Scrapes up all their ec and puts into the bank then uses it very sparingly, then finds what they want and dumps all of the ec into buying that

Non-binary
1,065 posts

distorted • 21 April 2021 at 10:38 AM

@noxura Im "the empty pocket" lmbo XD

and the hoarder
I'm hoarding 3 creatures
i have a hoarding problem

aNd iM aLsO tEh TrAvElEr

Female
968 posts

murmurw • 21 April 2021 at 11:11 AM

@noxura I WAS a Hoarder, but I’m essentially The Thief (I think it should be called the Sniper instead, Thief has a negative connotation to something that everyone does & i don’t think it’s totally unfair), The Quester, The Dictionary, & The Banker ^.^

Female
1,621 posts

solaris • 21 April 2021 at 11:31 AM

@noxura

I think I’m The Traveller and The Empty Pockets!

And, I agree with @murmurw
I’m occasionally “The Sniper”, because you can’t steal something that is open to everyone. But I never put in a massive bid because I like deals.

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 21 April 2021 at 11:41 AM

@noxura i'm definitely the traveler and the dictionary lol, the chad made me laugh though

i used to hoard a lot on my side account but i've been downsizing a ton cause i don't have a LoV and tims was getting expensive lol

Genderqueer
135 posts

noxura • 21 April 2021 at 12:59 PM

@murmurw
I named it the thief cause I didn't have anything else on my mind, and it feels something that could have been yours is snatched away at the last moment, really disappointing, kinda like it's stolen from you. That being said I gotta admit I did that tactic in auctions many times x)

Rn I'm the thief, traveler, empty pockets and quester 😊

Female
968 posts

murmurw • 21 April 2021 at 1:06 PM

@noxura Hmm... I would still argue that it should be called “sniper,” because the auction, like @/solaris said, is open to everyone. It’s always who has the highest bid wins, that’s what an auctions is. It’s not like oh, you bid & no one outbids you for a day so you think you’re going to win but then someone does outbid you at the last second, meaning they stole from you. No, an auction is open for bidding to the second it’s over. Any bid input before it ends is always fair & it shouldn’t be called stealing. But then again, that’s just my opinion, sorry if it came off as aggressive ^.^”

Genderqueer
135 posts

noxura • 21 April 2021 at 1:20 PM

@murmurw I'll change it to sniper then

Female
5 posts

cryptic_cryptic • 21 April 2021 at 1:42 PM

Looks like I'm turning into a traveler. : )

Female
852 posts

athanasia • 21 April 2021 at 3:50 PM

@noxura
Definitely the quester, chad, the dictionary and the empty pockets lol

Transsexual
138 posts

sonny • 21 April 2021 at 10:57 PM

im definitely the traveler, hoarder, and dictionary xD

Female
912 posts

shirothekittehlover • 21 April 2021 at 11:41 PM

@noxura I'm the traveler,the dictionary,and the banker xD and also probably the chad idk-

Female
345 posts

moonlight24 • 28 April 2021 at 7:43 PM

The sniper
Lurks in auctions and placing a massive bid on the last second

The quester
Sneaks into user shops to buy what's needed for the quest in less than two minutes

The chad
Has less than three highly valued creatures, usually really active around eggcave forums.

The empty pockets
Spends all ec on random creatures they bought off impulse

The banker
Scrapes up all their ec and puts into the bank then uses it very sparingly, then finds what they want and dumps all of the ec into buying that

I made my own

The cringey
Just really cringe. Lol

Female
46 posts

starshadowfire • 28 April 2021 at 8:53 PM

I'm the chad and the dictionary (most of the time)

Deleted • 28 April 2021 at 10:22 PM

@noxura I have been all of these at one point XD

Female
584 posts

xxcouchxx • 4 May 2021 at 6:28 AM

@preciousgems

Right, I was gonna say I go through periods of each xD but I'm always a traveler, sniper and I would hope I'm a banker 😃

Deleted • 4 May 2021 at 8:04 AM

@xxcouchxx, I'm currently a banker and a traveler 😃

Female
584 posts

xxcouchxx • 4 May 2021 at 8:44 AM

@preciousgems

Noice, I only have 600k but it's cuz I just did a giveaway XP

Travels are too much fun to put on haha

Deleted • 4 May 2021 at 8:46 AM

@xxcouchxx

I can relate, I love picking travels that I believe suit each creature best

Female
345 posts

moonlight24 • 4 May 2021 at 8:47 AM

@preciousgems
Yeah xd

Female
11 posts

wyvernwyrm • 10 May 2021 at 12:32 PM

i’m definitely a mix between the sniper & the banker!

122 posts

happycant2 • 10 May 2021 at 3:17 PM

this is so accurate and why do I feel like a mix of all of them wh-

Female
306 posts

powgal15 • 23 June 2021 at 8:38 AM

@noxura I'm "the chad" XD

Female
23 posts

acclivius • 27 June 2021 at 12:27 AM

I was the "That one dead guy" but now I’m back, heh.

Female
97 posts

amberwater • 27 June 2021 at 11:33 PM

I'm definitely the quester and the banker

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 28 June 2021 at 8:16 PM

Totally not the Quester and the Banker ehehehe

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 5 July 2021 at 11:44 PM

I aspire to someday be a Traveler
but, I'm too much of a Banker right now. lol

On my way to being a Hoarder. :,( I didn't want to be. When I started, my goal was to only have up to two of each creature I like. Then I was like 'oh, maybe I'll keep a few more around for people who join the site later on. I didn't want them having to be lamenting missing out on some cuties like I was when I joined. Now here I am sitting on too many, having a hard time parting with most of them. ☹️

The Sniper - Too much real world auction experience not to be. But I'm still too much of a small fry to have won any here. (The wining bids are usually way more EC than I've ever accumulated.)

Probably on my way to becoming a Quester. Did my second one today, and I don't have the self control anymore to *not* buy items from the shops while refreshing. Spend more EC on all those extra items I didn't plan on buying (yet) than on price difference between ec shop and user shop.

( Not a Chad, but I have to wonder at the inside joke I'm missing on how that got named.)

I hope to never be "That one dead player", but it's probably inevitable. 20+ years of internet history speaks for itself. Even the sites from that long ago that I do still visit... I don't log into anymore. : /
(Hopefully I'll unload some of my hoard first if I feel it coming on.)

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 6 July 2021 at 9:25 PM

@noxura
I believe I am the dictionary and the empty pockets lmao 😃

Female
806 posts

aedia • 16 August 2021 at 1:42 AM

I'm mostly "The Banker" lately and absolutely hate to spend my ec....so I haven't spent much at all in quite a long time and hoping to build up enough so that I have a good quantity of interest. Maybe I'm really "The Investor" or "Penny Pincher" or something similar... I even try to do the daily trivia if I can to get that extra ec and log in each day for my daily ec rewards and put them right into my bank account. xD I'm more likely to just buy CC than spend my hard earned ec at this point, unless they are creatures for under 250,000ec, then I might spend a little. LOL!

I used to be more of "The Traveler", but I haven't been keeping up with it lately since I am not as active as I used to be, but I'd like to catch up. I also almost could qualify as a hoarder, except I have tendency to collect multiple different small hoards of same creatures and usually at most 20, and all my different small hoards are in my side accounts. xD

I feel like there are also those who spend a lot of real money buying CC and mostly just have CC or rare event creatures, I wonder what they'd be called? 😃

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 16 August 2021 at 10:38 AM

@noxura

I am a sniper, dictionary, and banker. XD

There are also players who do different things with their profile descriptions.