Creature Suggestion: aglmaid - the deep sea Yeep

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

1,558 posts

dragonii • 7 October 2022 at 7:42 PM

Hi, so I kind of had this concept for a while, but I never could think of a proper description so I'm giving lore so that if it becomes an actual creature it maybe someone can write it better then I can? haha

--
Name: aglmaid (ah-gle-made)
Angler fish + mermaid

Lore: Much like the angler fish, the blue markings on it glows to attract pray to it.
It is known for staying in deep water, but can come to land if they so desire.
occasionally, Aglmaids will be seen at fishing spots to hunt.
It has gained a nickname among local fishermen, divers and sailors as "The Deep Sea Yeep" As it has some striking visual similarities to Yeeps.

---

Art: https://www.deviantart.com/11dragonii/art/The-Deep-Sea-Yeep-Eggcave-creature-suggestion-920562867

I'd love to hear all of your thoughts about it. 😸

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 7 October 2022 at 8:23 PM

@dragonii

Omg I really love the baby version it's so cute! I love how it's similar to the yeep, but it's not directly a yeep.

Female
2,942 posts

heatherm19 • 7 October 2022 at 8:43 PM

The baby stage is adorable, but I really like the way the adult looks. It looks dark and sorta menacing but not scary and still pretty cute. I'd love to see this in the game!

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 7 October 2022 at 10:36 PM

@dragonii
I love how you made it look like a Yeep, but still look distinct from it! ^^
Would love to see it in the Cave sometime 😃

@lothar
@ian
@prairie

Female
730 posts

lothar • 8 October 2022 at 12:40 AM

@dragonii
Glowing blue marks are beautiful and mysterious, and one eye makes it more fierce. Deep sea creature... How attractive it is! Really want one in my cove!

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 8 October 2022 at 1:38 AM

@dragonii
I seen the title and I was all 'Nope, nope, NOPE! No MORE Yeeps! ! ! !"
But I'll be darned, it's almost cute (in the way people who like the conventionally 'hideous' things do.) And it DEFINITELY looks like something that belongs on Eggcave. (Dare I say it looks like it should be a Cave Common? And I mean that as a compliment.)
As the design is, I'd love to have a couple in my cove.

P.s. I like the name, and the description is good (maybe needs just a little polishing or tweaking?)

@Ian , make this happen! : D ❤️

1,558 posts

dragonii • 8 October 2022 at 2:14 AM

sorry about the double pings ;; I needed to repost the post.

@jirachiwishmaker I'm so glad you like it!! its honestly based on a yeep and the lack of cyclopes based creatures. Plus, I thought it would be a cute homage if a recently made creature referenced the first cyclops creature on eggcave. 😊

@heatherm19 I'm glad you think so! I definitely wanted to capture the feel of a creature being cute and cuddly as a baby, but terrifying as an adult.

@shirothekittehlover Thank you!! I definitely wanted a creature to be an homage to the Yeep, but while being its own thing at the same time haha.

@lothar Thank you!!! Id honestly love to have all stages in my cove.

@snowywinter Your messaged was sent I was writing my reply haha. But I 100% feel you, the yeep and its duplicates are alright. But something about the yeep itself is just a staple to eggcave and I wanted to capture that with the aglmaid.

I agree with you with the description needing to be polished.
I couldn't think of a good way to write the description that fit all that I wanted? But I knew the lore I had for it, haha.
Its honestly why I went with lore instead of description, cause I have to admit, I'm a little hopeful someone could take the lore and make a wonderful description with it.

If it was to be a cave common I'd honestly wish it being harder to get, just because of its lore of being a deep see creature that occasionally pops up to surface level haha.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 8 October 2022 at 2:26 AM

@dragonii I don't know whether it's my luck or whether some creatures on on a different schedule, but there's some I forget are cave commons /not retired because i can go almost a whole month before seeing them again.

Understand about just wanting to get a concept out there. Was just trying to let you know I think it's a good concept and I really hope someone can take your idea and make it shine in a way you adore : )
It's all good, but I really hope this "It has gained a nickname among local fishermen, divers and sailors as "The Deep Sea Yeep" " makes it into the final version verbatim.

1,558 posts

dragonii • 10 October 2022 at 12:21 AM

@snowywinter that’s absolutely understandable haha, I tend to not really go to the cave so I don’t really know the cycle of the critters.

That really means a lot to me honestly, ;;

Honestly, that is one part I deeply hope gets into the description verbatim. That part holds so much inspiration for in the whole design, I’m not sure how I’d feel if they removed it.

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 12 October 2022 at 1:18 PM

@dragonii
Here's a description for the egg if you'd like it!

These eggs are usually only found in the cold depths of the ocean....... Nobody knows how did they end up in the Egg Cave. Maybe the parents happen to stumble upon the Cave and laid eggs there.....?
The blue markings of these eggs glow if put in saltwater at a quite deep depth. Looking at it gives you chills.......

1,558 posts

dragonii • 14 October 2022 at 7:59 PM

@shirothekittehlover I love that!! thank you for writing that 😃

Female
760 posts

okami • 15 October 2022 at 12:55 AM

@dragonii

I really like both stages, but the adult design is awesome! So mischievous and menacing looking... definitely wouldn't want to come across it!

1,558 posts

dragonii • 15 January 2023 at 9:40 PM

@bluewolf I 100% agree! It be terrifying! but I'd still want one in my cove and have it be my best friend.

Female
2,142 posts

cranberrycat1 • 15 January 2023 at 11:09 PM

I like the adult design the best out of the stages hope this is implemented soon

Demifluid
1,508 posts

wonder404exe • 18 January 2023 at 8:06 PM

OML- :’0 its sooo pretttyyyyy~~ one eye + deep sea fit so well and ur art is just 🥹

Female
2,727 posts

jlya • 25 January 2023 at 3:54 PM

@dragonii
I LOVE this idea! I actually like this Yeep xD
Ditto to what everyone has already commented! ❤️

1,558 posts

dragonii • 25 January 2023 at 5:46 PM

@cranberrycat1 Thank you! I honestly loved drawing the adult form so much, and honestly id love to have one in my cove. But man it would be a wish come true if this guy gets implemented.

@wonder404exe Thank you!!! This sounds silly but each time i see the final stage and the egg i just sit and go "whoah, i drew that... it looks amazing and i drew it!!" the design and the color pallet just looks so wonderful to me and im so happy that i can look at it with aww with others.

@jlya Thank you!! I have a love for the OG yeep, he looks like an ugly stinker but all the other yeeps just don't vibe yeep to me haha, But im glad you like this idea and hopefully it captured the better part of the OG yeep haha

Female
170 posts

muppet • 2 February 2023 at 2:43 PM

@Ian
WE NEED THIS CREATURE!!!

@sunfire103
@lunacharm1037
@armageddondoll
@icedragon3000
@kiryko

Female
208 posts

sunfire103 • 2 February 2023 at 3:14 PM

I really love this one, I'm not sure they make 3 stage ones anymore, but I'd definitely want one 😊

Female
211 posts

stefrawr • 3 February 2023 at 9:34 AM

@dragonii

I absolutely love it!!!

475 posts

spell • 4 February 2023 at 12:48 AM

It looks very cool 😊 I also want some more variety in # of stages haha

1,558 posts

dragonii • 7 February 2023 at 7:15 PM

@muppet @sunfire103 @stefrawr @spell

Thank you!!!

I think it would be interesting to see another stage for this guy. I think it would be interesting to see what the artist does with it if it becomes an official design.

Female
48 posts

judith_666 • 8 February 2023 at 1:01 PM

Interesting concept

Male
2,327 posts

raitonchidori • 8 February 2023 at 1:10 PM

@dragonii not sure if I liked the name, but the creature is perfect!

1,558 posts

dragonii • 7 April 2023 at 6:10 PM

@raitonchidori absolutely understandable, honestly if egg cave can make a name that's more in character for the creature I'd love that. :0

@judith_666 Thanks. ^^

182 posts

noman15 • 17 April 2023 at 11:22 AM

A deep sea yeep makes sense as the normal ones are stated as regularly being found in the sewers.

1,558 posts

dragonii • 19 April 2023 at 8:08 PM

@noman15 Yknow, I never even thought of that! Thats actually a really fun connection.

182 posts

noman15 • 20 April 2023 at 8:46 AM

Given lately a lot of the entries have references or relations to other creatures, I thought it was logical to connect the dots.

Other
137 posts

pauloacacio • 26 May 2023 at 8:39 AM

That's what you should find in the Cave...

Female
2,413 posts

ida92 • 31 May 2023 at 3:16 AM

@dragonii I like this creature WAY more than the actual yeep! The baby stage is cute and the adult has a really cool pose. 😊 I support this suggestion!