πŸ’Έ EC to CC Conversion Terminal

in Site Feedback & Ideas

97 posts

riceboysleeps • 12 January 2022 at 10:31 PM

I stand by what I wrote above. And lexicon put it well:

"I just really would like to see the site more active again, I feel like there's been a lull in both trading and the forums lately and hopefully this idea will make CC more attainable and increase foot traffic again! Honestly this idea doesn't necessarily bring in more money for the site immediately, which is why it hasn't been implemented, but I think long-term it will increase the quality of life for current players who can't afford/don't want to spend actual money thus leading to more recommendations and more people joining the site who might be able to buy CC! Who doesn't want to join a cute adoptable site where you can actually work your way up to your dream cove through hard work?? And a more thriving, happy community?? Win-win in my book!"

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 13 January 2022 at 2:39 AM

I think that enough users have outlined what really matters, and what could change with this suggestion if it were programmed into the system. As I have nothing further to add to those comments, I will just be giving this topic a bump.

150 posts

greengrassoftunnel • 13 January 2022 at 3:31 PM

I really like these ideas 😊

87 posts

structuresfromsilence • 13 January 2022 at 11:18 PM

"EC can be converted into cash to be used at the cash shop... Egg Cave will ALWAYS BE FREE " @ian

Giving this topic a bump as well πŸ˜ƒ

Female
1,308 posts

stellalunagirl • 14 January 2022 at 5:56 AM

@prairie
Awesome suggestion. Been discussing this with @techno for a while. I fully support this.

@poserpanda - I echo your sentiments exactly!

I too would also urge @ian to seriously consider the arguments made in this thread. I believe they are well-considered and fair. Thank you!

118 posts

lobstertheremin • 14 January 2022 at 11:16 AM

This is a great idea. Thank you for putting it so well, OP 😊

Female
2,157 posts

prairie • 15 January 2022 at 12:04 PM

Thanks for all the feedback and support all!
Bumping this again to get it on the recent activity again.

Please ping friends and other users to spread this idea if you like it!
It helps bring more activity and discussion.

Cisgender Male
306 posts

tryvegan4theanimals • 15 January 2022 at 5:29 PM

I'd like to bump this thread again, too! Great idea and well put, Prairie and everyone else πŸ™‚πŸ‘

Female
574 posts

iia • 16 January 2022 at 7:27 AM

Bumping this thread!

I think pretty much everything has been said but I want people to see it and share their opinions.

Deleted • 16 January 2022 at 9:00 AM

Thanks for the mentions, this is a rather interesting topic and I would like to mention a few points that may have already been addressed.

As mentioned by @pipkitten a while ago, the Leaf of Vaka acts as a substitute for Tim's Food Shoppe (a common spot to spend your EC at). In addition to the LoV, stats boosters also act as another substitute to Tim's by being a means to immortalize creatures collectively for a price in CC.

An EC for CC terminal will not only reinforce the fact that the game is completely free to play but also give everyone a fair chance at accessing CSPs while boosting the sites' activity as it encourages more new users to continue playing.

There's definitely a lot of good progress recently (Seasonal Events, Birthday Event, Monthly CSP Raffles) which are very nice & user-friendly additions that I appreciate seeing on EC.

There is a potential problem that may arise due to this; which would be disincentivizing people to purchase CaveCash and the conversion cap or limits that @prairie suggested is a potential solution to this.

@iia
I strongly agree to your opinions.
I love the opportunities provided by the VEND machine as it still supports the ideology of a game being F2P. With re-releases and their pricing system, the need for CC has just risen over the past few months, so I don't see any harm in implementing a EC-CC conversion terminal with limits which would help normal users access CC without having the need to pay or compete with open market inflation.

112 posts

autumnal • 16 January 2022 at 11:00 AM

I like this idea, too. As a new player, I see that there are big problems with the site being so focused on getting people to spend money. It's like a Chinese finger trap: the more we try to get people to spend money, the worse the site looks to newcomers. But the counter-intuitive decision of letting people have more CC will lead to greater spending in the long run imo.

139 posts

viltuvitrast • 16 January 2022 at 11:18 AM

Bump, I still want this 😸

Female
574 posts

iia • 16 January 2022 at 5:11 PM

@autumnal
Completely right! A main reason newbies leave the site is because they don’t want to spend money on cc. A terminal would encourage newbies to stay and possibly buy cc when they feel more comfortable and established. This would also encourage people to spread the word about eggcave, leading to more sales in the future. 😊

112 posts

autumnal • 16 January 2022 at 5:26 PM

@iia yes, well put 😊

Female
1,867 posts

brookie • 17 January 2022 at 2:21 PM

Would love to hear more opinions!

Female
1,308 posts

stellalunagirl • 17 January 2022 at 9:29 PM

@iia

Another good point made. Allowing users to earn CC or at least make CC more accessible would definitely encourage more users to participate in various site events and increase the overall activity on EC. Would then also make trading for re-releases/ acquiring said re-releases more accessible as well.

Whilst the re-release idea has been great (many of us have benefitted from it), it is still quite untouchable for F2P users or users who can only afford a small amount of CC.

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 18 January 2022 at 8:15 PM

As a general reminder, since I've had to delete several spam posts, bumping is considered spam on Egg Cave. I know you want your topic to be seen but your posts should add something to the topic at hand and not just be for the purpose of getting it in the Recent Topics.

139 posts

viltuvitrast • 18 January 2022 at 9:42 PM

It seems interesting that Ian once said "EC can be converted into cash to be used at the cash shop... Egg Cave will ALWAYS BE FREE " because the site is very oriented towards the premium currency. I wish this was different. I hope that whoever has the power to implement such a feature (converting EC to CC) will add it soon. I also think that it would attract more players in the long run.

Cisgender Male
306 posts

tryvegan4theanimals • 19 January 2022 at 4:26 PM

My offer still stands: I'd be more than happy to purchase some CC if this feature is implemented. I personally would also be happy with more ads if that meant that the site was friendlier to players that don't have a lot of money. Thanks again for this post, @prairie, and everyone else who commented ❀️
-Alex

Female
1,867 posts

brookie • 19 January 2022 at 5:46 PM

@tryvegan4theanimals

I definitely agree with your points.

I have bought CC in the past, but I don't see a point in doing that now since I feel like it's a constant game of catch-up. I would consider buying more CC if the site was more lively, and that would make it more worth it for the price. In my opinion, it is clear that the site is CC dominated which intimidates users, and doesn't allow for much growth.

Female
1,308 posts

stellalunagirl • 19 January 2022 at 5:55 PM

@brookie
I agree with your point exactly! If there was more user engagement, trading would be a lot more fun and new users would have better access to older creatures. In general I believe if CC is more accessible it would likely increase the number of people that would want to purchase it and use it, thereby overall increasing revenue for the site.

Female
2,157 posts

prairie • 19 January 2022 at 5:57 PM

@brookie
BINGO man do I feel you on the "Game of Catch-up" bit.
If the site had a reliable way of users being able to get CC, I wouldn't feel like it's a endless coin slot if that makes sense.
CC has drove this site into the ground of a seemingly more 'pay to "win" game' so much that I find that many users get tired and frustrated with it over time. If we something like this implemented before re-releases, I'd bet the site would've had alot less of the angry users who spent so much on this site since they dumped some huge amounts of CC into dream pets.

87 posts

structuresfromsilence • 19 January 2022 at 9:26 PM

I remember when I first found this site. The screen that you see before you log in contains a selection of a few random creatures. I clicked refresh a few times just to see what kinds of different creatures I would see. That was a big motivation for me making an account, the idea of there being so many creatures to find. However, it's sad that so many of them are pretty much unavailable unless we pay for CC. Having a way to get CC from the site every month, even if just a little bit, would be really exciting 😊

118 posts

lobstertheremin • 19 January 2022 at 11:10 PM

@prairie Endless coin slot, yeah ☹️ let us earn CC! Just a little bit each month. It would really help imo

146 posts

aquafaba • 20 January 2022 at 12:37 PM

I like the idea of 5m ec converted to 500 cc once a month. There are enough CSP creatures, the two monthlies and the two rereleases, that people will want more cc and are likely to buy more. But it's enough to give poor players a good entry into the game. I agree that this will lead to more people sticking with the site instead of leaving.

Female
9,796 posts

chapus • 20 January 2022 at 3:37 PM

A bit late to the party, but I also agree with this!! I've been playing Egg Cave for so many years now and I think this EC to CC conversion, especially with a hard limit, would really help bolster activity and the uses for EC. That way if people want a monthly, they can afford to gain one with a little bit of work, and selling creatures for EC becomes more doable! Or if someone wants to save up CC, that is also possible with patience and trading.

Overall I think this allows the site to remain more accessible to folk while not being abusable, and obviously the use of bots and side accounts can lead to a ban/consequences just like the regular use of side accounts.

139 posts

viltuvitrast • 21 January 2022 at 11:30 AM

I agree with @chapus, letting players get one current CSP with hard work instead of just money would improve the site. Let free players have access to all of the site's features but make it a slog so that purchasing CC is still incentivized.

97 posts

riceboysleeps • 22 January 2022 at 11:56 AM

I love EC and have spent lots of time on here since I joined, but I'm frustrated by how the real way to collect rare creatures is simply to pay money for them instead of spending time on the site. Someone could spend 2 hours and get almost all the creatures they want if they just spend a ton on CC and then buy the creatures. I think the site should be more geared towards players who spend lots of time here instead of players who spend a lot of money.

150 posts

greengrassoftunnel • 22 January 2022 at 12:28 PM

@riceboysleeps good point, the site should reward hard work more. The site should also reward spending money of course, but not so obviously and game breakingly.

146 posts

aquafaba • 23 January 2022 at 12:23 PM

Like @brookie said: For a new player since end of 2021, the catching up slog is very intimidating. That and the fact that most creatures are unobtainable without spending money. Allowing everyone access to a little bit of CC every month through site gameplay would bring in more people and more activity, I'm sure of it.